[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

36 minutes ago, Wittytut said:

this was correct. Can you tell me how you gotten that information? I tired 1.19.50.01. I was not sure where to get the version or how to write it out. THANK YOU!!!!

Ehm, I remembered it somehow... :D

Don't know if they track the releases somewhere.

• Upvote 1
On 12/14/2022 at 8:13 AM, ich777 said:

If that's too much for you can also gift the game to me and I create a container or at least try to create a container since using WINE is not the easiest thing.

to be honest I don't even own the game, a friend just want a server and I was gonna make one for him ;) I think it's a good time to start learning all of that. Last time I played with linux, it was gentoo in the days of pentium 3 where you had to compile everything from scratch, starting with gcc (which took nearly 2 days to complete) in a stage 1 install. This doesn't even "exist" anymore.

Hey @ich777,

I was able to get the icarus server running with some tweaks to your Docker images. 

First was to change your Wine base Image to be the staging build and not the stable build. ( not really 100% sure this is needed but it works )

Second I tweaked the check for the VC runtime to look for any MSI files in the Installer folder and if there were none then it will fetch the vc runtimes. ( this was probably not needed but it looks like if something stops the container before its fully installed it creates the install folder and then never does the vc runtime at least thats what I saw. **this install takes a while the first time the server is launched makes it look like its not working but it does **)

I was able to launch the server get connected to the lobby and when i first start a prospect it gives me a network error ( I think this is their beta server or my network config ) but after this I am able to connect and get into the prospect and so far haven't had any other issues.

I have a feeling it will break when they update the server.exe but we'll see.
for those that want to try it you can use blackpanther989/steamcmd:icarus for the Repository

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, blackpanther989 said:

I was able to get the icarus server running with some tweaks to your Docker images. 

First was to change your Wine base Image to be the staging build and not the stable build. ( not really 100% sure this is needed but it works )

This is not my goal to run it with staging, btw it is also running with the stable WINE version now but the script that is available online and I'm using in my testing now looks a lot different.

Even the semi "official" one won't run correctly since they have a lot to fix from what I saw on their Discord server and I will wait until they get it a bit more stable.

32 minutes ago, blackpanther989 said:

I have a feeling it will break when they update the server.exe but we'll see.

This is one of the reasons why I didn't release it, the release you where dealing with is really a early one and as said above I won't release it until it gets a lot stabler than what is available currently.

You will also experience random crashes from the container in it's current form and even with the staging WINE build.

EDIT: Simply forgot it to delete which it is now.

• Thanks 1

Hello all,
I recently discovered Unraid and Docker, so I am really new to this entire thing. I have a 7DTD container running with CSMM container as well, I have a Cloudflare domain with cloudflare DNS and running a reverse proxy (followed a guide on setting up CSMM in unraid/docker) I have a few issues though that I am trying to figure out. One being if I use the restart button in CSMM it just shuts the server down on CSMM but the server in the container is still running and never restarts, and I would also like to set up automated restarts for CSMM but to work with the container. My second issue is linking discord, when clicking the link I get a "Discord authentication error. This should never occur! Please report this on the dev server". 

I would appreciate any help/advice.

Thank you,

OCG

I'm trying to run a Conan Exiles server. When it was fresh with nothing on it, it loaded up fine.

So I gave it a reboot, logged in again, then shut down.

I then added a few mods. Nothing big like AoC or EEWA.

Now I get this after it has loaded tons of stuff. I have a ton of free ram.

LogMemory:Warning: Freeing 33554432 bytes from backup pool to handle out of memory.
LogMemory:Warning: MemoryStats:
        AvailablePhysical 19807563776
         AvailableVirtual 140737488158719
             UsedPhysical 7747080192
         PeakUsedPhysical 7750664192
              UsedVirtual 7725981696
          PeakUsedVirtual 7725981696
00f8:err:sync:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 00000000029D2480 "?" wait timed out in thread 00f8, blocked by 0104, retrying (60 sec)
010c:err:sync:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 00000000029D2480 "?" wait timed out in thread 010c, blocked by 0104, retrying (60 sec)

9 hours ago, oxideSeven said:

I then added a few mods. Nothing big like AoC or EEWA.

In general I don't support modding because I even don't know what these two mods are.

If the mod is not working with my container I can't help.

You can try another container or you can try to set up the Conan server on bare metal and see if it works there.

Conan is also running through WINE and this could also cause some issues.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

In general I don't support modding because I even don't know what these two mods are.

If the mod is not working with my container I can't help.

You can try another container or you can try to set up the Conan server on bare metal and see if it works there.

Conan is also running through WINE and this could also cause some issues.

Fair enough haha! I'll setup a VM for it, since I guess Funcom doesn't even support linux servers anyway.

Thanks ich777!

• Like 1

Hey everyone, 

I’ve been searching through here and can’t find an answer, sorry if this is posted elsewhere. I’ve been running in circles for weeks. 
Im looking to host a second and possibly more in future of same docker. 
so currently 7 days to die server. Running smoothly all modded. 
standard ports. 
I’ve launched a second docker, using vanilla game with new ports… I can connect to the game, people can see the game listed in servers list. However no one can join. 
I’ve tried using same internal game ports and hoping my docker ports would redirect. 
I’ve tried all separate ports neither option is working.  

I’m thinking the issue might have to do with the ip?

how do I setup a separate ip for one particular docker? Host option or custom network in docket settings?  I don’t know what to do so I haven’t played with these as I don’t want to screw more things up. 
Or

does anyone know what might possibly be causing others to not join the specific ports and have a work around (I think it’s a steam issue that forces people to join the 26900 port)

any help would be greatly appreciated! 
cheers

Ok, so I have never used nor do I understand Steam.  I have installed Steam on my windows machine and created an account.  I have installed your Factorio docker container on my unraid server.  BTW, my daughter wants to play this game.

When I start the server, I get the following in the logs.  It is trying to use my external address.  When I start Steam, it does not find my server on the LAN.  What am i doing wrong?  Router is pFsense.  Do I have to buy Factorio to run this at home?

1.108 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:795: updateTick(0) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InGame)
   1.300 Info ServerRouter.cpp:650: Asking pingpong servers (pingpong1.factorio.com:34197, pingpong2.factorio.com:34197, pingpong3.factorio.com:34197, pingpong4.factorio.com:34197) for own address
   1.300 Info UDPSocket.cpp:39: Opening socket for broadcast
   1.301 Error InterruptibleStdioStream.cpp:61: Got EOF on stdin; closing
   1.301 Info RemoteCommandProcessor.cpp:130: Starting RCON interface at IP ADDR:({0.0.0.0:27015})
   1.301 Info CommandLineMultiplayer.cpp:292: Maximum segment size = 100; minimum segment size = 25; maximum-segment-size peer count = 10; minimum-segment-size peer count = 20
   1.351 Warning ServerRouter.cpp:527: Received own address message reply with conflicting address (got IP ADDR:({98.228.XXX.XXX:4947}), expected IP ADDR:({98.228.XXX.XXX:40452}))
   1.351 Warning ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:643: Determining own address has failed. Best guess: IP ADDR:({98.228.XXX.XXX:40452})
   1.368 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:732: Matching server connection failed: Error when creating server game: Missing token.
   1.435 Warning ServerRouter.cpp:527: Received own address message reply with conflicting address (got IP ADDR:({98.228.XXX.XXX:5312}), expected IP ADDR:({98.228.XXX.XXX:40452}))
   1.485 Warning ServerRouter.cpp:527: Received own address message reply with conflicting address (got IP ADDR:({98.228.XXX.XXX:55928}), expected IP ADDR:({98.228,XXX,XXX:40452}))

Hi! I've got a new Unraid server spun up and am hosting a Satisfactory server on it with no issue using your docker image.

I'm attempting to host a second instance of the server for a private game. I've found and followed the steps outlined in this Reddit post:

And here are my settings:

image.png.0edd7a95053cdd9d3d26867f944692f8.png

image.png.84eb7ed285dacf3510457234f41a12be.png

(The ones not pictured I have left as default.)

Attached is my log.

satisfactory_log.txt

The container starts, but I am unable to connect to it from my client on my gaming PC. It shows the server as offline / pending authentication. From the errors I'm assuming it hasn't actually started. I'm sure I'm missing something dumb - anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, mordy88 said:

I’ve launched a second docker, using vanilla game with new ports… I can connect to the game, people can see the game listed in servers list. However no one can join. 

4 minutes ago, VanGoghComplex said:

I'm attempting to host a second instance of the server for a private game. I've found and followed the steps outlined in this Reddit post:

This is for both of you:

You have to change the ports in your server config or your startup parameters.

If you have done this, also don't forget to delete the existing port mapping(s) from the container template and create new one(s) with the according port(s) that you've set in the config/start up parameters as the host and container port(s) (and also don't forget to choose the right protocol too!).

The existing ones won't work anymore because you've changed it in the config/start up parameters.

Also please don't try to attempt to change only the ports which are also exist currently in the template, that won't work for most games, you have to change them in the config/start up parameters, delete them and create new ones with container and host port set to the ones from the config/start up parameters.

25 minutes ago, mattw said:

1.301 Info RemoteCommandProcessor.cpp:130: Starting RCON interface at IP ADDR:({0.0.0.0:27015})

It seems like that something is wrong with the port forwarding as far as I can tell. Have you even forwarded the ports in your firewall?

Did you change anything in the firewall?

Anyways I would strongly recommend that you post a issue over on GitHub since I only created the template for Unraid and have no control over the container itself and how it behaves, I even don't know if it supports IPv6 fully: Click

26 minutes ago, mattw said:

Do I have to buy Factorio to run this at home?

No.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is for both of you:

If you have done this, also don't forget to delete the existing port mapping(s) from the container template and create new one(s) with the according port(s) that you've set in the config/start up parameters as the host and container port(s) (and also don't forget to choose the right protocol too!).

The existing ones won't work anymore because you've changed it in the config/start up parameters.

Also please don't try to attempt to change only the ports which are also exist currently in the template, that won't work for most games, you have to change them in the config/start up parameters, delete them and create new ones with container and host port set to the ones from the config/start up parameters.

I believe I have done this. I've deleted and created new port mappings in the template and added the appropriate parameter with matching ports.

Here are my settings:

-log -unattended -multihome=0.0.0.0 -Port=7787 -ServerQueryPort=15787 -BeaconPort=15010

and

image.thumb.png.9a498621db1b9ffa216ae7d20de4fe5b.png

Thanks for the help!

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It seems like that something is wrong with the port forwarding as far as I can tell. Have you even forwarded the ports in your firewall?

Did you change anything in the firewall?

Anyways I would strongly recommend that you post a issue over on GitHub since I only created the template for Unraid and have no control over the container itself and how it behaves, I even don't know if it supports IPv6 fully: Click

No.

Which github?  No, I do not have any port forwards set up.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

This is for both of you:

I see what I missed. I forgot to change the ports inside the container as well as outside. I fiddled with the old container but it wouldn't work. As soon as I created a new container with all the settings correct though, it came up in my client server list right away. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, VanGoghComplex said:

I believe I have done this. I've deleted and created new port mappings in the template and added the appropriate parameter with matching ports.

The old ports are still in there since the container port is 7777 and the host port is 7788.

You have to entirely delete the old port with the container port 7777 and you have to create new port mappings with both the host and container port set to 7788. For the other ports you have to do the same too.

You have no basically told that you want to use port 7788 inside the container and you forward port 7777 from the container to the host 7788 which can't work because the server uses as said above 7788 in the container. I hope I've explained that somewhat understandable... :D

1 hour ago, mattw said:

Which github?  No, I do not have any port forwards set up.

I have linked it in the previous post. Simply click on "Click" there.

You have to forward the ports otherwise it won't work. However you can set up a LAN only server but for that you have to edit the config <- should be described in the GitHub that I've linked.

1 hour ago, TH3GOD said:

When trying to start L4D2 server, I keep getting Missing interface adapter for STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION016, and it stops there.

This is not affecting the game server at all and the server is running at that point.

Can you see it in the Steam Server Browser? If not, can you see it in the Steam Server Browser?