[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

6 minutes ago, Morikami said:

But now the map does not load anymore....

I don‘t understand, what doesn‘t load anymore? The savegame or does the wrong world load?

Sorry but it seems more and more lika a misconfiguration than anything else and since I don‘t know much about your configuration I can‘t help…

With the Forest docker, has anyone successfully used different ports other than the standard 8766, 27015, 27016?

I have an ARK server using 27015 and cant get this to work on another port. I have tried changing it in the docker, the config file, and any combination of the two. Even tried given the Forest docker a dedicated IP address rather then bridge. It's as if the Forest app is hard coded to use the standard ports. 

2 hours ago, Wolfhunter1043 said:

It's as if the Forest app is hard coded to use the standard ports.

You should be able to change them by adding this to the GAME_PARAMS:

-serversteamport 8766 -servergameport 27015 -serverqueryport 27016

(of course change the ports to your liking, also don't forget to delete the old port mappings in the template and create new ones with the host and container port set to the same as the ones you have chosen with the appropriate protocol <- applies only if you are using the default bridge network).

27 minutes ago, RumoMM said:

Hi to all the brilliant heads behind these dockers.

It's just me... :D

27 minutes ago, RumoMM said:

I got a request in from a friend to host a Farming Simulator 2022 Server.

In theory it should work but I've never tired it because I have to use WINE, no native Linux version for this game available AFAIK.

The next thing is that I don't own the game and I have stopped creating container for games that I don't own, btw. I really don't like how they (Giant Software) handle licenses for the game since you need a dedicated copy with a key from the game for the dedicated server too.

So if you are willing the game twice to me I can look into this but I really can't tell if I can get it to work because of WINE.

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It's just me... :D

In theory it should work but I've never tired it because I have to use WINE, no native Linux version for this game available AFAIK.

The next thing is that I don't own the game and I have stopped creating container for games that I don't own, btw. I really don't like how they (Giant Software) handle licenses for the game since you need a dedicated copy with a key from the game for the dedicated server too.

So if you are willing the game twice to me I can look into this but I really can't tell if I can get it to work because of WINE.

Ah ok. I did not know its windows only. Thanks a lot for your quick answer. I dont play the game myself but I'm the one with an unraid server^^

• Like 1

I'm having trouble setting up my satisfactory server for outside access. When connecting via internal ip, everything works fine. When connecting via external ip, I get the following error:

UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection.. Elapsed: 20.00, Real: 20.00, Good: 20.00, DriverTime: 20.28, Threshold: 20.00, [UNetConnection]

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? My searching led to making sure the system time was set properly, but I couldn't find anything else.

Edited by Ccheese4
1 hour ago, Ccheese4 said:

I'm having trouble setting up my satisfactory server for outside access. When connecting via internal ip, everything works fine. When connecting via external ip, I get the following error:

Does it work when you try to connect via your local IP?

Are you sure that you have the correct ports with the appropriate protocol forwarded? Have you yet tried to connect from a external source to your server maybe hair pin NAT is not working properly?

It does work when I connect via my local IP:15777.

So I have a reverse proxy through Nginx Proxy Manager set up on my Unraid server, but I think I'm bypassing it for the time being until I can get something working. I have both ports 7777 to [Server IP]:7777 and 15777 to [Server IP]:15777 forwarded on my router using Both TCP and UDP protocols.

I just forwarded port 15000 as well, and now it works correctly (got a friend to log into the server successfully). Why is that? I thought it was using only one of the 15777 or 7777 ports (i forwarded both because I was getting frustrated).

My next step is to close those ports on my router and use my reverse proxy to forward to the correct port on my server. Which port should I forward the traffic to? I'm notoriously bad at networking, so I'm just trying to understand.

Edited by Ccheese4
56 minutes ago, Ccheese4 said:

I just forwarded port 15000 as well, and now it works correctly (got a friend to log into the server successfully). Why is that? I thought it was using only one of the 15777 or 7777 ports (i forwarded both because I was getting frustrated).

You have to forward the ports 7777, 15777 and 15000 as in the documentation, you always have to forward the ports which are specified in my templates.

Some game server use one port some use, two or three and some use a ton (eg. Project Zomboid 32+ ports, depending on how much players you want to let on your server).

My next step is to close those ports on my router and use my reverse proxy to forward to the correct port on my server.

Why would you do that? This adds another layer of complexity and you have to use streaming ports because these are not default http ports.

So I have a reverse proxy through Nginx Proxy Manager set up on my Unraid server, but I think I'm bypassing it for the time being until I can get something working.

You should never reverse proxy a game server.

Most game servers are using a proprietary protocol (which by the way wont answer the most http requests because it's a proprietary protocol) and this is not a "normal" web service or web server where a website ist hosted.

A reverse proxy is good for a service that runs locally which you want to make publicly available but a game server is a whole different story.

Please also note that in my container no game server is run with root privileges so they are safe to use, as said above please forward the ports without a proxy, you will cause only issues for yourself and I can't support proxying game servers because this makes no sense.

I see, sorry I missed the third port in the docs.

Thank you for explaining it. I'm learning a lot of new skills as I work on this unraid server thing, so I just hadn't been exposed to those details before. Thanks for taking the time to talk to a dummy like me. In any case, I got it working now so thanks for your help!

• Like 1

How necessary is this process? (using ich777/minecraftbasicserver)
--env 'UID=99' \
--env 'GID=100' \

The issue that I'm facing, is that my Minecraft (MC Eternal) server reboots will take literally forever to reboot due to this process. I've got hundreds of gigs of Dynmap and World data, and everytime the container reboots, this process will struggle to go through each of the directories created, mainly Dynmap and World folders will cause this to take forever as there are millions of folders/subdirectories.

Can I set the necessary permissions one time, and disable this process from the bootup process?

Edited by RifleJock
1 hour ago, RifleJock said:

The issue that I'm facing, is that my Minecraft (MC Eternal) server reboots will take literally forever to reboot due to this process. I've got hundreds of gigs of Dynmap and World data, and everytime the container reboots, this process will struggle to go through each of the directories created, mainly Dynmap and World folders will cause this to take forever as there are millions of folders/subdirectories.

You can't disable that by default.

However you could remove the line though a script that is executed before the command to set correct the permissions is even executed, but first I would like to try this manually and see if this helps.

Please try the following:

1. Start the container and open up a Console
  2. Copy paste this:
    sed -i '/chown -R ${UID}:${GID} ${DATA_DIR}/d' /opt/scripts/start.sh
    sed -i '/chmod -R ${DATA_PERM} ${DATA_DIR}/d' /opt/scripts/start-server.sh
  3. Restart the container and see if it starts up faster

If this is working I can explain how to make that permanent.

I am a brand new user of Unraid and really enjoy it so far. I builded my server mostly to host games and these dockers does make our lives SO much easier. Great job, really appreciated.

There's two things i can't find anywhere and I hope someone would be able to help me 🙏. First, Is there a way from the dashboard, dockers dashboard, plugins or settings to know how many players are connected to my game servers or a specific server?

Second, is there a way to schedule reboots of the Unraid server somewhere? 🤔

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who could provide support, it will be much appreciated.

Best regards

15 minutes ago, MisterB said:

First, Is there a way from the dashboard, dockers dashboard, plugins or settings to know how many players are connected to my game servers or a specific server?

Nope, you have to use some kind of external tool to monitor this. Depending on the game there are web tools out there who query the server status and how many players are connected.

16 minutes ago, MisterB said:

Second, is there a way to schedule reboots of the Unraid server somewhere? 🤔

The whole server? May I ask why? If yes, this would be a question for the General Support forum, but I think a user script (through the User Scripts plugin which you can find in the CA App) on a schedule with this command should work fine:

shutdown -r now

However if you want to restart only the container on a schedule you can simply create a user script on a schedule with the following contents:

docker container restart CONTAINERNAME

(please replace CONTAINERNAME with the exact container name, case sensitive!)

If you want to restart multiple containers at the same time you can also do:

docker container restart CONTAINERNAME1 CONTAINERNAME2 CONTAINERNAME3

(you can restart as many containers as you want at the same time as you want but I really don't recommend that because that could cause a significant performance hit and maybe cause heavy I/O and resource usage)

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Nope, you have to use some kind of external tool to monitor this. Depending on the game there are web tools out there who query the server status and how many players are connected.

Thanks a lot for the answers. That's sad, i was so much expecting to find an app or a plugin to be able to do that inside the unraid environment 😔🤷‍♂️.

For the restart part, i was told that it is a good thing to restart the server on a normal basis. Was I being misinformed?

5 minutes ago, MisterB said:

That's sad, i was so much expecting to find an app or a plugin to be able to do that inside the unraid environment 😔🤷‍♂️.

You can use RCON, at least when the game server supports it and write custom scripts but I think that's not your goal here.

Sorry, I only provide the basic functionality, everything further is up to the user. The container of course all support modding and so on but I can't support that because I can't know every mod and even if I play some of the games, I can't know how to mod every game.

If you find something to monitor your game server let me know, I don't had the need to monitor my game servers closely because I only play with a few friends on them (if I have time to play games... :P ).

5 minutes ago, MisterB said:

For the restart part, i was told that it is a good thing to restart the server on a normal basis. Was I being misinformed?

Who did tell you to do so? Sure it maybe doesn't hurt but I know a few people with 117+ days of uptime on Unraid and even more...

I would recommend to restart the game server on a daily basis with the command provided above since they pull updates on every start/restart from the dedicated server itself through SteamCMD.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, hofq said:

How can i connect to the Terminal of a SteamCMD Server?I never needed that before but i need it to configure the Gmod Server

I don't use this, but usually you can get to the command line inside any of your containers by clicking on its icon and selecting >_ Console

• Like 1

It's probably been answered before, but my Search Fu isn't working so well. Apologies if it's been answered. If I were to install Ich's basic Minecraft server right now, it would install 1.19.3 if I changed nothing. How does one get it to install 1.19.2?

Would I just grab an old server.jar file from somewhere else and just replace the current one?

Edited by FreddyGSanford