[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

7 hours ago, SadgePanda said:

every time I restart the container after uploading the new file, the ProjectZomboid64.json reverts back to saying, "-Xmx8g", on line 27. There it removes the "-Xms##", line entirely as well.

Did you stop the container in the first palce and then edit the file or did you leave it runnig, edit the files and restart the container?

ProjectZomboid doesn‘t like it when you leave it running while editing the files…

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Did you stop the container in the first palce and then edit the file or did you leave it runnig, edit the files and restart the container?

ProjectZomboid doesn‘t like it when you leave it running while editing the files…

That I did, every time I would stop the container. Wait till it was fully brought down. Then go mess with the files.

Would edit the file, then double check it was in the right spot, then double check that it still had the edits in it, and then start the container. Once I started the container and went back to look at the file, line 27 in the ProjectZomboid64.json would have reverted from whatever I entered to "-Xmx8g",

19 minutes ago, SadgePanda said:

Would edit the file, then double check it was in the right spot, then double check that it still had the edits in it, and then start the container. Once I started the container and went back to look at the file, line 27 in the ProjectZomboid64.json would have reverted from whatever I entered to "-Xmx8g",

I can't reproduce this on my machine, everything is working just fine and even the log mentions that I've added -Xms4g and edited Xmx to -Xmx10g:

pzexe: vmArg (json) 1: -Djava.awt.headless=true
pzexe: vmArg (json) 2: -Xms4g
pzexe: vmArg (json) 3: -Xmx10g
pzexe: vmArg (json) 4: -Dzomboid.steam=1
pzexe: vmArg (json) 5: -Dzomboid.znetlog=1
pzexe: vmArg (json) 6: -Djava.library.path=linux64/:natives/
pzexe: vmArg (json) 7: -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom
pzexe: vmArg (json) 8: -XX:+UseZGC
pzexe: vmArg (json) 9: -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow
pzexe: using jvm "/serverdata/serverfiles/jre64/lib/server/libjvm.so"

Let me guess, you have validation enabled in the template correct? If yes please turn it off...

If you don't have validation enabled please post a screenshot from your template.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I can't reproduce this on my machine, everything is working just fine and even the log mentions that I've added -Xms4g and edited Xmx to -Xmx10g:

pzexe: vmArg (json) 1: -Djava.awt.headless=true
pzexe: vmArg (json) 2: -Xms4g
pzexe: vmArg (json) 3: -Xmx10g
pzexe: vmArg (json) 4: -Dzomboid.steam=1
pzexe: vmArg (json) 5: -Dzomboid.znetlog=1
pzexe: vmArg (json) 6: -Djava.library.path=linux64/:natives/
pzexe: vmArg (json) 7: -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom
pzexe: vmArg (json) 8: -XX:+UseZGC
pzexe: vmArg (json) 9: -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow
pzexe: using jvm "/serverdata/serverfiles/jre64/lib/server/libjvm.so"

Let me guess, you have validation enabled in the template correct? If yes please turn it off...

If you don't have validation enabled please post a screenshot from your template.

Absolute genius! I knew it would be something simple that I didnt check.

Turned off validation and reapplied the template, the changes stuck in the .json and when I logged into the server the new values are reflected in the server statistics on the admin panel.

RAM LYFE.jpg

21 minutes ago, WaveAmbassador said:

Hi! this seems like a dumb question but how do i stop the valheim server so i can install mods?

i assume i can just wget github for the mod files

Just stop the container. I use the app from thunderstore.io to get the mods & copy/paste the ones that are server required into the valeheim>bepinex>plugins and the respective config files into the config directory.

• Like 1

Hey @ich777 There is some lowlevel updates to how docker containers for Counter Strike Global Offensive are built, and I have  found some information from Valve about this. It may be relevant for your CSGO image, as well as maybe some other Valve game images.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/10szs27/additional_details_for_linux_community_server/

https://gitlab.steamos.cloud/steamrt/sniper/platform/-/tree/steamrt/sniper

I am still able to run my dedicated server using your image (had to update sourcemod though) but I wonder if there's compatibility concerns for the future.

47 minutes ago, cybersteel8 said:

I am still able to run my dedicated server using your image (had to update sourcemod though) but I wonder if there's compatibility concerns for the future.

Thank you for the heads up but there should be no issue because the images are already based on Debian 11 so there should be no incompatibility issue.

• Like 1

Hello! I am back lol

Now I am curious about your Ark: Survival Evolved container...

I have it installed and it shows that it's running just fine. However, I cannot get it to show up in the server browser.

As I'm looking through the GameUserSettings file, it doesnt seem to have a"listen" port listed, only the RCON Port.

So I added in the the port under the the ServerSettings portion of the file on line 27 as, "listen=30015" which is the port I assigned and forwarded.

Is this where I'm supposed to add it so that it shows up in browser..? Or what? Thanks in advance!

Hi @ich777 - 

I hate to bug you but I've been banging my head against the wall for a few days on this. I've been working on trying to get your vrising docker (and a couple others actually) working.

The issue I'm having is that after WINE starts the server executable - I keep getting this "unable to initialize steam GameServer" error - and this leads to a crash at the end (see below snippet).  I first wanted to verify that it was still working of other people as there was an update recently (I've never used this before as I'm new to vrising).  It seems to me like some sort of library or DLL issue when the executable tries to talk to steam - but i'm not super well versed in wine.  Any thoughts?

UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
ProjectM.SettingsManager:VerifyServerSettings()
ProjectM.SettingsManager:get_ServerHostSettings()
ProjectM.Auth.SteamPlatformSystem:OnCreate()
Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemBase:CreateInstance(World, SystemState*)
Unity.Entities.World:AddSystem_OnCreate_Internal(ComponentSystemBase)
Unity.Entities.World:GetOrCreateSystemsAndLogException(IEnumerable`1, Int32)
ProjectM.CustomWorldSpawning:AddSystemsToWorld(World, WorldType, Type[], Type, Type, Type, CustomWorld)
ProjectM.Bootstrap:Unity.Entities.ICustomBootstrap.Initialize(String)
Unity.Entities.DefaultWorldInitialization:Initialize(String, Boolean)
Unity.Entities.AutomaticWorldBootstrap:Initialize()

SteamPlatformSystem - Unable to Initialize Steam GameServer!
0x000000018050f71c ((<unknown>))
0x0000000180514843 ((<unknown>))
0x00000001804fdaed ((<unknown>))
0x0000000180ee63a9 ((<unknown>))
0x000000018098aaf4 ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e89aaa0ca ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e89554066 ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e873a00a7 ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e8739a52d ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e88882239 ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e8881e4f2 ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e8881f19c ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e880a1723 ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e8820a27e ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e8888a391 ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e88f8449b ((<unknown>))
0x00007f8e85d7cf7c ((<unknown>))

8 hours ago, Saiba Samurai said:

Sons of the Forest

I think the game isn‘t released yet or am I wrong?

AFAIK the developers plan to release a dedicated server but I have to buy the game first and look into how things are working an also if they release a native Linux dedicated server version.

• Like 1

As I'm looking through the GameUserSettings file, it doesnt seem to have a"listen" port listed, only the RCON Port.

Because the container uses the basic listen and RCON port as it is specified in the template.

So I added in the the port under the the ServerSettings portion of the file on line 27 as, "listen=30015" which is the port I assigned and forwarded.

You should be able to do it like that but I would rather recommend doing it in the template like:

grafik.thumb.png.7c385023b9ca84c6a48a7900f2045a63.png

But please keep in mind that you have to delete the old port forwarding in the template and create new ones with the appropriate ports set with container and host port to the same as you've specified.

Is this where I'm supposed to add it so that it shows up in browser..? Or what? Thanks in advance!

Ark is a really convoluted game in terms of the in game server list, I would recommend that you first try to add it in the Steam Server Browser in your Favorites and see if it shows up properly.

58 minutes ago, Semag said:

Sorry , i'm actually running the docker inside a CentOS VM. I didn't think that would make a huge difference as the docker is an independent container right?

Not really, is your Distribution up to date?

I've got some issues in the past with users who where using older version from Unraid because there where some libraries form the host out of date.

Anyways here is a log from a successful start from the container (looks a bit convoluted but it's up and running) : vrising.log

grafik.thumb.png.cbe4ff01ced22b48c3e3057e2b78acb5.png

Hi! I've got a question regarding the Project Zomboid container. What's the param for Max_mem? Or what is it currently set to? Or it uses automaticly uses the maximum of your current servers mem? :) And thanks a lot!

Edited by Ryssk
8 minutes ago, Ryssk said:

Hi! I've got a question regarding the Project Zomboid container. What's the param for Max_mem? Or what is it currently set to? Or it uses automaticly uses the maximum of your current servers mem? :) And thanks a lot!

A user had last week a similar question, please read my answer here:

Hello, so I am to understand that Rust has changed networking settings with the latest industrial update that requires additional ports to be opened. Now my docker wont show up inside the server name list. I set up the windows version of the server and it showed up immediately. Is there an update that needs to be done with docker version? here is a link talking about the changes. 

https://www.corrosionhour.com/rust-multithreaded-networking-change/