[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Not really, is your Distribution up to date?

I've got some issues in the past with users who where using older version from Unraid because there where some libraries form the host out of date.

Anyways here is a log from a successful start from the container (looks a bit convoluted but it's up and running) : vrising.log

grafik.thumb.png.cbe4ff01ced22b48c3e3057e2b78acb5.png

@ich777 appreciate the thought and help. You’re right my distro wasn’t up to date, I had a bunch of yum updates to do, but now yum update is clean and I still have the same error, weird. I wonder what portion of the host system it is relying on, I’m really thinking it must be something to do with wine, Since steamCMD works inside the docker - it just seems like wine can’t access the steam api for some reason.

7 hours ago, bmayne81 said:

Hello, so I am to understand that Rust has changed networking settings with the latest industrial update that requires additional ports to be opened.

Thank you for the report, I've pushed an update to the container itself so that it supports the new ports too, please update the container first after that make sure that you have the following port mappings in your container:

grafik.thumb.png.df02dd10a06570975665ead49e6e2570.png

Protocol   HOST Port         CONTAINER Port
UDP        28015     <->     28015
UDP        28016     <->     28016
TCP        28017     <->     28017
TCP        28018     <->     28018

I've also update the template now too, but existing installations have to create the port mappings on their own.

4 hours ago, Semag said:

I wonder what portion of the host system it is relying on

Most of the times something with glibc and the compiler in general prevents the containers from running.

Are you also sure that you've put in the correct UID and GID? Have you yet tried another container which not uses WINE? Something like CS:Source?

4 hours ago, Semag said:

it just seems like wine can’t access the steam api for some reason.

Can you give me the error message about that please, maybe post the full log so that I can see what's working and what is not working.

docker container logs CONTAINERNAME > /path/to/output/vrising.log

Will give you the full container log and write it to the file, of course change CONTAINERNAME to the exact container name from V-Rising (case-sensitive).

hi guys, I'm super new to all this and i have been trying for days but the form just jump around so much that i have no idea anymore, i I finally got the 7 days to die docker to work  But something's not right my ping does not show up or description so I must have done something wrong.  I am also trying to launch satisfactory and I am just having so much trouble with the steam CMD for some reason steam just will not connect please help I beg of you I have no idea what I'm doing and I need some guidance.
I jumped from form to form and added my credentials and  And removed steam guard and then in the window I typed in the code but yet steam still gives me this error message when I try to log on

Satisfactory Screenshot 2023.02.05 - 17.16.38.70.png

Desktop Screenshot 2023.02.05 - 18.06.04.04.png

7 hours ago, CoDizzle said:

I'm super new to all this and i have been trying for days but the form just jump around so much that i have no idea anymore

Form? You mean the Docker template correct? I would maybe recommend that you start over by deleting the container, deleting the folder for the container that was created in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

i I finally got the 7 days to die docker to work  But something's not right my ping does not show up or description so I must have done something wrong

Please head over to @Spectral Force's Discord for help with 7DtD, he helps me out with that: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

I am just having so much trouble with the steam CMD for some reason steam just will not connect

Do you have any Ad-Blocking software or something similar on your network?

and added my credentials

Don't add your Steam Credentials, they are hidden for a reason in the template, the credentials are only needed if they are marked with a red asterisk (*).

Please post screenshots from your Docker template.

On 2/5/2023 at 3:40 PM, ich777 said:

Thank you for the report, I've pushed an update to the container itself so that it supports the new ports too, please update the container first after that make sure that you have the following port mappings in your container:

grafik.thumb.png.df02dd10a06570975665ead49e6e2570.png

Protocol   HOST Port         CONTAINER Port
UDP        28015     <->     28015
UDP        28016     <->     28016
TCP        28017     <->     28017
TCP        28018     <->     28018

I've also update the template now too, but existing installations have to create the port mappings on their own.

Thank you for updating this. I'm still having this issue with the server not showing up in the list though. Here's the error I'm getting right as the server finishes booting up. Does this mean anything to you? 

console.png

37 minutes ago, bmayne81 said:

Thank you for updating this. I'm still having this issue with the server not showing up in the list though. Here's the error I'm getting right as the server finishes booting up. Does this mean anything to you? 

Yes when that pops up in my commands list it basically just as failed to connect to API The issue I'm having is I'm not connecting correctly to steam through anything I've just taken everyone's advice and deleted all the containers and all the data out of app data but still same results

20 hours ago, ich777 said:

Form? You mean the Docker template correct? I would maybe recommend that you start over by deleting the container, deleting the folder for the container that was created in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

Please head over to @Spectral Force's Discord for help with 7DtD, he helps me out with that: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

Do you have any Ad-Blocking software or something similar on your network?

Don't add your Steam Credentials, they are hidden for a reason in the template, the credentials are only needed if they are marked with a red asterisk (*).

Please post screenshots from your Docker template.

I really want to thank all you guys for helping I am really new to this and I literally just got my server and I'm trying to learn all of this.  It appears that the issue that I'm having is that I cannot connect with steam so I took everybody's advice and I deleted all the containers and all the data out of app data including the steam CMD and reinstalled everything and left it blank I'm still having the issue where it will not connect to the steam API

On 2/5/2023 at 1:44 PM, ich777 said:

Most of the times something with glibc and the compiler in general prevents the containers from running.

Are you also sure that you've put in the correct UID and GID? Have you yet tried another container which not uses WINE? Something like CS:Source?

Can you give me the error message about that please, maybe post the full log so that I can see what's working and what is not working.

docker container logs CONTAINERNAME > /path/to/output/vrising.log

Will give you the full container log and write it to the file, of course change CONTAINERNAME to the exact container name from V-Rising (case-sensitive).

@ich777 thanks again for your help buddy. I'll attach the VRisingServer.log here - if nothing jumps out at you, i might just try to install wine on the host operating system and run it there outside of a docker

Log attached.

vrisingLog.txt

3 hours ago, bmayne81 said:

I'm still having this issue with the server not showing up in the list though.

In which list? The in game server list? Have you yet tried to add it to the Steam Server Browser as a Favorite (in Steam View -> Server Browser -> Favorites -> Add) with your LAN IP?

I haven't played RUST in a long time but I will try it today evening and report back if the new ports are working.

3 hours ago, bmayne81 said:

Here's the error I'm getting right as the server finishes booting up.

Nothing to worry about, this is just a warning and as you can see, the first line says that it found steamclient.so, after that it fails because it tried it too quick and at the end it says that it is initialized.

This is a common message and almost every game server displays it in this exact order when starting it, even on bare metal.

3 hours ago, CoDizzle said:

Yes when that pops up in my commands list it basically just as failed to connect to API The issue I'm having is I'm not connecting correctly to steam through anything

Please don't tell people wrong things, if you read the messages again you would know that it initializes just fine:

1. It found steamclient.so (which is needed for the API)
  2. It failed because it tried to quick to access the API
  3. And the last line says that it initialized successful

So to speak it is working, again please don't tell people wrong things, this messages appear on almost every game server, not only in my containers also on bare metal.

3 hours ago, CoDizzle said:

I'm still having the issue where it will not connect to the steam API

Do you have a log? The API is simply not the cause of the issue in your case, have you yet tried to add the server in the Steam Server Browser (in Steam View -> Server Browser -> Favorites -> Add) with your LAN IP.

I would first recommend getting it to work in your local network and after that you can try to reach it from outside and see it in the server list.

37 minutes ago, Semag said:

Log attached.

Thank you, from what I see it could be possible that the version from WINE (Debian based) which I use in the container is not compatible with CentOS, but that is just a vague guess...

I think you are using some recent hardware and nothing too old?

If you have a spare USB Flash Device lying around and maybe a old hard drive (or a external hard drive) are you willing to try Unraid?

You basically install Unraid on the USB Flash device, boot it from the USB Flash Device, register a trail key (30 days + 2x 15 days extension), assign that one specific drive to Unraid, start the Array, format the one drive (everything else will be untouched on your existing system), go to the CA tab, search for V-Rising and install it?

(Sorry but this should not sound like a sales pitch, I'm only really curious... :D )

31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Thank you, from what I see it could be possible that the version from WINE (Debian based) which I use in the container is not compatible with CentOS, but that is just a vague guess...

I think you are using some recent hardware and nothing too old?

If you have a spare USB Flash Device lying around and maybe a old hard drive (or a external hard drive) are you willing to try Unraid?

You basically install Unraid on the USB Flash device, boot it from the USB Flash Device, register a trail key (30 days + 2x 15 days extension), assign that one specific drive to Unraid, start the Array, format the one drive (everything else will be untouched on your existing system), go to the CA tab, search for V-Rising and install it?

(Sorry but this should not sound like a sales pitch, I'm only really curious... :D )

HAhaha I hear you on the curious part - but that's a lot of stuff to re-set up and this server is used for a bunch of other stuff at home!

So this system is actually running on Xigmanas (FreeBSD) and then the CENTOS VM is running on virtualbox on top of that. It's a XEON X3450 on a supermicro board that's probably a decade old.  I have a HomeAssistant VM running as well, and the CentOS VM has run standalone valheim and satisfactory servers in the past (it gets a little slow if i try to run all of that at the same time).  From a Docker perspective, I have it running a deepstack docker container as well that runs person detection on images captured from my wyze cams.  

I really appreciate the help, I think i'll try to grab wine from yum and follow a guide to try to run it in the OS, instead of inside the container.

16 minutes ago, Semag said:

I really appreciate the help, I think i'll try to grab wine from yum and follow a guide to try to run it in the OS, instead of inside the container.

You can also go through my start script from the container what it does and port it over to your installation and it should hopefully start and run just fine.

17 minutes ago, Semag said:

HAhaha I hear you on the curious part

Completely understood. :)

I used to also run everything in a VM, but now I have only two, one for compiling plugins for VM when a new Unraid version drops and one for testing that is basically never running.

Currently there are 28 Docker containers (without game servers) and 3 LXC containers running to keep everything up and at my home... :)

Please also let me know if it is working with a native installation.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

In which list? The in game server list? Have you yet tried to add it to the Steam Server Browser as a Favorite (in Steam View -> Server Browser -> Favorites -> Add) with your LAN IP?

I haven't played RUST in a long time but I will try it today evening and report back if the new ports are working.

Nothing to worry about, this is just a warning and as you can see, the first line says that it found steamclient.so, after that it fails because it tried it too quick and at the end it says that it is initialized.

This is a common message and almost every game server displays it in this exact order when starting it, even on bare metal.

Thank you again for your help.  You can disregard my statement about it not showing up. It must have showed up some time later because new people have been joining my server, so they would not have had my server in their favorites.

• Like 1
On 2/5/2023 at 2:19 AM, ich777 said:

Because the container uses the basic listen and RCON port as it is specified in the template.

You should be able to do it like that but I would rather recommend doing it in the template like:

grafik.thumb.png.7c385023b9ca84c6a48a7900f2045a63.png

But please keep in mind that you have to delete the old port forwarding in the template and create new ones with the appropriate ports set with container and host port to the same as you've specified.

Ark is a really convoluted game in terms of the in game server list, I would recommend that you first try to add it in the Steam Server Browser in your Favorites and see if it shows up properly.

I completely deleted all the saved files in the ark-se directory on my server to get a fresh start.

Then went back to the Docker template and filled out the GAME_PARAMS section like your screenshot shows and restarted the container. I also added a unique name and server password on the template as well.

Let it run and run, fully loading everything. And about 45mins later, just sat and waited on the Ark server browser (with unofficial and password protected selected) and it did not show up.

Is there something I missed? Or am doing wrong from the start?

2 minutes ago, MisterB said:

Hello, same question about the Valheim docker. I cannot access my server from the game as it mention "incompatible version". Is it me who needs to do something to the server? 🤔

Thanks in advance ✌️

Valheim had an update yesterday, restart the container. if you are running mods, they may need updating.

• Like 1