[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

9 hours ago, Turb0x3r said:

Do you know when Valheim docker will be released and updated? I believe right now it's two updates behind. 

Please read the description from the container, the container is self maintaining and checks for updates on every start/restart.

35 minutes ago, MisterB said:

I did disabled both and did restarted the container and still get the "incompatible version" when connecting 🤷‍♂️

Please set validation in the template to 'true' (without quotes), let the container fully start and after that set it to 'false' or nothing in the template.

Do you have any AdBlocking software or something like Unbound on your network? If yes, please restart them and after that set the validation to true.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please set validation in the template to 'true' (without quotes), let the container fully start and after that set it to 'false' or nothing in the template.

Do you have any AdBlocking software or something like Unbound on your network? If yes, please restart them and after that set the validation to true.

Tried that and still says "incompatible version". I have no adblock also... V+ is removed on server and client (my pc) and still mention it 😔🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, MisterB said:

Tried that and still says "incompatible version". I have no adblock also... V+ is removed on server and client (my pc) and still mention it 😔🤷‍♂️

I tried it now over here and it is working without a hitch, please note that I'm not using Valheim+

How long do you run the server? Is this a new installation?

1 hour ago, MisterB said:

It was running fine for more than a month now. Problems started with the new patch 🤷‍♂️.

What patch, that was released just now?

1 hour ago, MisterB said:

Else than that i do not know what to say...

Maybe try to restart the container a few times in the next few hours and see if it picks up a update.

Can you please post the Docker log from the container?

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please read the description from the container, the container is self maintaining and checks for updates on every start/restart.

I just restarted my server and tried to pull the update and it didn't pull. I also tried the other suggestion of validation in the template from true to false then restarted the container than back to true and restarted. It's not pulling an update.  I don't have anything else on my network such as adblocking. All other docker containers are able to pull updates just fine but not Valheim.

Here is the log

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 2 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1675223179
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK

Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK

---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

13 minutes ago, Turb0x3r said:

This is really strange, I really can't tell what's going on on your system...

You should see something like this:

---Update Server---
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
Loading Steam API...OK

Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
 Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 26.89 (130149427 / 483958864)
 Update state (0x81) verifying update, progress: 43.52 (210629021 / 483958864)
Success! App '896660' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---

(this is actually my old Valheim server that I haven't updated yet)

After the update I've connected to it and it seems to work fine.

Can you post a screenshot from the template? Is the Data Path set to /mnt/cache/...?

If yes, do you have a cache drive installed in your server? If yes to what is the appdata share set in terms of Use Cache in the Share settings? Yes, No, Prefer or Only?

21 minutes ago, Turb0x3r said:

Should I add that in there?

No, it has a reason why it‘s not shown by default.

Please try to pull another copy from the template from CA, change the name and the path to the game files and see if you can connect to that instance afterwards, of course you have to stop the current container before doing that.

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, it has a reason why it‘s not shown by default.

Please try to pull another copy from the template from CA, change the name and the path to the game files and see if you can connect to that instance afterwards, of course you have to stop the current container before doing that.

It won't mess up the existing game? I have others on there and alot of hours being put on Valheim. Last time there was a major update the entire world was lost and i was unable to recover it. 

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

What patch, that was released just now?

Maybe try to restart the container a few times in the next few hours and see if it picks up a update.

Can you please post the Docker log from the container?

Here's what i get as LOG after restarting the container:

/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: line 39:    33 Segmentation fault      $DEBUGGER "$STEAMEXE" "$@"
/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: line 39:    39 Segmentation fault      $DEBUGGER "$STEAMEXE" "$@"
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

Attempting to get a Core Keeper server running but it isn't starting. The server log shows this and no game ID seems to be created.

Preloaded 'lib_burst_generated.so'
Preloaded 'libsteam_api.so'
Unable to preload the following plugins:
    libsentry.so
Display 0 '0': 1x1 (primary device).
Loading player data from /serverdata/serverfiles/CoreKeeperServer_Data/data.unity3d
Unable to load player prefs
Desktop is 1 x 1 @ 0 Hz

14 hours ago, Turb0x3r said:

It won't mess up the existing game?

If you do it like I've mentioned above (edit the name from the container and the Data Dir), it won't mess up the existing container.

To save your world, you can also backup the "Backup" and/or the ".config" directory which lives in your main folder for Valheim in your appdata directory.

13 hours ago, MisterB said:

Here's what i get as LOG after restarting the container:

On what Unraid version are you?

I can't reproduce your issues here, I've now connected to my Valheim+ container (it is also working with the new patch version) and to my default Valheim container (without Valheim+).

4 minutes ago, MisterB said:

Please do the following I've recommended here and see if the new instance is working:

This won't mess up your existing container as long as you change the Container name and Data Dir path where the game files are, of course as said, you have to stop the not working container first.

On 2/6/2023 at 11:53 PM, ich777 said:

You can also go through my start script from the container what it does and port it over to your installation and it should hopefully start and run just fine.

Completely understood. :)

I used to also run everything in a VM, but now I have only two, one for compiling plugins for VM when a new Unraid version drops and one for testing that is basically never running.

Currently there are 28 Docker containers (without game servers) and 3 LXC containers running to keep everything up and at my home... :)

Please also let me know if it is working with a native installation.

Hey @ich777  I'm back from a couple days ago and wanted to commend you for being such a saint and responding to everyone all the time ;)

I know you were curious, so turns out, the native installation on CentOS with Wine ended up with the same exact issue.  I ended up upgrading the Xigmanas (main FreeBSD Server that hosts the CentOS VM) and that made everything start working, both the native install AND your docker.   I guess technically the OS version and various packages in FreeBSD were a couple years old, so it really does go back to your original question "is your distribution up to date".

Thanks again for the help and i should have tried upgrading all the distros in the first place, my bad!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please do the following I've recommended here and see if the new instance is working:

This won't mess up your existing container as long as you change the Container name and Data Dir path where the game files are, of course as said, you have to stop the not working container first.

It didn't worked... i simply kept a copy of my maps, deleted everything and started everything over... It's working now. Thanks for the help :)

• Like 1

I've got something weird. All my server doesn'T show anymore in any game list except those that list lan. Nothing changed for the past months. I tried rebooting server, firewall, redoing port forwarding, nothing. Same problem on Valheim, Ark, conan Exiled, V Rising.... Really weird.

I did try to setup steam-healess the last week, but it had it's own folder to not touch steamcmd or any other folder. I also played a bit with debian in docker but still shouldn't affect the other docker. Currently on 6.11.5

edit: I found out that when they are trying to start steamcmd, they get this error:

0%] Checking for available update...
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '<!DOCTYPE') in file manifest [offset: 15]

../tier1/KeyValues.cpp (2925) : Assertion Failed: Error while parsing text KeyValues for resource manifest
[  0%] Downloading Update...
[  0%] Checking for available update...
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '<!DOCTYPE') in file manifest [offset: 15]

../tier1/KeyValues.cpp (2925) : Assertion Failed: Error while parsing text KeyValues for resource manifest
[----] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update.   Please confirm your network connection and try again.
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work complete queue not empty, 1 items discarded.
threadtools.cpp (3294) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'Thread(0x0x56a82320/0x0x2a185b'

I tried to ping google from the container and it worked

Edited by Nodiaque