[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

45 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

It does not show in the internet section, custom games, or lan ( for obvious reasons, because I'm no longer on my LAN network) So If I don't use the connect command in the console followed by my ip address I cant connect to the server.

This is really strange, have you added the parameter from above?

I can also be the case that some filter is set incorrectly or something like that.

Usually it will take a few minutes so that the server will show up in the server list.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Seems like Playfab is having issues again, this would not be the first time that something wont work on their side.

If that is working, then it's definitely a issue on their side.

If you enable Playfab you are basically not connecting or better speaking not using the official server list because you connect first to Playfab wich "proxies" through the traffic to the official servers and if a user on a console tries to connect it contacts Playfab's "proxy" first and then establishes the connection.

Hope that makes some kind of sense to you...

I've not heard of much issues with Playfab (-crossplay) but it can cause random disconnects and other weird things to happen like in your case and I really can't do much about it...

The container definitely works with -crossplay because I've tested it and updated the container about half a year ago to be fully compatible.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.  The timing was unfortunate cause I had literally just spun up the server the day before and had cross play working so I figured I did something on my side. 

thanks again for creating these docker apps!  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Twinkie0101 said:

@ich777Send me your Steam ID, I'll hook you up with Sons of the Forest! It's the least I can do for all these game servers you churn out and I use!

Too late... already bought it because I had so many requests, however if you want to donate, in the first post there is a button for it. ;)

• Thanks 1
On 2/26/2023 at 11:47 AM, ich777 said:

This is really strange, have you added the parameter from above?

I can also be the case that some filter is set incorrectly or something like that.

Usually it will take a few minutes so that the server will show up in the server list.

I tired the +sv_setsteamaccount on the game_params section and still its a no go... 

I tried the following things:

1. Deleted steamcmd and the L4D2 folder deleted the the image reinstalled, still a no go....

2. Changed the server.cfg file still a no go...

3. Deleted the server.cfg file still a no go....

4. Started a co-op game from the main menu waited till people joined, changed the server type to "steam dedicated group server"... Game would load eventually, but kick out all other players that was in my lobby... So once again when the game starts once again I'm on my own....

5. i have the port 27015 upd set on my router

I'm stumped, cant figure it out for the life of me.

And once again the server shows but nobody else can see it.... @ich777

20230227215746_1.jpg

20230227215750_1.jpg

20230227215754_1.jpg

20230227215814_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

where are you typing this info in at to find the game? the custom tab, within the server browser menu? within the L4D2 game? 

At the custom tab and then hit refresh but you have to wait very, very, very long since L4D2 isn't intended to play or at least to connect to a server that way because you usually don't have the server browser by default there (you have to do the workaround with the console right?).

You usually give your domain name like "mycoolserver.net:27015" to your friends and they'll add it and then you can start play and random players can connect to it if you are lucky.

EDIT: I have now shut down the server because random people started connecting... :D

33 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I've edited the message above, I've now shut down the server because people started connecting to it (at least two)...

Have you even read what I wrote above? The game isn't intended to be connected to a server like that...

Yes I read your post above, I guess I'm confused on how this all works....

Am I to just connect to my server via IP address and wait for people to eventually find it and join? 

Because I can't find my game. ( outside of the screenshots i provided ) and Via the game name u provided, and I don't know how to let random people access it either.

and how are you able to shut down the server i thought i was the only one that can do that? Lol. Since it's on my own personal unraid server.@ich777

Edited by Mrtj18
19 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

Yes I read your post above, I guess I'm confused on how this all works....

This is only true for L4D2…

Usually you have a Server Browser, for example try to set up a basic CS:Source server, this is working completely different.

19 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

and how are you able to shut down the server i thought i was the only one that can do that?

Sorry I meant I shut down my server.

As said above, by default you don‘t have a Server Browser in L4D2 and this is silply a „hack“ that you open it with the console…

28 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is only true for L4D2…

Usually you have a Server Browser, for example try to set up a basic CS:Source server, this is working completely different.

Sorry I meant I shut down my server.

As said above, by default you don‘t have a Server Browser in L4D2 and this is silply a „hack“ that you open it with the console…

Okay, so going forward am I to start a game connect via my IP address and just wait for people to join? Because if I create a versus lobby wait for people to join select my steam custom group server, people get kicked while the map is loading.

Or what is the step by step process I need to do, since the docker is set up correctly for random people to find me and join? @ich777

28 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

Or what is the step by step process I need to do, since the docker is set up correctly for random people to find me and join? @ich777

The container is set up properly…

I really don‘t play L4D2 much often but on random ocasions you will get people which will connect if their matchmaking settings match the ones from your server.

L4D2 has it‘s own matchmaking system and will assign you to a random match if you search for one and servers with players on them get choosen first.

28 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

Because if I create a versus lobby wait for people to join select my steam custom group server, people get kicked while the map is loading.

I really don‘t know what you mean here, are you talking about the dedicated server or if you create a match on your local computer?

I really can‘t help with that, back in the day when I was playing L4D2 with a friend of mine people joined and left randomly and everything was working as intended.

TBH you are the first one who is reporting this for L4D2 and I‘m also assuming that it still works for others because I know for sure that this container is well used…

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

The container is set up properly…

I really don‘t play L4D2 much often but on random ocasions you will get people which will connect if their matchmaking settings match the ones from your server.

L4D2 has it‘s own matchmaking system and will assign you to a random match if you search for one and servers with players on them get choosen first.

Ahhhh good point you are right 

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

TBH you are the first one who is reporting this for L4D2 and I‘m also assuming that it still works for others because I know for sure that this container is well used…

Yeah Im sure I am just doing something small wrong, or my understanding how the container works for this specific game is off.... Well I can just switch gears and possibly try a cs:go server or a fiveM..

Thank you For your help! 

• Thanks 1

I'm having issues getting a fresh Valheim server running, I keep getting the same error every time I restart the container.

I've tried deleting the valheim server files and the steamcmd files and downloading fresh, but no luck

Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1676336512
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.78 (10485760 / 1350315922)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 70.48 (951765757 / 1350315922)
Success! App '896660' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 5 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

1 hour ago, Trinda said:

I keep getting the same error every time I restart the container.

This is not strictly speaking a error this is more a warning., the last lines mean that the server is up and running.

Have you yet tried to connect to the server with your <localip>:<queryport>

Did you yet tried to add the server to your Steam Server Browser (in Steam -> View -> Servers -> Favorites -> Add Server)?

• Thanks 1
On 7/6/2022 at 1:02 PM, stevep94 said:

Hi, can anyone provide a bit of assistance in getting the 7 Days to Die docker running with the Undead Legacy overhaul mod on it?

I did a search and found a few posts from back in January saying to add a variable but when I try and join the server I am getting an error message saying "Cannot join server. Undead Legacy version mismatch between your client (2.5.82) and server (Unknown)"

I really don't understand what "BepInEx" is but I've tried to follow a few suggestions from various forums but bar from what appears to be a fluke when I was able to join the server, but it didn't give me the "tutorial" element (ie. no craft this, craft that and go to trader etc - it just plonked me in the game!?!) - I've not had any luck in joining the server!

Any pointers would be appreciated

Hey @stevep94 I'm having this same issue, just wondering if you found an answer here or on Discord?

Thanks

20 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is not strictly speaking a error this is more a warning., the last lines mean that the server is up and running.

Have you yet tried to connect to the server with your <localip>:<queryport>

Did you yet tried to add the server to your Steam Server Browser (in Steam -> View -> Servers -> Favorites -> Add Server)?

Ahh, I saw the word FAIL and thought it was a showstopper. I never actually checked, but it is indeed up and running! Thanks for your help

• Like 1