[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

5 minutes ago, DIgitalOSH said:

I think the server may be failing to start up when the -crossplay flag is enabled. How can I see the appropriate logs for that, to share?

Click on the container icon and select Logs.

5 minutes ago, DIgitalOSH said:

UDP and TCP.

Why? The template mentions that the game ports are UDP otherwise it would be indicated that they are both TCP and UDP.

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Click on the container icon and select Logs.

Attached. looks like something failed.

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Why? The template mentions that the game ports are UDP otherwise it would be indicated that they are both TCP and UDP.

Just in an attempt at troubleshooting. I will change it back to UDP only.

val3.jpg

45 minutes ago, DIgitalOSH said:

Attached. looks like something failed.

No, this is just the default startup message, it looks the same over here too.

The last line is only a warning and you see at the first line below the Start Server line that it initialized successfully.

28 minutes ago, DIgitalOSH said:

OK. The only strand left I can tug on here is that I can't connect to it with anything if the -crossplay argument is issued. What changes when that happens, and how do I investigate that further?

I would first try to remove the -crossplay option and look into if you can connect with your public IP.

I think there is something wrong with the port forwarding.

2 minutes ago, DIgitalOSH said:

Just tested this. People outside my network were able to connect. As far as I know there are no geoblocking rules.

I can only think of something that's preventing the Playfab server connecting to your server, because that's the only thing I can imagine going wrong.

Interestingly, I am having a similar problem to @DIgitalOSH

with -crossplay param removed steam users outside my network can access the server no issue (both IP and hostname resolution work). However when I enable -crossplay I see initial connection, then constant reconnects. 

03/20/2023 17:09:11: PlayFab logged in as "PlayFab_BroHeim_2456_REDACTED"
03/20/2023 17:09:11: PlayFab local entity ID is REDACTED
03/20/2023 17:09:11: New session server "BroHeim" that has join code , now 0 player(s)
03/20/2023 17:09:11: Register PlayFab server "BroHeim" with IP REDACTED:2456
03/20/2023 17:09:11: Server 'BroHeim' begin PlayFab create and join network for server 
03/20/2023 17:09:12: Zonesystem Start 6
03/20/2023 17:09:12: Added 3 locations, 0 vegetations, 0 environments, 0 biome env-setups, 0 clutter  from locations_cp1
03/20/2023 17:09:12: Added 1 locations, 0 vegetations, 1 environments, 0 biome env-setups, 0 clutter  from locations_mountaincaves
03/20/2023 17:09:12: Added 27 locations, 25 vegetations, 5 environments, 1 biome env-setups, 3 clutter  from locations_mistlands
03/20/2023 17:09:13: DungeonDB Start 6
03/20/2023 17:09:13: ZRpc timeout set to 30s 
03/20/2023 17:09:13: Load world: BroHeim (BroHeim)
03/20/2023 17:09:13: Loading 234764 zdos , my id 2191084301 data version:29
03/20/2023 17:09:14: Loaded 100000 dead zdos
03/20/2023 17:09:14: Removed 0 OLD generated ZDOS
03/20/2023 17:09:14: Loaded 9971 locations
03/20/2023 17:09:14: Unloading unused assets
Unloading 10 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
The shader Hidden/Dof/DepthOfFieldHdr (UnityEngine.Shader) on effect Main Camera (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.DepthOfField) is not supported on this platform!
The image effect Main Camera (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.DepthOfField) has been disabled as it's not supported on the current platform.
The shader Hidden/SunShaftsComposite (UnityEngine.Shader) on effect Main Camera (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.SunShafts) is not supported on this platform!
The shader Hidden/SimpleClear (UnityEngine.Shader) on effect Main Camera (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.SunShafts) is not supported on this platform!
The image effect Main Camera (UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.SunShafts) has been disabled as it's not supported on the current platform.

Unloading 10 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1660921.
Total: 526.829589 ms (FindLiveObjects: 85.792995 ms CreateObjectMapping: 23.223719 ms MarkObjects: 416.457445 ms  DeleteObjects: 1.354810 ms)

03/20/2023 17:09:28: Game server connected
03/20/2023 17:09:35: PlayFab reconnect server 'BroHeim'
03/20/2023 17:09:35: Server 'BroHeim' begin PlayFab create and join network for server 
03/20/2023 17:10:05: PlayFab reconnect server 'BroHeim'
03/20/2023 17:10:05: Server 'BroHeim' begin PlayFab create and join network for server 
<repeating>

6 hours ago, Biost0rm said:

However when I enable -crossplay I see initial connection, then constant reconnects. 

Do you have any GeoBlocks in place?

6 hours ago, Biost0rm said:

03/20/2023 17:09:28: Game server connected
03/20/2023 17:09:35: PlayFab reconnect server 'BroHeim'
03/20/2023 17:09:35: Server 'BroHeim' begin PlayFab create and join network for server 
03/20/2023 17:10:05: PlayFab reconnect server 'BroHeim'
03/20/2023 17:10:05: Server 'BroHeim' begin PlayFab create and join network for server 

These messages are a bit strange since it says that it's connected but a few seconds afterwards the connection is lost and it tries to reconnect which never seems to work.

@DIgitalOSH & @Biost0rm: have both of you yet tried to use another container? It seems rather strange that it is working fine for me (and you can also connect through your Xbox) but not for you. I can only think of an issue that the PlayFab server can't connect to your server?

Have you done some NAT port mapping where the ports are different than 2456-2458 on your WAN (please keep in mind that the ports have to be the same on the WAN too)?

20 hours ago, ich777 said:

Do you have any GeoBlocks in place?

These messages are a bit strange since it says that it's connected but a few seconds afterwards the connection is lost and it tries to reconnect which never seems to work.

@DIgitalOSH & @Biost0rm: have both of you yet tried to use another container? It seems rather strange that it is working fine for me (and you can also connect through your Xbox) but not for you. I can only think of an issue that the PlayFab server can't connect to your server?

Have you done some NAT port mapping where the ports are different than 2456-2458 on your WAN (please keep in mind that the ports have to be the same on the WAN too)?

No geo blocking in place. Port mapping at my router is 1:1 mapping with open ports on the container as well (confirmed via external portscan of public IP). 

The oddest thing here is that removing -crossplay works entirely fine for steam users outside my network and for users inside my network. 

I even deleted the entire container last night and re-created it, same issue is happening. 

Switched game port to new port (2457) and same issue. 

3 hours ago, Biost0rm said:

Switched game port to new port (2457) and same issue. 

I can create a game server for you and you can look if you can connect.

My suspicion is that your ISP or something else is blocking inbound traffic from PlayFab.

I really don't have much other guesses, I even now tried it with a buddy playing on a Xbox and me playing on my PC without a problem.

19 hours ago, ich777 said:

I can create a game server for you and you can look if you can connect.

My suspicion is that your ISP or something else is blocking inbound traffic from PlayFab.

I really don't have much other guesses, I even now tried it with a buddy playing on a Xbox and me playing on my PC without a problem.

Thanks for the offer.

I did a bit more troubleshooting and discovered this likely was NAT in the end. What I discovered is if I move the valheim docker off my custom docker network to use host networking (or custom docker that shares the host IP range) that PlayFab was able to stay connected. 

Edited by Biost0rm
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Biost0rm said:

What I discovered is if I move the valheim docker off my custom docker network to use host networking (or custom docker that shares the host IP range) that PlayFab was able to stay connected.

This is really strange, I don't have to change anything and the container is running just fine in bridge mode.

Anyways, I don't know your network topology but I'm glad to hear that it's now solved and working for you.

Quick question I couldn't find via search, for the Ark Survival Evolved server do I need to forward all four of the ports? Defaulted to 7777, 7778, 27015, 27020? 

I am stuck at this section here in the log:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

And I'm not seeing the server in the list.

2 hours ago, Viperean said:

I am stuck at this section here in the log:

The server is running fine if you see this line:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

Have you yet tried to query it in the Steam Server Browser (View -> Servers -> Server Browser -> Favorites -> Add Server -> Enter the IP:27015 -> Add -> Refresh -> Refresh).

2 hours ago, Viperean said:

do I need to forward all four of the ports? Defaulted to 7777, 7778, 27015, 27020?

Yes, with the appropriate protocol.

You usually don't need to forward the RCON port and I also engurage you to not do it (RCON is completely unencrypted).

I'm having trouble connecting to the Satisfactory server that I have running. I can get the server to show up in Server Manager of the game, but whenever I try to connect I get this error. I've searched high and low but haven't found a solution that works.

I did add these two lines to the Engine.ini file based on feedback I found in other forums but still no luck...any ideas or anyone else have the same issue they were able to resolve?

InitialConnectTimeout=180.0
ConnectionTimeout=120.0

Screenshot 2023-03-24 090540.jpg

2 hours ago, pokmiuhy said:

I did add these two lines to the Engine.ini file based on feedback I found in other forums but still no luck...any ideas or anyone else have the same issue they were able to resolve?

Are you trying to connect with your public IP or your local IP?

Are you sure the correct ports with the appropriate protocol are forwarded in your Firewall?

Have you yet tried if you can connect with your local IP?

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you trying to connect with your public IP or your local IP?

Are you sure the correct ports with the appropriate protocol are forwarded in your Firewall?

Have you yet tried if you can connect with your local IP?

I'm trying to access via public IP. The ports I found to forward I set up below. I just tried to access via local IP and no issue. Could it be a speed issue?

Untitled.png

2 minutes ago, pokmiuhy said:

The ports I found to forward I set up below

Why do you forward that many ports?

That is definitely wrong...

The only ports which need to be forwarded are the ones listed in the container template:

7777/UDP

15777/UDP

15000/UDP

You don't need any other ports.

I assume you are trying to connect to your public IP from you LAN correct? If yes, I had people where the hair pin NAT doesn't work correctly and therefore they weren't able to connect through the public IP from their LAN but from outside their LAN it was working fine.

It could also be a issue with your ISP that it blocks some ports <- some provider are doing that but this is a really rare case.

5 minutes ago, pokmiuhy said:

I'm trying to access via public IP. The ports I found to forward I set up below. I just tried to access via local IP and no issue. Could it be a speed issue?

Untitled.png

I've been so focused on public connection that I didn't try to connect via my local IP (thanks for the suggestion!). Seems like doing that and having it save is now letting me connect via public IP. Must be something with my connection speed and the size of the initial save....that's all I can figure.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Why do you forward that many ports?

That is definitely wrong...

The only ports which need to be forwarded are the ones listed in the container template:

7777/UDP

15777/UDP

15000/UDP

You don't need any other ports.

I assume you are trying to connect to your public IP from you LAN correct? If yes, I had people where the hair pin NAT doesn't work correctly and therefore they weren't able to connect through the public IP from their LAN but from outside their LAN it was working fine.

It could also be a issue with your ISP that it blocks some ports <- some provider are doing that but this is a really rare case.

I had found those on some other forums to forward. I'll adjust them though..rather have the absolute minimum # of ports forwarded.

5 minutes ago, pokmiuhy said:

Must be something with my connection speed and the size of the initial save....that's all I can figure.

That's definitely not the case... Some routers need to be restarted some times.

4 minutes ago, pokmiuhy said:

I had found those on some other forums to forward. I'll adjust them though..rather have the absolute minimum # of ports forwarded.

Please delete the forwarding of the other ports, this is a security risk!!!
I always provide the necessary ports in my templates and you never need to forward more ports, even if other sites suggests that.

Otherwise I won't release the containers to the public.

Another side note even if you forward these ports they point to nothing (but it's still a security risk) because if they are not forwarded in the template they can't be reached anyways.

Please trust me on that, I do my research on that and test every single container before releasing it.