[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Heya, ich777. Thank you for everything you do. I read through the dockers based on Team Fortress 2 and everything actually works in general. Server gets hosted, people can hop on and everything. 

However, the server doesn't seem to pull from the server.cfg file, with the settings for the server. I've downloaded premade server cfg files, I've also made my own, and nothing pulls from it to set password/server settings.

Am I doing something in the docker itself that is supposed to tell the server to use the server.cfg file? From what I understand, it just needs to be in the folder and it is supposed to automatically reference it? Or does it need an augment like +server.cfg or something...I can't figure it out. 

If I could figure this out, I could figure out the rest of the server dockers, too.

I've made sure it was server.cfg too, removed the .txt extension to make sure it was turned into a CFG file. (Using Krusader for this).

Sorry if I sound dumb or not doing something right. Let me know if there is pictures I can supply that would help with this.

4 hours ago, GOODWINML said:

2, delete dayz folder. I am a windows person. How to delete 1 folder like that?

You can do that in the Windows Explorer if you connect to your appdata share or you use Appdata Cleanup from the CA App:

grafik.png.1f55ccbe8c277d61d768b0c226273833.png

4, how do I tell it's downloading? Where is it putting server data?

Click on the container Icon on the Docker page and click on Logs

6, Where in steam? I click on view, only option with server in name is "Servers". No "Server Browser.

I can see it open in the Background here (it is actually "Servers", I couldn't remember how it's called in English from the top of my head because I run Steam in my native language which is German):

grafik.png.1c463fb2dce230e82afffab6b098855d.png

• Like 1
4 hours ago, StabbyMeowkins said:

I've made sure it was server.cfg too, removed the .txt extension to make sure it was turned into a CFG file. (Using Krusader for this).

Are you sure that the permissions are also set correctly (this is just a guess because the container should set the permissions on each start).

Please also make sure that the config is valid: Click

I don't play TF2 but did you place the server.cfg in the correct folder (I think it should be named tf2)?

Hi ich777 and everyone!

For projectzomboid is there a way to set the -servername variable? It's a launch parameter for the the start.sh i.e. ./start.sh -servername potato

I've got server files from some friends and I want to host those on my unraid instead of servertest default files/config. Thanks!

EDIT: for those encountering this issue, editing the players.db file with sql lite browser to replace the server name to "servertest" instead for each network player worked, but that's a workaround to me not a fix.

Edited by LiveHiFi
8 hours ago, LiveHiFi said:

For projectzomboid is there a way to set the -servername variable? It's a launch parameter for the the start.sh i.e. ./start.sh -servername potato

Yes, as the description in the Docker template mentions, you can add game start up parameters there:

grafik.thumb.png.fbbff6b34805d328cc497032f2b07141.png

8 hours ago, LiveHiFi said:

EDIT: for those encountering this issue, editing the players.db file with sql lite browser to replace the server name to "servertest" instead for each network player worked, but that's a workaround to me not a fix.

This isn't necessary and also the hardest way of doing it at least from my perspective.

The easiest way would be to edit the servertest.ini file and change the name there, the file is located in your projectzomboid folder which lives in your appdata directory and there in .../Zomboid/Server/servertest.ini

On 3/28/2023 at 2:21 AM, ich777 said:

7.  Enter your SERVERIP:27016 (of course replace SERVERIP with the IP from your server) and click on Add

So I use the internal LAN ip and have port forwarding on my router?

********Also don't understand this comment from docker. "Keep in mind that you have to connect with the experimental branch Client to this Docker container!"********

Got it working. Now have to figure out how to modify cfg file for server name and password. Also have to figure out how to add mods to server.

Edited by GOODWINML
5 hours ago, GOODWINML said:

So I use the internal LAN ip and have port forwarding on my router?

Yes, you have to forward the GamePort and the Steam Query Port (both of them are UDP in this case).

Got it working. Now have to figure out how to modify cfg file for server name and password.

I would recommend that you read the description from the container again:

grafik.thumb.png.8368cdf1c402961e3c5b2f873577f340.png

Also have to figure out how to add mods to server.

In general I don't support modding of the containers because I can't know how every game needs to be modded and how every mod is working.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure that the permissions are also set correctly (this is just a guess because the container should set the permissions on each start). 

Please also make sure that the config is valid: Click

I don't play TF2 but did you place the server.cfg in the correct folder (I think it should be named tf2)?

How would I make sure the permissions are set correctly? For the docker itself?

I am under the assumption that the server.cfg file is to be placed directly in the cfg folder. I believe I've even went to the extent of placing a copy in every folder that made sense (TF, CFG, few others) to see if its in the right spot. On the TF2 sites, it states it needs to be in the dedicated cfg folder itself. I've placed it there, and the settings don't seem to pull from it.

I know I am doing something silly, because like I had mentioned before, server actually works with all the default stuff. Everyone can connect and everything. I'm just basically trying to make it where I can make it a locked server, where a password is needed and/or the name in the list when someone searches it.

As for making sure it is correct, I've even went to the extent of copying server cfg files to make sure they are correct, and editing it with my information for my server/etc. 

1 minute ago, StabbyMeowkins said:

How would I make sure the permissions are set correctly? For the docker itself?

Basically the container does that on each start up.

2 minutes ago, StabbyMeowkins said:

On the TF2 sites, it states it needs to be in the dedicated cfg folder itself.

Then put it there.

2 minutes ago, StabbyMeowkins said:

I've placed it there, and the settings don't seem to pull from it.

Please keep in mind that if one wrong setting is in there, the config is discarded. TBH I haven't changed my config for CS:GO and CS:Source in a long time because they just work.

5 minutes ago, StabbyMeowkins said:

I know I am doing something silly, because like I had mentioned before, server actually works with all the default stuff. Everyone can connect and everything. I'm just basically trying to make it where I can make it a locked server, where a password is needed and/or the name in the list when someone searches it.

Please try to only set the name and the password first and you can extend the config as you move on.

I'm also not sure if TF2 needs a entry in the GAME_PARAMS to load the config, something like: +exec server.cfg <- but I'm really not sure about that.

6 minutes ago, StabbyMeowkins said:

As for making sure it is correct, I've even went to the extent of copying server cfg files to make sure they are correct, and editing it with my information for my server/etc. 

I would recommend that you download a pre-made config, delete everything from it except for the server name/password and place it in the server directory in the cfg folder, see if that makes a difference.

1 hour ago, Mexicanfernando said:

It seems the latest Vahiem update broke Valheim Plus and I think something needs to be updated on this docker to fix it. I can't access my server. Please help. 

Simply disable Valheim Plus.

Valheim Plus is likely to need an update but that is a thing that I can‘t fix.

The container checks on every start if there is a newer version available.

Please see this issue on GitHub, Valheim Plus needs to be updated.

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

Simply disable Valheim Plus.

Valheim Plus is likely to need an update but that is a thing that I can‘t fix.

The container checks on every start if there is a newer version available.

Please see this issue on GitHub, Valheim Plus needs to be updated.

There is a community fix out there that server hosts uses:
https://github.com/Grantapher/ValheimPlus/tree/grantapher-development

Edited by cheezebow
3 hours ago, cheezebow said:

There is a community fix out there that server hosts uses:

Then replace the files with the ones from the repository that you've linked, done.

The container can by default only pull from the official ValheimPlus source.

I would recommend that you create a issue on the official ValheimPlus so that they can fix it.

The next time this happens, I remove the support for automatic download from ValheimPlus and it would be up to the users to install ValheimPlus and keep it up to date because in general I don't supports mods but since this was a highly requested thing I've added it.

• Like 1

Hello,

Trying to run the Project Zomboid dedicated server on Unraid. Fully stock docker install, changed nothing on it. Also tried reinstalling because of the problems. Forwarded ports based on the comments, (16261-16262 TCP+UDP, 8766-8767 TCP+UDP, 27010-27040 TCP+UDP and 16263-16270 TCP) but still unable to get it to run correctly for multiplayer. I know the forwarded ports work fine as I have tested setting up other services on those ports and they work without problem. I also have several other servers and services of various types on multiple computers using port forwarding without any issues.

I myself can connect fine from within the LAN, both with Steam relay on and off. Players over internet cannot connect, however, they are just getting "Server failed to respond" trying both port 16261 and 16262. From the router I can see the rule for these ports trigger, 58 bytes of data is transferred every time someone tries to connect - but they get nothing and I see absolutely nothing in the server logs, it is as if they never tried connecting at all. They have tried both stream relay on and off.

Anybody have any tips on what to try?

7 hours ago, Fazed said:

Forwarded ports based on the comments, (16261-16262 TCP+UDP, 8766-8767 TCP+UDP, 27010-27040 TCP+UDP and 16263-16270 TCP)

Please only forward the ports from the template, all other ports that you are listed are not required, one reason behind this is because if the ports are not forwarded in the template they don't do anything and are a security risk!

The ports which are recommended that you find online on various sites are just automatic generated values that are most of the times wrong.

I would recommend that you also ask your ISP if he doesn't block ports in the high regions, some ISPs even block UDP traffic.

Users from outside your network are also not able to join then? Please also double check your port forwarding.

Hello, I am working on setting up a Dedicated Valheim server w/crossplay for my friends. I've hit a bit of a snafu, though, as it seems the '-crossplay' tag isn't forcing the PlayFab information to be downloaded when the server files are being downloaded? ValheimServerLog.thumb.png.2c3ac24f604fcedf7401097d52da5c30.png

My server seems to show up in the community tab and I can access it (running from it's separate Unraid box), but the specific tab does not appear showing Crossplay as working in the server list.

ValheimNoPlayFab.png.8deebedff05f51f2feaf7a742e9ef44b.png

As well, here are my current docker settings as they are in the config menu, I'm running it on a custom Host network, though I saw a few posts within this thread mentioning they may be needing to switch to Host, but I'm not 100% sure. ValheimDocker.thumb.png.c0f35e7a9e68158f6eb9e401ff4a2717.png

Edited by ScottyYDG
Needed to redact a server password.
7 hours ago, ScottyYDG said:

My server seems to show up in the community tab and I can access it (running from it's separate Unraid box), but the specific tab does not appear showing Crossplay as working in the server list.

First of all, please disable validate!

Are you sure that you've updated the server list in your in game server browser? I've now tried it and have no issue and displays the double cross icon right next to the key icon like mentioned in this post here:

I'm running it on a custom Host network, though I saw a few posts within this thread mentioning they may be needing to switch to Host, but I'm not 100% sure.

Are you sure that nothing is blocking the incoming connection to PlayFab itself?

I'm running it on a custom Host network, though I saw a few posts within this thread mentioning they may be needing to switch to Host, but I'm not 100% sure.

This shouldn't be necessary at all because the users had issues that the server is even showing up.

Try it in default bridge mode instead.

What you can also try is to set another server name without any special characters.

Have you yet tried the default template (without changing anything) with the parameter -crossplay added?

With the recent announcement that the official Ark servers will be shutting down and the save files available for download, I'm considering changing my single server setup to a cluster.  Are the files and info at https://github.com/CydFSA/A3C still the best way to set this up?  If so, is there a beginner friendly walkthrough an installing this as the instructions on github aren't that clear to me and I don't want to flood this thread with beginner questions.

1 hour ago, Waltm said:

Are the files and info at https://github.com/CydFSA/A3C still the best way to set this up?

AFAIK yes, I've never done a cluster before since it's not my use case and ARK isn't my game anyways...

1 hour ago, Waltm said:

If so, is there a beginner friendly walkthrough an installing this as the instructions on github aren't that clear to me and I don't want to flood this thread with beginner questions.

Try to look at the second recommended post in this thread (on the very top from this thread), maybe Cyd can help you out or another user which has set up a cluster before.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

AFAIK yes, I've never done a cluster before since it's not my use case and ARK isn't my game anyways...

Try to look at the second recommended post in this thread (on the very top from this thread), maybe Cyd can help you out or another user which has set up a cluster before.

Ok, thanks.

If anyone has any more info, I have most of the containers installed and running by following the pinned post, but think I have issues with the ARK0 one.  I had to move some files manually into the /serverdata/serverfiles location since it was just coming up with errors.  When I navigate to the dynamic config IP in a browser, it downloads the file instead of displaying it in a browser like the official site.  I did have to change the port to 8086 due to other docker conflicts and changed the map dockers to ?customdynamicconfigurl="http://(server IP):8086/dynamicconfig.ini" to match.

9 hours ago, Esormit88 said:

Has there been any further discussion/thought about development of an Icarus dedicated server?

No because I've given up on that currently, don't know if it would be working now but I don't think so.

The server doesn't run reliably back then.

EDIT: This is from Discord:

grafik.png.bf888d0cc8ce21e1f3d2c05051d9597a.png

So I'm not really interested in trying it again.

On 3/31/2023 at 1:15 AM, ich777 said:

Basically the container does that on each start up.

Then put it there.

Please keep in mind that if one wrong setting is in there, the config is discarded. TBH I haven't changed my config for CS:GO and CS:Source in a long time because they just work.

Please try to only set the name and the password first and you can extend the config as you move on.

I'm also not sure if TF2 needs a entry in the GAME_PARAMS to load the config, something like: +exec server.cfg <- but I'm really not sure about that.

I would recommend that you download a pre-made config, delete everything from it except for the server name/password and place it in the server directory in the cfg folder, see if that makes a difference.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I appreciate the replies. 

What I ended up finding out, was that I have two types of Cache. One is SSD, and one is NVMe. 

I originally started setting up the servers on the Cache_SSD drive I had, which consequently installed the docker image for Conan there, too. When I moved them to the Cache_NVMe, I was still accessing the Cache_SSD configuration files. Which is why nothing worked. I knew this was going to be something silly.

Made a share to allow myself access to Cache_NVMe to edit the files, and was then able to edit everything to work consequently. 

Just trying to get Conan Exiles setup, now. Hopefully I have better luck there! I can see it on Steam, and it loads up fine (I think), but no one can access it. Its a port forwarding issue, I know that much. TF2 is using 27015, so I had to change Conan to 27016. Something I am doing incorrectly in the config is the issue, along with the Conan server files. 

I'll figure that out myself, I just don't want to take and waste your time that is already valuable, when you've taken your time to help me for something that was just me being silly in the first place.

If I can not figure it out, I'll make sure to get it here!

I already got the Minecraft server working, but now to swap it to Spigot and see if I can somehow setup a Waterfall(Basically Bungeecord) server. I am sure you know what those are though already. 

I appreciate everything. Do you have a place to donate to, or something of that sort?

13 minutes ago, StabbyMeowkins said:

Its a port forwarding issue, I know that much. TF2 is using 27015, so I had to change Conan to 27016.

Don‘t just change it.

You have to change the confog so that the query port is 27016 and after that you have to delete the port entry with 27015 and create a new one with the host and container port set to 27016, of course you have to also use the correct protocol (UDP) in this case.

18 minutes ago, StabbyMeowkins said:

I am sure you know what those are though already. 

No, how should I know that?

I know bukkit/spigot but thats it.

19 minutes ago, StabbyMeowkins said:

I appreciate everything. Do you have a place to donate to, or something of that sort?

In the first post in this thread or every container that you have installed in the CA App.

• Thanks 1