[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

28 minutes ago, ToastedPirate said:

No mods installed, im just using tshock to force serverside characters which is built in.

At this point I have to ask: Are you really sure that you are using my container? :D

Look at the differences in the logs... Mine even doesn't say anything about version 5.1.3.0 and I really don't know what this Prometheus message is all about... Do you maybe use any addons for the server?

So, the only way to get it from crashing constantly was to change the server's password.  Strange.  Seems to be working now. 

Just started up my Valheim docker that never had any issue previously.  I am not using any mods at all.  It's in some sort of boot loop. 

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1679680174
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Just continues to do this over and over.

Edited by CoZ
fixed it myself - maybe?
23 hours ago, ich777 said:

At this point I have to ask: Are you really sure that you are using my container? :D

Look at the differences in the logs... Mine even doesn't say anything about version 5.1.3.0 and I really don't know what this Prometheus message is all about... Do you maybe use any addons for the server?

Prometheus is the name of the server, yes im using your docker, even more so as i clicked its support to get here. 
I can get the webui to work if no one is in game and i bash enter a few times. Otherwise it won't.
I have done 2 clean reinstalls as well.  So ill just live with it for now. 

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried to set up a second instance on your server and see if does the same?

I can't reproduce this on my server on a Fresh install and on my instance with ValheimPlus.

Nope.  Once I finally got it up and running (by changing the previous password in the container to something else) I left it alone. lol

Can anyone assist / recommend settings for Traefik reverse proxy through cloudflare and exposing ports for Insurgency Sandstorm server? I attempted setting up a custom service in fileConfig.yml for Traefik but have been unsuccessful. Hoping to have friends Connect to IP in Insurgency and can enter "insurgency.domain.com" and wondering if anyone else has been successful.

8 hours ago, c96walker said:

Can anyone assist / recommend settings for Traefik reverse proxy through cloudflare and exposing ports for Insurgency Sandstorm server?

Why would you do that? You have to deal with streaming ports and so on (I'm not really familiar with Traefik).

Game servers usually don't use http/https traffic and they use their own proprietary protocols and if you rout that through a reverse proxy you will run into trouble.

8 hours ago, c96walker said:

Hoping to have friends Connect to IP in Insurgency and can enter "insurgency.domain.com" and wondering if anyone else has been successful.

This is still possible, not in that way but it is possible.

If your domain is linked to your public IP your friends can enter for example: domain.com:27131

You don't have to create a subdomain since the game should be able to resolve "domain.com" (of course this depends on the game client and if DNS resolution is implemented) and in most cases you even don't have to specify the port if it is running on the default port because most game clients will try to connect to the default port, in this case 27131

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Why would you do that? You have to deal with streaming ports and so on (I'm not really familiar with Traefik).

Game servers usually don't use http/https traffic and they use their own proprietary protocols and if you rout that through a reverse proxy you will run into trouble.

This is still possible, not in that way but it is possible.

If your domain is linked to your public IP your friends can enter for example: domain.com:27131

You don't have to create a subdomain since the game should be able to resolve "domain.com" (of course this depends on the game client and if DNS resolution is implemented) and in most cases you even don't have to specify the port if it is running on the default port because most game clients will try to connect to the default port, in this case 27131

Thanks, I will give this consideration and try again!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CoZ said:

Yes.  Like I said, the only way to get it to stop bootlooping was to change the server's previous password to something new.

This is strange, usually if it's 6+ characters (I don't recommend using symbols) it should work just fine.

12 hours ago, FreakyBigFoot said:

Where do I edit the server settings for Project Zomboid?

You‘ll find all files in the projectzomboid folder which is located in your appdata directory.

You can access this folder for example through SAMBA.

Please make sure that you first stop the container before changing any files.

Hey all. I apologize if this is not in the right location, but I am looking for help setting up a 7 Days to Die server on my unraid server. I have done everything I can think of and I am still getting a "Could Not Retrieve Server Information" error. I have set this server up once before and got it to work so I am no stranger to this. It took me a few days last time, but eventually port forwarding the range 26900-26905 fixed the problem. That is not the case this time. 

I used the guide located here.. I have left most of the container defaults as normal. I did change the serverconfig file to match the name of the one that I made with all the settings I want for my server. Other than that, I made no changes to the container.  I also did not change any of the default networking settings within the serverconfig file. If that matters. See the images below. Lastly, I set up port forwarding to my unraid server using the range of 26900 - 26905 and the protocol TCP/UDP.  I have also attached my output log as well, which as far as I can tell is showing no errors. This leads me to believe this is a port forwarding issue or some networking issue. I have set up port forwarding before for both my VPN and Plex server that are on my unraid server and those appear to be working well so I am unsure why it wouldn't be working for this.

Thank you and hopefully I have provided all the necessary information. If not let me know and I will add what is needed. 

output_log.txt

ContainerSettings1.png

ContainerSettings2.png

ContainerSettings3.png

Edited by Jay89

Hey @ich777 I hope this is the right place to ask for a game server docker container. I was wondering if you could hook me up with a 'Hidden: Source' Docker. It's a cool mod for Half-Life 2, and I know there's a similar game mode for Gmod, but I really want to play the original version.

I'm thinking (but I could be wrong) that it might be pretty simple to set up since you already have an HL2 Deathmatch docker. Maybe it's just a matter of changing the game mode? As long as the server files are there, it should work, right?

You can find the server files over here: https://www.hidden-source.com/downloads.htm

If it's not doable, no worries! I'm just curious because it would be awesome to spin up this mod in a docker instead of running it on a virtual machine. Thanks!

Edited by Reziem

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my 7dtd server up and running. After a lot of troubleshooting I realized that if I changed the container back to the default serverconfig file my server worked. Turns out there was a typo in the new serverconfig file I made under the "GameWorld" value. Can't believe it was something that minor. I am just glad I figured it out. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1
On 4/28/2023 at 5:45 AM, ich777 said:

You‘ll find all files in the projectzomboid folder which is located in your appdata directory.

You can access this folder for example through SAMBA.

Please make sure that you first stop the container before changing any files.

Ok what files though? There's a bunch of steam files and folders but I can't find the config for the server. Like where to set a whitelist and stuff.

Hey, when I start the tmodloader Terraria server it just says this:
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---This container is DEPRECATED---

Is the Docker Image outdated or am I too stupid? (I'm fairly new to Unraid and Docker)

1 hour ago, GameplayNoob said:

tmodloader Terraria

Yes, it‘s now deprecated.

The developers from tmodloader made it too hard for me a few times and finally I decided to deprecate it.

Someone else made a container for it which is available in the CA App I think.