[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please read this post Link

He describes that the server must conmect to the internet and show properly up in the list to show on the lan list.

Edit: But i think if the server need's to register at the Steam master server just forward the port 27015 UDP in your router to your Unraid server IP.

Nailed it, my friend.  I'd actually made my own container a few months ago and could never get it to work for the same reason.  Forwarded the ports this afternoon, and we're good to go.  Thanks very much for the assistance!

I would like to mention though, to no one in particular, that this practice of requiring WAN access is just not very nice.  I paid the $60 or whatever, I should be able to play this on my own LAN without giving whoever any information about how/when/etc I play.  Not to mention the security implications...  </rant>

7DTD docker log.txtHey all I'm running into an issue with the 7DTD container. I got it started with no issue.I shut down the container. I make the changes to the serverconfig.xml then start it back up. As soon as I start it back up my changes seemed to get revered back to the default. I did make sure that the files saved, by exiting, and opening it back up, and it does save, but the second I start the container back up it wipes the file. 

Has anyone else run into this, and figured out a way to not have it wipe?

Edited by Datapotomus

Good Morning Guy´s, thank you ich77 for these new dockers.

At this moment i test the csgo docker, in the network everything works fine, but with set Steamusername and password and portforwarding 27015 + DYNDNS adress it doesn´t appear in the online list, only in the lan list.

Is there something i forgot?

I don´t know if it´s possible but a Dayz Standalone server would be nice :D

15 hours ago, Datapotomus said:

7DTD docker log.txtHey all I'm running into an issue with the 7DTD container. I got it started with no issue.I shut down the container. I make the changes to the serverconfig.xml then start it back up. As soon as I start it back up my changes seemed to get revered back to the default. I did make sure that the files saved, by exiting, and opening it back up, and it does save, but the second I start the container back up it wipes the file.

Since i don't own the game and 3 persons tested this docker and they all gave their ok, i also changed the serverconfig.xml so that my server has a differnt name (btw the 7DtD Docker doesn't download any configfile like other dockers that i've made so it can nothing overwrite) i think it should be fine.

2 hours ago, dezai said:

Is there something i forgot?

You must provide a servertoken, read the description from the docker everything you need to know is in there.

I figured the issue out a little later. Posting the solution now. I needed to make a copy of the serverconfig.xml, and named it serverconfig_new.xml. Then I changed it in the docker configuration page GAME_PARAMS to -configfile=serverconfig_new.xml -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data/output_log.txt $@. After that 7DTD worked just fine. 

Thanks for the work on the container. 

Edited by Datapotomus
  • Thanks 1
On 5/8/2019 at 11:35 PM, milfer322 said:

Thanks for reply. If it isn't bothering much and if it's possible to be added, I'd like to modify the forest and the caves settings. The world can't be modified right now, and I'd like to modify a couple of options.

Vanilla is fine by default but is it possible to change a couple of things? Disease is annoying af for example. Thank you

unknown.png?width=609&height=341

Custom World

- Start server

- Browse to; \appdata\dontstarve\token\Cluster_1\Master

- Create/edit file worldgenoverride.lua or use my attachment (Copy same file to Caves-folder if you want to customize caves)

- Edit worldgenoverride.lua to your liking then save.

- Connect to your server and choose to regenerate world (press TAB when in-game then click the little button for options).

- Have fun!

Spawn more set-pieces

- Stop server

- Browse to; \appdata\dontstarve\serverfiles\data\databundles\scripts.zip\scripts\

- Edit worldgen_main.lua

- Go to line 338 and replace with this;

for idx=1, math.random(math.floor(9000*multiply[boons_override]), math.ceil(10000*multiply[boons_override])) do
            AddSingleSetPeice(level, "map/boons")
            AddSingleSetPeice(level, "map/pointsofinterest")
            AddSingleSetPeice(level, "map/protected_resources")
            AddSingleSetPeice(level, "map/traps")
        end

- Experiment by changing math.floor (9000) value and math.ceil (10000) to your liking

- Start server with a new world

- Have even more fun!

worldgenoverride.lua

Edited by Remy Lind
1 hour ago, milfer322 said:

Hello,

I test the docker for dst afterday and dont start the server, the server's.ini have the same ports and doesnt start, i change it but the caves servers doest start.

Thanks!

Like i said in the PM's i will fix that, it was not clear to me how DST works but now it's clear and i will fix this this week.

Weekend is for family time.

18 hours ago, Datapotomus said:

I figured the issue out a little later. Posting the solution now. I needed to make a copy of the serverconfig.xml, and named it serverconfig_new.xml. Then I changed it in the docker configuration page GAME_PARAMS to -configfile=serverconfig_new.xml -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data/output_log.txt $@. After that 7DTD worked just fine. 

Thanks for the work on the container. 

That sounds like a permission fault if the server doesn't load the serverconfig.xml...

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Like i said in the PM's i will fix that, it was not clear to me how DST works but now it's clear and i will fix this this week.

Weekend is for family time.

Thank you, I wasn't telling you about the problems because I wanted you to fix it right now. I was just letting you know what I found out. Thanks you again!

G'day mate,

trying to move 7dtd saves into docker from linux install and can't seem to find the .local save location.

Where is this /serverdata/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/Navezgane/My Game/Region

do i need to map it ?

Thanks,

Stick

Edited by InventedStic
added info
2 hours ago, InventedStic said:

trying to move 7dtd saves into docker from linux install and can't seem to find the .local save location.

Where is this /serverdata/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/Navezgane/My Game/Region

do i need to map it ?

Sorry didn't realize that the savegames are stored in the home folder... :/

Please give me a few hours to update the docker i will make a special serverconfig.xml where the savegames are located in the main folder.

I will report back.

• Like 2

@InventedStic Corrected Docker will be available in the next few hours (update takes some time).
Remove the docker completely (also delete the '7dtd' folder in your appdata) and redownload it from the Community applications.

The new Docker Template has a new veriable in it 'Serverconfig' (only download the Docker again when the the new variable is visible!).

The savegames then locatet under the folder 'Saves' in the main directory.

On 5/12/2019 at 3:12 PM, Remy Lind said:

Custom World

- Start server

- Browse to; \appdata\dontstarve\token\Cluster_1\Master

- Create/edit file worldgenoverride.lua or use my attachment (Copy same file to Caves-folder if you want to customize caves)

- Edit worldgenoverride.lua to your liking then save.

- Connect to your server and choose to regenerate world (press TAB when in-game then click the little button for options).

- Have fun!

Spawn more set-pieces

- Stop server

- Browse to; \appdata\dontstarve\serverfiles\data\databundles\scripts.zip\scripts\

- Edit worldgen_main.lua

- Go to line 338 and replace with this;

- Experiment by changing math.floor (9000) value and math.ceil (10000) to your liking

- Start server with a new world

- Have even more fun!

worldgenoverride.lua 7.34 kB · 1 download

On 5/12/2019 at 7:57 PM, milfer322 said:

Thank you, I wasn't telling you about the problems because I wanted you to fix it right now. I was just letting you know what I found out. Thanks you again!

Everything is now fixed and you can choose between a server with and without the caves, simply delete the whole docker and the folder in appdata and redownload (just wait for the APP to update in the Communtiy Applications if you see that the port is set to 10890 and a new variable 'Caves' is set to 'true' then you can download it).

• Like 1

Haven't tested these so far, just wanted to say thank you for providing all of these! Let it be known that I very much appreciate the prospect of letting my unRAID practically take care of anything. Makes me wonder: do I even need a desktop computer anymore? *snickers*

(well strong yes, but between this and being able to run games on the server itself with some catchy PCIe pass-through... Latter of which I don't intend on implementing for a while though)

Edited by Glassed Silver
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

@InventedStic Corrected Docker will be available in the next few hours (update takes some time).
Remove the docker completely (also delete the '7dtd' folder in your appdata) and redownload it from the Community applications.

The new Docker Template has a new veriable in it 'Serverconfig' (only download the Docker again when the the new variable is visible!).

The savegames then locatet under the folder 'Saves' in the main directory.

Thank you all working now :)

also is there a way to set up automatic/scheduled backups?

1 hour ago, InventedStic said:

Thank you all working now :)

also is there a way to set up automatic/scheduled backups?

You can do this by a cronjob (you find a app for that in the community applications) or if you plugin a usb device to your server via unassigned devices plugin and a backupscript on automount.

Or you do it like me with the automated community application backup plugin to backup all your appdata folders to another location (in my case a backup drive outside the array with the unassigned devices plugin and back it then up with an external drive like i said above)

Edited by ich777

I am also testing out the Ark docker- it does not look like it respects the file locations for steamcmd and serverfiles directories.  I have them mapped directly to one of my disks but the share is empty and docker still contains all the related files.  

This should work, no?

image.png.c369c4a1225b864c786af6cbb837222d.png

2 hours ago, bktaylor said:

Good Morning,

I got the Ark docker working but how can I add mods and admins?

Mods-

Edit GameUserSettings.ini

Under

[ServerSettings]
ActiveMods=517605531,519998112,496026322

Admins-

you will need their steamid and then create a file:

\ShooterGame\Saved\AllowedCheaterSteamIDs.txt and enter the ID of each of the admins you want to have admin rights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, bktaylor said:

Good Morning,

I got the Ark docker working but how can I add mods and admins?

Like you install it on a normal dedicated server. Navigate to your appdata folder and install them.

3 hours ago, jordanmw said:

I am also testing out the Ark docker- it does not look like it respects the file locations for steamcmd and serverfiles directories.  I have them mapped directly to one of my disks but the share is empty and docker still contains all the related files.  

This should work, no?

image.png.c369c4a1225b864c786af6cbb837222d.png

Don't know what you exactly mean, you must set the path on first creation of the docker otherwise it will not work correctly (on the first start all dockers, not only mine, will create the required directorys and permissions for the folders and files needed).

Delete the docker completely and map them when you install the docker.

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Like you install it on a normal dedicated server. Navigate to your appdata folder and install them.

Don't know what you exactly mean, you must set the path on first creation of the docker otherwise it will not work correctly (on the first start all dockers, not only mine, will create the required directorys and permissions for the folders and files needed).

Delete the docker completely and map them when you install the docker.

That is what I am doing during the install:

Before:

image.thumb.png.5ba11f2dea0c00d0de1f80bb4388e7c1.png

After:

image.thumb.png.eae974f216b0e7e23f6d48864fd3e45f.png

Then checking those shares- there is nothing in them and they put everything in the container- maybe I am just used to steamcache docker that allowed me to pick a disk location for all the data.

image.png

Edited by jordanmw
removed extra image- tried to....

Sorry but what do you mean 'put everything in the container'?

Delete the container, then install it new and set the path's to where they should be (think /mnt/disk2/steamcmd - btw never write direct to a disk everytime to 'user' and then to a share, if you write direct to a disk the parity won't work!) <- read this.

To check if everything is ok just turn on 'Advanced View' in the Docker page on the right upper corner.

Edited by ich777
  • Like 1

Not sure exactly what I did wrong, but deleted and set it back up and it did put the files in the correct place this time.  Don't care much about parity- I have scheduled backups that take care of data security.  Nothing runs 24/7, just have 4 gaming computers used on demand.

• Like 1

I would like to request Conan Exiles and Outlaws of the Old West for dedicated servers if they are possible.  Please and thank you! 

Also I've been reading through some of the posts and most server files are free and do not require to purchase the game, even for linux.  Not sure if you were aware of that.  Also for 7DTD Alloc has linux script that will download and install steamcmd and the server files.  I can provide a link if interested. 

Edited by Spectral Force