[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

30 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

Based on my experience, 7D servers don't always show if you do the 3 ports especially since A16.  I found opening a 5 port block will always list the server both in the steam list and in the 7D server browser. 

27010-27020 is already assigned to my other server.

You don't read it right, you must only open one port in the range of 27015-27030 (as you said 27021 - 27030 should be available and you only need to open one port) the other thing is that i've tested is if i don't open the base port UDP (wich you don't opened) it doesn't show up in the game browser.

Please take another look at the link that i've provided in your case you should open 25020 TCP & UDP, 25021 UDP, 25022 UDP, 25023 UDP (the last 3 are not required since these are for differnt game browsers

At least, please try the ports that i've recommended in this post...

Edited by ich777
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

You don't read it right, you must only open one port in the range of 27015-27030 (as you said 27021 - 27030 should be available and you only need to open one port) the other thing is that i've tested is if i don't open the base port UDP (wich you don't opened) it doesn't show up in the game browser.

Please take another look at the link that i've provided in your case you should open 25020 TCP & UDP, 25021 UDP, 25022 UDP, 25023 UDP (the last 3 are not required since these are for differnt game browsers

At least, please try the ports that i've recommended in this post...

You're right, I did miss the 25020 UDP.  I have it on the firewall but not the docker.  I'll try your original ports which probably work, but since they are already in use on another physical ip I had to change them.  I'll try your original ports but any angry threats/complaints I get from my players for taking the server down will be sent to you. LOL 😂😂

Can a docker do a port range?  Could I just do like UDP Ports: 25021-25030 as 1 entry or doesn't it allow that?

Edited by Spectral Force
4 hours ago, Spectral Force said:

You're right, I did miss the 25020 UDP.  I have it on the firewall but not the docker.  I'll try your original ports which probably work, but since they are already in use on another physical ip I had to change them.  I'll try your original ports but any angry threats/complaints I get from my players for taking the server down will be sent to you. LOL 😂😂

Can a docker do a port range?  Could I just do like UDP Ports: 25021-25030 as 1 entry or doesn't it allow that?

You can only make port by port, no range!

Your server config works fine on my server with ports TCP 25020, UDP 25020, 25021, 25022, 25022 & 27026 open and shows up in the server browser just fine. ;)

It seems every time I restart the docker, it regenerates the game world.  Unless I'm seeing something else in the docker log and takes a long time to boot up, almost 10 minutes.  If I have to do a server restart will it go through the whole process again and will it overwrite whats established?

Edited by Spectral Force
10 hours ago, Spectral Force said:

It seems every time I restart the docker, it regenerates the game world.  Unless I'm seeing something else in the docker log and takes a long time to boot up, almost 10 minutes.  If I have to do a server restart will it go through the whole process again and will it overwrite whats established?

Look, since i don't own the game it's very difficult for me to debug things, i don't know if the game overwrite anything but i don't think so, if you leave everything as it is it works OOB but the other things i don't know... (now you know how hard it is to not own the game and give support :D )

Eventually @jordanmw can help you out, he runs a 7DtD Docker.

Edit: now it should work the problem was that you've used the RWG world generator (now you will have a new folder in your main directory called 'User' if the world has generated successfully and this would be the path for you created world)

Don't forget to update the Docker!!!

Edited by ich777
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Look, since i don't own the game it's very difficult for me to debug things, i don't know if the game overwrite anything but i don't think so, if you leave everything as it is it works OOB but the other things i don't know... (now you know how hard it is to not own the game and give support :D )

Eventually @jordanmw can help you out, he runs a 7DtD Docker.

Edit: now it should work the problem was that you've used the RWG world generator (now you will have a new folder in your main directory called 'User' if the world has generated successfully and this would be the path for you created world)

Don't forget to update the Docker!!!

Thank You!  I know this is a pain w/o you having the game for self testing.  I never use the navezgame which is the predetermined map, no fun if you know where everything is.  I will update the docker and try again.  I did run into another issue but I'll see if after updating it gets resolved.  I'm going to do a fresh install and see how it goes.  

30 minutes ago, ndaringer said:

what is the default config file for tf2? I usually use server.cfg but I'm not seeing anything that specific here.

Yes exactly, i only provide config files if the are essential for the game (TF2 isn't such a game)

Place it in the directory where you would normaly put it.

• Like 1

Hi Ich, thank you so much for these dockers! I'm setting up a 7dtd server, and the docker side of things works fine. I can create a game on my server and play it locally. However i'm not able to join the server from a PC outside my network via my public (static) IP and the port specified in the serverconfig.xml (26900).

I believe i have opened more than enough ports for it to work, but when i connect, i just get a "connection timed out".311015850_RouterPortforwards.JPG.780fc67e66bbca4c24381ba2913ab29e.JPG1424635852_Unraidports.JPG.6f9a08380c3a5526cfdd96fbc7c56359.JPG

Any ideas?

Kind Regards, Morten

Edited by MortenBN1988
2 hours ago, MortenBN1988 said:

Hi Ich, thank you so much for these dockers! I'm setting up a 7dtd server, and the docker side of things works fine. I can create a game on my server and play it locally. However i'm not able to join the server from a PC outside my network via my public (static) IP and the port specified in the serverconfig.xml (26900).

I believe i have opened more than enough ports for it to work, but when i connect, i just get a "connection timed out".311015850_RouterPortforwards.JPG.780fc67e66bbca4c24381ba2913ab29e.JPG1424635852_Unraidports.JPG.6f9a08380c3a5526cfdd96fbc7c56359.JPG

Any ideas?

Kind Regards, Morten

I got it to work!

In the serverconfig.xml I changed <property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols"    value="SteamNetworking"/>

to

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols"    value=""/>

(I removed SteamNetworking)

I'm not sure why this works exactly but it might have something to do with some settings in my router (Asus RT-68U).

• Like 1

Might I suggest that those of you requesting games that ich777 doesn't currently own a license for should contribute by either obtaining a license or working together with other requesters to obtain a license for ich777? You are asking for a significant amount of work to be done on your behalf, the least you can do is make the work easier to accomplish and support.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
17 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Might I suggest that those of you requesting games that ich777 doesn't currently own a license for should contribute by either obtaining a license or working together with other requesters to obtain a license for ich777? You are asking for a significant amount of work to be done on your behalf, the least you can do is make the work easier to accomplish and support.

Requests were invited. First page, second post:

"If you have any wishes for gameservers please write it here in this topic or send me a private message."

Though you are absolutely correct, the polite thing to do would be to supply a copy of the game in question if required at bare minimum. 

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, DefectiveServer said:

Requests were invited. First page, second post:

"If you have any wishes for gameservers please write it here in this topic or send me a private message."

Though you are absolutely correct, the polite thing to do would be to supply a copy of the game in question if required at bare minimum. 

Arma 3 and Wurm Unlimited are two games of the list that where provided to me to create the dockers.

Would be nice if the requester provide the game if i don't own it.

17 hours ago, luckykid93 said:

can you do a minecraft server 

2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Ok, so i thought i don't make my own server but since i've got my own Spigot server running an McMyAdmin is not my favourite tool to use (since i don't need a GUI and i back up my appdata frequently with the community applications backup tool) i've made one... :D

You can install and try it, it should be available in a few hours (you can install all kind of servers you only must configure it right :P )

I don't know if thats what you wanted but i wanted to make it as simple as possible, you can also copy over the files from an existing server and it should just work fine.

10 hours ago, zeekstah said:

Thanks for doing this! I've set up an Insurgency Sandstorm server and it's working great.

My pleasure... :)

10 hours ago, zeekstah said:

the sandstorm basic guide tells me to put it in  "Insurgency/Config/Server/Admins.txt." but I can't find that anywhere. This is the sandstorm server set up guide that I was following. 

Also this guide says you must create the file if it doesn't exist:

"The list is contained inside Insurgency/Config/Server/Admins.txt. If this file does not exist, create it. You can also override the file by specifying a command line switch, for example -AdminList=OtherAdminList would make the server read from OtherAdminList.txt instead."

Edited by ich777