[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 5/30/2019 at 4:28 PM, ich777 said:

Update the Container...

I received the update and it's working. Although, I have an odd problem where the log file will stop updating after midnight, unsure if this is a limitation of the container, or the docker engine itself - I can still see the new entries in the logs\latest.txt provided by the Minecraft server itself.

Is that something that can be fixed with an update?

19 hours ago, GRiiM said:

Is there any chance you could create a Garry's Mod docker?

Yep, but only the standard Garry's Mod since i don't own the game and don't know how mounting in this game of the other gamefiles work.

Edit: Garry's Mod should be available within the next few hours.

15 hours ago, Goldfire said:

I received the update and it's working. Although, I have an odd problem where the log file will stop updating after midnight, unsure if this is a limitation of the container, or the docker engine itself - I can still see the new entries in the logs\latest.txt provided by the Minecraft server itself.

Don't thought that the logfile rotates every day... :P

Updated Docker is available in the next few hours ;)

Please report back...

Edit: Docker is updated please search for updates and report back if it works now...

Edited by ich777
  • Like 1

I would love to see an OpenTTD docker.

I tried to make it myself, but so far I have failed to do so. 😥

The current version is 1.9.1, and on the download page https://www.openttd.org/downloads/openttd-releases/latest.html there are files both linux and windows.

I found a docker with version 1.8, and I got it to start up and could also find it in game, but being an older version, I could not connect to it.

10 hours ago, Spectral Force said:

Hey Ich, I'd like to request a DayZ Arma 2 mod docker.  Do you think you could add it to your list?

I will take a look i to that, but i need you for testing, i don't own the game.

52 minutes ago, mikeydk said:

I would love to see an OpenTTD docker.

I tried to make it myself, but so far I have failed to do so. 😥

The current version is 1.9.1, and on the download page https://www.openttd.org/downloads/openttd-releases/latest.html there are files both linux and windows.

I found a docker with version 1.8, and I got it to start up and could also find it in game, but being an older version, I could not connect to it.

I will take a look into that, give me a few days.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, ich777 said:

Don't thought that the logfile rotates every day... :P

Updated Docker is available in the next few hours ;)

Please report back...

Edit: Docker is updated please search for updates and report back if it works now...

Updated and you nailed it, it's working perfectly.

Thanks for your support, I appreciate it.

It's my payday on Friday ;)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mikeydk said:

Thank you, can't wait to see what you come up with :)

I'm working right now on it, if everything works out the way that i've intended it it should be available today (at my local timezone) :D

I'm learning right now how to set up the dedicated server... :D

Edited by ich777

I've been running the 7DTD server for about 2 weeks now, and it seems like it has some issues whenever there's horde night. The server simply freezes, and i can't even restart it from the web console. I have to restart the docker. I've been looking at the logs when it happens, and there's nothing that really sticks out as being a potential reason. My server and internet speed should also be more than capable of running a 7DTD server so i don't think it's a hardware issue. Could it be that the SteamCMD doesn't have access to the full system power?

6 minutes ago, MortenBN1988 said:

I've been running the 7DTD server for about 2 weeks now, and it seems like it has some issues whenever there's horde night. The server simply freezes, and i can't even restart it from the web console. I have to restart the docker. I've been looking at the logs when it happens, and there's nothing that really sticks out as being a potential reason. My server and internet speed should also be more than capable of running a 7DTD server so i don't think it's a hardware issue. Could it be that the SteamCMD doesn't have access to the full system power?

Sorry but that question i can answer you because i don't own the game and i don't know what the horde night is.
You can ask @Spectral Force he is running the Docker also a long time i think.
But i don't think it's a hardware problem (but i also don't know how you configured your 7DtD Docker). Also SteamCMD is not running in this docker when the 7DtD server is running.

Everything is possible, hard drive failure, to less system resources on the docker, even software problems,...

Edited by ich777
2 hours ago, MortenBN1988 said:

I am running it also and haven't had any issues- I even jacked up the number of zombie and animal spawn and increased the size to about double of the RWG defaults.  I have 4-8 players on the server for horde night and seeing no issues(besides the horrible optimization of the always in alpha 7 days to die).  Contact the fun pimps and send your logs- they might see your issue right away.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mikeydk said:

Thank you, can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Docker should be available within the next few hours.

6 hours ago, Spectral Force said:

Also, if I wanted to run a 2nd instance of 7 Days to die, what would I have to do to make that happen in your docker? 

Click on Add Container in the Unraid GUI search for your existing 7DtD Docker IMPORTATN: GIVE IT A NEW NAME OR BETTER A OTHER NAME, change the directory '7dtd' to something else, delete all ports and create new ones, start the docker, configure the server with the new ports and restart the docker (also make the ports in your firewall accessable), then you should be good to go. Very im portant is to delete the ports and create new ports with the container and host port set to the same as in the config.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Docker should be available within the next few hours.

Installing it now, I am still at work, so I have to wait to test it until I get home.

When I installed it, it had a steamcmd parameter in the template, what is that used for? Is it using steam in some way?

(Update, I just did a quick test, the game still said the server was a different version, even when both say they are 1.9.1)

Edited by mikeydk
38 minutes ago, mikeydk said:

When I installed it, it had a steamcmd parameter in the template, what is that used for? Is it using steam in some way?

Sorry my bad, i knew i forgot something... Should be fixed in the next few hours if you download it new from the Community Apps.

38 minutes ago, mikeydk said:

(Update, I just did a quick test, the game still said the server was a different version, even when both say they are 1.9.1)

I think this has something to do with the build parameters when you compile it, since i compiled the game from source and the dedicated server, i must take a closer look into that, fix sould be no problem but take some time (today or tomorrow).

Btw thank you for the feedback...

Edited by ich777

@mikeydk Problem is now solved, please delete the Docker completely including the folder that it created and redownload it from the Community Applications (should be available within the next few hours since i pulled it from the CA to update it), i've also changed the template at the if you want to pull the latest build of the game simply enter 'latest' if you want any other build enter for example '1.8.0' you can upgrade and also downgrade with this option, if a newer version of the game is available simply restart the docker and it fill pull the latest build.

The description also changed you can now connect to the console by simply opening a terminal and enter 'screen -xS OpenTTD' (without quotes).

Here a screenshot where it shows now the version.

screenshot.png.5de7c9b50a53f44e54f9d54498a9a1cf.png

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, ich777 said:

@mikeydk Problem is now solved, please delete the Docker completely including the folder that it created and redownload it from the Community Applications (should be available within the next few hours since i pulled it from the CA to update it), i've also changed the template at the if you want to pull the latest build of the game simply enter 'latest' if you want any other build enter for example '1.8.0' you can upgrade and also downgrade with this option, if a newer version of the game is available simply restart the docker and it fill pull the latest build.

The description also changed you can now connect to the console by simply opening a terminal and enter 'screen -xS OpenTTD' (without quotes).

Thank you for your work, I will test it as soon as I get home 😁

• Like 1
On 6/3/2019 at 1:25 AM, Spectral Force said:

Hey Ich, I'd like to request a DayZ Arma 2 mod docker.  Do you think you could add it to your list?

Is ArmA3 DayZ mod not a more recent version?

Btw, found ArmA2 for a few euros online, i think i can afford this since i have received my first donation. :)

But is the ArmA2 DayZ mod version better than ArmA3?

And if possible can you link me a few articles that i can read and is this the Epoch DayZ mod?

Sorry for all the questions but i don't know that game.

Edited by ich777
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

Is ArmA3 DayZ mod not a more recent version?

Btw, found ArmA2 for a few euros online, i think i can afford this since i have received my first donation. :)

But is the ArmA2 DayZ mod version better than ArmA3?

And if possible can you link me a few articles that i can read and is this the Epoch DayZ mod?

Sorry for all the questions but i don't know that game.

I don't believe there is an Arma 3 DayZ mod, afaik.  I remember looking for one for a while but never found one.  Plus I'd have to convince my friends to buy arma 3.