[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

14 hours ago, Spectral Force said:

Is there a way to run cron jobs from with in the 7D docker?  i want to set up the ability to restart the server if it either crashes or one of my admins needs to restart it due to lag or something.

No and how will you manage it to start a cronjob without the access to the server?

Why not set up rcon and do it this way if 7DtD had rcon built in...

You can set up unraid cronjobs that can interact with the dockers.

Both, if you turned on autostart then unraid starts the docker and the game will start and on top of that my dockers all restart if the game crashes so that you dont have to do anything.

If the pid hangs or crashes the docker stops and will automaticaly restart.

Except for Dont Starve and a few others where 'tail' is used, now that i said that i must fix this... Thank you for the hint.

Edited by ich777

u/ich777

I wonder if you would tackle something i have had on my mind for a while.... being an old guy, i remember the old days of running and visiting BBS systems and playing some of my favorite Doors on them. Could you create a docker container that would incorporate Dos and a telnetable bbs like mystic, renegade, or synchronet?

-Ellic052

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Spectral Force said:

ok I'll have to test it to see if it auto restarts then.

--

Tested and working.  Great now I can have my admins just run the shutdown cmd and it'll auto restart.  You sir are a genius!  Thanks!

Thank you again. ;)

4 hours ago, RSQtech said:

u/ich777

I wonder if you would tackle something i have had on my mind for a while.... being an old guy, i remember the old days of running and visiting BBS systems and playing some of my favorite Doors on them. Could you create a docker container that would incorporate Dos and a telnetable bbs like mystic, renegade, or synchronet?

-Ellic052

Omg, this sounds so interesting to my, i am a little bit to young i think but i grew up with windows 3.11 and also dos.

I was searching for this type of games but didn't know for what to search.

Can you please give me a bit mor background what this exactly is and if telnet is a must or will putty also work?

What type of games are popular, are they free to download? If you know all that things... A PM would be nice.

32 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

Generic docker question:  What software can be turned into a docker?

Generic answer: any linux based software that doesn't require a local console and direct access to hardware to be useful. If it can render output to a webpage, or vnc or rdp it typically can be shoehorned in. Exceptions can be found, but generically speaking, that's pretty much it.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

Thank you again. ;)

Omg, this sounds so interesting to my, i am a little bit to young i think but i grew up with windows 3.11 and also dos.

I was searching for this type of games but didn't know for what to search.

Can you please give me a bit mor background what this exactly is and if telnet is a must or will putty also work?

What type of games are popular, are they free to download? If you know all that things... A PM would be nice.

I sent you a message

On 6/7/2019 at 12:30 PM, Freyer said:

Is there any chance u can add this https://store.steampowered.com/app/602960/Barotrauma/

Thx

Sorry but i am not able to find a good documentation how to set up Barotrauma as a headless Linux dedicated server.

If you can provide me more information how to set up the files and where to get them i can look further into that (i've found a little bit on github and a little bit on the forum from 2017 also the youtube videos are outdated... 🙈 ).

With the information that i've found it's not possible for me to make such a docker...

@Freyer I've now buyed Barotrauma (thank you stranger for the donation) and finaly been able to make a Docker. The Docker should be up in the next few hours.

Edited by ich777
Barotrauma Docker now available
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, AinsWorth said:

I just joined ich777s steam group waiting for a response. I will probably gift the game if it's not owned already.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I've looked for the two games you requested, both of them are only available for windows, it should be doable with WINE but that's not the best solution because there is much overhead and it will take a lot of resources (you can download my 'The Forest' Docker to test that).

If your interested please conatct me again.

Btw added you to the group... ;)

2 hours ago, atithasos said:

Hello I like your minecraft docker,

is it possible to make and a forge one???

You can simply install a forge server yourself, drag it into the directory and start it up (you must also set up the Docker Variables right).

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

You can simply install a forge server yourself, drag it into the directory and start it up (you must also set up the Docker Variables right).

I put the forge and the minecraft version (I rename it to server.jar) but i do not know the variables...

is there any info with variables? I appreciate your help.

54 minutes ago, atithasos said:

I put the forge and the minecraft version (I rename it to server.jar) but i do not know the variables...

is there any info with variables? I appreciate your help.

You only have to configure these few variables (leave the ports as the are and increase the XMS and XMX Size a little bit if you have many mods to let's say: 4096 and set Accept EULA to true).

Look on how to set up a forge server on google and copy then the files over to the server directory (don't forget to stop the conatiner, delete everything in the folder and then put copy everything over and start the conatiner again).Screenshot.thumb.jpg.087a9bced532780b1a4bb316a9b7cdb8.jpg

Edited by ich777