[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Overlooked your post sorry...

No, this is just the standard steam error that it can't find any instance of steam running but that's normal for a dedicated server.

Server should run after the 'Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110' message, everything should be fine.

Well i let it sit for a bout 4H and then it just started to show offline and got overlooked because took me a bit to verify my account lol.

3 hours ago, killerbad21 said:

Well i let it sit for a bout 4H and then it just started to show offline and got overlooked because took me a bit to verify my account lol.

So it doesn't show up in the server browser?

Please note that the ark server needs a connection to the internet and all the required ports open and that the server can actually talk to the ark master server to show up in the list (even if you only want to play on LAN you need all set up right with the ports configured).

This was also discussed a few pages before.

As always i can set up a docker on my server and you can test if you can connect and see it on the list.

Edited by ich777
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

So it doesn't show up in the server browser?

Please note that the ark server needs a connection to the internet and all the required ports open and that the server can actually talk to the ark master server to show up in the list (even if you only want to play on LAN you need all set up right with the ports configured).

This was also discussed a few pages before.

As always i can set up a docker on my server and you can test if you can connect and see it on the list.

when i get home from work i will test opening the ports i am runing it on a local box to test it at home and i keep watching the log file.

Edit:

Just Looked Its Showing on my Server List just not updating the log file. *facepalm*

Edited by killerbad21

First, I would like to thank @ich777 for building these Docker images!

I would also like to thank @Jo7410 for posting his config earlier.  This helped me confirm what I thought I needed to put in to make certain things work (like clustering, which I think I've configured but I need to test).

I have been setting up my local copy of the ARK Server docker image, and I've come across one issue, one minor issue, and one feature request that I would like to see implemented.

Whenever I attempt to use the flag -automanagedmods the Docker image will not successfully start the server.  When I try to use it, I end up with a loop that ends with:

Signal 11 caught.
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 57: 71 Segmentation fault ./ShooterGameServer ${MAP}?listen?SessionName=${SERVER_NAME}?ServerPassword=${SRV_PWD}?ServerAdminPassword=${SRV_ADMIN_PWD}${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}

Due to this, I have to manually copy over the Mod files I want to use in my server.  In addition, if Mods are specified without manually copying the files over then I get the error in my log (the actual value after container: is different depending on the mod(s) specified):

e":"No such container: 8c4de0864230"}

I used the instructions at https://www.akliz.net/manage/knowledgebase/66/How-to-Install-ARK-Survival-Evolved-Mods-on-a-Server.html to copy the Mod files over.

This is not a major issue for me, but perhaps add a comment to the documentation about this if it is not an easy solution to fix this. 

One minor issue is that the Server Name: (Container Variable: SERVER_NAME) field does not appear to handle spaces despite the Ark Server ini file allowing spaces in the Server Name.  This is not a major issue, and can be corrected in the ini file after the Docker is up and running, but there is risk of the Server Name changing whenever the Docker image rebuilds the ini file.  If possible, please adjust this setting to pass spaces correctly, but if this is not an easy fix then it should be fine with the documentation mentioning that it cannot parse spaces.

I would like to request that the field Server Password (Container Variable: SRV_PWD) be made optional instead of mandatory.  Due to the age of my children, I use a whitelist with the -exclusivejoin flag so that they do not need to type a password to play.  However, the Docker image requires that a password be specified.  I think I can modify this after the Docker is built and running from the ini file, but I have observed that the ini file is recreated whenever the Docker config is changed (and also at other times, although I have not figured out what triggers this).  

2 hours ago, bubo said:

Whenever I attempt to use the flag -automanagedmods the Docker image will not successfully start the server.  When I try to use it, I end up with a loop that ends with:

Where did you put in the -automanagedmods? In the 'Game Parameters' or in the 'Extra Game Parameters' if you put it in the 'Extra Game Parameters' it should work fine.

2 hours ago, bubo said:

Click again on the log button on the Docker overview page, this is because you changed something in the Docker on Unraid (maybe a 'Game Parameter' or 'Extra Game Parameter' or something else) and it runns now under a differnt Container ID (look at the picture underneath), the log is still there but the ID has changed from '8c4de0864230' to something else so it can't find the log for the Container ID: 8c4de0864230, like above click again on the log button and the window will show the log with the new Container ID.

grafik.png.014a19e10ea7496bff6bbe4c16abc17f.png

2 hours ago, bubo said:

One minor issue is that the Server Name: (Container Variable: SERVER_NAME) field does not appear to handle spaces despite the Ark Server ini file allowing spaces in the Server Name.  This is not a major issue, and can be corrected in the ini file after the Docker is up and running, but there is risk of the Server Name changing whenever the Docker image rebuilds the ini file.  If possible, please adjust this setting to pass spaces correctly, but if this is not an easy fix then it should be fine with the documentation mentioning that it cannot parse spaces.

I will look into that but if you specify another name in the ini file doesn't it overwrite the server name from the docker (i actually don't know...)?

2 hours ago, bubo said:

I would like to request that the field Server Password (Container Variable: SRV_PWD) be made optional instead of mandatory.  Due to the age of my children, I use a whitelist with the -exclusivejoin flag so that they do not need to type a password to play.  However, the Docker image requires that a password be specified.  I think I can modify this after the Docker is built and running from the ini file, but I have observed that the ini file is recreated whenever the Docker config is changed (and also at other times, although I have not figured out what triggers this).  

This is also a thing i must look into, should be possible but i thought for security reasons i implimet it so that it has to be in (You could also try to disable that this field is required - go to the docker page edit the ark docker, click on 'Advanced View' on the top left, click on edit at 'Server Password' and change required from Yes to No and then leave it blank - but keep in mind i don't know if that works if it works it will eventually also work with the 'Server Name'.

1 hour ago, Repooc said:

@ich777 Does the factorio docker rebuild when new updates are released or do you have to do it manually as it appears that the server is behind a couple versions.  Server is on 0.17.50 and my pc is on .52  No rush as i can force the one on my pc to the older one just curious

Wich tag did you run 'latest'? Since it is not my docker (i've only created the template for it). But from what i see the last version of the docker is 0.17.50.

You can head over to github and create a issue or go to dockerhub and look at the 'Tags' tab wich one is the latest version for the docker Links: Github & DockerHub

But also i want to say, give the maintainer a few days, that is really much work to maintain all of the different versions.

26 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

First time trying this, using 'the Forest' as my first attempt. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. First it says failed to determine free disk space but also says wine32 is missing. I have plenty of disk space available :/

I will look into that, give me a few moments, must install the Docker again...

Where did you put the folder for steamcmd and theforest? If it's in the standard directory you need plenty of space on the cache drives.

I will report back.

Edit1: No problem so far

grafik.png.044816bd82153673e48c210daa1fba15.png

Edit2: @AnyColourYouLike Server is running now, i noticed that i also got the wine32 error but it keeps on and starts the server (since it's a 64bit game it could run without win32 - no need to install it because the docker will even get bigger) attached 2 screenshots.

grafik.png.cdb484247fc57d6b56d28888be824966.png

grafik.png.c2355ec1ef33f1ea83dff2f50d6acecc.png

Edited by ich777
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I will look into that, give me a few moments, must install the Docker again...

Where did you put the folder for steamcmd and theforest? If it's in the standard directory you need plenty of space on the cache drives.

I will report back.

Edit1: No problem so far

I just kept it default /appdata. Same error trying Don't Starve. It seems like an existing issue with steamcmd incorrectly reading 0 bytes available space. I've found several others via google using steam on Linux. Something about a quota. I just found someone else using docker with the same issue albeit with ZFS (I have XFS) They added a command to docker run for a workaround. (I'm not even sure how to do that?)

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

7 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

I just kept it default /appdata. Same error trying Don't Starve. It seems like an existing issue with steamcmd incorrectly reading 0 bytes available space. I've found several others via google using steam on Linux. Something about a quota. I just found someone else using docker with the same issue albeit with ZFS (I have XFS) They added a command to docker run for a workaround. (I'm not even sure how to do that?)

Oh you run your cache on XFS? I've run my cache pool on btrfs and got no problems - almost for 3 years now (i use XFS only for my array drives).

If you want to add this command edit the docker and switch from 'Basic View' to 'Advanced View' in the upper right corner and enter it at the 'Extra Parameters' - only viewable if you enable the Advanced View - like this (i think 10G should do the work for The Forest even less should do it, check the size of the folder for The Forest after the installation and change it to that size even a little bigger and you're good to go):

grafik.png.9aa6515f41ec0eda141791503d20bb1e.png

(I don't know if that works but give it a try)

21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Oh you run your cache on XFS? I've run my cache pool on btrfs and got no problems - almost for 3 years now (i use XFS only for my array drives).

If you want to add this command edit the docker and switch from 'Basic View' to 'Advanced View' in the upper right corner and enter it at the 'Extra Parameters' - only viewable if you enable the Advanced View - like this (i think 10G should do the work for The Forest even less should do it, check the size of the folder for The Forest after the installation and change it to that size even a little bigger and you're good to go):

grafik.png.9aa6515f41ec0eda141791503d20bb1e.png

(I don't know if that works but give it a try)

Ah so that's how you can add commands. I don't have a dedicated cache drive so yeah my appdata is on my main array. Unfortunately that didn't seem to change anything. I'll have to try some more tomorrow, it's getting late. Thanks for being online and so quick to respond.

Edit* I think my issue is in particular to xfs, --storage-op size=X isn't a valid command. Hey now I have an excuse to finally buy a cache drive!

Edited by AnyColourYouLike
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

Ah so that's how you can add commands. I don't have a dedicated cache drive so yeah my appdata is on my main array. Unfortunately that didn't seem to change anything. I'll have to try some more tomorrow, it's getting late. Thanks for being online and so quick to respond.

Edit* I think my issue is in particular to xfs, --storage-op size=X isn't a valid command. Hey now I have an excuse to finally buy a cache drive!

Bad to hear that it's not a valid command but they changed a lot of the commands recently, you will find valid commands on the Dockerhub documentation.

Yes, would recommend to buy a cache drive, a single 500G or 1TB spinning drive should do the work perfectly fine (and nowadays the are not that expensive) but i would recommend you to buy two for redundancy. (Also don't forget to change the appdata setting 'Use Cache' to 'Prefer' so that all data is copied over when the Mover process starts).

Could you please do an Unraid Docker for Minecraft Bedrock Edition? It's the only reliable, well performing server for Bedrock Edition(Nukkit is terrible), and I've been struggling with making my own container for it(I'm very new to Docker) - I can get it to run, but I can't get my preferences to be anywhere accessible, nor can I get it to be persistent. I end up with folders created outside the container, but all interactions going on inside the container, and it's just a big mess.

Very simplistic server, the "bedrock_server" file is a binary you simply run, the settings are stored in "server.preferences" and the default ports it runs on are 19132 (ipv4 over UDP) and 19133 (ipv6 over UDP)

As far as I can tell there's no "graceful" way to shut it down outside of it's own console.

also here's the official icon for the game, which I imagine you'd use if you do make the docker for it:

mc.png

22 minutes ago, kronflux said:

Could you please do an Unraid Docker for Minecraft Bedrock Edition? It's the only reliable, well performing server for Bedrock Edition(Nukkit is terrible), and I've been struggling with making my own container for it(I'm very new to Docker) - I can get it to run, but I can't get my preferences to be anywhere accessible, nor can I get it to be persistent. I end up with folders created outside the container, but all interactions going on inside the container, and it's just a big mess.

Very simplistic server, the "bedrock_server" file is a binary you simply run, the settings are stored in "server.preferences" and the default ports it runs on are 19132 (ipv4 over UDP) and 19133 (ipv6 over UDP)

As far as I can tell there's no "graceful" way to shut it down outside of it's own console.

Hello, yes i will take a look at this in the next few days, but can you explain whats different to the standard minecraft server? Is this a version without java?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Hello, yes i will take a look at this in the next few days, but can you explain whats different to the standard minecraft server? Is this a version without java?

Thanks so much!

Minecraft Bedrock Edition is the Microsoft App Store(Windows 10) version(as well as the Portable Edition, and the XBox One, etc), which is a "separate game" entirely. It's a new engine, and the servers/clients are not cross-platform capable(separate licensing as well). It's written in C++ and is a separate entity. :)

Edited by kronflux
5 hours ago, jango_22 said:

Does the dedicated Minecraft server have a better way of restarting the server other than stopping the server and then restarting the docker? I couldnt figure out where a start script or anything was in order to relaunch the screen.

Hello,

i don't understand the question...

Did you mean how to connect to the Minecraft screen from the console? It's in the description of the docker, type in 'screen -xS Minecraft' (without quotes).

grafik.png.ef6ad8ac0f00ab0c1f0ea1590127b12f.png

Or simply click on the docker icon and on 'Restart'

grafik.png.e447e0a299545d44ea473d4217fe9fae.png

If you need a scheduled restart you can do this with a cronjob in unraid.

If you don't mind me asking for what did you need to restart the container?

23 hours ago, kronflux said:

Thanks so much!

Minecraft Bedrock Edition is the Microsoft App Store(Windows 10) version(as well as the Portable Edition, and the XBox One, etc), which is a "separate game" entirely. It's a new engine, and the servers/clients are not cross-platform capable(separate licensing as well). It's written in C++ and is a separate entity. :)

Is the part for the cross-platform right, you wrote that it's not cross-platform capable...

So this would make no sense to make a server for this if you're on windows if they are not cross-platform capable.

Edit: Uploaded the template and should work fine, tested everything ;)

Should be available in a few hours :)

Edited by ich777
  • Like 1

I apologize for how long it has taken to reply to this.  My priority was getting my kids setup how they wanted, and this allowed me to work a little more with this Docker Image:

On 6/24/2019 at 11:27 PM, bubo said:

Signal 11 caught.
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 57: 71 Segmentation fault ./ShooterGameServer ${MAP}?listen?SessionName=${SERVER_NAME}?ServerPassword=${SRV_PWD}?ServerAdminPassword=${SRV_ADMIN_PWD}${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}

On 6/25/2019 at 2:10 AM, ich777 said:

Where did you put in the -automanagedmods? In the 'Game Parameters' or in the 'Extra Game Parameters' if you put it in the 'Extra Game Parameters' it should work fine.

I have verified that I placed this flag into Extra Game Parameters.  I went ahead and captured the output from when I edit the Docker:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='ARK-TheIsland' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GAME_ID'='376030' -e 'USERNAME'='' -e 'VALIDATE'='' -e 'PASSWRD'='' -e 'MAP'='TheIsland' -e 'SERVER_NAME'='Call-The-Island' -e 'SRV_PWD'='' -e 'SRV_ADMIN_PWD'='ARKAdmin' -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='?Port=7777 ?QueryPort=27015 ?RCONEnabled=True ?RCONPort=27016 ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true ?FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true' -e 'GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA'='-server -log -exclusivejoin -automanagedmods -NoBattlEye -clusterid=call1 -ClusterDirOverride=/serverdata/clusterfiles' -e 'UID'='99' -e 'GID'='100' -p '7777:7777/udp' -p '7778:7778/udp' -p '27015:27015/udp' -p '27016:27016/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd':'/serverdata/steamcmd':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/ark-se/island':'/serverdata/serverfiles':'rw' -v '/mnt/usr/appdata/ark-se/cluster':'/serverdata/clusterfiles':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/steamcmd:arkse' 
30e4fd7cbd207015fc8a7ac69096a52b41cd6befba92f8fe5c4ba03e2a84b864

Whenever I include the -automanagedmods flag, I get this error looping in my log until I stop the Docker image.  Removing only the -automanagedmods flag allows the server to start and run as expected, except it does not check/update the installed mods.

image.thumb.png.3606464a2169e7e01f834f4176c1f523.png

This behavior is consistent across three separate ARK Docker Images.

In addition, if Mods are specified without manually copying the files over then I get the error in my log (the actual value after container: is different depending on the mod(s) specified):

Click again on the log button on the Docker overview page, this is because you changed something in the Docker on Unraid (maybe a 'Game Parameter' or 'Extra Game Parameter' or something else) and it runns now under a differnt Container ID (look at the picture underneath), the log is still there but the ID has changed from '8c4de0864230' to something else so it can't find the log for the Container ID: 8c4de0864230, like above click again on the log button and the window will show the log with the new Container ID.

grafik.png.014a19e10ea7496bff6bbe4c16abc17f.png

I apologize, I probably mixed things up while I was performing my initial troubleshooting.  You are correct about this error.

I will look into that but if you specify another name in the ini file doesn't it overwrite the server name from the docker (i actually don't know...)?

From what I've observed in my continued testing of this issue, the ini file entries do not make any changes to the Docker config.  Rather, whenever an edit is performed to the Docker config it pushes changes into the ini file that overwrite the existing setting.  Honestly, I think this is preferable in most cases since I see most users working with the Docker config rather than going to the ini file.

That said, my testing consistently results in only the first word being pushed to the ini file when a space is involved.  What is strange is that the docker output when you save changes is capturing the entire field, so I suspect that something is happening either when the variable is passed to the startup script or somewhere within the script.  Replacing spaces with underscores or dashes solves the problem, unless you prefer spaces in the name.

One thing that also seems to happen is that the Docker config is overwriting the MaxPlayers field with the value of 70.  I like to keep mine capped at 10 players, but the Docker keeps overwriting the ini field with 70 instead.  I don't observe an entry in the Docker settings, so I'm not sure where I can adjust that behavior.

[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
MaxPlayers=70

This is also a thing i must look into, should be possible but i thought for security reasons i implimet it so that it has to be in (You could also try to disable that this field is required - go to the docker page edit the ark docker, click on 'Advanced View' on the top left, click on edit at 'Server Password' and change required from Yes to No and then leave it blank - but keep in mind i don't know if that works if it works it will eventually also work with the 'Server Name'.

Thank you!  I did not know you could change required fields in Docker images like this.  That worked perfectly, and seems to me to be the preferable method since my use case is pretty unusual.

On a more positive note, I did manage to get my cluster directory to work to allow for CrossARK transfers.  I intend to write a guide for setting up multiple maps via your Docker (mainly because it involves complete removal of the default UDP ports and rebuilding them to different values), and how to get CrossARK Transfers to work.  I'm hoping that Jo7410 would be willing to review it since they have also built multiple servers and clustering, then I'll share it.

Edited by bubo
2 hours ago, bubo said:

Whenever I include the -automanagedmods flag, I get this error looping in my log until I stop the Docker image.  Removing only the -automanagedmods flag allows the server to start and run as expected, except it does not check/update the installed mods.

Please look at this post *click* i think this is more of an ARK error than one from the docker (i know this post is a little bit old but should be recent enough).

2 hours ago, bubo said:

One thing that also seems to happen is that the Docker config is overwriting the MaxPlayers field with the value of 70.  I like to keep mine capped at 10 players, but the Docker keeps overwriting the ini field with 70 instead.  I don't observe an entry in the Docker settings, so I'm not sure where I can adjust that behavior.

Like the discription of the Game Parameters say you could always use the it directly in the start parameters. For example:

grafik.png.fa7bebd66342ba486c29b9ea9943a826.png

2 hours ago, bubo said:

From what I've observed in my continued testing of this issue, the ini file entries do not make any changes to the Docker config.  Rather, whenever an edit is performed to the Docker config it pushes changes into the ini file that overwrite the existing setting.  Honestly, I think this is preferable in most cases since I see most users working with the Docker config rather than going to the ini file.

In wich directory did you put your ini file?

2 hours ago, bubo said:

That said, my testing consistently results in only the first word being pushed to the ini file when a space is involved.  What is strange is that the docker output when you save changes is capturing the entire field, so I suspect that something is happening either when the variable is passed to the startup script or somewhere within the script.  Replacing spaces with underscores or dashes solves the problem, unless you prefer spaces in the name.

That's a normal behavoir since it doesn't allow spaces in the startup paramters, i will look into that if it's easily fixable without breaking things for other people who run the docker.

2 hours ago, bubo said:

Thank you!  I did not know you could change required fields in Docker images like this.  That worked perfectly, and seems to me to be the preferable method since my use case is pretty unusual.

Can you also try that for the servername please, eventually it will your servername from the ini file up if you leave it also blank...?

Also a lot more investigation is needed why it doesn't pick up your ini file eventually @Jo7410 can help a little bit with that also because i don't personaly run an ARK server and i'm not 100% familiar with it?

And thank you appreciate that.

Edit: I think it will be better you change your clusterfiles directory to /serverdata/serverfiles/clusterfiles or a completely different directory that is actually not in use like /mnt/clusterfiles

Edited by ich777

35 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please look at this post *click* i think this is more of an ARK error than one from the docker (i know this post is a little bit old but should be recent enough).

Interesting.  I've always used the ARK Server Tools by FezVrasta so I was not aware of the issue with -automanagedmods.  The Wiki page at the end has a solution involving symlinks, and I will likely play with that this weekend to see if it is successful inside of the Docker.

Like the discription of the Game Parameters say you could always use the it directly in the start parameters. For example:

grafik.png.fa7bebd66342ba486c29b9ea9943a826.png

I've just added the ?MaxPlayers=10 line in my Game Parameters, edited my ini file to 20 so I can observe what change is made and restarted.  The Docker has changed max players to 70 again.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='ARK-Aberration' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GAME_ID'='376030' -e 'USERNAME'='' -e 'VALIDATE'='' -e 'PASSWRD'='' -e 'MAP'='Aberration_P' -e 'SERVER_NAME'='' -e 'SRV_PWD'='' -e 'SRV_ADMIN_PWD'='ARKAdmin' -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='?Port=7781 ?QueryPort=27015 ?RCONEnabled=True ?RCONPort=27020 ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true ?FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true ?MaxPlayers=10' -e 'GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA'='-server -log -exclusivejoin -NoBattlEye -clusterid=call1 -ClusterDirOverride=/serverdata/clusterfiles' -e 'UID'='99' -e 'GID'='100' -p '27020:27020/tcp' -p '7781:7781/udp' -p '7782:7782/tcp' -p '27019:27015/udp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd':'/serverdata/steamcmd':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/ark-se/aberration':'/serverdata/serverfiles':'rw' -v '/mnt/usr/appdata/ark-se/cluster':'/serverdata/clusterfiles':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/steamcmd:arkse' 

In wich directory did you put your ini file?

\ark-se\aberration\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxServer\GameUserSettings.ini

That's a normal behavoir since it doesn't allow spaces in the startup paramters, i will look into that if it's easily fixable without breaking things for other people who run the docker.

Can you also try that for the servername please, eventually it will your servername from the ini file up if you leave it also blank...?

That does not surprise me about not allowing spaces, but if this is not easily fixable then it may be of benefit to add a note to the Description text about no spaces because many ARK servers in the public list have spaces.  Perhaps:

Spaces are not permitted in this field.

Container Variable: SERVER_NAME

That said, I did try disabling the required field flag from the Advanced view.  After changing the name in the INI to include spaces and leaving the Docker config empty, this worked perfectly.  Thank you!

However, it did not push the Server name back into the Docker config.  The field remains empty.

Edited by bubo
Added note about not pushing the Server name back into the Docker config.
8 hours ago, bubo said:

The Wiki page at the end has a solution involving symlinks, and I will likely play with that this weekend to see if it is successful inside of the Docker.

If this is necessary keep me updated this is a thing that i could easily change (i've only taken a quick look at the wiki page...).

8 hours ago, bubo said:

'GAME_PARAMS'='?Port=7781 ?QueryPort=27015 ?RCONEnabled=True ?RCONPort=27020 ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true ?FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true ?MaxPlayers=10'

I've also noticed that you make spaces in your game parameters (the description say's seperated with ?, but i think that's not 100% clear), don't put spaces in there, the game parameters must be like this: '?Port=7781?QueryPort=27015?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=27020?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true?FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true?MaxPlayers=10'

(from what i've read in the ARK documentation)

8 hours ago, bubo said:

\ark-se\aberration\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxServer\GameUserSettings.ini

Please try to correct the game parameters eventually this is the problem...

8 hours ago, bubo said:

That does not surprise me about not allowing spaces, but if this is not easily fixable then it may be of benefit to add a note to the Description text about no spaces because many ARK servers in the public list have spaces.

Yep, i will do that but i want to solve all your problems first and then change the docker and the template.

8 hours ago, bubo said:

However, it did not push the Server name back into the Docker config.  The field remains empty.

Yes because i changed all my templates to not push the old settings back if completely deleted or left blank.

8 hours ago, bubo said:

That said, I did try disabling the required field flag from the Advanced view.  After changing the name in the INI to include spaces and leaving the Docker config empty, this worked perfectly.  Thank you!

Is the problem solved with the servername? Then i will change the discription like two comments above and add a note that if you want the name from the ini file you have to leave that empty.

56 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I've also noticed that you make spaces in your game parameters (the description say's seperated with ?, but i think that's not 100% clear), don't put spaces in there, the game parameters must be like this: '?Port=7781?QueryPort=27015?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=27020?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true?FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=true?MaxPlayers=10'

(from what i've read in the ARK documentation)

That is correct per the ARK command line.  However, the Docker gives the same looping error on startup as when I use the -automanagedmods flag if I do not have the spaces in there.  I noticed on @Jo7410 's post that they were using spaces before the ? and when I added spaces to mine the looping error was resolved.

OK, this is strange.  The looping error was the first major problem I encountered the first time I used the Docker, and it was resolved by adding spaces to the Game Parameters field like I saw in @Jo7410's screenshot.  I tried removing the spaces just now so that I could capture the error and Docker build message, and everything worked just fine.  I cannot explain it.

Please try to correct the game parameters eventually this is the problem...

I'm not understanding what needs to be corrected here.  The INI file location is where the ARK software sets it up at.

Is the problem solved with the servername? Then i will change the discription like two comments above and add a note that if you want the name from the ini file you have to leave that empty.

Yes, by changing the required setting and leaving the field blank my issue is resolved.  Thank you for your assistance so far, and thank you for building this Docker image!

Edited by bubo
Updated the Game Parameter's discussion.
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, bubo said:

However, the Docker gives the same looping error on startup as when I use the -automanagedmods flag if I do not have the spaces in there.  I noticed on @Jo7410 's post that they were using spaces before the

No, not in the 'Extra Game Parameters' there must be spaces eg: '-log -automanagemods'.

Spaces are not allowed in the 'Game Parameters'

That is correct per the ARK command line.

These two Variables 'Game Parameters' and 'Extra Game Parameters' are the command line, it's added to the start command of the server.

OK, this is strange.  The looping error was the first major problem I encountered the first time I used the Docker, and it was resolved by adding spaces to the Game Parameters field like I saw in @Jo7410's screenshot.  I tried removing the spaces just now so that I could capture the error and Docker build message, and everything worked just fine.  I cannot explain it. 

Eventually there was a typo or some other kind of error and the server went to a looping state (if you put a false command in there where the server can't start it will loop forever).

I'm not understanding what needs to be corrected here.  The INI file location is where the ARK software sets it up at.

My bad, want to say that you should remove the space from the 'Game Parameters' and hopefully this will solve the other problem with the ini file. ;)

Yes, by changing the required setting and leaving the field blank my issue is resolved.  Thank you for your assistance so far, and thank you for building this Docker image!

Then i will change the template (description of the two variables and the required mark).

Edit: One question have you changed the cluster directory to /mnt/clusterfiles or anything like that or did you leave it where it was /serverdata/clusterfiles

Edited by ich777
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Edit: One question have you changed the cluster directory to /mnt/clusterfiles or anything like that or did you leave it where it was /serverdata/clusterfiles

I did change it to /serverdata/serverfiles/clusterfiles/

However, I don't see any issue with /mnt/clusterfiles either.  It does need to have a note in the description to the effect of:

This directory is used for CrossARK transfers when running multiple servers.  The directory needs to be the same in each server that is enabled for CrossARK transfers.