[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, bubo said:

I did change it to /serverdata/serverfiles/clusterfiles/

However, I don't see any issue with /mnt/clusterfiles either.  It does need to have a note in the description to the effect of:

This directory is used for CrossARK transfers when running multiple servers.  The directory needs to be the same in each server that is enabled for CrossARK transfers.

Very good i think the main problem was that you used firstly the /serverdata/clusterfiles directory since this can and change the dockers behaviour.

But i think i don't will add that to my template because that's a modification for the server and i make only vanilla servers, all mods or anything else is up to the user.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:31 PM, ich777 said:

Sorry but i am not able to find a good documentation how to set up Barotrauma as a headless Linux dedicated server.

If you can provide me more information how to set up the files and where to get them i can look further into that (i've found a little bit on github and a little bit on the forum from 2017 also the youtube videos are outdated... 🙈 ).

With the information that i've found it's not possible for me to make such a docker...

@Freyer I've now buyed Barotrauma (thank you stranger for the donation) and finaly been able to make a Docker. The Docker should be up in the next few hours.

❤️

On 6/27/2019 at 12:07 AM, ich777 said:

Is the part for the cross-platform right, you wrote that it's not cross-platform capable...

So this would make no sense to make a server for this if you're on windows if they are not cross-platform capable.

Edit: Uploaded the template and should work fine, tested everything ;)

Should be available in a few hours :)

So far so good! THANK YOU SO MUCH :D❤️ 

On 6/20/2019 at 9:27 PM, Jo7410 said:

@ich777 First of all thanks for the time you are investing in these Docker and the support. 

I tried you sugestion and uninstalled the 'Fix Common Problems' pluging, but didn't seems to do any change. 

Actually i was wrong i also tried to restart and Stop the Docker a few time and it seem like this is happening randomly, at either stop / restart of the docker or the reboot of my unraid server '' wich make sense since the docker are closed in the process '' one of my friend also tried to do it on is own Unraid and everything was fine untile the first reboot of the Unraid server and since then he's having the same issue. 

Here is what it look like when it happen  ( https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/267771026845204481/586005982123917314/unknown.png )unknown.png

In Port Mapping you can see on the Left that everything took back the original Port, while on the Right it should be the port i wanted them to use

This is getting Really Weird.

What did you use for settings to get them in a cluster? 

11 minutes ago, deaerator said:

What did you use for settings to get them in a cluster? 

1.  Make sure your different servers are up and running, and that you can see them all at the same time from your in game server browser.

2.  Add a new path to the docker settings for the Cluster directory.  This should be pointing to the same directory for each of your servers:

image.png.1fa248bf148dcf2ffc2738850b489504.png

image.thumb.png.af91f84d0c21a040976ecb99bd4feae1.png

3.  Add the Cluster ID and Cluster Dir Override flags to your Extra Game Parameters field.  I use "call1" for my Cluster ID, but this can be anything you prefer.  My flags look like:

-clusterid=call1 -ClusterDirOverride=/serverdata/serverfiles/clusterfiles

Edited by bubo
1 hour ago, bubo said:

1.  Make sure your different servers are up and running, and that you can see them all at the same time from your in game server browser.

2.  Add a new path to the docker settings for the Cluster directory.  This should be pointing to the same directory for each of your servers:

image.png.1fa248bf148dcf2ffc2738850b489504.png

image.thumb.png.af91f84d0c21a040976ecb99bd4feae1.png

3.  Add the Cluster ID and Cluster Dir Override flags to your Extra Game Parameters field.  I use "call1" for my Cluster ID, but this can be anything you prefer.  My flags look like:

-clusterid=call1 -ClusterDirOverride=/serverdata/serverfiles/clusterfiles

Thank you

One more question

How many cores are you allocating for each Ark Server?

Why do you have the template setup to be using /mnt/user instead of /mnt/cache?

Edited by deaerator
Another Question
4 hours ago, deaerator said:

Thank you

One more question

How many cores are you allocating for each Ark Server?

Why do you have the template setup to be using /mnt/user instead of /mnt/cache?

I am just allowing Docker to manage core allocation.  What I'm observing is that after the server finishes startup procedures, each map is consuming less than 0.5% on idle and less than 2% on load (it's just me and my boys playing).  My concern is more the RAM usage.

I used /mnt/user because that was the default in this Docker, and I wanted the cluster directory to be in the same directory as the map serverfiles.  I don't know if there is a significance between /mnt/user and /mnt/cache in this usage scenario.

/mnt/cache/appdata will create a directory on the cache if your appdata is located on the aray (i think that's not in many installations the case)

/mnt/user/appdata will take the configured settings and disks on the shares tab for the appdata folder

49 minutes ago, deaerator said:

Where is this directory "GameUserSettings.ini" for Ark.

It is located at <ServerFiles location>\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxServer

So, for my Aberration map, it is located at:

ServerFiles Location:  /mnt/user/appdata/ark-se/aberration

\appdata\ark-se\aberration\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxServer

Edited by bubo

@ich777

I have  request for your Ark SE docker xml file, can it be more flexible in the ports.  I want to set up a cluster and in order to do that, I discovered that the container port and external port needs to be the same, and on your template you have it greyed out so we cannot change it.  Can you adjust so that the user can change internal port also.  

41 minutes ago, deaerator said:

@ich777

I have  request for your Ark SE docker xml file, can it be more flexible in the ports.  I want to set up a cluster and in order to do that, I discovered that the container port and external port needs to be the same, and on your template you have it greyed out so we cannot change it.  Can you adjust so that the user can change internal port also.  

Sorry but thats not me who grays out the port numbers, thats a common behavoir.

Btw have you read the description of the first udp port? It says that you must delete the port and create a new one (if you do that and start the docker edit the docker again and you will see that the port that you've created is greyed out too).

Please read corefully the discription of my dockers that's allready a part of the discription of the ports ;)

I can't do anything about this behavoir, thats why i wrote it in the discription of the port. ;)

(Btw i wrote this to the discription for the udp ports for all my dockers)

In other words, delete my port, create a new one with the right protocoll and the right port numbers and you're good to go. ;)

Edited by ich777
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but thats not me who grays out the port numbers, thats a common behavoir.

Btw have you read the description of the first udp port? It says that you must delete the port and create a new one (if you do that and start the docker edit the docker again and you will see that the port that you've created is greyed out too).

Please read corefully the discription of my dockers that's allready a part of the discription of the ports ;)

I can't do anything about this behavoir, thats why i wrote it in the discription of the port. ;)

(Btw i wrote this to the discription for the udp ports for all my dockers)

In other words, delete my port, create a new one with the right protocoll and the right port numbers and you're good to go. ;)

Adding on to what ich777 said, when you change the ports it is in your best interest to recreate all four ports.

The UDP ports are needed to connect to the game.

The RCON port technically is optional, but if you want to use any RCON tools then they are needed.

Steam UDP technically works with the internal ports all set to 27015 in the sense that you can see and connect to your server when you are browsing for your server.  However, CrossARK transfers cannot see the other servers if their Steam UDP ports are the same as the map you are currently on.  If you can see your server from the initial connect screen but cannot see the server for CrossARK transfer after setting the ClusterFile correctly, then check to make sure the Container Port for Steam UDP is not the same on both maps.

Edited by bubo
On 6/14/2019 at 4:58 AM, atithasos said:

I manage to work with forge..

you have done great work....

I appreciate your help.

As for spigot server i do not know a lot.. I tried local but as I saw it wants only mods from the site and not some that i want...

Can you share what you did to get it working? im trying to get RAD modpack to work but server is shutting down during init...something about content ids

Edited by henkim21
19 minutes ago, henkim21 said:

Can you share what you did to get it working? im trying to get RAD modpack to work but server is shutting down during init...something about content ids

Then something with the modpack is wrong, can you try if the server is running as expected on a normal pc and not on unraid?

Ou can always setup your server on your pc, see if it is running and then copy over the files to your unraid minecraft directory.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Then something with the modpack is wrong, can you try if the server is running as expected on a normal pc and not on unraid?

Ou can always setup your server on your pc, see if it is running and then copy over the files to your unraid minecraft directory.

Thanks, I just finished testing that now. Seems to work on my mac.  Any logs or anything I could provide to you to try to narrow this down? Appreciate the support, thanks.

Anything docker specific that I should keep in the minecraft folder before copying files over? I assume runtime folder is needed for java resources

Edited by henkim21
35 minutes ago, henkim21 said:

Thanks, I just finished testing that now. Seems to work on my mac.  Any logs or anything I could provide to you to try to narrow this down? Appreciate the support, thanks.

Anything docker specific that I should keep in the minecraft folder before copying files over? I assume runtime folder is needed for java resources

No nothing special, the runtime will be downloaded if the folder is not found.

You only have to configure everything right in tge docker template, serverfilename...

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No nothing special, the runtime will be downloaded if the folder is not found.

You only have to configure everything right in tge docker template, serverfilename...

odd...something about the modpack doesnt work with this docker...but works on pc/mac. havent tried on a linux session..

this is the modpack for reference if anyone has gotten it to work.. https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/roguelike-adventures-and-dungeons

Excerpt from error log from docker log:

[23:35:28] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Registry Personality: Override did not have an associated owner object. Name: livingenchantment:??? Value: livingenchantment:???
[23:35:28] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Registry Personality: Override did not have an associated owner object. Name: livingenchantment:??? Value: livingenchantment:???
[23:35:28] [Server thread/ERROR] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Encountered an unexpected exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: One of more entry values did not copy to the correct id. Check log for details!
at net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry.sync(ForgeRegistry.java:549) ~[ForgeRegistry.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData.loadRegistry(GameData.java:596) ~[GameData.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.registries.GameData.freezeData(GameData.java:249) ~[GameData.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:753) ~[Loader.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.finishServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:108) ~[FMLServerHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStarted(FMLCommonHandler.java:338) ~[FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:219) ~[nz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:486) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_211]
[23:35:28] [Server thread/ERROR] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: This crash report has been saved to: /serverdata/serverfiles/./crash-reports/crash-2019-06-30_23.35.28-server.txt
[23:35:28] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Stopping server
[23:35:28] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Saving worlds
[23:35:28] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_ABOUT_TO_START and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
[23:35:28] [Server Shutdown Thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Stopping server
[23:35:28] [Server Shutdown Thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Saving worlds

included my docker setup too. Thanks to anyone who might be able to help! :)

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 11.59.40 PM.png

Edited by henkim21
1 hour ago, henkim21 said:

odd...something about the modpack doesnt work with this docker...but works on pc/mac. havent tried on a linux session..

this is the modpack for reference if anyone has gotten it to work.. https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/roguelike-adventures-and-dungeons

I will look into this in a few hours.

@henkim21 For me the server works just fine, here is my configuration from the docker, have you also put in the Extra Game Parameters?

grafik.thumb.png.54939b662a878747b6352c5b9ec78497.png

What i've done:

• Install the docker and change the serverfilename to: 'forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2831-universal' (configure the ports to your needs and set Accept EULA to 'true')
  • After the docker installed the runtime and displays a error in the log stop the docker
  • Delete the minecraft.jar that the server downloaded.
  • Download and install your modpack: Link
  • Edit the docker again and fill Extra Game Parameters with: '-xx:PermSize=256m' change the XMS and XMX Size to '2048' and '4096' and click on 'Apply' (everything without quotes).
  • Open the logs and wait for it to say something about the EULA and that you should restart the docker again.
  • Restart the Docker ;)
  • ...and Boooom there you go... it works (in my case) :D

Try these stepps and report back.

Edited by ich777
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

I will look into this in a few hours.

@henkim21 For me the server works just fine, here is my configuration from the docker, have you also put in the Extra Game Parameters?

grafik.thumb.png.54939b662a878747b6352c5b9ec78497.png

What i've done:

• Install the docker and change the serverfilename to: 'forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2831-universal' (configure the ports to your needs and set Accept EULA to 'true')
  •  After the docker installed the runtime and displays a error in the log stop the docker
  • Delete the minecraft.jar that the server downloaded.
  • Download and install your modpack: Link
  • Edit the docker again and fill Extra Game Parameters with: '-xx:PermSize=256m' change the XMS and XMX Size to '2048' and '4096' and click on 'Apply' (everything without quotes).
  • Open the logs and wait for it to say something about the EULA and that you should restart the docker again.
  • Restart the Docker ;)
  • ...and Boooom there you go... it works (in my case) :D

Try these stepps and report back.

Just tried these steps. Thank you for your support, really appreciate. I copied my files over and when I start the docker, it keeps trying to download a new version of the MC server executable even though I've got minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar in the folder... :(

Log:

---Checking for 'runtime' folder---
---runtime folder found---
---Checking if Runtime is installed---
---Runtime found---
---Checking for Minecraft Server executable ---
---Downloading Minecraft Server 1.14.1---
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Something went wrong, please install Minecraft Server manually. Putting server into sleep mode---
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you say download and install your modpack, I am just downloading the serverpack and copying it over.  Does that mirror what you did in that step?

Edited by henkim21
4 hours ago, henkim21 said:

I've got minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar in the folder... :(

Yeah then you've don't edited the serverfilename like i mentioned above (it must be the named like the forge jar). But you've also got the forge jar in the folder?

Are you sure you've downloaded the server and not the client version?

Please try to download the version that i've linked above.

Do everything step by step then it should work just fine.

Edited by ich777
4 hours ago, henkim21 said:

When you say download and install your modpack, I am just downloading the serverpack and copying it over.  Does that mirror what you did in that step?

Download it from the link that i've provided and extract it to the server directory (be sure that you've once started the docker and do it's thing, than there will be the error that something went wrong, stop the docker, delete the server.jar in the docker, extract the downloaded serverfiles to the server directory and start the docker - please be sure that you edited the settings on the dockerpage right!)

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Download it from the link that i've provided and extract it to the server directory (be sure that you've once started the docker and do it's thing, than there will be the error that something went wrong, stop the docker, delete the server.jar in the docker, extract the downloaded serverfiles to the server directory and start the docker - please be sure that you edited the settings on the dockerpage right!)

yes thats exactly what i've done. bothe forge....jar and mincraft_server.jar is in ther. that's how it came in the serverpack from the download link. the docker setting is matching the forge...jar

40 minutes ago, henkim21 said:

yes thats exactly what i've done. bothe forge....jar and mincraft_server.jar is in ther. that's how it came in the serverpack from the download link. the docker setting is matching the forge...jar

Can you please post a few pictures from your docker template screen and also from ypur server directory.

I have no problem with this modpack and didn't understand why it doesn't run on your unraid server.