[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hi Guys, i have sucessfully set up a Minecraft Spigot Server And i wonder if somone here would be able to help me out. 

Here is some problem i've been running into :

#1 -  Every 5 Minutes ( What seems to be Automatic Save )

Every single user on the server experience a huge rubber band something like 10 or 20 seconde while nobody can do anything.

*Note that this was happening with the Java version available on Mojang website

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 - If i use the command /save-all : ( The auto save doesn't create this problem but take us back to problem #1)
The Server Crash and need to reboot the docker

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 - Every day at 3:40 AM  ( Eastern Time ) The Server Crash : I've uploaded the server log of lastnight crash

Let me know if you anybody can help me, and ofcourse if you need more information about the server i can give it.

Server Hardware

Dual Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 @2.00Ghz

80 G or Ram ( DDR3 ECC ) 20 are used for the Server

2x Internet Interface 1000 Mbps  ( ISP : 1Gbs )  

Server files and docker are stored on my Cache Pool ( Raid0 made with 2 SSD  Kingston 240gb ) 

*In my mind i should not experience any Lag From my hardware

Here is the Docker Setting

1382741004_serversetting.thumb.png.cd59190003d986e68e8a21a3b05cc6a7.png

I hope you guys gonna be able to help me, cause my players want move to a paid host for this and... i don't really feel like paying 20$ a month for a Minecraft server when i have something at home that should be able to run it Flawlesly.

Thanks

Docker Server log.txt latest log.log Command Save-All Crash.txt server.properties masterLog (3).0 spigot.yml

Edited by Jo7410
1 hour ago, Jo7410 said:

Hi Guys, i have sucessfully set up a Minecraft Spigot Server And i wonder if somone here would be able to help me out. 

Every single user on the server experience a huge rubber band something like 10 or 20 seconde while nobody can do anything.

#2 - If i use the command /save-all : ( The auto save doesn't create this problem but take us back to problem #1)

I do not play or host Minecraft, so take my comments with caution.

Based on your problem descriptions, my initial suspicion is with the server software itself, not the Docker container.  Performing a Google search for "minecraft spigot lag on save" produces a great many reports of this issue over at least 4 years at www.spigotmc.org alongside with their recommendations for trying to alleviate it.  This seems to be a recurring issue with Minecraft Spigot servers.

Have you run a Minecraft Spigot server outside of Docker on your machine before, and have you followed any of the recommendations at www.spigotmc.org yet?

21 minutes ago, bubo said:

I do not play or host Minecraft, so take my comments with caution.

Based on your problem descriptions, my initial suspicion is with the server software itself, not the Docker container.  Performing a Google search for "minecraft spigot lag on save" produces a great many reports of this issue over at least 4 years at www.spigotmc.org alongside with their recommendations for trying to alleviate it.  This seems to be a recurring issue with Minecraft Spigot servers.

Have you run a Minecraft Spigot server outside of Docker on your machine before, and have you followed any of the recommendations at www.spigotmc.org yet?

Thanks for your answer, i was running into the same issue on the official Minecraft Java Version available on mojang's website. 

But it is true that i havent try running these 2 version of the server on my local computer. I will give this suggestion a Try since this would only take few minutes to try. 

I will keep you informed once i get home.

35 minutes ago, joonizz said:

Hey, another minecraft server question here.

I´ve been trying to set up a Tekxit 3 server and everytime it starts it loads all the mods and everyting and then it shuts down the server.

I have tried to launch the server on my pc and everyting worked then.

Can you share your logs from the point of shut down? 

does anyone know how to fix this 

---Update SteamCMD---
WARNING: setlocale('en_US.UTF-8') failed, using locale: 'C'. International characters may not work.
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
WARNING: setlocale('en_US.UTF-8') failed, using locale: 'C'. International characters may not work.

3 hours ago, FT4LSIN said:

does anyone know how to fix this 

---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---

Is this causing a problem in your Docker?

This error simply means that the en_US.UTF-8 locale is not configured.  The Docker dev is from Austria, so it's probably using the Austrian locale instead of the US locale.  That said, I've not seen any issues aside from that warning in any of my deployments.

Edited by bubo
6 hours ago, joonizz said:

I apologize for taking so long to get back to this.

Looking in latest.log, I am seeing this segment at the end:

[22:50:30] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Loading properties
[22:50:30] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[22:50:30] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Generating keypair
[22:50:31] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.137:25565
[22:50:31] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem]: Using default channel type
[22:50:31] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
[22:50:31] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
[22:50:31] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
[22:50:31] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Stopping server
[22:50:31] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Saving worlds

Can you try changing the port on your server/docker?

20 hours ago, Newtious said:

258550 is not available to buy in the steam marketplace..  its rust dedicated server..    when it logs me in to with your docker it shows up as no subscription..    I own a copy of rust .. just not rust server..   and cant buy it? 

This really sounds like a Steam side issue, but can you post your log with this error in it?

3 hours ago, bubo said:

I apologize for taking so long to get back to this.

Looking in latest.log, I am seeing this segment at the end:

[22:50:30] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Loading properties
[22:50:30] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[22:50:30] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Generating keypair
[22:50:31] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.137:25565
[22:50:31] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem]: Using default channel type
[22:50:31] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
[22:50:31] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
[22:50:31] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
[22:50:31] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Stopping server
[22:50:31] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Saving worlds

Can you try changing the port on your server/docker?

I saw this, I´ve tried changing ports and nothing changed the same warning still comes upp and the surver shuts down

Sorry that it take ages to look at my thread and the your questions, but in the summer time i've got really not much spare time for almost everything... :/

Also i'm sorry that this is a longer answer but i've tried to anser every question that you've all asked... Please feel free to wite me a PM but the answer could also take some time since i'm really out of time atm.

6 hours ago, FT4LSIN said:

This isn't really an error, just as it say's it's a WARNING, i didn't set up the locales since it saves space in the docker and keep it small. Everything should just work fine with this warning.

9 hours ago, joonizz said:

These are the logs in my minecraft folder 

latest.log 189.83 kB · 1 download debug.log 1.43 MB · 1 download

Yes, something with the port's inside the docker is misconfigured, check your server.properties against your already allocated ports.

Have you a second Minecraft server on your Unraid server?

14 hours ago, Jo7410 said:

Thanks for your answer, i was running into the same issue on the official Minecraft Java Version available on mojang's website. 

But it is true that i havent try running these 2 version of the server on my local computer. I will give this suggestion a Try since this would only take few minutes to try. 

This is an issue with minecraft itself i can not really explane it but it in my case with two Minecraft server running it goes away after a day and everything works as expected.

On 8/1/2019 at 5:25 AM, Boose77 said:

I know you're probably getting bombarded but could you create one for Conan: Exiles if you feel like it?

Yes i will look into it and report back. ;)

On 7/31/2019 at 8:17 AM, Titus said:

after uninstalling CSGO I keep getting this every 10 seconds

Jul 30 23:16:03 TOWER nginx: 2019/07/30 23:16:02 [crit] 20037#20037: *579 connect() to unix:/var/tmp/CSGO.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.173.1, server: , request: "GET /dockerterminal/CSGO/ws HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://unix:/var/tmp/CSGO.sock:/ws", host: "TOWER.local"

Where did you get that? How did you install it? In the normal Unraid log or in the log from the Docker? I think that there is a general problem with the Dockers on your server. Have you other Containers running? Did you change something from the CSGO template?

On 7/30/2019 at 10:47 AM, dfox1787 said:

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

The first line say's that the game couldn't find a running instance of Steam but that's only a warning.

The second line means that the game is running and waiting for connectins.

Please search the topic for 'ARK' you will find that you MUST open the ports on your router so that the ARK main server can communicate with your server that you can see the server.

This means that you server has to be right configured to show up in the online list!

On 7/27/2019 at 6:44 PM, bubo said:

Once we can confirm how 0.7.0 is supposed to launch the server, then we'll have to wait for @ich777 to have time to rebuild the Docker to match it (assuming there is a new method other than colonyserverdedicated.exe).  Doing these checks for him should reduce the time/load needed to get it working.

What do i have to do or what is the exact error? They have changed the executable?

On 7/27/2019 at 5:30 PM, Masterism said:

The only file in the linux64 folder is a file named "steamclient.so*". I also have validate installation set to true and have removed and re-"installed" the container, along with also removing container with image to do a full redownload.

I will look into this as i said one answer above... ;)

On 7/26/2019 at 8:03 AM, IaMs12 said:

Thanks for all the work on the dockers! Just getting my first Unraid server setup and trying to get the Minecraft one all set. I was wondering though are the game server dockers safe to open to the outside internet so that my friends can join from their home?

I've tried following Spaceinvaders reverse proxy video to apply that to the MinecraftBasicServer docker but my friends are failing to connect from their home. Works great on LAN though directly connecting through the LAN IP!

Would greatly appreciate any advice!

Yes, my dockers are 'safe' (nothing is safe these days but as this runs in a container not as root everything should be alright) and you can configure your router/firewall that it point's to the internal port of your server and ip, you don't have to reverse proxy anything since there is running only that 'service' inside the container.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:53 AM, Cozmo85 said:

Any way you could do one for quake live?

Yes, i will also look into that.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:58 PM, SH4LT1S said:

how can i launch terraria server with mods?

Download the Terraria-TShock version.

On 7/20/2019 at 10:51 AM, QuantumMechanic said:

I have a question about OpenTTD - what do I need to do to make the server load the last autosave when the server restarts? I can't find any documentation for this. Thanks.

Oh, doesn't it load the last savegame? Maybe @mikeydk can help?

On 7/19/2019 at 10:07 PM, ridge said:

...that I somehow managed to get into the field through copy/pasting the path from this forum (which goes to show you should be very careful when copy/pasting from the web). You'd never know the unicode was there by looking at the path in the web panel - it was only by checking the XML files themselves that I was able to see the problem. Deleted the stray unicode, deleted the clusterfiles folder, restarted the dockers, and they recreated the clusterfiles folder with a valid path, and everything worked!

Is your problem now solved?

On 7/17/2019 at 6:11 AM, Atomic Bomb said:

Hey ich, can you make a docker for SCP:SL 

Yes, will look into that.

23 hours ago, Newtious said:

258550 is not available to buy in the steam marketplace..  its rust dedicated server..    when it logs me in to with your docker it shows up as no subscription..    I own a copy of rust .. just not rust server..   and cant buy it? 

You don't have to buy that, it's just the app id for the dedicated server.

Have you entered a steamusername or password? You don't have to...

In my case the download works just fine.

grafik.png.daedcbcafe6f5a681dbe1f9cc105ad10.png

16 hours ago, Jo7410 said:

#3 - Every day at 3:40 AM  ( Eastern Time ) The Server Crash : I've uploaded the server log of lastnight crash

I have similar hardware Dual Xeons 2670 64GB RAM... and have the exact same 'problems' #1 This should dissapear after a certain amount of time (in my case it is); #2 I think that's a Minecraft problem (also did you use the vanilla minecraft jar or bukkit?); #3 Have you installed the AutoBackup plugin from the community apps? Can it be that this stops the docker and this is the error?

You can also try to install a new java version to the docker eventually it wil solve the issues.

I've run minecraft servers for a long time on this hardware (not only on unraid) and the errors are everytime the same, look at the logs is it possible that you get the 'Can't keep up is the server...' error?

57 minutes ago, joonizz said:

I saw this, I´ve tried changing ports and nothing changed the same warning still comes upp and the surver shuts down

Can you please post your server.properties and the allocated ports from your dockers within unraid?

Also please post your configuration for this docker from unraid.

Edited by ich777
30 minutes ago, joonizz said:

Here is my server.properties file, docker config och the ports my dockers are using.

Don't enter a server ip in server.properties and it will work.

Just leave it blank after the =

Edited by ich777

Hi Ich777, Forum will not let me post for some reason, always ended in a hidden post and a "you reached your maximum posts" warning so I made another account and inserted the below as asked :)

First, thanks for work on this.

I have the Day Of Defeat Source steamcmd docker and all works well including MetaMod Source and SourceMod.

Also have tried TF2 and Half Life 2 Deathmatch.

One thing I cannot get to work with those three Dockers is a MetaMod plugin called RCBot2, fantastic for a small LAN party as it boosts up the server numbers on those three games if required.

https://github.com/rcbotCheeseh/rcbot2 and http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showforum=14

So as I said plugins like MetaMod Source and SourceMod work... but not RCBot2, not sure why as it will work on my Linux VM's (tried it on Ubuntu and even Zorin OS 12/4 Lite) rock solid its just not loading on the Docker install.

Note all this is on my local LAN... for LAN party use using my Unraid server version is 6.7.2.

Normally for basic trouble shooting if I put "meta list" in the game console I will get...

] meta list
  [01] RCBot2 (1.04 (r491-apg-ch)) by Cheeseh, RoboCop, Ducky
  [02] SourceMod (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC
  [03] SDK Tools (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC

....but the same mod file set on the Docker files I get...

] meta list
  [01] SourceMod (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC
  [02] SDK Tools (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC

No RCBot2 plugin, not even a manual load will work.

This plugin does require extra file/folder renaming to get set-up correctly, like a waypoint directory must be named the same as the server folder name ....

e.g. if your server address are /mnt/user/appdata/dods/  

...then rename a folder containing waypoints under a waypoints folder...  /mnt/user/appdata/dods/dod/addons/rcbot2/waypoints/dods

it also requires an edit to file /mnt/user/appdata/dods/dod/addons/rcbot2//config/bot_mods.ini  …

mod = DOD
steamdir = dods  <--- edit this
gamedir = dod
bot = DOD
weaponlist = DOD

Then that's it, it will normally work fine (on a Linux server or a windows dedicated server) but not in this Docker.

Any idea why the Docker install is different to a normal Linux dedicated server install?

I have the set of files that work on a Linux server if set up with steamcmd and has a dod folder, the files include MetaMod Source and a plain Sourcemod along with the RCBot2 files configured correctly to run in your standard docker address.

It also includes a description of the fault and the OS the working files came from. 

Download is here...

http://www.dodbits.com/downloads/bots/rcbot/RCBots_Linux.zip

I have also installed the docker this came from, mattieserver/docker-steamcmd-server and the results are identical, the RCBot2 plugin does not load at all. 

Edited by INsane
fixing link
4 minutes ago, INsane said:

Hi Ich777, Forum will not let me post for some reason, always ended in a hidden post and a "you reached your maximum posts" warning so I made another account and inserted the below as asked :)

Because you had not been approved yet. Sending you a PM.

2 hours ago, INsane said:

Normally for basic trouble shooting if I put "meta list" in the game console I will get...

] meta list
  [01] RCBot2 (1.04 (r491-apg-ch)) by Cheeseh, RoboCop, Ducky
  [02] SourceMod (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC
  [03] SDK Tools (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC

....but the same mod file set on the Docker files I get...

] meta list
  [01] SourceMod (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC
  [02] SDK Tools (1.9.0.6281) by AlliedModders LLC

No RCBot2 plugin, not even a manual load will work.

Are you sure that you've installed every mod for Linux, i've remember a few pages bevor someone had a similar issue just installing the windows mods. Also the latest revision that i've found is 1.04 r473

e.g. if your server address are /mnt/user/appdata/dods/  

...then rename a folder containing waypoints under a waypoints folder...  /mnt/user/appdata/dods/dod/addons/rcbot2/waypoints/dods

it also requires an edit to file /mnt/user/appdata/dods/dod/addons/rcbot2//config/bot_mods.ini  …

mod = DOD
steamdir = dods  <--- edit this
gamedir = dod
bot = DOD
weaponlist = DOD

Please look from the docker side of things at it the server filese are in /serverdata/serverfiles and then whatever it should be the path /mnt/user/appdata/dods is just the same as inside the docker /serverdata/serverfiles or am i getting something wrong?

It also includes a description of the fault and the OS the working files came from. Download is here.

The link is broken.

Edited by ich777
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

What do i have to do or what is the exact error? They have changed the executable?

In regard to Colony Survival, they did.  Unfortunately, at the time that I figured this out they did not have any documentation on the change yet.  I found it by finding a comment from the beta for 0.7.0 in their official Discord, as shown in my post here.

To recap,

Old Syntax:

mono "/home/steam/colony_survival_dedicated/colonyserverdedicated.exe" start_server +server.world YOUR_WORLD_NAME +server.name "YOUR_SERVER_NAME" +server.networktype SteamOnline +server.ip YOUR_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS

New Syntax:

/home/steam/colony_survival_dedicated/colonyserver.x86_64 -nographics -batchmode +server.world YOUR_WORLD_NAME +server.name "YOUR_SERVER_NAME" +server.networktype SteamOnline +server.ip YOUR_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS +server.rconpassword RCON_PASS

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about it to know if there are any other flags add/removed from the command line.

5 hours ago, bubo said:

In regard to Colony Survival, they did.  Unfortunately, at the time that I figured this out they did not have any documentation on the change yet.  I found it by finding a comment from the beta for 0.7.0 in their official Discord, as shown in my post here.

Thank you very much, give me a few day's to change it and test it, and wow no mono needed that will reduce the size of the container drastically...

2 hours ago, OriginalTexter said:

Has anyone been able to get rcon working with the CSGO container? Port specified in docker mappings, password set in autoexec.cfg. Can't seem to connect!

Rcon from another console than the ingame rcon console?

Rcon works for me in the container, just as usual enter the rcon address then the password and you can manage your server (from within the CSGO console).

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

The link is broken.

Link fixed ... http://www.dodbits.com/downloads/bots/rcbot/RCBots_Linux.zip

Are you sure that you've installed every mod for Linux, i've remember a few pages bevor someone had a similar issue just installing the windows mods. Also the latest revision that i've found is 1.04 r473

Yes I'm sure the files used in testing are the best set for a Linux dedicated server, I used the same files on my Ubuntu based VM's.

Version 1.04 r47 3 is for RCBot1 (goldscource HL1 games) 

RCBot2 is for Half Life 2 games, best version is here, RCBot2 1.04 v491-apg... https://github.com/APGRoboCop/rcbot2/releases

Please look from the docker side of things at it the server filese are in /serverdata/serverfiles and then whatever it should be the path /mnt/user/appdata/dods is just the same as inside the docker /serverdata/serverfiles or am i getting something wrong?

I have tried different folders for the "rcbot" folder and you can set that folder up in different locations as per the RCBot2 instructions, what really matters is the VDF file that tells MetaMod Source to look for the plugin and that is verified as correct as it works in the Ubuntu based VM structure.

I will test more locations, it is what I suspected and checked first as it is the most common error by far by user installs.

The only debug messages I can get is to change a map via rcon "rcon map dod_kalt" and read the dod/log output file...

L 08/03/2019 - 00:36:50: [RCBOT2] Starting plugin.
L 08/03/2019 - 00:36:50: [META] Failed to load plugin addons/rcbot2/bin/RCBot2Meta.  
L 08/03/2019 - 00:36:50: [RCBOT2] Starting plugin.
L 08/03/2019 - 00:36:50: [META] Failed to load plugin addons/rcbot2/bin/RCBot2Meta: 
L 08/03/2019 - 00:36:50: [META] Loaded 0 plugins (2 already loaded)

...the two MetaMod Source plugins that did load there is Sourcemod and SDK tools and it works perfectly.

The rcbot2 VDF file at the time of that console output was ...

"Metamod Plugin"
{
    "alias"            "rcbot2"
    "file"            "addons/rcbot2/bin/RCBot2Meta"
    "rcbot2path"        "addons/rcbot2/"
}

The SourceMod VDF that did load is...

"Metamod Plugin"
{
    "alias"        "sourcemod"
    "file"        "addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm"
}

I think the error is path related, but not sure why, hence the actual files used (in the now fixed link) may help.

Edited by INsane
the dod/log output text rechecked and changed