[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

3 minutes ago, jagr200 said:

Just changed "public" to false in the json and then restarted. Watched the logs and it gave the same error in line 70.

Please try to edit it directly on the server with nano and the terminal window, eventually this makes a difference, also please delete all of the files and the docker itself. A fresh start is always the best.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please try to edit it directly on the server with nano and the terminal window, eventually this makes a difference, also please delete all of the files and the docker itself. A fresh start is always the best.

Unfortunately I don't know what nano is. haha. Crap.

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Well. Now I have a "server-adminlist.json" in the file directory after a fresh install. but I can't edit the server settings in notepad++ like I did before. It wont allow me to save it. ugh

15 minutes ago, jagr200 said:

ahhhh. I've used it before. It has just been a long time. Thanks. I'll see if I can figure this out.

So now I reinstalled and have the "sever-adminlist.json" but now I can't edit the server-settings.json with notepad++ and save it. When I attempt to do so it says to open it in administrator. When I do it wont save because it says the file is open

3 hours ago, jagr200 said:

So now I reinstalled and have the "sever-adminlist.json" but now I can't edit the server-settings.json with notepad++ and save it. When I attempt to do so it says to open it in administrator. When I do it wont save because it says the file is open

Stop the docker, click on terminal  on the upper right corner of the unraid gui (not om the cointainer!!!), type: 'nano /mnt/user/appdata/factorio/server-settings.json (the path depends on your folder structure), make your changes im the file, press CTRL+X, press y, press Return, start the docker again.

Or reffer to this topic:

You can get the 'config file editor' from the Community Apps.

Edited by ich777
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Stop the docker, click on terminal  on the upper right corner of the unraid gui (not om the cointainer!!!), type: 'nano /mnt/user/appdata/factorio/server-settings.json (the path depends on your folder structure), make your changes im the file, press CTRL+X, press y, press Return, start the docker again.

Or reffer to this topic:

You can get the 'config file editor' from the Community Apps.

I actually got it to work last night. After a fresh install there were a couple new jsons that I didn't have before. So I'm wondering if the install missed them somehow. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

@ich777 with 7 Days To Die a18 potentially dropping to general availability tomorrow, will dockers be updated automatically or do need to release something new? It

will be an experimental release on steam, i.e. opt-in.

I run a couple 7dtd servers using you docket and I would like them to stay unaffected, but might want to try out a18 if there is a way without you needing to release something new.

4 hours ago, jagr200 said:

I actually got it to work last night. After a fresh install there were a couple new jsons that I didn't have before. So I'm wondering if the install missed them somehow. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

No problem, nice if it all works now.

3 hours ago, JDK said:

@ich777 with 7 Days To Die a18 potentially dropping to general availability tomorrow, will dockers be updated automatically or do need to release something new? It

I run a couple 7dtd servers using you docket and I would like them to stay unaffected, but might want to try out a18 if there is a way without you needing to release something new.

Sorry but i'm not really familar with 7DtD but if it will be an public available update it will also update the dockers if you restart them.

If it's a beta release you have to specify it at the AppID but im not sure how this works for 7DtD but i think it must be something like this: '294420 -beta latest_experimental' and also don't forget to set 'Validate' to 'true' if you update to experimental builds.

Edited by ich777
  • Like 1
On 10/6/2019 at 10:30 AM, JDK said:

Knowing the fun pimps... they'll wait until the week before x-mas before dropping it! They never release on time- even when it's their own timeline!

3 hours ago, JDK said:

A18 experimental is out today :)

An experimental of an ALPHA game.... right. Can't help but be a little jaded after being a die hard and seeing so many builds with glitches that get the whole community pissy.  Eh, hey.. maybe I'll give it a shot, just this once.  How do you add -beta latest_experimental to the steamcmd update command?

4 minutes ago, jordanmw said:

An experimental of an ALPHA game.... right. Can't help but be a little jaded after being a die hard and seeing so many builds with glitches that get the whole community pissy.  Eh, hey.. maybe I'll give it a shot, just this once.  How do you add -beta latest_experimental to the steamcmd update command?

From the release notes it looks like they have spent a lot of time implementing positive features and listened to the community closely. Performance seems better from just a quick test too, so that is very positive for me :)

I just updated the GAME ID field to be "294420 -beta latest_experimental". This downloads the correct server version, but i haven't yet been able to get it to run. Still tinkering...

image.thumb.png.9128f5fa4b54e99aa1548745c99d85f8.png

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jordanmw said:

Add it after the AppID.

6 hours ago, JDK said:

From the release notes it looks like they have spent a lot of time implementing positive features and listened to the community closely. Performance seems better from just a quick test too, so that is very positive for me :)

I just updated the GAME ID field to be "294420 -beta latest_experimental". This downloads the correct server version, but i haven't yet been able to get it to run. Still tinkering...

image.thumb.png.9128f5fa4b54e99aa1548745c99d85f8.png

This should be a simple fix i will look into it after work.

EDIT: Sure that this is not a bug in the game itself and they patch it in the next few days? I've downloaded the stable version and it works without a flaw, then i deleted the whole folder and the docker and installed the latest_experimental and it's the same as in your screenshot.

Looked even if the folder structure itself is different but it's not it's exactly the same, even the missing steamclient.so is in the main directory...

Is this the correct term for the beta build: '-beta latest_experimental' or is '-beta' engouh?

EDIT2:Fixed the docker, please klick 'Check for Updates' on the Docker screen in Unraid and update the servers. The latest experimentail build now runs fine. ;)

Edited by ich777
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Add it after the AppID.

EDIT: Sure that this is not a bug in the game itself and they patch it in the next few days? I've downloaded the stable version and it works without a flaw, then i deleted the whole folder and the docker and installed the latest_experimental and it's the same as in your screenshot.

Looked even if the folder structure itself is different but it's not it's exactly the same, even the missing steamclient.so is in the main directory...

Is this the correct term for the beta build: '-beta latest_experimental' or is '-beta' engouh?

EDIT2:Fixed the docker, please klick 'Check for Updates' on the Docker screen in Unraid and update the servers. The latest experimentail build now runs fine. ;)

Hey I got it to run, but it's using a constant 20% + CPU even when no one is on the server , which is weird. The Windows Server doesn't do this.  Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this with their 7 days to die docker container.

image.png

Looks like mine works now too- and I have to say JDK- the 18 experimental version of ALPHA 18 is fully worth it!  They have really changed and improved so many things... and this is from a guy who has 1982 hours into that game.  I particularly like the re-balancing and removal of level cap for perks.  I was so pissed in A17 being level 80 and not being able to craft a 4x4.  And the Turrets syndrome perk looks like a awesome addition. 

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Add it after the AppID.

You are too awesome, thanks @ich777.

8 minutes ago, jordanmw said:

Looks like mine works now too- and I have to say JDK- the 18 experimental version of ALPHA 18 is fully worth it!  They have really changed and improved so many things... and this is from a guy who has 1982 hours into that game.  I particularly like the re-balancing and removal of level cap for perks.  I was so pissed in A17 being level 80 and not being able to craft a 4x4.  And the Turrets syndrome perk looks like a awesome addition. 

Yeah, I only spent about 15min on A18 yesterday. Now that the docker has been updated I can roll in a few more hrs to really get a feel for it, but good vibes so far ✌️

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, HellraiserOSU said:

Hey I got it to run, but it's using a constant 20% + CPU even when no one is on the server , which is weird. The Windows Server doesn't do this.  Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this with their 7 days to die docker container.

image.png

Wich version? The non experimental or the experimental?
Also a load 2.69GiB for the ram seems a little bit high.

This is mine:

grafik.png.508080f79d10040177ce049588686a1d.png