[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Thank you, so much for your work, ich777!!

I've used multiple version of our steam docker setups. Thanks!

I was wondering if we could get Starbound (I can provide a copy of the game) and/or Alien Swarm (free) implemented?

Thanks again, for your time and dedication to the project!

35 minutes ago, veizour said:

Thank you, so much for your work, ich777!!

I've used multiple version of our steam docker setups. Thanks!

I was wondering if we could get Starbound (I can provide a copy of the game) and/or Alien Swarm (free) implemented?

Thanks again, for your time and dedication to the project!

Thank you for your word of praise :D

Starbound should be totaly possible (i don't own the game a donation would be nice since i can test it on my own), Alien Swarm would run through WINE but i will try it if i can get it to run stable (also did you mean the Reactive Drop thing?).

Please give me a few days, i don't have much spare time at the moment, i think next week i will be able to look into it and eventually release one or all two Dockers.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Thank you for your word of praise :D

Starbound should be totaly possible (i don't own the game a donation would be nice since i can test it on my own), Alien Swarm would run through WINE but i will try it if i can get it to run stable (also did you mean the Reactive Drop thing?).

Please give me a few days, i don't have much spare time at the moment, i think next week i will be able to look into it and eventually release one or all two Dockers.

Ohhhh for some reason I thought Alien Swarm's dedicated server was linux. Sorry! Nvm on that if it's going to be that much work. If you want to work on it, be my guest, but no pressure from me.

Toss me your steam name (I'm Veizour) and I'll send you the starbound copy. I got the "4 pack" and then one wasn't necessary because I got a divorce, so you get the "divorce special" :D (lolol!!)

As for time frame... hey, you're not running a business with this, I'm in no position to push. If you turn this around in a month, I'm fine and happy in just having the opportunity to run it in a container in the first place. 🙂 I really appreciate the work you do, and the "steam folder shared with all the dockers" you put out is so genius, really, nice design and setup!

2 minutes ago, veizour said:

Ohhhh for some reason I thought Alien Swarm's dedicated server was linux. Sorry! Nvm on that if it's going to be that much work. If you want to work on it, be my guest, but no pressure from me.

No problem, i will look into it.

3 minutes ago, veizour said:

Toss me your steam name (I'm Veizour) and I'll send you the starbound copy. I got the "4 pack" and then one wasn't necessary because I got a divorce, so you get the "divorce special" :D (lolol!!)

Are you already in the steamgroup linked in the first post, i'm the administrator of the group. ;)

12 minutes ago, HellraiserOSU said:

I'd like to request a Neverwinter Nights server one. I keep trying the docker from and I can't for the life of me get it to work as I don't know where to put the module files

Can you please post a link to the game (from steam preffered)?

I think there is more than one version.

Ich, 7D docker question.

Is it possible on the user end, to pull data from another github with out you having to tweak the docker?

Example: 7DTD has server side mods for admins, they go in to a Mods folder.  Several of these mods are on Github.  Would I be able to add in a way to pull from that github and have the update go into a specific folder, ie Mods?  Or is that something that would have to be done on your side by editing the container?  

So when there is an update to that github, we can just restart the server and it'll download the updated files.

1 hour ago, Spectral Force said:

Ich, 7D docker question.

Is it possible on the user end, to pull data from another github with out you having to tweak the docker?

Example: 7DTD has server side mods for admins, they go in to a Mods folder.  Several of these mods are on Github.  Would I be able to add in a way to pull from that github and have the update go into a specific folder, ie Mods?  Or is that something that would have to be done on your side by editing the container?  

So when there is an update to that github, we can just restart the server and it'll download the updated files.

Don't know how that works with the mods from github, with git pull?

I can not think of a way by doing this automatically if it's done by git pull and if you install specific mods to the server...

Installing them manually is no option?

Also you can open a console and install them manually.

Edited by ich777

Having an issue with the Mordhau docker. I left all settings default and launched the server. I get stuck in a loop trying to start due to a missing file/directory. Any thoughts?

Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '629800' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for 'Game2.ini'---
---'Game2.ini' found!---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
/serverdata/serverfiles/Mordhau/Binaries/Linux/MordhauServer-Linux-Shipping: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
---Update SteamCMD---
WARNING: setlocale('en_US.UTF-8') failed, using locale: 'C'. International characters may not work.
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'

1 hour ago, Smackover said:

Having an issue with the Mordhau docker. I left all settings default and launched the server. I get stuck in a loop trying to start due to a missing file/directory. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this, they changed something in the last update, fixed the image allready.

On the Docker page on Unraid please click on:grafik.png.0a71fea688f6c8994025312c591c88a0.png

When the comman finishes click on: grafik.png.5bb633d13aefc2bc55b945ee5b91270e.png on the Mordhau Docker after you updated the Docker the game will start fine ;)

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Thank you for reporting this, they changed something in the last update, fixed the image allready.

On the Docker page on Unraid please click on:grafik.png.0a71fea688f6c8994025312c591c88a0.png

When the comman finishes click on: grafik.png.5bb633d13aefc2bc55b945ee5b91270e.png on the Mordhau Docker after you updated the Docker the game will start fine ;)

Works great. Thanks!

• Thanks 1
On 10/15/2019 at 2:41 AM, ich777 said:

As @JDK said you could use this tools.

I've also made a CSMM 7DtD (Catalysm Server Monitor & Manager for 7 Days to Die) Docker to manage the servers but it's a little bit complicated to set up, you need a reverse proxy and a real domain name with a subdomain then you can host this docker.

I've been meaning to ask if there are any high level instructions for getting this set up on unraid?

4 hours ago, JDK said:

I've been meaning to ask if there are any high level instructions for getting this set up on unraid?

It's basically what i've written above you need a webserver (recommend you the Let's Encrypt Docker from @linuxserver.io) then you need to reverse proxy it to a real domainname without any top level domains and than you are good to go.

Also CSMM is a cloud based solution and should be free i think LINK

This Docker exists only by a user request you can ask @Spectral Force if he has it allready running.

ich777,

Thank you so much for your great game server builds! I use several of them. Is it possible to get one working on unraid for Altitude (Free on Steam and off steam)? Pretty please?

I got it up and running following their instructions but immediately thought of you and your excellent work on other games.

Links:

Altitude on Steam Link

Altitude developer page for linux server files and instructions

What do you think?

Again, THANK YOU for you superb efforts!

8 hours ago, JDK said:

I got this running. ich777's labels in the docker was pretty straight forward and i used NGINX Proxy Manager with it. I had to disable it for now though cause it was running , at times 20% cpu usage and I was getting this error constantly

BRPOPLPUSH ReplyError: MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but it is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled, because this instance is configured to report errors during writes if RDB snapshotting fails (stop-writes-on-bgsave-error option). Please check the Redis logs for details about the RDB error.

17 minutes ago, HellraiserOSU said:

BRPOPLPUSH ReplyError: MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but it is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled, because this instance is configured to report errors during writes if RDB snapshotting fails (stop-writes-on-bgsave-error option). Please check the Redis logs for details about the RDB error.

Thank you for that report i will try to run it on my server a little longer than 1 hour if it occures and fix the issue with Redis.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Thank you for that report i will try to run it on my server a little longer than 1 hour if it occures and fix the issue with Redis.

Thanks! Great job on all the dockers. Really appreciate it. Also let me know if you have any issues trying to get the neverwinter nights one working. Like I said, beamdog had one as well, but I couldn't get it to work in unraid.
https://hub.docker.com/r/beamdog/nwserver/

Also, if anyone cares, you can use the game's included "server_configurator.exe" to make your own Server config file (called: "launcher_config.xml") which you can then load into the appdata location on ich777's Docker build. Just overwrite the one that's already there and all of YOUR settings are what the Docker loads on the next restart.