[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hello i cannot update the Minecraft server.

The client says that the server version 1.12.0.28 is outdated.

When i stop the server, to change the game version to the newest (1.13.0.34) and then start it again, it says:

---Version missmatch Installed: v1.12.0.28 - Prefered:1.13.0.34, downloading v1.13.0.34---
---You probably entered a wrong version number the server zip is empty---

How can i solve this problem?

Shutdown the container, ssh into the server, go to the minecraft server folder inside the app folder 

cd /mnt/user/appdata/minecraft

delete the server.jar 

rm server.jar

then download the updated server file. 

wget https://launcher.mojang.com/v1/objects/3dc3d84a581f14691199cf6831b71ed1296a9fdf/server.jar

And then start the container again.

3 hours ago, Lelo said:

here is my server cfg - i have another password but changed it to secret in this file. does it have to be docker - and for the commands in the console i used the right password ...

server.cfg 11.84 kB · 1 download

First of all, please edit your post and delete the picture, it shows your password...

Nothing seems wrong here, it should work fine from the ingame console. You connect to the server and enter the rcon password command (it has not to be docker).

Please refer to the game forums or search for how to use rcon.

You could also enter 'rcon_address' and type in the address of your server and then enter the password of your server if you don't connect to it in the first place.

Also i don't know if it has something to do that you doesn't specified a token.

Edited by ich777
22 minutes ago, S.P said:

Hello i cannot update the Minecraft server.

The client says that the server version 1.12.0.28 is outdated.

When i stop the server, to change the game version to the newest (1.13.0.34) and then start it again, it says:

---Version missmatch Installed: v1.12.0.28 - Prefered:1.13.0.34, downloading v1.13.0.34---
---You probably entered a wrong version number the server zip is empty---

How can i solve this problem?

Your server can't download the file, that's the only thing i can say, i've downloaded it also and it works fine oob.

I attached the log from my server.

Please check if you got any space in the version number (in front or at the ending).

Also please check if you got a bedrock-server-1.13.0.34.zip in your main directory, if you it's in there delete it and restart the container.

@Masterism I think he has the Minecraft Bedrock Edition not the standard edition installed.

You can also download the jar file on your windows/mac/linux machine and place it in the main directory of the docker you don't have to do it with ssh and wget.

minecraft_bedrock.log

Edited by ich777
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

@Masterism I think he has the Minecraft Bedrock Edition not the standard edition installed.

You can also download the jar file on your windows/mac/linux machine and place it in the main directory of the docker you don't have to do it with ssh and wget.

Ah, I didn't see a specification on what version. I know you can do it that way, I found it easier to do it with wget, which is how I did it. Whatever Works! :)

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Your server can't download the file, that's the only thing i can say, i've downloaded it also and it works fine oob.

I attached the log from my server.

Please check if you got any space in the version number (in front or at the ending).

Also please check if you got a bedrock-server-1.13.0.34.zip in your main directory, if you it's in there delete it and restart the container.

minecraft_bedrock.log 152.39 kB · 0 downloads

There is no bedrock-server-1.13.0.34.zip-file in the main directory:

image.png.4b339638d44a48f5ba245a98fc45bd03.png

and there is also no empty space between the numbers:

image.thumb.png.75b0449d3f8435a1f22e71e6dca20258.png

When i hit "apply" then this is showing up:

image.thumb.png.c74fd716062bd461e763d46b6dfa23c2.png

and the log:

image.png.c7b0d6a301dae47e20fe59502d80bd25.png

7 minutes ago, S.P said:

There is no bedrock-server-1.13.0.34.zip-file in the main directory

I tried it also to do it on my server with your version that's what it should look like:

grafik.png.91da9372ef09a60d7297a7a0df3f1a3d.png

You can also try to download the server executable on your computer and palce it in the server directory and restart the conatiner (no guarantee that it works).

It seems that your server can't download the executable, it get's it from here: Click

(This is the direct link to version 1.13.0.34)

31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I tried it also to do it on my server with your version that's what it should look like:

grafik.png.91da9372ef09a60d7297a7a0df3f1a3d.png

You can also try to download the server executable on your computer and palce it in the server directory and restart the conatiner (no guarantee that it works).

Sorry that did not work either.

I found the solution...

image.thumb.png.cbe8025ef221ebd004d8823b9722b3bf.png

There was an issue with my VLAN and some PfSense-firewall permissions that i dont understand xD.

I changed the network type to "bridge" than the update ran fine. After that i switched back to the VLAN.

Edited by S.P
2 minutes ago, S.P said:

I found the solution...

image.thumb.png.cbe8025ef221ebd004d8823b9722b3bf.png

There was an issue with mit VLAN and some firewall permissions.

I changed the network type to "bridge" than the update ran fine. After that i switched back to the VLAN.

Fine, like i've said, the container couldn't download the zip file.

Hope it all works now. ;)

On 10/17/2019 at 6:30 PM, veizour said:

Thank you, so much for your work, ich777!!

I've used multiple version of our steam docker setups. Thanks!

I was wondering if we could get Starbound (I can provide a copy of the game) and/or Alien Swarm (free) implemented?

Thanks again, for your time and dedication to the project!

Tried to get Alien Swarm to work but since my server has 32Threads and there is a bug in the game so that the game wouldn't work on cpu's that got 32 or more Threads i will not make a Docker for that game -Sorry...

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Tried to get Alien Swarm to work but since my server has 32Threads and there is a bug in the game so that the game wouldn't work on cpu's that got 32 or more Threads i will not make a Docker for that game -Sorry...

No problem! Thanks for your time on it!!

Hi!

When more than 2 players are playing im getting these overload errors:

[Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 5736ms or 114 ticks behind

But, why?

Im using Spigot 1.14.4 (latest), XMS & XMX are at 4096MBs (and not even fully used, its at 2,3GBs). The Docker can use all of my 4 Core i3-8100 Cores and its nothing more on the server active.

39 minutes ago, Danny08 said:

Hi!

When more than 2 players are playing im getting these overload errors:

[Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 5736ms or 114 ticks behind

But, why?

Im using Spigot 1.14.4 (latest), XMS & XMX are at 4096MBs (and not even fully used, its at 2,3GBs). The Docker can use all of my 4 Core i3-8100 Cores and its nothing more on the server active.

Please keep in mind that this error is a totally game specific question and should be asked in the game forums.

Also this is only a warning (even on my 32Thread server with 64GB of RAM and the game on SSD's i get this error) it indicates that the cpu is pushed to hard by the minecraft server try to lower your view distance.

Also there was a bug in the game i think *link* try a quick google search for: Minecraft server ticks behind

This is a very cpu intensive game and likes speed over threads (5Ghz better than 12 threads)...

If you don't get any lag just ignore the warning message, it happens mostly on my server if i go to an undiscovered area where the server must generate the terrain but if it's created and you go again to this area everything works just fine without this message.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please keep in mind that this error is a totally game specific question and should be asked in the game forums.

Also this is only a warning (even on my 32Thread server with 64GB of RAM and the game on SSD's i get this error) it indicates that the cpu is pushed to hard by the minecraft server try to lower your view distance.

Also there was a bug in the game i think *link* try a quick google search for: Minecraft server ticks behind

This is a very cpu intensive game and likes speed over threads (5Ghz better than 12 threads)...

If you don't get any lag just ignore the warning message, it happens mostly on my server if i go to an undiscovered area where the server must generate the terrain but if it's created and you go again to this area everything works just fine without this message.

k, thanks.

just tried switching to papermc because it seems like the worldsave was causing lag in spigot.

2 hours ago, WeAreTheDynamite said:

Hey, I had the 7dtd server up and running, tried to reset after Alpha 18 was out of beta, (was running the beta server then reverted)

But now whenever I start the docker, it changes the permissions on the appdata folder meaning i am unable to modify the serverconfig or any other XMLs... 

Any ideas?

Cheers

Have you deleted the whole folder in the appdata folder and also the Container?

32 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you deleted the whole folder in the appdata folder and also the Container?

I’m unable to delete the appdata folders as I don’t have permissions for them, I’m able to point the container to a different path and that works initially, so I start the container, can edit the server config file, restart the container, the permissions change again and I can no longer access the folder. 

8 minutes ago, WeAreTheDynamite said:

I’m unable to delete the appdata folders as I don’t have permissions for them, I’m able to point the container to a different path and that works initially, so I start the container, can edit the server config file, restart the container, the permissions change again and I can no longer access the folder. 

I have this happen frequently with my ARK server folders.  I'm not certain that ich777's container is entirely at fault though.

I have learned by splitting folders out of the default paths that this phenomenon seems to reside with the default game install folder(s).  When I moved the config and world files for ARK to a separate external path via the docker config, those external folders stopped having their permissions changed.

For my ARK instances, I had to log into the unRaid terminal and  use chmod to unlock the folders.

8 minutes ago, WeAreTheDynamite said:

Stop the Docker and remove it completely, click on the console symbol in the Unraid webgui in the top right corner enter: 'cd /mnt/user/appdata' press enter, then enter: 'rm -R <yourfoldernamegoeshere>' press enter (but please be sure that it is something like: 'rm -R 7dtd' otherwise you can delete other folders to) then simply close the terminal window.

After you do that go to the CA App and redownload the Docker.

3 minutes ago, bubo said:

I have this happen frequently with my ARK server folders.  I'm not certain that ich777's container is entirely at fault though.

I have learned by splitting folders out of the default paths that this phenomenon seems to reside with the default game install folder(s).  When I moved the config and world files for ARK to a separate external path via the docker config, those external folders stopped having their permissions changed.

For my ARK instances, I had to log into the unRaid terminal and  use chmod to unlock the folders.

Oh, what? What did you mean exactly can you describe the problem a little bit more?

In my case i can edit all the files without beeing root on the appdata folder, only if a new file from the docker itself is created you must restart the docker and you can edit it again...

Edited by ich777
Just now, ich777 said:

Oh, what? What did you mean exactly can you describe the problem a little bit more?

In my case i can edit all the files without beeing root on the appdata folder, only if a new file is created you must restart the docker and you can edit it again...

I'll try, but I may have to wait until I get home from work to pull the specific examples out.  From my memory:

1.  Under the original setup for the ARK Docker, all game files were stored in the serverdata path.  Something would trigger instances were the folder identified for the serverdata path would have it's permissions changed to a state where I could not even open the folder with my normal user role (both from the unRaid Terminal CMD, and also from where I had previously mapped to it from Windows Explorer).  When this occurred, I could issue a chmod 777 command in the unRaid Terminal CMD (I think I SU the command, but it's been awhile since I did it), and this would correct the problem until it was triggered again.

2.  When I was building my alternate paths prior to submitting my XMLs to you, ich777, I discovered that whenever the serverdata folder was locked in this manner, the specific paths that I broke out into the admin path would not be locked.  I figured the locking trigger was something unique to me, since my unRaid is configured strangely.  I didn't think too much of it, but the main reason I moved the Mods folder to the Admin path was to avoid triggering the lock on that folder.

3.  When I read that this was happening to another user, it seemed similar enough to my experience that I posted here.  Unfortunately, I'm at work right now.  If needed, I can recreate what I experienced and give precise commands and paths that I used tonight when I get home.

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

Stop the Docker and remove it completely, click on the console symbol in the Unraid webgui in the top right corner enter: 'cd /mnt/user/appdata' press enter, then enter: 'rm -R <yourfoldernamegoeshere>' press enter (but please be sure that it is something like: 'rm -R 7dtd' otherwise you can delete other folders to) then simply close the terminal window.

After you do that go to the CA App and redownload the Docker.

So i removed the container, deleted the 7dtd appdata folder (and the others I'd generated trying to fix this.) re-installed and upon first boot, I still had no access to the appdata folder. I also tried the folders for my other containers, and I could access them all bar 7dtd and steamcmd.
I don't think I have any funky configuration relating to my appdata share, though I do run my main storage share using permissions from active directory; so my un-raid box is on my domain. The issue seems to have only cropped up after joining the domain though, so I'm not sure if it's related?

Edit: I tried chmod -R 777 on the 7dtd appdata folder; I was able to access it and edit the serverconfig.xml. After saving and restarting the container, I once again lost access.

Edited by WeAreTheDynamite