[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 10/18/2019 at 9:33 PM, HellraiserOSU said:

I'd like to request a Neverwinter Nights server one. I keep trying the docker from Beamdog and I can't for the life of me get it to work as I don't know where to put the module files

Container will be available in the next few hours in the CA App. ;)

Edited by ich777
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Could you add a

-Space Engineers

image?

i would really appreciate it

and if you running out of ideas, some server files that would be great too (that i am still using)

-Seven Coop

-Grav

-Dayz

-Empyrion

-Miscreated

have a great day

Space Engineers is impossible, this is a pure Windows game and it doesn't run with WINE, no chance soon.

If you're interested in DayZ i got allready a container but need someone to test, drop me a PM and will write you the connection details if everything works as expected.

I will look into the other games and add it to my list. ;)

EDIT: Sven Coop will be available in the next few hours in the CA App. ;)

EDIT2: Looked into GRAV, to download the gameserver files you must have a valid account with the game purchased (that i doesn't have) but it should be possible to create a container.

Edited by ich777
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Space Engineers is impossible, this is a pure Windows game and it doesn't run with WINE, no chance soon.

If you're interested in DayZ i got allready a container but need someone to test, drop me a PM and will write you the connection details if everything works as expected.

I will look into the other games and add it to my list. ;)

EDIT: Sven Coop will be available in the next few hours in the CA App. ;)

EDIT2: Looked into GRAV, to download the gameserver files you must have a valid account with the game purchased (that i doesn't have) but it should be possible to create a container.

NICE :D

i really enjoy your work, just started a few weeks ago running unraid. got so much dockers installed that are made by you.

Nice, i'm would love to try Dayz. but after all this Christmas thing xD

another thing, i dont know if you play gmod on your own but for some gamemods you need cstrike,hl2 and/or tf2 files.is there a way to add them to the docker to just download the files and mount them?  **edit

atm i added the CS:S server files and mounted it to the gmod docker

Edited by Cornflake
On 12/21/2019 at 11:09 PM, ich777 said:

Container will be available in the next few hours in the CA App. ;)

Thanks a lot for your work!

I have a suggestion: 

The initial admin password should be exposed through an environment variable and set using the  -adminpassword argument, as presented here

This is useful because admin password change is hard after server startup (involves manually editing the sqlite .db file) and it poses a security risk for those hosting.

Personally I couldn't change it using the /changepwd command in-game. I don't know why it doesn't work..

8 hours ago, thenoots said:

Thanks a lot for your work!

I have a suggestion: 

The initial admin password should be exposed through an environment variable and set using the  -adminpassword argument, as presented here

This is useful because admin password change is hard after server startup (involves manually editing the sqlite .db file) and it poses a security risk for those hosting.

Personally I couldn't change it using the /changepwd command in-game. I don't know why it doesn't work..

Logon with the default admin account and admin password and press enter and type: '/changepwd admin' then type in your new password.

EDIT: Changed the server now, please redownload the template in a few hours where the variable 'Admin Password' und the advanced tab is in there (will not affect your existing server ;)

Edited by ich777

Anyone have success getting a Killing Floor 1 server running?

I've been trying for a while without any success. I tried forwarding all the ports mentioned in the docs and it still isn't working. I even gave it it's own IP address (so all ports are open) and still nothing.

I'm wondering if something is wrong with the container. Can someone else try to start one and see if it works?

16 hours ago, Newtious said:

any chance of a subsistance server?

I will look into this.

8 hours ago, TR1GGA187 said:

+1 for Space Engineers

Simply not possible this is a windows only game with linux don't in mind. It uses too many windows librarys that WINE can't handle it at the moment.

42 minutes ago, Skylord123 said:

Anyone have success getting a Killing Floor 1 server running?

I've been trying for a while without any success. I tried forwarding all the ports mentioned in the docs and it still isn't working. I even gave it it's own IP address (so all ports are open) and still nothing.

No problem here, keep in mind that the query port is: 28852!

Can you please provide a little bit more information (Log...), also did the server just install fine and are all the serverfiles in place, have you provided a valid steam account with the credentials?

Screenshot.thumb.png.9fb067d2a007b4b2a0e352e2886a0650.png

This should be the folder structure:

grafik.png.8ec1244d3d3330ac89cc4280ee622ae2.png

Edited by ich777
10 hours ago, Cornflake said:

one more Suggestion, for the steam debug mode to work (for troubleshoot) the container needs a package that is named GDB (not sure, but i think it was named like this), otherwise you cant get it to work and wont get a full log/debug file

GDB is installed for a reasen, it is a package that is 119MB big... but you can also install that yourself if needed just open a unRAID Terminal (not the Console for the container!!!) then type in:

docker exec -ti --user root CSSource /bin/bash
apt-get update
apt-get install -y gdb
exit
exit

With these few commands you installed the package 'gdb' to your 'CSSource' container if you want to install it to another container replace 'CSSource' with your containername. ;)

Also note, everytime you change the template in unRAID these changes will be lost and you must execute them again (because the container layers are renewed).

Also i am thinking of switching to debian to get a little bit smaller containers.

9 hours ago, Skylord123 said:

Oh snap it actually is working I just wasn't able to query it correctly by hitting the other ports. I guess I missed this one. I should have tried just joining it in the game.

Thanks, it is working great now :)

Good to hear ;)

Also if you have any requests for games please let me know (someone requested a container for Sven Coop and i don't know that it even existed, great game :D )

Edited by ich777

@ich777 I'm using your Factorio container (thanks for setting that up by the way)

It works fine, except that it's spamming my server log with network device renaming:

Dec 26 22:40:41 SkyNet kernel: eth0: renamed from veth8b51caa
Dec 26 22:40:44 SkyNet kernel: veth8b51caa: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:41:45 SkyNet kernel: eth0: renamed from veth21fc8e6
Dec 26 22:41:48 SkyNet kernel: veth21fc8e6: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:42:52 SkyNet kernel: veth3e0c201: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:44:57 SkyNet kernel: eth0: renamed from veth1eb2f47
Dec 26 22:44:59 SkyNet kernel: veth1eb2f47: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:46:00 SkyNet kernel: eth0: renamed from veth9ec956c
Dec 26 22:46:03 SkyNet kernel: veth9ec956c: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:47:04 SkyNet kernel: eth0: renamed from veth7c9b7a0
Dec 26 22:47:07 SkyNet kernel: veth7c9b7a0: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:48:10 SkyNet kernel: veth55156c5: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:49:11 SkyNet kernel: eth0: renamed from vethea63aa1
Dec 26 22:49:14 SkyNet kernel: vethea63aa1: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:51:20 SkyNet kernel: veth495550d: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:53:41 SkyNet kernel: eth0: renamed from vethf9f63eb
Dec 26 22:53:44 SkyNet kernel: vethf9f63eb: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:53:46 SkyNet kernel: eth0: renamed from vethfc8a62b
Dec 26 22:53:49 SkyNet kernel: vethfc8a62b: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:53:51 SkyNet kernel: eth0: renamed from veth75ee072
Dec 26 22:53:53 SkyNet kernel: veth75ee072: renamed from eth0
Dec 26 22:53:55 SkyNet kernel: eth0: renamed from veth87a2bb1
Dec 26 22:54:00 SkyNet kernel: eth0: renamed from veth1f27aac

Do you have any idea why it's doing that?  I'm assuming I set something up wrong, but have no clue as to what.

Edited by lordbob75
9 hours ago, lordbob75 said:

@ich777 I'm using your Factorio container (thanks for setting that up by the way)

It works fine, except that it's spamming my server log with network device renaming:

Do you have any idea why it's doing that?  I'm assuming I set something up wrong, but have no clue as to what.

I will take a look into this and report back, it's bot my container it's the official one, i only created the template for it because i played the game a lot.

Can you give me a screenshot from your settings on the dockerpage?

EDIT: No problem here, let it run for ~15min and got no such error, is the container running properly? Some other configuration that you've made to the template?

Installed it directly from the CA App and it works fine. ;)

Edited by ich777
8 hours ago, ParadoxBot7 said:

Is there a way to edit a .xml file hosted in the cache. IE i want to change the sever settings on my 7 days to die server to disable EAC so i can actually connect to it.

Thanks!

Yes, you have to share the folder appdata (that's more or less the cache depending on how you configured the appdata folder - by default it is configured to stay on cache), i would recommend you to share it as hidden so that not everybody can see it only if you know the path. ;)

7 hours ago, Doc Holliday said:

YESS!

Now  I got to figure out how to use these dockers.

Just download it from the CA App and it's up and running, read the description from the docker and from every variable carefully and you're good to go. ;)

On 12/27/2019 at 12:05 AM, ich777 said:

I will take a look into this and report back, it's bot my container it's the official one, i only created the template for it because i played the game a lot.

Can you give me a screenshot from your settings on the dockerpage?

EDIT: No problem here, let it run for ~15min and got no such error, is the container running properly? Some other configuration that you've made to the template?

Installed it directly from the CA App and it works fine. ;)

Oh I'm sure it's my fault somehow, I just dunno how.

Screenshot of settings:

image.thumb.png.9cab7072b03771600a2f894d6288eaf3.png

@ich777 Alrighty I think I have it figured out.  I believe the server was continually rebooting itself (taking about a minute to do so) and throwing an error when it tried to start, causing the reboot.

Error seems to have been caused by an out-dated map-settings file, which has now been corrected.  Server is stable, and the log is no longer being spammed.  Problem solved!  Confirmed I can connect to it as well.

Not sure what exactly happened with the map file, but I'm sure it was because of updates.

Edited by lordbob75
Fixed!