[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hey ich777, I tried out your js-DOS container and I can't get it to work properly.

I'm trying to load my Eye of the Beholder. It seems to work in a web browser on this site - https://www.retrogames.cz/play_456-DOS.php

But when I load it, the "fullscreen" button doesn't work and it doesn't load the game like it looks on retrogames.cz.

First run logs read:

---Setting umask to 000---
---Installing 'EOB'---
npx: installed 49 in 5.005s
Please select executable:
1. EOB.EXE
2. INSTALL.EXE
3. INTRO.EXE
4. START.EXE
Executable did not selected, exiting...
npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
npm WARN [email protected] No repository field.
npm WARN [email protected] No license field.

added 25 packages from 30 contributors and audited 27 packages in 1.649s
found 0 vulnerabilities

---Preparing Server---
---Checking if everything is setup correctly---
---index.html not properly setup, downloading---
---Sucessfully downloaded 'favicon.ico'---
---Sucessfully downloaded 'index.html'---
---Background color check---
---Background color: #1f1f1f---
---Dosbox varion check---
---Set Dosbox variant to: wdosbox-emterp---
---Writing configuration---
chmod: changing permissions of '/jsdos/eob.zip': Operation not permitted
---Starting Application: EOB---

> [email protected] start /jsdos/EOB
> http-server

Starting up http-server, serving ./public
Available on:
http://127.0.0.1:8080
http://172.17.0.10:8080
Hit CTRL-C to stop the server

and the website flashes loading some files but then nothing, and (as stated) the "fullscreen" button doesn't work (where it does work on the retro site).

Let me know what else I can provide to assist. Thanks!

Edited by veizour
6 hours ago, veizour said:

Hey ich777, I tried out your js-DOS container and I can't get it to work properly.

I'm trying to load my Eye of the Beholder. It seems to work in a web browser on this site - https://www.retrogames.cz/play_456-DOS.php

But when I load it, the "fullscreen" button doesn't work and it doesn't load the game like it looks on retrogames.cz.

First run logs read:

and the website flashes loading some files but then nothing, and (as stated) the "fullscreen" button doesn't work (where it does work on the retro site).

Let me know what else I can provide to assist. Thanks!

Can you provide a link to the zip file? I will also try it out on real dos hardware.

Also please send me a screenshot of your template page.

Are you sure that EOB is right? Habe you tried it with START?

Edited by ich777

Found the issue. I tried three games, Xanth, Buck Rogers (Matrix), and Eye of the Beholder.

Xanth worked, but others did not. The difference with XANTH.zip?

No sub directory.

I removed the subdiretory from EOB and MATRIX and they worked (after refresh of the web page).

Case closed. Thanks! This is so awesome!!!!

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, veizour said:

Found the issue. I tried three games, Xanth, Buck Rogers (Matrix), and Eye of the Beholder.

Xanth worked, but others did not. The difference with XANTH.zip?

No sub directory.

I removed the subdiretory from EOB and MATRIX and they worked (after refresh of the web page).

Case closed. Thanks! This is so awesome!!!!

Oh nice.

Also i think the discription of START_FILE variable say: 'Name of the file wich the countainer should start (idealy the file should be in the root of your zip file not in a subdirectory) !!!CASE SENSITIVE!!!'.

But i will change that to must be in the root of your zip file.

Thanks!

I'm trying to get an Ark:SE server running. However, seems to not work as expected.

I have went with the settings in the Docker template (standard ports etc, no custom configs). SteamCMD folder seems populated but ark-se folder is not, as per the log indication.

Not really sure what to change? Might I just be experiencing connection trouble with Steam?

2020_01_22_19_05_53_Greenshot.thumb.png.beafe2815e4721e22859dcd6aac14bfb.png

13 minutes ago, t33j4y said:

I'm trying to get an Ark:SE server running. However, seems to not work as expected.

I have went with the settings in the Docker template (standard ports etc, no custom configs). SteamCMD folder seems populated but ark-se folder is not, as per the log indication.

Not really sure what to change? Might I just be experiencing connection trouble with Steam?

Please don't fill in the steam credentials if they are not marked as required.

Ark doesn't need a steam username and password.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please don't fill in the steam credentials if they are not marked as required.

Ark doesn't need a steam username and password.

Thanks! That progressed thing a little further 🙂

Everything seems to start up fine but I get this error message in the end:

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

EDIT: Looking back in the thread, I can see that this is apparently only a warning because SteamCMD is not running. I'll try to muck about with it and see if I can find the server in the browser in-game.

Edited by t33j4y
Discovered earlier post on my issue.
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, t33j4y said:

Looking back in the thread, I can see that this is apparently only a warning because SteamCMD is not running. I'll try to muck about with it and see if I can find the server in the browser in-game.

Correct.

Please note that ark is a server that has to be port forwarded correctly and opened the ports to the internet to work correctly amd show up in the server list, im not 100% sure if there is a LAN only mode.

Would it be possible to add auto-update as an option instead of hardcoded?
If you have a lot of mods going things go south quickly thanks to workshop auto updating

Also wondering why the GAME_PARAMS are ignored for Conan?
I added "-nosteamclient -game -server" but if I look at the start-server.sh in the docker nothing is added

Honestly not even sure those cmds will help... Conan takes so long to restart so I'm trying ways to possibly speed it up or not require restarts

Tks

8 hours ago, melmurp said:

Would it be possible to add auto-update as an option instead of hardcoded?
If you have a lot of mods going things go south quickly thanks to workshop auto updating

How is this implemented in conan?

Is it just a startup switch?

Also wondering why the GAME_PARAMS are ignored for Conan?
I added "-nosteamclient -game -server" but if I look at the start-server.sh in the docker nothing is added

Oh sorry forget to add the variable to the end of the startup command will be fixed in a few hours.

But please note that you don't see it in your start-server.sh

EDIT: Please update the container itself since i've updated the image itself now the GAME_PARAMS variable is no longer ignored (sorry for that also thank you for reporting that).

Edited by ich777

So I just installed an ATLAS docker in my unRaid.  Started up fine I suppose.  I want to modify the default game server passwords, but don't know how.  Also.. I can console onto the docker server, but steam user can't sudo (not installed) and I can't login as root (don't know the password).  How can I get to root on these docker servers?  Simply to use apt-get to download top, or vi to modify config files.. etc.  Thanks!

-- update --  So I found how to get to root in the docker instance for my ATLAS server.  From an unRaid terminal I can do:

docker exec -u 0 -it ATLAS bash

Edited by packmule
7 hours ago, packmule said:

I can console onto the docker server, but steam user can't sudo (not installed) and I can't login as root (don't know the password).

Why did you need sudo? (Btw i would prefer the command 'docker exec -ti --user root ATLAS /bin/bash')

7 hours ago, packmule said:

Simply to use apt-get to download top, or vi to modify config files.. etc.

You can do it that way but please keep in mind everytime you change something in the container template in Unraid nano or vi will be uninstalled.

Go into your appdata folder and then in the created 'atlas' folder and edit the files (Just share the folder 'appdata' folder as hidden and you can access it - like a normal created share - via smb and edit the files).

If you want to do it from the console you don't have to use the above command just open a normal Unraid terminal (without using the above command) go to your appdata folder (i think it should be 'cd /mnt/user/appdata') and then into your atlas folder ('cd atlas') and in whatever subdirectory you need and then use nano (e.g 'nano somefile.cfg').

4 hours ago, phat_cow said:

How does the Arma 3 Exile mod work? I can't get it to show up in the server list? Also, I don't even know the name of the server. Is there a config file somewheres?

What is the question exactly? Did you find your Arma3ExileMod folder on unraid?

The server works like a normal Arma3ExileMod server the files are stored in your 'appdata' folder, like i said above just share this folder and you can access it via a smb filebrowser (like a normal created share) on your Unraid server (You don't have to use the terminal like i said above it's just another way to do it).

Also - I am having a heck of a time with port forwarding.  All the other sites I see on which ports should be forwarded for Atlas are different than the ones the docker image is listening on.  I am forwarding the ones listening through direct on my router.  But should I be listening on some official ports and forwarding them to the different ones that the docker image is listening on?  like my unRaid is looking like this:90408576_atlasports.png.8c9369c9ad9c64e6940e4ec61ffdb17e.png

And I am port forwarding these TCP and UDP ports from my external IP to the 47.3 unRaid server.  Still don't seem my game show up in the server list yet, so figure it is something here.

Ideas?

1 hour ago, packmule said:

Thank you, very helpful!  I get it now.  One other question:  Do I need to set my own WorldAtlasId ?  Like will the default one conflict with someone else installing the docker image the same way?  Does it generate it when the docker image gets created?  

For game specific questions i can't help since i don't own the game personally (was only requested and tested by the persion that requested it if he can connect to my server and if everything works correctly).

But it should all create and work correctly since i've tested it a while ago (switched all my images to debian buster).

1 hour ago, packmule said:

All the other sites I see on which ports should be forwarded for Atlas are different than the ones the docker image is listening on.

I've remember that they changed ports at some point and i've also had to search long bevor i found the right ports.

The ports in the container should be the right ones.

Please don't NAT the ports to other ports in your router (also are you shure that the ports are reachable from outside many ISP's block the ports from outside if you don't got a static IP...).

The first step would be to check if you can connect to it from your LAN (a good tool for this is the Steam Server Browser - i think you must click on 'View' and then on 'Server Browser' and then go to 'Favourites' and click on 'Add Server'- also can't tell what's the exact definition in english since i'm using the german Steam Client - also don't forget to specify the port e.g: 192.168.47.3:32300 - but i don't know if this is the right steam port for this container try all ports and then click on 'Refresh' in the Steam Server Browser)

If you need other ports please delete the ports in the template and create new ones and also change them in the config.

The server list in steam was a great suggestion.  It doesn't find the server automatically but when I Add a Server and put in 192.168.47.3:57550 it immediately changes it in the list to "ATLAS Docker - (v402.6)" and shows the map as Ocean and Game as ATLAS, players 0/38, etc.  But if I try and connect to it, it shows:

525997653_nogameserver.png.4a2fcf3f7a71fee3e6a4a91962394e2c.png

So - I am thinking this is not a port forwarding problem on my router, as I am going directly to the server.  As far as I can tell, the Atlas server is running fine in docker.  It is definitely listening on all the ports:

atlas_listening.png.76fb18dfff2273d62d5382bfae12c790.png

and unRaid opening/bridging those same ports for TCP and UDP..

2003552997_unraidbridge.thumb.png.b2868530456e42c5ee350cf148b2f171.png

So I am unsure what the disconnect currently is.  At one point in my testing when trying to connect it asked for the password and actively directed my running Atlas game client to point to the server but failed to get the server info and failed at that point.

The only thing I have changed on your image is in the ServerGrid.json file - I changed the WorldFriendlyName and the WorldAtlasPassword entries.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  

12 minutes ago, packmule said:

The server list in steam was a great suggestion.  It doesn't find the server automatically but when I Add a Server and put in 192.168.47.3:57550 it immediately changes it in the list to "ATLAS Docker - (v402.6)" and shows the map as Ocean and Game as ATLAS, players 0/38, etc.  But if I try and connect to it, it shows:

525997653_nogameserver.png.4a2fcf3f7a71fee3e6a4a91962394e2c.png

So - I am thinking this is not a port forwarding problem on my router, as I am going directly to the server.  As far as I can tell, the Atlas server is running fine in docker.  It is definitely listening on all the ports:

atlas_listening.png.76fb18dfff2273d62d5382bfae12c790.png

and unRaid opening/bridging those same ports for TCP and UDP..

2003552997_unraidbridge.thumb.png.b2868530456e42c5ee350cf148b2f171.png

So I am unsure what the disconnect currently is.  At one point in my testing when trying to connect it asked for the password and actively directed my running Atlas game client to point to the server but failed to get the server info and failed at that point.

The only thing I have changed on your image is in the ServerGrid.json file - I changed the WorldFriendlyName and the WorldAtlasPassword entries.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  

Okay, then you report the container as broken?

Since i'm not owning the game and can't investigate further i will drop it from the CA App.

Btw have you also clicked on refresh bevor clicking connect in the server browser?

Also, please note that the server browser can't always connect directly to the game itself, can you try to connect manually inside the gane with all the ports...

On 1/29/2020 at 1:50 AM, ich777 said:

How is this implemented in conan?

Is it just a startup switch?

Basically have a boolean env var called auto-update then check if true/false.

If false then don't run the below command or parse the mod list.. skip right to starting the game with existing data

${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh \
+@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType windows \
+login ${USERNAME} ${PASSWRD} \
+force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} \
+app_update ${GAME_ID} \
+quit

I'm sure other mod heavy games would benefit from it as well... Conan is just is a headache as things update a lot so you might have to reboot multiple times a day so player/server are in sync. Making it configurable lets the server dictate the reboots and the players can use the modlist.txt trick to avoid steams forced updates.

Thanks for fixing the parms thing so fast.. appreciate it!

12 hours ago, packmule said:

I can't say it is broken, just not working for me.  Could be my own setup. 

Definitely have refreshed.  And within the Atlas game I do not see a Direct Connect or Connect to IP like I do with many other games.  It only has the list.  I will keep poking around.

Please keep me informed if i don't hear back in a week from you i will pull the container from the CA App.

Basically have a boolean env var called auto-update then check if true/false.

If false then don't run the below command or parse the mod list.. skip right to starting the game with existing data

${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh \
+@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType windows \
+login ${USERNAME} ${PASSWRD} \
+force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} \
+app_update ${GAME_ID} \
+quit

That's doable but confusing to users that want to use the container as standalone only for the basic conan server.

But this command will only check if the game is installed you must enable validation via the variable to force an update.

I don't get this exactly... I thought there is a autoupdate command so that the server does everything without steamcmd.

Also help me with the workshop content, is it updated everytime you start the container, isn't this also like you have to enable validation of the gamefiles (this is a thing that is not in the container - currently)?

I know this only from the CounterStrike:Source or GO where you must enable the validation to update the server, the initial command checks only if the gamefiles are there and then it continues.

Hi ich777, requesting a game docker for Days of War, just released.

If you need the game I can send a gift to you via steam. (I think yours is 'Chips' ?)

The developer already has a wiki up and it has a Server Administration page here.

Thanks for the day of defeat:source docker and others by the way, having lots of fun with these!

Edit: reminds me, never sent a donation for your help on RCBot2 set up for dod:s, just fixed that.

Edited by INsane
7 minutes ago, INsane said:

Hi ich777, requesting a game docker for Days of War, just released.

Yep, this container should be no problem after a look at the Admin Page.

(I think yours is 'Chips' ?)

Yep exactly. ;)

Edit: reminds me, never sent a donation for your help on RCBot2 set up for dod:s, just fixed that.

I really appreciate that!

• Like 1