[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

3 hours ago, INsane said:

Gift sent to your steam ID. Enjoy Days of War.

Container is now finished and should be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

EDIT: DayOfDefeat Classic is now also finished and should be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

Edited by ich777
15 hours ago, ich777 said:

That's doable but confusing to users that want to use the container as standalone only for the basic conan server.

But this command will only check if the game is installed you must enable validation via the variable to force an update.

I don't get this exactly... I thought there is a autoupdate command so that the server does everything without steamcmd.

Also help me with the workshop content, is it updated everytime you start the container, isn't this also like you have to enable validation of the gamefiles (this is a thing that is not in the container - currently)?

I know this only from the CounterStrike:Source or GO where you must enable the validation to update the server, the initial command checks only if the gamefiles are there and then it continues.

app_update will pull down a new version
validate runs a checksum like thing against the files to make sure they're not corrupted

I don't think conan itself has version checking internally... I don't see anything in the menus but I could be blind :)

Still having issues with the Atlas server.  I am confident all the ports are opened and forwarded to the server, and the server is listening on the ports.  I can add a server to favorites through the Steam client  view->servers.  Then it appears in the Favorites list in the Atlas game, along with the details I have customized (like server name).  But it can't connect.  When looking at the UDP traffic when trying to connect - I get a lot of traffic with "Crypto handshake missing cert or session data.."  and then a bunch of zeroes.

Perhaps the crypto package needs to be updated?  I am unsure where to look next, but still trying things.  I would hate to have you remove a working server from the CA App because I may be doing something wrong.  Is there a way you can have the original person who verified it is working after your Debian update to verify it again?  Or can anyone else verify they have used this Altas unRaid docker successfully?

Edited by packmule
7 hours ago, packmule said:

Still having issues with the Atlas server.  I am confident all the ports are opened and forwarded to the server, and the server is listening on the ports.  I can add a server to favorites through the Steam client  view->servers.  Then it appears in the Favorites list in the Atlas game, along with the details I have customized (like server name).  But it can't connect.  When looking at the UDP traffic when trying to connect - I get a lot of traffic with "Crypto handshake missing cert or session data.."  and then a bunch of zeroes.

Perhaps the crypto package needs to be updated?  I am unsure where to look next.

Then i will pull it from the CA App since i can't investigate further.

8 hours ago, melmurp said:

app_update will pull down a new version
validate runs a checksum like thing against the files to make sure they're not corrupted

I don't think conan itself has version checking internally... I don't see anything in the menus but I could be blind :)

But will this not be rather confusing? Does it take so long if there is a newer version and is this not the intended way if there is a newer version?

I have been running MinecraftBasicServer for quite awhile now for my son.  He asked me to if I could switch Minecraft Forge.  I downloaded the two jar files required and changed the docker to point to minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar.  What extra setup is required to start adding mods?

34 minutes ago, Gragorg said:

I have been running MinecraftBasicServer for quite awhile now for my son.  He asked me to if I could switch Minecraft Forge.  I downloaded the two jar files required and changed the docker to point to minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar.  What extra setup is required to start adding mods?

This is a totally game specific question, it's not different from a standard forge server.

I've run forge also a while but switched back to spigot after a while because it's easier to manage.

Also, don't have it to point to a forge jar file?

It's been a while since i've made a forge server and it can be really a big pain.

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is a totally game specific question, it's not different from a standard forge server.

I've run forge also a while but switched back to spigot after a while because it's easier to manage.

Also, don't have it to point to a forge jar file?

It's been a while since i've made a forge server and it can be really a big pain.

I pointed it to the forge jar file first but didn't seem to work.  I will take another look.  If I point to the forge jar file no extra setup should be require for the docker to see the main server jar?  Does the mod directory require setup in the docker container?

Edited by Gragorg
On 1/31/2020 at 11:53 PM, ich777 said:

Container is now finished and should be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

EDIT: DayOfDefeat Classic is now also finished and should be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

These are great, both working. Thanks again.

I sorted out the port forwarding in my router for Days of War and I have my local game visible in the in-game browser, confirm all works!

The day of defeat one works too, slight problem with getting bot programs to work but that's normal, Linux versions for dod classic AI Bots are problematic anyway.

Edited by INsane
spelling
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, jang430 said:

Does these containers require my Unraid to have a dedicated GPU?  What kind of steam games are you creating a container of for now?  Those games that can be run on Linux?  Or even those that run on Windows only?  Very excited about this project.

Thanks!

This containers doesn't require a GPU.

I create only dedicated servers for games where dedicated servers are available (mainly for linux games but i also look into windows games).

Hi am just starting to use dockers.  I am trying to use the MinecraftBasicServer and I can't seem to figure out how to change what version it's trying to download.  I got the server file I want for the correct version of minecraft uploaded to the appdata but when I check the logs its still trying to download 1.15.1.  I am sure its a simple setting I am missing.  Any help would be amazing :)

1 hour ago, Grydian said:

Hi am just starting to use dockers.  I am trying to use the MinecraftBasicServer and I can't seem to figure out how to change what version it's trying to download.  I got the server file I want for the correct version of minecraft uploaded to the appdata but when I check the logs its still trying to download 1.15.1.  I am sure its a simple setting I am missing.  Any help would be amazing :)

Please read the description and the text from the variables carefully.

Stop the container, place your preferred serverfile into the minecraft folder in your appdata directory, delete the downloaded 'server.jar', edit the container and at the variable 'Serverfile name' type in the exact name of your serverfile that you've placed above in your minecraft directory without the '.jar' extension, start the container.

When you've done everything correctly the container won't try to download another version.

Edited by ich777

I might be wrong, but when I have set different UID and GID this does not seem to be respecting that.

Edit: Looking at the files, the UID and GID are currently hardcoded in the dockerfile and I do not see anything in the start scripting to change from the default values of 99 and 100.

So if you need to change this, you need to use the dockerfile and build the image yourself currently.

Might be an improvement to add something to the built in start script to account for this.

Many thanks @ich777

Edited by aterfax
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, aterfax said:

I might be wrong, but when I have set different UID and GID this does not seem to be respecting that.

Edit: Looking at the files, the UID and GID are currently hardcoded in the dockerfile and I do not see anything in the start scripting to change from the default values of 99 and 100.

So if you need to change this, you need to use the dockerfile and build the image yourself currently.

Might be an improvement to add something to the built in start script to account for this.

Many thanks @ich777

Will correct that, but it will take a few days since i'm not getting much time at the moment.

I have been trying to move my minecraft server from a VM to this docker to save system resources and so I installed the one for minecraft and no matter the settings I choose when installing it just won't work. I have tried everything I can think of from reinstalling, moving to location, using different jars nothing has worked. Any help would be great.

This is what the log says when I launch it:

---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for 'runtime' folder---
---'runtime' folder found---
---Checking if Runtime is installed---
---Runtime found---
---Checking for Minecraft Server executable ---
---Minecraft Server executable found---
---Preparing Server---
---Checking for 'server.properties'---
---'server.properties' found...
---Checking for old logs---
---Starting Server---
---Waiting for logs, please stand by...---
[20:20:43] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Stopping the server�r
[20:20:43] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Stopping server
[20:20:43] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Saving players
[20:20:43] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Saving worlds
[20:20:43] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Saving chunks for level 'world'/overworld
[20:20:43] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension 0
[20:20:43] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[20:20:43] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
[20:20:43] [Server Shutdown Thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Stopping server
[20:20:43] [Server Shutdown Thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer]: Saving players

6 hours ago, Baythar said:

I have been trying to move my minecraft server from a VM to this docker to save system resources and so I installed the one for minecraft and no matter the settings I choose when installing it just won't work. I have tried everything I can think of from reinstalling, moving to location, using different jars nothing has worked. Any help would be great.

This is what the log says when I launch it:

---Runtime found---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---

I think this is a Forge server or am i wrong?

What VM where you running windows or linux?

Please note that if you had a windows server many plugins/mods are available for windows or linux and you must download it according to your OS.

Can you try to install a vanilla forge and look if it runs?

Also how many mods are you running?

I've also experienced a problem like this on my old forge server caused by some modloaders/mods itself so switched back to spigot... Easier to manage... :D

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think this is a Forge server or am i wrong?

What VM where you running windows or linux?

Please note that if you had a windows server many plugins/mods are available for windows or linux and you must download it according to your OS.

Can you try to install a vanilla forge and look if it runs?

Also how many mods are you running?

I've also experienced a problem like this on my old forge server caused by some modloaders/mods itself so switched back to spigot... Easier to manage... :D

Thanks for the help but sadly it didn't work. The particular install that the log came from was a forge install from a windows VM because I was just trying a bunch of different ones to get it to work. So I downloaded a new Universal jar for forge and same problem, Then I tried uninstalling all mods and same thing. I then did a fresh install of the Docker and downloaded a 1.15.2 server file and tried it and this time the logs were slightly different.

---Runtime found---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---
mmap failed for CEN and END part of zip file
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/ClassNotFoundException: error in opening JAR file /serverdata/serverfiles/runtime/jre1.8.0_231/lib/rt.jar

Also The CSGO docker has been working great but I am not sure how I would go about installing the Surf timers plugin for it.

42 minutes ago, Baythar said:

mmap failed for CEN and END part of zip file
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/ClassNotFoundException: error in opening JAR file /serverdata/serverfiles/runtime/jre1.8.0_231/lib/rt.jar

There is something wrong with the installation, can you please send me a link wich version of Forge that you use.

43 minutes ago, Baythar said:

Also The CSGO docker has been working great but I am not sure how I would go about installing the Surf timers plugin for it.

That's a completely game specific question and it's installed like in a normal dedicated server? Is there a tutorial that you can send me a link?

Thanks ich777 for all the work you do for the containers. Been using your Minecraft one for a few months now and its easy to use working well!

Was wondering if anyone could help me with being able to add a second Minecraft server. I'm a little stuck. I created a new container using the working Minecraft server as a template and changed up the port #s and with a new name. I then tried to add it to my DuckDNS, and LetsEncrypt as a new subdomain.

Container starts successfully in Unraid but when i go to the server files to upload the new server.jar it did not actually run or download any of the needed files. I was wondering where i might be going wrong with setting up the second docker. Original still works. Would greatly appreciate any guidance/advice! See attached below of settings i've got for the two containers.

image.thumb.png.7814083ed52f6d32aef1e586930e0859.png

image.thumb.png.57124681cbf57819daccdc528246ed85.png

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

There is something wrong with the installation, can you please send me a link wich version of Forge that you use.

Thats what I'm guessing but I have uninstalled and reinstalled this docker like ten times trying every location I can on my server so I don't understand why it would be broken. The Forge version I just tried is the latest one from the minecraftforge.net website version 32.1.0 but I also just tried a Vanilla 1.15.2 jar and earlier tried a 1.12.2 forge version and a 1.12.2 Spigot version.

9 minutes ago, Baythar said:

Thats what I'm guessing but I have uninstalled and reinstalled this docker like ten times trying every location I can on my server so I don't understand why it would be broken. The Forge version I just tried is the latest one from the minecraftforge.net website version 32.1.0 but I also just tried a Vanilla 1.15.2 jar and earlier tried a 1.12.2 forge version and a 1.12.2 Spigot version.

Have you got a cache drive in your server or does it run of of the array drives?

Also please note that you must increase the size of the allocated ram for the java vm in the template if you run forge and a lot of plugins...

Tried the latest spigot and vanilla version without any problem, starts just fine and can join the game.