[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

6 hours ago, antindragonslayer said:

I´ve found this, https://github.com/bgauduch/call-of-duty-2-docker-server that mentions https://killtube.org/showthread.php?1719-Latest-cod2-linux-binaries-(1-0-1-2-1-3). Possible to make an unraid-version?

I could upload all the needed gamefiles.

But that's for the original game and not the steam version.

...and i simply can't build the gamefiles directly into the container since they are copyright protected by the publisher.

hey @ich777

i had a team fortress classic server running on 6.7.1 with no issues.   Since updating to 6.8.2 I can't seem to get it to start.   I tried removing the appropriate folder in appdata and re-downloading the docker image, but it seems to not be able to run.  I keep getting the same error.

Thu 20 Feb 2020 09:03:56 AM EST: Server restart in 10 seconds

Console initialized.
Using breakpad crash handler
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 20
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
_stat on file /serverdata/serverfiles/./tfc/liblist.gam which appeared to exist failed!!!
_stat on file /serverdata/serverfiles/./tfc/liblist.gam which appeared to exist failed!!!

this repeats over and over to no end.

any idea on what im doing wrong?

2 hours ago, coolasice1999 said:

hey @ich777

i had a team fortress classic server running on 6.7.1 with no issues.   Since updating to 6.8.2 I can't seem to get it to start.   I tried removing the appropriate folder in appdata and re-downloading the docker image, but it seems to not be able to run.  I keep getting the same error.

Thu 20 Feb 2020 09:03:56 AM EST: Server restart in 10 seconds

Console initialized.
Using breakpad crash handler
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 20
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit

this repeats over and over to no end.

any idea on what im doing wrong?

When did you install the container for the first time?

Can you change the path from /mnt/user/appdata/tf2 to /mnt/cache/appdata/tf2? Eventually that's the problem if you have it installed it long ago...

Also did you verfiy the files?

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

When did you install the container for the first time?

Can you change the path from /mnt/user/appdata/tf2 to /mnt/cache/appdata/tf2? Eventually that's the problem if you have it installed it long ago...

Also did you verfiy the files?

that did it. all working again.  thanks.  so we should use /mnt/cache instead of /mnt/user?

48 minutes ago, coolasice1999 said:

that did it. all working again.  thanks.  so we should use /mnt/cache instead of /mnt/user?

Yep, updated the template a few months ago since this is many of my containers the case, but not in all.

CS:Source and CS:GO also works with the old directory...

1 hour ago, coolasice1999 said:

so we should use /mnt/cache instead of /mnt/user?

That assumes you actually HAVE a cache drive or pool set up. Not all Unraid users do.

If you change to /mnt/cache and DON'T have a valid cache setup, it will still work as long as you don't run out of RAM, and everything saved to /mnt/cache will disappear when you reboot.

3 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

That assumes you actually HAVE a cache drive or pool set up. Not all Unraid users do.

If you change to /mnt/cache and DON'T have a valid cache setup, it will still work as long as you don't run out of RAM, and everything saved to /mnt/cache will disappear when you reboot.

But what changed in unraid 6.8 so that some of my container didn't work or simply can't write or even read properly from the path /mnt/user/appdata?

Doese the path /mnt/cache exist if you don't have a cache pool setup?

Also the container will still not work if the path points to /mnt/user/

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But what changed in unraid 6.8 so that some of my container didn't work or simply can't write or even read properly from the path /mnt/user/appdata?

Doese the path /mnt/cache exist if you don't have a cache pool setup?

Also the container will still not work if the path points to /mnt/user/

The difference between /mnt/user and /mnt/disk or cache has been an ongoing issue for several years now. Some versions work better than others, theoretically the 6.8.x tree was supposed to have solved all that for good, but apparently not.

Initially the /mnt/cache path will not exist with no cache set up, but the docker engine will happily create defined paths as soon as a container with that path defined is started.

There are no guaranteed paths with direct disk access right now. The closest guarantee would be /mnt/disk1, but even that may not exist if someone skips the #1 slot for some reason.

Hey. Trying to get a killing floor server running but I'm running into some issues accessing it anywhere but from my LAN. I have it set up and running with the default configuration and I can query and connect to it using my server's local IP address but no luck connecting from outside.

Here is my relevant NAT configuration if it helps (pfSense)
image.thumb.png.91c1abf1e7561c1185c133da19cad2a0.png

Is there anything I'm missing? From my understanding this should just be accessible outside of my network, right?

6 hours ago, tsavery said:

Hey. Trying to get a killing floor server running but I'm running into some issues accessing it anywhere but from my LAN. I have it set up and running with the default configuration and I can query and connect to it using my server's local IP address but no luck connecting from outside.

Here is my relevant NAT configuration if it helps (pfSense)
Is there anything I'm missing? From my understanding this should just be accessible outside of my network, right?

This looks all correct and should be working, are you sure that your ISP doesn't block some ports?

On which port did you connect to the container from outside? Have you already tried to connect through the steam server browser? Have you got a static IP v4 or a dynamic?

Since i'm not very familiar with pfSense (i'm using IPFire) i really can't help if there is anything misconfigured.

Edited by ich777
5 hours ago, ich777 said:

This looks all correct and should be working, are you sure that your ISP doesn't block some ports?

On which port did you connect to the container from outside? Have you already tried to connect through the steam server browser? Have you got a static IP v4 or a dynamic?

Since i'm not very familiar with pfSense (i'm using IPFire) i really can't help if there is anything misconfigured.

As far as I know my ISP isn't blocking anything. I have inbound and outbound NAT set up on my router so those ports should be fine. 

As far as what's working, I can connect to the server on my lan using port 7707, and I can view it in the steam server browser using the query port 28852.

If I try to connect/query using those same ports on my public IP (or through my DNS that resolves the address correctly) I haven't had any luck. I also can't see the server in the ingame server browser but I'm sure that a symptom of whatever the problem is.  I'm kind of at a loss because I have a reverse proxy set up through letsencrypt and duckdns and have had no problem connecting to the service that I have running on it. Is it possible that letencrypt is affecting something? I think my IP is dynamic but even using the DNS doesn't seem to help.

Also, I tried hosting another server (sven coop) and ran into the same problem, was able to connect/query locally but couldn't access the server on the public IP after forwarding the required ports.

Edited by tsavery
2 hours ago, tsavery said:

As far as I know my ISP isn't blocking anything. I have inbound and outbound NAT set up on my router so those ports should be fine. 

As far as what's working, I can connect to the server on my lan using port 7707, and I can view it in the steam server browser using the query port 28852.

If I try to connect/query using those same ports on my public IP (or through my DNS that resolves the address correctly) I haven't had any luck. I also can't see the server in the ingame server browser but I'm sure that a symptom of whatever the problem is.  I'm kind of at a loss because I have a reverse proxy set up through letsencrypt and duckdns and have had no problem connecting to the service that I have running on it. Is it possible that letencrypt is affecting something? I think my IP is dynamic but even using the DNS doesn't seem to help.

Also, I tried hosting another server (sven coop) and ran into the same problem, was able to connect/query locally but couldn't access the server on the public IP after forwarding the required ports.

But i hope you don't reverse proxy the ports through letsencrypt....

I can tell you that the sven coop server works perfectly fine over the internet since i have one on my server running.

I will create a killing floor server on my unraid server, please write me a short pm so that i can give you the ip adress and you can try to connect.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

But i hope you don't reverse proxy the ports through letsencrypt....

I can tell you that the sven coop server works perfectly fine over the internet since i have one on my server running.

I will create a killing floor server on my unraid server, please write me a short pm so that i can give you the ip adress and you can try to connect.

The ports are not on the reverse proxy. I'll shoot you a pm and try to connect when I get home.

Hello,

After updating the MinecraftBasicServer to the latest master I'm unable to connect to the console. Executing 'screen -xS Minecraft' (without quotes of course) results in 'There is no screen to be attached matching Minecraft.'. It was working fine before I updated it. Reinstalling didn't help. Running 'screen -list' results in no screens found. Any advice?

10 hours ago, supersnellehenk said:

Hello,

After updating the MinecraftBasicServer to the latest master I'm unable to connect to the console. Executing 'screen -xS Minecraft' (without quotes of course) results in 'There is no screen to be attached matching Minecraft.'. It was working fine before I updated it. Reinstalling didn't help. Running 'screen -list' results in no screens found. Any advice?

For the time you can enter: 'su minecraft' and then connect to the screen session (this is only a workaround a new update is coming soon)

EDIT: Please try this from the server console and not the container console: 'docker exec -u minecraft -ti <Name of your MCContainer> screen -xS Minecraft' (without quotes) to exit the screen session press CTRL+A and then CTRL+D or simply close the window in the first place (don't press CTRL+C since you are going to shutdown the MC server).

Edited by ich777
  • Like 1

It seems that after I applied the last update of the Ark docker, the server no longer announces itself. I cannot see it in the in-game server browser. I didn't change any settings, only applied the update. Port forwards are the same.

These are the last entries in the log:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Loaded client id: 14768019353233213554
Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Failed to init SDL priority manager: SDL not found

Failed to set thread priority: per-thread setup failed

OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Loaded client id: 14768019353233213554
Logged in OK

Any ideas as to where to look, or for what?

Thanks in advance!

First of all: Thanks for this great container! :)

Today I updated my server without any changes to game settings nor network settings and it stuck in a boot loop.
Created a new container with fresh downloaded data but the same issue appeared.

Can't get into any of the containers as they reboots constantly (about 20 sec intervals) so I cannot get hold of any logs.

Anyone else have a similar issue?
Recommendations?

Cheers!

39 minutes ago, t33j4y said:

It seems that after I applied the last update of the Ark docker, the server no longer announces itself. I cannot see it in the in-game server browser. I didn't change any settings, only applied the update. Port forwards are the same.

These are the last entries in the log:

Any ideas as to where to look, or for what?

Thanks in advance!

I will test this on my server, will report back tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Drattaner said:

Can't get into any of the containers as they reboots constantly (about 20 sec intervals) so I cannot get hold of any logs.

Anyone else have a similar issue?
Recommendations?

Cheers!

Which is any of the containers (Please specify the containers that are not working)? I got 3 running and have no problem at all.

Can you also post a screenshot of the template page?

Edited by ich777

post update last night my ark server is boot looping as well. i also tried reinstalling and have it resetting every 20 or so seconds.

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

OK.
Logging in user 'daddydeadpool' to Steam Public ...
Loaded client id: 6734852361844611401
Listening for connections on: 0.0.0.0:27038
BAcceptConnection: 192.168.86.50:55543
Received broadcast message from client 14732462042830453480 (Senpais-Tower): 192.168.86.93:27036
Incoming connection accepted: 0x9 192.168.86.50:55543
FAILED login with result code Rate Limit Exceeded

---Update Server---

OK.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
./ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libsteam_api.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.

---Update Server---

OK.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
./ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libsteam_api.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.

---Update Server---

OK.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.

---Update Server---

OK.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.

---Update Server---

OK.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.

---Update Server---

OK.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.

---Update Server---

OK.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.

---Update Server---

OK.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.

---Update Server---

OK.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.

---Update Server---

OK.

---Prepare Server---