[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I will test this on my server, will report back tomorrow.

Which is any of the containers (Please specify the containers that are not working)? I got 3 running and have no problem at all.

Can you also post a screenshot of the template page?

Right, Sorry! :D
I have 3 Ark-SE containers and they are all stuck in boot loop. 
2 of them I've had a couple of months (since before x-mas) and the third is new since today when I first noticed the problem.

Is this the info you are looking for?

2020-02-26 195118.jpg

2 minutes ago, Drattaner said:

@ich777

I found why and the solution:

The files that are supposed to be in '/ark-se/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux' are missing.
So, I created a directory there called 'Linux' and added the files from this archive someone friendly uploaded:
http://www.korangar.net/ARKSNAFU/Linux.bz2

Cheers all!

This could not be te solution since it always worked. What's the source of this solution?

Just now, ich777 said:

This could not be te solution since it always worked. What's the source of this solution?

Well, it's from my own trial and error. So, my containers was stuck in boot loop. I found that the logs complained about missing 'libsteam_api.so' (yes, I finally found the log). So I googled it and found a bunch of other users with same issue. Seems not related to this container but missing from the release it self (someone said on a forum).
So I downloaded the archive and put it in the app-data folder as specified in prev post.

Source: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/507590-error-linux-server-missing-file-not-starting/&

2 minutes ago, Drattaner said:

I'll try one more completely fresh/new container even if my primary container works allready.

Thanks for help and fix!

Cheers!  👍

Simply click on the check for updates button on the bottom of the page and wait for it to say update ready and then click on it and everything should work.

I am trying to setup the ARK docker container now.  

I get the following in my logs:

Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Listening for connections on: 0.0.0.0:27036
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
ERROR! Failed to install app '376030' (No subscription)
---Prepare Server---
---Librarys not found, downloading---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 56: cd: /serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux: No such file or directory
---Something went wrong, can't download Librarys, putting server in sleep mode---

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, darkrom said:

I am trying to setup the ARK docker container now.  

I get the following in my logs:

Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Listening for connections on: 0.0.0.0:27036
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
ERROR! Failed to install app '376030' (No subscription)
---Prepare Server---
---Librarys not found, downloading---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 56: cd: /serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux: No such file or directory
---Something went wrong, can't download Librarys, putting server in sleep mode---

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

You filled out the steam username and password am i right? Please don't do this if they are don't marked as required.

Also your log says, because you filled out the username and password, that the app (ARK) was not installed and of course the container can't find the path ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux because the app failed to install.

Edited by ich777
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

You filled out the steam username and password am i right? Please don't do this if they are don't marked as required.

Also your log says, because you filled out the username and password, that the app (ARK) was not installed and of course the container can't find the path ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux because the app failed to install.

Thank you, that seemed to do it.  I still need to install the actual game to test, but I'll be sending a donation your way as soon as I get this up and running, you offer so much to the community and the support is better than most paid products.  Thank you truly.  

• Thanks 1

Hey, I seem to be having the same issue with the 7 Days to Die container. Was working great, I moved my appdata share onto my cache drive and now i'm getting the same error.

Loading Steam API...Failed to init SDL priority manager: SDL not found

Failed to set thread priority: per-thread setup failed

Hopefully I haven't killed it!

Any ideas?

Cheers.

24 minutes ago, WeAreTheDynamite said:

Hey, I seem to be having the same issue with the 7 Days to Die container. Was working great, I moved my appdata share onto my cache drive and now i'm getting the same error.

Loading Steam API...Failed to init SDL priority manager: SDL not found

Hopefully I haven't killed it!

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Can you post the full log in a seperate file?

7DtD is a little difficult for me to test since i don't own the game.

But i will look into it but not sure if it's possible in the next few days...

EDIT: Please note that you should also change the directory from /mnt/usr/appdata/... to /mnt/user/cache/...

Edited by ich777

Log posted in pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/RAAu9huL

Thanks so much for your help! 

If you need a copy of the game for testing, happy to gift it to you on steam as a small token of appreciation!

Perhaps you could shed some light on the appdata path thing for me though? I've seen a few differing ideas on this.

My understanding is /mnt/user/appdata with the share set to cache only is the "best" way to do this?

But i've seen people suggest using /mnt/cache/appdata - this maps it directly to the drive without creating an exportable user share as far as I know?

Wouldn't your suggestion of using /mnt/user/cache/ just create a new user share called cache with which I could set any of the same parameters as my current appdata share?

Sorry, I know it's off topic but I'm interested in peoples different ideas on the best way to do things.

The server can't find the executable, thats the reason why the container can't start.

'/serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64: No such file'

Please check if the file '7DaysToDieServer.x86_64' exists in your main 7dtd directory.

Sorry the path /mnt/cache/appdata/... is correct (was not at home and wrote this post in a hurry).

Most of the containers doesn't work when you are on Unraid >=6.8.0 and the path points to /mnt/user/appdata/...

You must change it to /mnt/cache/appdata/... (for example thr Don't Starve together needs this change otherwise ot doesn't work).

Also please read this:

Edited by ich777

This might be a dumb question but I cant find any info on it at all. How are people seeing what the steam cmd console is saying? I started the docker and can see that it is adding files to my appdata directory but its been doing so for over an hour now. I know the ark server is big but it shouldn't take that long. Being able to see the steam cmd log would be really helpful.

edit: I found the logs! having the docker containers tab in advanced view makes the logs button disappear... Anyways, the docker has been running for over an hour and the download for my ark server is only at 8%, I have a 300mbps connection. What gives?

Edited by GFHazard
7 hours ago, GFHazard said:

This might be a dumb question but I cant find any info on it at all. How are people seeing what the steam cmd console is saying? I started the docker and can see that it is adding files to my appdata directory but its been doing so for over an hour now. I know the ark server is big but it shouldn't take that long. Being able to see the steam cmd log would be really helpful.

edit: I found the logs! having the docker containers tab in advanced view makes the logs button disappear... Anyways, the docker has been running for over an hour and the download for my ark server is only at 8%, I have a 300mbps connection. What gives?

If you have the advanced option on you can click on the text on the right side that tells the time that the container is up, that will also bring up the log.

I can't tell you what's wrong if it takes that long. I got a 25MB/s connection and it takes about 5 to 10 mins to download and install on my ssd cache.

Do you have a cache drive on your server?

Also did you have a steam cache docker running or some other not standard network config?

Hey, is anyone else having issues getting into the console for the regular Terraria server docker?

I used to open the console for the docker and then enter 'screen -xS Terraria' to get in but now it's coming up with 'There is no screen to be attached matching Terraria.' and I'm not sure why.

I've tried restarting the docker, the array and rebooting my server but it still says the same thing.

If any one has any ideas, it would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

38 minutes ago, Izzo said:

Hey, is anyone else having issues getting into the console for the regular Terraria server docker?

I used to open the console for the docker and then enter 'screen -xS Terraria' to get in but now it's coming up with 'There is no screen to be attached matching Terraria.' and I'm not sure why.

I've tried restarting the docker, the array and rebooting my server but it still says the same thing.

If any one has any ideas, it would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

Sorry completely my fault have forgotten to change the discription now you must enter (also please note that you must open a Unraid console not the console from the container itself):

docker exec -u terraria -ti <Name of your MCContainer> screen -xS Terraria

When you're finished just close the window.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry completely my fault have forgotten to change the discription now you must enter (also please note that you must open a Unraid console not the console from the container itself):

docker exec -u terraria -ti <Name of your MCContainer> screen -xS Terraria

When you're finished just close the window.

That's perfect, thanks! No worries at all, thank you for the speedy response!

• Thanks 1
On 2/26/2020 at 9:49 PM, t33j4y said:

So, I am not able to test it out right now but will tomorrow. But a big Thank You! for the fast response - very much appreciated!

Just wanted to report back that it is now working. For some odd reason the server now shows up under LAN filter in the in-game server browser, which it never did before. But hey, kids are happy again and I don't get nagged every day about dinos dying because they're not getting fed and stuff, so all is good 🙂 Thanks again!

• Like 1
On 3/4/2020 at 2:42 AM, Newtious said:

any chance for an "outlaws of the old west" docker?

There is only a windows dedicated server available at the time, also please note i could try it via WINE but the chances that it runs are rather small and eventually with much overhead.

I've read something that the dev's of the game plan to eventually support linux dedicated servers.