[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

I had an ARK server running for a few weeks. It stopped being accessible from in game yesterday after a new server update came out. My server wouldn't grab the new update. So today after spending hours trying to get it to grab the update, I uninstalled the server and begin to create it again and move my SavedArks folder back into it.

Now I can't get the server to install correctly.

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
SteamCMD not found!
/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd_linux.tar.gz: Permission denied
tar (child): /serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd_linux.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
rm: cannot remove '/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd_linux.tar.gz': No such file or directory
---Update SteamCMD---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 12: /serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: No such file or directory
---Update Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 31: /serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: No such file or directory
---Prepare Server---
---Librarys not found, downloading---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 56: cd: /serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux: No such file or directory
---Something went wrong, can't download Librarys, putting server in sleep mode---

Any help with this would be appreciated.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:30 PM, Drattaner said:

First of all: Thanks for this great container! :)

Today I updated my server without any changes to game settings nor network settings and it stuck in a boot loop.
Created a new container with fresh downloaded data but the same issue appeared.

Can't get into any of the containers as they reboots constantly (about 20 sec intervals) so I cannot get hold of any logs.

Anyone else have a similar issue?
Recommendations?

Cheers!

On 2/26/2020 at 7:06 PM, t33j4y said:

It seems that after I applied the last update of the Ark docker, the server no longer announces itself. I cannot see it in the in-game server browser. I didn't change any settings, only applied the update. Port forwards are the same.

These are the last entries in the log:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Loaded client id: 14768019353233213554
Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Failed to init SDL priority manager: SDL not found

Failed to set thread priority: per-thread setup failed

Failed to set thread priority: per-thread setup failed

OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Loaded client id: 14768019353233213554
Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Logged in OK

Any ideas as to where to look, or for what?

Thanks in advance!

Please try to change the path from /mnt/cache/... to /mnt/user/...

For both the server and steamcmd path please.

Did both of you updated to 6.8.3?

Edited by ich777
23 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

I installed the Minecraft Basic server this morning and I'm trying to set it up with a custom map, Skyblock 1.14, downloaded an older server.jar as well.  Anyone have any thoughts on getting the custom map to work?

Whats the problem?

17 minutes ago, Tobiasp said:

Hello, I don't understand how to get into the console with the MinecraftBasicServer. Entering the command in the terminal of the unraid server itself does not work

Open up a terminal in unraid and then type in : 'docker exec -u minecraft -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS Minecraft' without quotes and you should be in the minecraft console.

EDIT: Sorry there was an error inside of my templates so that it didn't display NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER (should be fixed in a few hours).

Edited by ich777
1 minute ago, Spectral Force said:

It keeps loading a vanilla map not the custom map. replaced the server.jar with a previous snapshot as well as put the custom skyblock map named as world. changed the config to match, but map is still base vanilla. Not sure why.

Please post a screenshot from your configuration and your serverconfiguration, are you sure that you've also changed the map name in the server.properties file to the folder name from the map?

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Open up a terminal in unraid and then type in : 'docker exec -u minecraft -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS Minecraft' without quotes and you should be in the minecraft console.

EDIT: Sorry there was an error inside of my templates so that it didn't display NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER (should be fixed in a few hours).

Thank you

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, eshchar said:

i am trying to run Stationeers server but i only see it as lan and my friend can't find it.

do i need to put the docker Network Type: as bridge or something else?
ples halp

You must port forward the game in your router and then you need to give them your public ip address (i recommend you to use the duckdns container from linuxserver.io available in the CA App).

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

You must port forward the game in your router and then you need to give them your public ip address (i recommend you to use the duckdns container from linuxserver.io available in the CA App).

i already did that, i port forward this port 27500 to my tower and gave them my public ip and they aren't able to connect to my server game.