[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

I'm having issues with the Garry's Mod server. Completely fresh container with no addons. It's the exact same issue another user reported before.

On 3/16/2020 at 10:52 PM, spacecops said:

Every time I try running a Gmod server, even as a fresh install without any addons, it never starts and the log shows this:

Segmentation fault
Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Mon 16 Mar 2020 06:50:40 PM EDT: Server restart in 10 seconds
tcmalloc: large alloc 4291928064 bytes == (nil) @
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 4000
Segmentation fault
Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Mon 16 Mar 2020 06:50:53 PM EDT: Server restart in 10 seconds
tcmalloc: large alloc 4287995904 bytes == (nil) @
Segmentation fault
Mon 16 Mar 2020 06:51:05 PM EDT: Server restart in 10 seconds
tcmalloc: large alloc 4291805184 bytes == (nil) @
tcmalloc: large alloc 4291813376 bytes == (nil) @
tcmalloc: large alloc 4291813376 bytes == (nil) @
Segmentation fault
Mon 16 Mar 2020 06:51:18 PM EDT: Server restart in 10 seconds

Of which you responded with the following advice:

On 3/17/2020 at 8:06 PM, ich777 said:

If you are on Unraid 6.8.2 or lower and you have a cache drive installed please change the path to the gamefiles to /mnt/cache/...

If you are on Unraid 6.8.3 everything should work without changing anything, i also attached a screenshot...

screenshot.png.de1cc2ae2278b9e9c928f690c582afb3.png

I was on 6.8.2, and updated assuming that would help, but unfortunately it didn't. Even though your advice wasn't to use the cache directory if you were on 6.8.3, I tried it anyway and had no luck. You probably didn't expect it to, but in any case this is what I got: 

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Loaded client id: xxxxxx
Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
ERROR! Failed to install app '4020' (Disk write failure)
---Prepare Server---
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles': Operation not permitted

I do use a cache drive though, so do you reckon there is still something to it? I've been nearly pulling my hair out trying to work out why it won't work. 

My container settings

Note: I have tried it with and without the validation setting, and with various other game parameters, including the default value that came with the container.

7 hours ago, DustyHomeLab said:

My question is about the 7DaysToDie server Docker...

How do I change the build number from ALPHA_18.4 to ALPHA_18.3?

In the template wgere the app id is type in something like this:

294420 -beta alpha18.3

This should do the work, but i'm not 100% sure because i don't own the game, this was allready discussed in this topic but i couldn't remember where it was.

Also don't forget to set validate to true

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Container is now updated please delete the whole container from your template page (you don't have to delete the folder in the appdata folder) and redownload it from the CA App (please keep in mind it takes a few hours so that the new template with the added options are available).

If you see this section in the template you are good to go, just set the variable Install Stracker to 'true' (without quotes) and it will install it:

grafik.thumb.png.ddca8b15a8064de210586c94d1b2c143.png

Hello Ich777,

thank you so much it works like a charme. 

Have a good day a stay well.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sharp said:

I'm having issues with the Garry's Mod server. Completely fresh container with no addons. It's the exact same issue another user reported before.

Of which you responded with the following advice:

I was on 6.8.2, and updated assuming that would help, but unfortunately it didn't. Even though your advice wasn't to use the cache directory if you were on 6.8.3, I tried it anyway and had no luck. You probably didn't expect it to, but in any case this is what I got: 

I do use a cache drive though, so do you reckon there is still something to it? I've been nearly pulling my hair out trying to work out why it won't work. 

My container settings

Note: I have tried it with and without the validation setting, and with various other game parameters, including the default value that came with the container.

I will look into it and will report back.

EDIT: PM sent.

Edited by ich777
PM

I was able to resolve the issue thanks to the help provided.

To anyone else coming here like I did, before you try the suggestion of using the '../cache/..' directory, remove the 'garrysmod' directory from your appdata so that the container does a fresh install of the game files. No idea why it worked, but it does and that's what's important. :)

• Like 1

Getting closer to fixing this exile server. I had to download the mod from steamwork shop. Now I'm getting this error:

chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/dbo_old_bike.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/dbo_old_bike.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/dbo_old_bike.txt': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_assets.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_assets.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_client.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_client.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_danny_items.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_danny_items.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_an2.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_an2.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_brdm.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_brdm.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_btr40.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_btr40.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_gaz_volha.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_gaz_volha.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_hmmw.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_hmmw.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_ikarus.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_ikarus.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_lada.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_lada.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_lrc.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_lrc.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_octavia.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_octavia.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_suvarm_a3.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_suvarm_a3.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_suv_a3.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_suv_a3.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_towtractor.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_towtractor.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_tractor.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_tractor.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_uaz.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_uaz.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_uh1h.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_uh1h.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_ural.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_ural.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_v3s.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_v3s.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_vwgolf.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_vwgolf.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_weapons.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/exile_psycho_weapons.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/gnt_c185.pbo': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/gnt_c185.pbo.exile.bisign': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/addons/gnt_c185.txt': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/LICENSE.txt': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/meta.cpp': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/mod.cpp': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/@ExileMod/mod.paa': Operation not permitted
---Start Server---
==> /serverdata/serverfiles/MariaDBLog.0 <==
UMASK must be a 3-digit mode with an additional leading 0 to indicate octal.
The first digit will be corrected to 6, the others may be 0, 2, 4, or 6.
UMASK corrected from 000 to 0640 ...
200324 03:14:37 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
200324 03:14:37 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql

==> /serverdata/serverfiles/Arma3Log.0 <==

==> /serverdata/serverfiles/ExileModLog.0 <==

==> /serverdata/serverfiles/Arma3Log.0 <==
3:14:47 Could not enable linux core dumps. Error 1 - �

@phat_cow

Try to change the path in the template from /mnt/user/appdata/... to /mnt/cache/appdata/... if you got a cache drive in your unraid server.

At the moment i got not much time, but i've seen that one of the two downloadlinks doesn't work because it was removed from the server.

Can you please send me the workshop id for exilemod so that i can change the container later on that it uses the download from steam?

Edited by ich777
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

@phat_cow

Try to change the path in the template from /mnt/user/appdata/... to /mnt/cache/appdata/... if you got a cache drive in your unraid server.

At the moment i got not much time, but i've seen that one of the two downloadlinks doesn't work because it was removed from the server.

Can you please send me the workshop id for exilemod so that i can change the container later on that it uses the download from steam?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1378408535&searchtext=exile+1.0.4

Hi,

I have seutp the 7D2D docker container and it works great on my LAN. The game is also broadcast publicly and my friend can see it - but it times out on connection.
Monitoring the docker log, it shows activity when I connect (from the LAN based PC though), but nothing at all when my friend tries. So he is not even getting through to the 7D2D server.
I have forwarded port 26900. Any other ports that need to be forwarded?

Is it not possible to get the 7D2D server to use UPNP to open whatever it needs to?

Thanks in advance :)

28 minutes ago, DominionZA said:

Hi,

I have seutp the 7D2D docker container and it works great on my LAN. The game is also broadcast publicly and my friend can see it - but it times out on connection.
Monitoring the docker log, it shows activity when I connect (from the LAN based PC though), but nothing at all when my friend tries. So he is not even getting through to the 7D2D server.
I have forwarded port 26900. Any other ports that need to be forwarded?

Is it not possible to get the 7D2D server to use UPNP to open whatever it needs to?

Thanks in advance :)

Yes because you need to forward all ports that are in the docker template (since i don't own the game i can't test which ports - but also i put a description which port is for what, i think you need at least UDP: 26900, 26901, 27015 and TCP: 26900 - but as i said i would forward all ports from the template with the corresponding protocol).

Btw this is game specific and depends on your setting.

Nope because a dedicated server can't simply just open some ports on your firewall/router (!!!big Securtiy risk!!!), it's good for hosting on your local network but not for a dedicated server (keep in mind that everyone can connect to this port from outside your network through the internet and that's why you always should do that yourself - just imagine the dedicated server opens a wrong port to a wrong ip, a potential attacker could completely f**k up your whole network all your computers, security cams, firewall,...).

Also this question was asked here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/4/1742229167189666988/

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes because you need to forward all ports that are in the docker template (since i don't own the game i can't test which ports - but also i put a description which port is for what, i think you need at least UDP: 26900, 26901, 27015 and TCP: 26900 - but as i said i would forward all ports from the template with the corresponding protocol).

Btw this is game specific and depends on your setting.

Nope because a dedicated server can't simply just open some ports on your firewall/router (!!!big Securtiy risk!!!), it's good for hosting on your local network but not for a dedicated server (keep in mind that everyone can connect to this port from outside your network through the internet and that's why you always should do that yourself - just imagine the dedicated server opens a wrong port to a wrong ip, a potential attacker could completely f**k up your whole network all your computers, security cams, firewall,...).

Also this question was asked here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/4/1742229167189666988/

Thanks - I see I did miss a bunch of ports. My bad.
Busy fiddling. Thx for the quick response :)

• Like 1

Hey am currently a few issues with my Garry's Mod Docker, was setting it all up yesterday and after changing it from /user/ to /cache/ it all worked and installed some workshop item and played for the evening, all working as excepted.

However, now the following day (and the mover has moved stuff from the cache to the hdds) I went to start up the Docker and am greeted by the following:

---Prepare Server---
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles': Operation not permitted
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 58: /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: No such file or directory
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --

I am assuming that this is because the files are no longer on the cache and have moved to the HDDs, so then went to change it back /user/ but am greeted by the original issue, below:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Loaded client id: 14915700230958343482
Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '4020' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Auto detecting CPU
Using default binary: ./srcds_linux
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
tcmalloc: large alloc 4288700416 bytes == (nil) @
tcmalloc: large alloc 4288708608 bytes == (nil) @
tcmalloc: large alloc 4288708608 bytes == (nil) @
Segmentation fault
Fri 27 Mar 2020 10:43:21 AM GMT: Server restart in 10 seconds
tcmalloc: large alloc 4290641920 bytes == (nil) @
Segmentation fault
Fri 27 Mar 2020 10:43:33 AM GMT: Server restart in 10 seconds

Any advice/solutions would be amazing! I've also included a picture of my Docker settings as an image below!

GarrysMod Docker Settings.png

20 minutes ago, Brzam said:

Hey am currently a few issues with my Garry's Mod Docker, was setting it all up yesterday and after changing it from /user/ to /cache/ it all worked and installed some workshop item and played for the evening, all working as excepted.

However, now the following day (and the mover has moved stuff from the cache to the hdds) I went to start up the Docker and am greeted by the following:

I am assuming that this is because the files are no longer on the cache and have moved to the HDDs, so then went to change it back /user/ but am greeted by the original issue, below:

Any advice/solutions would be amazing! I've also included a picture of my Docker settings as an image below!

At the configuration page for the appdata directory choose 'Prefer' at the 'Use Cache' selection and save, then run the mover again and it should put it back to the cache disk.

If you don't want to have your appdata directory on your cache one thing you can do is to set it to the specific disk where the mover puts the files. /mnt/diskX/appdata/... (X is the number of the disk where the files are but keep in mind that these files must all be on one disk!).

There are much more ways you can solve this but i would recommend you to put it on the cache drive.

Edited by ich777
  • Like 1

Heey man!

I have a question, i am running the csgo docker and I can connect to the server and all. But I do not know how to send commands to the server? The console dropdown in the docker tab doesnt show anything, I cant get RCON to work and I even tried to install sourcemod/mettamod to try to send commands to the server this way. Do you have any clue on what I am doing wrong here?

On 3/27/2020 at 11:05 AM, ich777 said:

At the configuration page for the appdata directory choose 'Prefer' at the 'Use Cache' selection and save, then run the mover again and it should put it back to the cache disk.

If you don't want to have your appdata directory on your cache one thing you can do is to set it to the specific disk where the mover puts the files. /mnt/diskX/appdata/... (X is the number of the disk where the files are but keep in mind that these files must all be on one disk!).

There are much more ways you can solve this but i would recommend you to put it on the cache drive.

Thank you very much! All working well and working!

Another question I had was about the Unturned Docker, it's in your list above but can't find it on the CA? Any reason why it's not there? :)

Trying to get rcon working in CSGO, I've tried a few differnet additions to the game parms +rconpw PASSWORD and +rcon_password PASSWORD but i cant seem to access it when playing, not sure if i'm doing this correct. I also tried adding a server.cfg file to /appdata/csgo/cfg folder, but didnt seem to make a difference....any advice?

6 hours ago, HenneC said:

Heey man!

I have a question, i am running the csgo docker and I can connect to the server and all. But I do not know how to send commands to the server? The console dropdown in the docker tab doesnt show anything, I cant get RCON to work and I even tried to install sourcemod/mettamod to try to send commands to the server this way. Do you have any clue on what I am doing wrong here?

In my case it works perfectly fine but i will try it again after the weekend (family time)... Also is your TCP forwarded in the template?

1 hour ago, clowrym said:

Trying to get rcon working in CSGO, I've tried a few differnet additions to the game parms +rconpw PASSWORD and +rcon_password PASSWORD but i cant seem to access it when playing, not sure if i'm doing this correct. I also tried adding a server.cfg file to /appdata/csgo/cfg folder, but didnt seem to make a difference....any advice?

I would set it in the server.cfg file not as an extra startup parameter, also did you forwarded the TCP port for rcon?

5 hours ago, Brzam said:

Another question I had was about the Unturned Docker, it's in your list above but can't find it on the CA? Any reason why it's not there? :)

That's a good question, i also can't find it, @Squid can you please help, i tested the template and it should work fine, have i done something wrong?

Template name: Unturned.xml

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

In my case it works perfectly fine but i will try it again after the weekend (family time)... Also is your TCP forwarded in the template?

I would set it in the server.cfg file not as an extra startup parameter, also did you forwarded the TCP port for rcon?

That's a good question, i also can't find it, @Squid can you please help, i tested the template and it should work fine, have i done something wrong?

Template name: Unturned.xml

Yes, Port Set below, I will remove it from the GAME_PARAMS section, reboot and see if it works. there was no server.cfg generated by the server when I installed it, so i created my own....it only has rcon_password my_server_rcon_password in it

image.thumb.png.63165b06bd8fca554bf95f4d45fab729.png

6 hours ago, clowrym said:

Yes, Port Set below, I will remove it from the GAME_PARAMS section, reboot and see if it works. there was no server.cfg generated by the server when I installed it, so i created my own....it only has rcon_password my_server_rcon_password in it

image.thumb.png.63165b06bd8fca554bf95f4d45fab729.png

17 hours ago, HenneC said:

Heey man!

So i investigated the "problem" first of all there were a typo in my template you must change the RCON Port to the follwing:

grafik.png.f0163e78aa868767e61579648411c2a0.png

And the second thing to you have to do is that you have to append '-usercon' (without quotes) to your 'GAME_PARAMS' in order to enable RCON.

(Sorry was completely my mistake since i've taken the old startup server commands from old windows server and copied them over to the container and not enter them properly in the container).

Template is allready fixed and should be available in the next few hours if you see that the port is fixed and the option '-usercon' is added if you download it again from the CA App.

Thanks for the quick fix and finding your time to help me, this indeed fixed the issue about not being able to Rcon into the server. But now I do have some more questions. 

image.png.7ebcc12c00ba7aa8019b44cbffd11b5b.png

Is that console tab supposed to do anything? Because when I open it it says nothing and when I try to send a command it says command unknown.

Also, I am trying to install sourcemod and metamod but the server seems to just ignore those files? 

When I open the log file I do see some warnings.

image.png.527308a6c166c3e276a47b4d2c6a1aa4.png

Edited by HenneC
added log information