[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

5 hours ago, HenneC said:

Is that console tab supposed to do anything? Because when I open it it says nothing and when I try to send a command it says command unknown.

No, that's just the default docker console.

Also, I am trying to install sourcemod and metamod but the server seems to just ignore those files? 

No, because i've run meta and sourcemod and they just work fine, have you switched over your files from another OS/Server?

Screenshot from my CS:GO console (i'm running the server on antoher port just ignore that - 27029 - in your case that's 27015):

grafik.png.5d10d68df3ec22a4cd88d7ce8f86ec5a.png

When I open the log file I do see some warnings.

You are correct that's just warnings, if you think of it the warning is a little bit silly for a dedicated server (why should the steam client run on a dedicated server...?).

Just ignore that.

Edited by ich777
8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, that's just the default docker console.

Aww okay, thanks

No, because i've run meta and sourcemod and they just work fine, have you switched over your files from another OS/Server?

yes I did copy it from a Windows machine, how am i to add them with unraid itself? do it from the commandline?

18 minutes ago, HenneC said:

Okay i tried to use commandline but now only metamod works but sourcemod doesnt.

image.png.81fd11217a334132ca7405edc6a9152d.png

Keep in mind when you are coming from another OS you must redownload metamod and sourcemod for the corresponding OS (in this case linux).

Please note that i recommend you to completely deleting the old meta-/sourcemod files and then copying the new downloaded files for linux into place.

I'm so confused, I did all the steps. Now downloading the linux variant. But still it only sees the metamod, I'll read some more wiki's but i'm guessing i'm not gonna find the problem with this. It cant be permission issues right? Because the metamod is working?

14 hours ago, HenneC said:

I'm so confused, I did all the steps. Now downloading the linux variant. But still it only sees the metamod, I'll read some more wiki's but i'm guessing i'm not gonna find the problem with this. It cant be permission issues right? Because the metamod is working?

How did you installed meta and sourcemod? Did you delete the old addons folder?

In which order did you install it? Also have you generated a new metamod.vdf for the server?

If nothing works please contact me and i will send you my files over.

Permissions should be no problem since metamod is working...

I just started gaming again after years of being too busy to game. I am familiar with creating game servers but the dockerized versions are a unknown territory for me 

My number one question with all these servers is how easy it is to get mods working? I already have a few servers set up on an ubuntu VM right now because I couldn't find any mention of mods for the games I wanted to play and that was simple enough so if the process is similar for docker then I think I should be able to figure it out or break it. I just don't want to waste a lot of time doing something thats impossible. It would be nice to have it working as a docker instead since my server isnt the most powerful. 

If it matters what games I want to mod; Arma3, Rust, Killing Floor 2.  

Edited by Toothpaste
didn't finish a sentence.
6 hours ago, Toothpaste said:

I just started gaming again after years of being too busy to game. I am familiar with creating game servers but the dockerized versions are a unknown territory for me 

My number one question with all these servers is how easy it is to get mods working? I already have a few servers set up on an ubuntu VM right now because I couldn't find any mention of mods for the games I wanted to play and that was simple enough so if the process is similar for docker then I think I should be able to figure it out or break it. I just don't want to waste a lot of time doing something thats impossible. It would be nice to have it working as a docker instead since my server isnt the most powerful. 

If it matters what games I want to mod; Arma3, Rust, Killing Floor 2.  

Wich mods are you are interested to run?

It should be not different from your VM since the container does the following:

• Look for SteamCMD and downloads it if it's not installed
  • Look for the game and download it if it's not installed (if you force a validation it will validate the files)
  • Start the server...

The benefit you should get is that you share the system resources.

I also got an Arma3 Exile Mod server if you are interested in it but since the moved over to steam workshop i have to edit the container so that it downloads it from there.

For Rust i think that's modded with oxide mod but i don't know how that exactly works but i know that someone runs it with mods.

For Killing Floor 2 i don't know how mods on this game work.

I can only tell you that i've run a CounterStrike:Source and CoutnerStrike:GO server with moded files and haven't had any issues.

6 hours ago, ratosaude said:

I'm having some trouble with the Project Zomboid docker, when it creates the server, he's building a blank template server.ini file, ignoring the server.ini I had editted and thus not implemeting the mods in-game. Any idea what it could be?

I will look into that when i got home.

So it overwrites your file or have you two server.ini files in the directory?

Can you try to edit the server.ini file that it creates or past the content from your server.ini to that?

2 hours ago, GhostJumper said:

Sorry if I slide between conversations, but I'm having trouble getting an ArmA3 Docker running.

I have attached my settings, the generated command, and the log.

The only thing I have changed is the login and the GAME_PARAMS.

I hope you can find the problem. Sorry if this Problem was already discussed, I couldn't find it.

dockerCommand.txt 822 B · 0 downloads log.txt 8.76 kB · 0 downloads settings.txt 596 B · 0 downloads

Please delete the whole folder i your appdata location again and also the container, and then post the log again.

After the Error 1 line from the log is nothing?

EDIT: Do you have a cache drive installed in your server and is the appdata folder on there?

Edited by ich777
5 hours ago, ich777 said:

I will look into that when i got home.

So it overwrites your file or have you two server.ini files in the directory?

Can you try to edit the server.ini file that it creates or past the content from your server.ini to that?

It creates a new directory, that first one with new server files and run from that, ignoring the Zomboid folder and files in there. I can edit the file however it doesn't load the mods even after restarting the server.

PZServer.png

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please delete the whole folder i your appdata location again and also the container, and then post the log again.

After the Error 1 line from the log is nothing?

EDIT: Do you have a cache drive installed in your server and is the appdata folder on there?

I have deleted everything associated with ArmA3 and set up the Docker the exact same way as before except adding "-world=empty" to GAME_PARAMS:

Yes, I have a cache drive and set appdata to be only on cache.

Is it a problem that "ServerFiles:" are on /mnt/user/ and "Profiles:" on /mnt/cache/? As there is no problem with SteamCMD on user and a Gmod server on cache.

log.log

2 hours ago, ratosaude said:

It creates a new directory, that first one with new server files and run from that, ignoring the Zomboid folder and files in there. I can edit the file however it doesn't load the mods even after restarting the server.

Can you give me a link to a tutorial how to install mods on Zomboid? Which mods do you want to install so i can try it?

2 hours ago, GhostJumper said:

Is it a problem that "ServerFiles:" are on /mnt/user/ and "Profiles:" on /mnt/cache/? As there is no problem with SteamCMD on user and a Gmod server on cache.

Oh, this could acctually be the problem, haven't seen that, i will try that when i'm at home (If so then i will change the template so that it will also point to cache).

32 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you give me a link to a tutorial how to install mods on Zomboid? Which mods do you want to install so i can try it?

Can't really give a link, since it's bits of information here and there, but it's quite simple. There's two lines inside server.ini that you need to fill that's modId and workshopItems. Usually they provide both in the steam workshop page of each mod, if it doesn't the workshopItem is in the address bar of the mod and the modId you would need to download in steam workshop than go to your steam instalation folder>steamapps>workshop>content>108600(PZ steam id)>mods and find the mod.info file which contains the modId. And inside the .ini you separate them with a ";" for each mod you want. There's 4 mods I want installed: hydrocraft, zombie loot extended, orgm and show damage.

idpz.jpeg

Edited by ratosaude

I apologize if this issue has been mentioned before, but with 46 pages in this thread on various game servers it's difficult to go through everything. The Ark docker appears to not be updating the servers correctly. Before trying to update to the latest (309.42) they were on 309.4, but after a restart they show as being on 307.6, which means none of my players can connect.

Relevant docker log doesn't show much detail.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Loaded client id: 15143523430996911231
Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

2 minutes ago, ridge said:

I apologize if this issue has been mentioned before, but with 46 pages in this thread on various game servers it's difficult to go through everything. The Ark docker appears to not be updating the servers correctly. Before trying to update to the latest (309.42) they were on 309.4, but after a restart they show as being on 307.6, which means none of my players can connect.

Relevant docker log doesn't show much detail.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Loaded client id: 15143523430996911231
Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

Try to set Validate to 'true' in the template and please report back wich version that the server did update to.

29 minutes ago, ridge said:

@ich777I remembered the validate option just after I posted (of course I did, isn't that how it always goes...). Unfortunately it's come back with the same version number as before (307.6).

But then there must be something wrong with the game itself, oh but i remember i made a fix a few weeks ago since it's not starting up because some files where missing, i will look into.

Just now, ich777 said:

But then there must be something wrong with the game itself, oh but i remember i made a fix a few weeks ago since it's not starting up because some files where missing, i will look into.

Yeah, the game itself is fine. I play on my own and a friend's servers. His (using Ark Server Manager) are fine on 309.42. Appreciate you looking into this.

3 hours ago, GhostJumper said:

I have deleted everything associated with ArmA3 and set up the Docker the exact same way as before except adding "-world=empty" to GAME_PARAMS:

With the Server Files and Profiles folder located at /mnt/cache/... the container starts just fine:

Log.txt

EDIT: Fixed the template allready but it will take some time so that it updates in the CA App, please delete the folder within appdata and the container itself, redownload it from the CA App and change the path from Server File & Profiles to '/mnt/cache/...'

Sorry for inconvenience forgot that this container got two directorys that i have to change... :P

Edited by ich777
1 hour ago, ratosaude said:

Can't really give a link, since it's bits of information here and there, but it's quite simple. There's two lines inside server.ini that you need to fill that's modId and workshopItems. Usually they provide both in the steam workshop page of each mod, if it doesn't the workshopItem is in the address bar of the mod and the modId you would need to download in steam workshop than go to your steam instalation folder>steamapps>workshop>content>108600(PZ steam id)>mods and find the mod.info file which contains the modId. And inside the .ini you separate them with a ";" for each mod you want. There's 4 mods I want installed: hydrocraft, zombie loot extended, orgm and show damage.

How did you install the mods in the container with SteamCMD or did you copy over the mods from your windows/mac machine?

EDIT: The container download the file servertest.ini you have to edit this file (within your SERVERDIRECTORY/Zomboid/Server)

Edited by ich777

How did you install the mods in the container with SteamCMD or did you copy over the mods from your windows/mac machine?

EDIT: The container download the file servertest.ini you have to edit this file (within your SERVERDIRECTORY/Zomboid/Server)

This goes back to my initial post, after I edit this .ini and run the server, it creates a ghost directory with new files running standard and ignore every other file I edited.

34 minutes ago, ich777 said:

With the Server Files and Profiles folder located at /mnt/cache/... the container starts just fine:

Log.txt 100.69 kB · 0 downloads

EDIT: Fixed the template allready but it will take some time so that it updates in the CA App, please delete the folder within appdata and the container itself, redownload it from the CA App and change the path from Server File & Profiles to '/mnt/cache/...'

Sorry for inconvenience forgot that this container got two directorys that i have to change... :P

Thx. It fixed itself after putting both paths to cache.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, ridge said:

Yeah, the game itself is fine. I play on my own and a friend's servers. His (using Ark Server Manager) are fine on 309.42. Appreciate you looking into this.

In my case it downloaded the version 309.42 like you see in the screenshot:

grafik.thumb.png.3d565d2d8efe5d5d35ffdded2e1cdb52.png

Can you post a picture from the template page?

Sorry for the waiting time but SteamCMD seems to struggle a little bit...