[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

8 hours ago, Myleslewis said:

Hi ich777, big thank you for the work you've done !

Currently hosting a Minecraft server with a mod pack containing over 200+ mods, works a dream and had some friends connect to it as well :)

I've registered a domain name and wanted to point a subdomain to the server/docker so it can be connected to via a URL, any ideas on how I could do this ?

Unfortunately I'm not able to get a static IP with my ISP.

TIA

Myles

I've never done this with a subdomain but you can host it with your domain and the port.

For example: mysupercoolminecraftserver.net:25565

minecraft.duckdns.org:25565

Just register your ip or whatever you have to the domainname and create a port forwarding in your router (if this is enough with the ip and the port at the end)

But it sould be also possible with a subdomain but i think this will be serious work for you to do.

Just now, Wolfe1979 said:

when will the minecraft bedrock docker get updated?  It is unusable at the moment.

I’m sure Ich777 will reply, but was curious as to why it’s unusable? I’m running “The 1.12.2 Pack” from the team that made tekkit and the technic launcher with no problems 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Myleslewis said:

I’m sure Ich777 will reply, but was curious as to why it’s unusable? I’m running “The 1.12.2 Pack” from the team that made tekkit and the technic launcher with no problems 🙂 

minecraft bedrock is now 1.14.60.    I am using this docker for a creative copy of my main server which is the Binhex one.   That one updated around 2 hours after the game updated.  I have others that join my servers so I run the current version to make things easier for others.

27 minutes ago, Wolfe1979 said:

when will the minecraft bedrock docker get updated?  It is unusable at the moment.

If you read the description you know how the container will be update (I have a different approache for updates):

This is a Basic Minecraft Bedrock Edition Server. This container downloads Minecraft Bedrock Edition Server in the specified version or you can also set it to ‘latest’ to download and check on every restart if there is a newer version available. UPDATE NOTICE: If you set the GAME_VERSION to ‘latest’ the container will check on every start/restart if there is a newer version available, otherwise enter the preferred version number that you want to install, you also can downgrade your server (no guarantee that it works if you downgrade much versions). CONSOLE: To connect to the console open up the terminal on the host machine and type in: 'docker exec -u minecraft -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS Minecraft' (without quotes) to exit the screen session press CTRL+A and then CTRL+D or simply close the terminal window in the first place.

37 minutes ago, Myleslewis said:

Ahh fair enough ! You weren’t specific as to which version you meant. My server uses the java version :) 

hopefully will be updated soon 

Nice to hear that somebody uses my minecraft-basic-server and it's working fine ;)

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

If you read the description you know how the container will be update (I have a different approache for updates):

This is a Basic Minecraft Bedrock Edition Server. This container downloads Minecraft Bedrock Edition Server in the specified version or you can also set it to ‘latest’ to download and check on every restart if there is a newer version available. UPDATE NOTICE: If you set the GAME_VERSION to ‘latest’ the container will check on every start/restart if there is a newer version available, otherwise enter the preferred version number that you want to install, you also can downgrade your server (no guarantee that it works if you downgrade much versions). CONSOLE: To connect to the console open up the terminal on the host machine and type in: 'docker exec -u minecraft -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS Minecraft' (without quotes) to exit the screen session press CTRL+A and then CTRL+D or simply close the terminal window in the first place.

it must have errored out.  I went in and changed the file name of the current version and then it downloaded the current version and ran.   My guess is that there was an error on the download and didn't update properly.  thank you.  

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, alael said:

Seems that loading mods in PA cause the server crash specially the ai mod  queller AI, Now the server dosent load a few mod correctly anymore, You join the server but they are not loaded.

i see:

ERROR The AI has ancountered an error. Please enable AI logging to see more information.

any idea?

edit:

when starting the server i saw an error regarding the mod path not begin present not sure if does hint at anything.

I don't know how mods work on PA.

Please note that this container works as a regular server, no difference.

The absolute path to the directory where the gamefiles are is '/serverdata/serverfiles', if you need to specify a path...

17 hours ago, alael said:

i have tested the regular windows server and works fine just annoying as i have to open a windows vm just for that

Windows is not Linux i thought you run that on a Linux machine...

the mod  are loaded by the client into the server by a process they call ''mounting mods to server''  but i saw before the path for the mod in the server itself is not  defined.

NFO LoadedLocalModCollection::loadLocalModCollection: Failed listDir call for "/server_mods/"; no mods will be loaded from this path
error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.

If you google the error you find almost every log with this entry...

ERROR Planetary Annihilation: Fatal error: Could not initialize video:

for the video think the --headless option need to be passed to the PA server i tried with the additional setting box in the unraid gui but dosent seems to change anything.

This error won't go away since the container can't initialize a video display output since it doesn't have one (also keep in mind that this is not necessary and you will find that in many gameservers without a display output).

Please restart the container and you will see that you don't get any errors at startup (this are just the errors/warnings from the install process and these "are" normal since they run on a headless machine).

Also note that the option --headless is allready in the container itself.

I've also released an updated image with minor fixes but these won't change the actual behaviour of the container.

Eventually the requester @InventedStic can help or say something?

Is the container broken? Then i will pull it from the CA App.

Edited by ich777

I'm running the Ark server off my SSD and it takes over 30 minutes for it to reboot. When I look at the logs it seems to spend a long time verifying and preallocating. I have the validate field blank in the container settings. Something I'm doing wrong or does it always take a long time to start? I'm tweaking the server settings file and it takes ages just to reboot the thing. Should I set the validate field to false instead of blank?

1 hour ago, ChadwickTheCrab said:

I'm running the Ark server off my SSD and it takes over 30 minutes for it to reboot. When I look at the logs it seems to spend a long time verifying and preallocating. I have the validate field blank in the container settings. Something I'm doing wrong or does it always take a long time to start? I'm tweaking the server settings file and it takes ages just to reboot the thing. Should I set the validate field to false instead of blank?

Yes you can set it to 'false' but it has no effect, only if you set it to 'true' it will trigger a validation process.

(I know this game is sometimes a mess - or should i better say takes a long time - to install and to update)

But chances are big that you've been unlucky and there was an update in the meantime, look at the screenshot:

grafik.thumb.png.3aa14dd1906601ae6f90cc186eae70f4.png

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes you can set it to 'false' but it has no effect, only if you set it to 'true' it will trigger a validation process.

(I know this game is sometimes a mess - or should i better say takes a long time - to install and to update)

But chances are big that you've been unlucky and there was an update in the meantime, look at the screenshot:

grafik.thumb.png.3aa14dd1906601ae6f90cc186eae70f4.png

Ok, I'll see how it goes. It seems like it's validating even when validate is left blank but maybe there have been really regular updates between each time I've restarted it. The only other thing that made me think it's something wrong on my end is the "chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata': Operation not permitted" error I get at the end of the startup. The server works fine besides the long start times.

Update state (0x101) committing, progress: 100.00 (4355813184 / 4355813184)
Success! App '376030' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata': Operation not permitted
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

Thanks for your work and the quick reply. I'm surprised you got back so soon. Thanks so much!

16 minutes ago, ChadwickTheCrab said:

The only other thing that made me think it's something wrong on my end is the "chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata': Operation not permitted" error I get at the end of the startup. The server works fine besides the long start times.

That's a minor 'problem' i will release a fix as soon as possible eventually today, but that message is really not a real issue... ;)

Check in a few hours if there is an update for the container on the Docker page in Unraid.

16 minutes ago, ChadwickTheCrab said:

Thanks for your work and the quick reply. I'm surprised you got back so soon. Thanks so much!

Do my best to help with my containers. ;)

Please report back if the container always does try to update but please also keep in mind that i've got a similar issue a few pages back where the container won't update to the newest version. I think SteamCMD is under heavy load in this times and not everything works as expected...

I'm attempting to set up one of these for the first time using ARK.  I'm getting a message in the log at the end which makes me think it isn't working.

Success! App '376030' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

I've googled around but can't find a silver bullet to fix this issue.  Also this being the first time trying will I be able to find this server via Xbox?

I've set up port forwarding so I don't think this is an issue.  Thanks for any help or pointing me in the right direction.

3 hours ago, rxnelson said:

I'm getting a message in the log at the end which makes me think it isn't working.

This is not an error, that's just a warning that steam isn't running, but if you think of it, why should steam run on a dedicated server.

Please post the fill log, does the container somthing after this message?

Have you installed a cache drive, also please post a picture of you docker template page.

3 hours ago, rxnelson said:

Also this being the first time trying will I be able to find this server via Xbox?

This is a thing that i can't tell you since i'm not owning an xbox.

But this link should give you the answer: Click

Btw if you goole something don't forget to include the term: 'dedicated server' since this is a dedicated server (actually the 3rd post should link you to this forum topic :D).

Edited by ich777
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is not an error, that's just a warning that steam isn't running, but if you think of it, why should steam run on a dedicated server.

Please post the fill log, does the container somthing after this message?

Have you installed a cache drive, also please post a picture of you docker template page.

This is a thing that i can't tell you since i'm not owning an xbox.

But this link should give you the answer: Click

Btw if you goole something don't forget to include the term: 'dedicated server' since this is a dedicated server (actually the 3rd post should link you to this forum topic :D).

That was the last bit of the log.  I think that I have it working correctly as it shows up in the LAN games when I log into Steam.  However, it appears to get the Xbox connected to it you have to run the windows store version and connect through gamertags.  Thanks for the info and links.  After some further googling it still appears that steam can only play with steam.  I found this from a gaming host.  I was hoping that most of these posts were just old info ~2018 but it still appears that crossplay is still somewhat limited.  I can still post the screenshots if  you wish but it looks like I've found my answer.

Steam Version -Windows, Steam-Linux and Steam-Mac.  You “can” play together on a Steam based server.
PS4 Version – with other PS4 players or a special custom PC server, available from Studio Wildcard ‘selected’ hosting providers.
Microsoft/Xbox Version – with other Xbox players and/or those running the Windows 10 version of ARK (available in the Windows App store).

Edited by rxnelson
forgot a word

I am running the Factorio Docker. Thanks btw. I would like to run 2 of them. So I installed another. Changed the name so it has it's own Appdata and everything. I can see both published to the factorio multiplayer browser if I change the UDP port but I can't change the container port so I can not connect. Is there a way to change the container port so they don't conflict with each other? Thanks!

EDIT

So I did some more researching. I clicked "add another port, variable" etc and added another port. I tried 34196 and 34198 and neither of them worked. I changed both the container port and host port to those. Set it for UDP. It would show up on the server browser in game but I couldn't connect. Soon as I switched it back to 34197 it would connect. I would like both dockers to run simultaneously as I have 2 different Factorio games we would like to play. I had all of those ports forwarded in my router as well. Thanks for the help.

Edited by jagr200