[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, jagr200 said:

I am running the Factorio Docker. Thanks btw. I would like to run 2 of them. So I installed another. Changed the name so it has it's own Appdata and everything. I can see both published to the factorio multiplayer browser if I change the UDP port but I can't change the container port so I can not connect. Is there a way to change the container port so they don't conflict with each other? Thanks!

EDIT

So I did some more researching. I clicked "add another port, variable" etc and added another port. I tried 34196 and 34198 and neither of them worked. I changed both the container port and host port to those. Set it for UDP. It would show up on the server browser in game but I couldn't connect. Soon as I switched it back to 34197 it would connect. I would like both dockers to run simultaneously as I have 2 different Factorio games we would like to play. I had all of those ports forwarded in my router as well. Thanks for the help.

Where did you change the port number in the game config and in the template? To wich port do you changed it?

The first thing that i would try is if it is enough that you change only the host port and then open the corresponding ports in your router.

If that doesnt work i would recommend you to change the port in the game config delete the existing port from the template and create a new one with the corresponding port numbers for container and host port.

If that also doesn't work (the second solution works for me since i've tested this) you can always set the Network mode to 'Custom: brX' and assign a static ip to it (no port change needed since the container has it's own static IP address in your network).

Please keep in mind if you set it to 'Custom' you have to port forward the custom provided ip and port.

59 minutes ago, DominionZA said:

Ye, I see so. Pity about that.
Thanks for the prompt response though! ;)

If there ever will be a dedicated server fell free to reach out to me again and i will look into it (from my research dedicated servers should come in the near feature...)

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Where did you change the port number in the game config and in the template? To wich port do you changed it?

The first thing that i would try is if it is enough that you change only the host port and then open the corresponding ports in your router.

If that doesnt work i would recommend you to change the port in the game config delete the existing port from the template and create a new one with the corresponding port numbers for container and host port.

If that also doesn't work (the second solution works for me since i've tested this) you can always set the Network mode to 'Custom: brX' and assign a static ip to it (no port change needed since the container has it's own static IP address in your network).

Please keep in mind if you set it to 'Custom' you have to port forward the custom provided ip and port.

If there ever will be a dedicated server fell free to reach out to me again and i will look into it (from my research dedicated servers should come in the near feature...)

I changed it in the template.

So are you saying to edit the container and change the network dropdown to something else? I dont see Custom:brX

19 minutes ago, jagr200 said:

I changed it in the template.

So are you saying to edit the container and change the network dropdown to something else? I dont see Custom:brX

Can you provide a little bit more information and answer the questions otherwise i can't help.

Hav you tried my other two solutions?

On my Unraid server it is working just fine.

Just now, ich777 said:

Can you provide a little bit more information and answer the questions otherwise i can't help.

Hav you tried my other two solutions?

On my Unraid server it is working just fine.

I thought I did answer the questions. Did I not?

I changed it in the template. I had port forwarded and a static IP for the dockers already. If I don't change the docker container port from 34197 I can only run one of them at a time. But if I change the docker container port then one of them wont be able to be accessed. It will show on the factorio multiplayer finder but will not allow a connection.

You have two active factorio servers that are up pointing at the factorio servers? Allowing other players to connect?

19 minutes ago, jagr200 said:

I thought I did answer the questions. Did I not?

I changed it in the template. I had port forwarded and a static IP for the dockers already. If I don't change the docker container port from 34197 I can only run one of them at a time. But if I change the docker container port then one of them wont be able to be accessed. It will show on the factorio multiplayer finder but will not allow a connection.

You have two active factorio servers that are up pointing at the factorio servers? Allowing other players to connect?

Nope, wich port did you change the existing one or did you create a new one?

If you change the existing one that's not my recommendation because of the problem that you have right now NAT doesn't work very well with the gameserver.

Please try to change the gameconfig to another port, then delete the existing in the templatr and create a new one for UDP with the port number the same as in the config and for container and host, that should do the trick.

Yes i can connect to both of the servers. ;)

Edited by ich777
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Nope, wich port did you change the existing one or did you create a new one?

If you change the existing one that's not my recommendation because of the problem that you have right now NAT doesn't work very well with the gameserver.

Please try to change the gameconfig to another port, then delete the existing in the templatr and create a new one for UDP with the port number the same as in the config and for container and host, that should do the trick.

Yes i can connect to both of the servers. ;)

Is gameconfig in the server appdata? Because I clicked on the docker icon and clicked edit. Then I deleted the UDP settings and changed them to 34196 and 34198 to see if either would work and they did not. Would you mind posting a screencap of your settings so I can see what I am doing wrong?

First of all thanks for all your hard work on creating and keeping these dockers up to date. I am running Minecraft Bedrock Edition and want to copy my world to my Windows 10 laptop. This is my app to host mappings: /serverdata/serverfiles/mnt/user/appdata/minecraftbedrockedition 

Is this where my Minecraft world file is saved? 
How would I go about importing the world into the Windows 10 Edition of Minecraft?

Thanks in advance

9 hours ago, jagr200 said:

Is gameconfig in the server appdata? Because I clicked on the docker icon and clicked edit. Then I deleted the UDP settings and changed them to 34196 and 34198 to see if either would work and they did not. Would you mind posting a screencap of your settings so I can see what I am doing wrong?

I can't, because i deleted the factorio servers allready (installed them only for testing).

But look in your template if you got this option and give it a seperate IP on your network than you don't have to deal with different ports:

grafik.png.1d6af22f4496972aa88c037ad7b3536b.png

5 hours ago, orion775 said:

Trying to run The Forest container, and for the life of me I cannot figure this out. The log just stops at start server

Can you try to change the 'ServerFiles' from '/mnt/user/appdata/theforrest' to '/mnt/cache/appdata/theforrest' (but only if you have a cache drive installed) this should do the trick.

3 hours ago, alex165 said:

First of all thanks for all your hard work on creating and keeping these dockers up to date. I am running Minecraft Bedrock Edition and want to copy my world to my Windows 10 laptop. This is my app to host mappings: /serverdata/serverfiles/mnt/user/appdata/minecraftbedrockedition 

Is this where my Minecraft world file is saved? 
How would I go about importing the world into the Windows 10 Edition of Minecraft?

I don't know if this works in this direction but i've copied over the minecraft world from my computer to the server.

Go to your: '/mnt/user/appdata/minecraftbedrockedition/worlds/' folder and copy the folder that is in there (your world) to: 'C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang\minecraftWorlds\'

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

I can't, because i deleted the factorio servers allready (installed them only for testing).

But look in your template if you got this option and give it a seperate IP on your network than you don't have to deal with different ports:

grafik.png.1d6af22f4496972aa88c037ad7b3536b.png

Can you try to change the 'ServerFiles' from '/mnt/user/appdata/theforrest' to '/mnt/cache/appdata/theforrest' (but only if you have a cache drive installed) this should do the trick.

I don't know if this works in this direction but i've copied over the minecraft world from my computer to the server.

Go to your: '/mnt/user/appdata/minecraftbedrockedition/worlds/' folder and copy the folder that is in there (your world) to: 'C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang\minecraftWorlds\'

No dice. I give up.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

If you change this it should work perfectly fine. It has something to do how the container can access the files on a system level.

Got it working, after hours of port forwarding problems but now were good :D

Thanks for all your help!

Edited by orion775
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Nuke said:

Hey. Thank you for your job.

If you have a time please take a look to Post Scriptum dedicated server

https://postscriptum.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007155254-Hosting-a-Dedicated-Server

This nice game has no servers in my country, i want to create one with your help.

You got really lucky that the game was free to try this weekend and i got a little bit of spare time.

Container is now finished and uploaded, should be available within the next few hours in the CA App. ;)

• Thanks 1

What file would I edit to make myself op on the server? I checked server properties and did not see anything other than the option to set the permission level for when you first join.

I am running the Minecraft Bedrock edition in docker.

Edited by alex165
1 hour ago, alex165 said:

What file would I edit to make myself op on the server? I checked server properties and did not see anything other than the option to set the permission level for when you first join.

I am running the Minecraft Bedrock edition in docker.

I would do that:

Open a unraid console window from within the webgui and type in:

'docker exec -u minecraft -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS Minecraft' (without quotes)

enter '/op YOURUSERNAME'

Exit the screen session by pressing CTRL+A and then CTRL+D or simply close the terminal window in the first place.

(Please note that you must be connected to the server when doing this)

You should now be OP and yes you can also do that manually but you must know your unique player ID.

EDIT: please note if you want to set the time or other things like gamemode,... you have to enable cheats in the server.properties file.

Edited by ich777

Hi,

So I'm having issues with the Barotrauma image. I believe there was an update (for Barotrauma) last August (perhaps?) that changed some binary files about.

(some additional info here: https://github.com/GameServerManagers/LinuxGSM/issues/2453)

Initially I got an error regarding not being able to copy ./lib64/steamclient.so - this I was able to fix with a symlink from ./linux64/steamclient.so to the aforementioned location. (However, I see some attempt at correcting this in the start script in /opt/scripts/start-server.sh to no avail?)

Next issue is when the server tries to start - it looks for ./Server.bin.x86_64. I believe this file is now ./DedicatedServer, to which the start-server.sh script calls: 

screen -S Barotrauma -L -Logfile ${SERVER_DIR}/masterLog.0 -d -m ${SERVER_DIR}/Server.bin.x86_64 ${GAME_PARAMS}

on line 88. I've tried modifying this (by mapping /opt/scripts locally and modifying the local script), and even just renaming ./DedicatedServer to ./Server.bin.x86_64 - which both give me the same results. I get:

Success! App '1026340' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for 'serversettings.xml'---
---'serversettings.xml' found...
---Checking if everything is in place---
---Everything is in place---
---Checking for old logs---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
at System.Globalization.CultureData.CreateCultureWithInvariantData()
at System.Globalization.CultureData.get_Invariant()
at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..cctor()
at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfoHelper(Int32, System.String, System.String)
at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(System.String)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetLocale()
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetName(Boolean)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetName()
at Barotrauma.GameMain..cctor()
at Barotrauma.Program.Main(System.String[])

which I assume means the server has at least been started - however, I'm unable at this stage to connect to the server from another machine. I've tried on bridge and host mode, and I've tried connecting externally with ports forwarded, and locally both through the direct join option in game, neither of which is able to communicate with the server.

I will admit that I have yet to dig into the server config itself, but I thought the above points were worth noting.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go from here, or how to further diagnose what the game server is actually doing at this stage - but should I find anything in the server config that may shed some light on this, I'll report back.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

34 minutes ago, alwaysblamedave said:

Hi,

So I'm having issues with the Barotrauma image. I believe there was an update (for Barotrauma) last August (perhaps?) that changed some binary files about.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Fix released, please click on "force update" on the Docker page if you have the Advanced View activated, or delte the container and redownload it from the CA App or click on "Search for Updates" on the Docker page and update it afterwards.

I also attached the log (just ignore the first error that the game can't load steamclient.so, it loads it 2 lines after that error, why... I dont know... :D 😞

log.txt

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Fix released, please click on "force update" on the Docker page if you have the Advanced View activated, or delte the container and redownload it from the CA App or click on "Search for Updates" on the Docker page and update it afterwards.

I also attached the log (just ignore the first error that the game can't load steamclient.so, it loads it 2 lines after that error, why... I dont know... :D 😞

log.txt 3.21 kB · 0 downloads

Talk about insanely fast support! Thanks! Much appreciated 🥳

• Like 1

I've installed the Avorian Docker server, I have the Avorian game on two accounts, one my regular Steam account, and one on an account that I use for dedicated servers. I'm using the dedicated server account that owns Avorian on the docker setup. And I'm having the following errors that I can see:

Loading Steam API...Failed to init SDL priority manager: SDL not found
Failed to set thread priority: per-thread setup failed

as well as this:

ERROR! Failed to install app '565060' (No subscription)

I can confirm I own the game on both accounts, as I can log into them on a windows device and play them. I'm a bit clueless so I could use some guidance on what to do here?

Thanks,

AvorianLogUnRAIDDocker.txt

Edited by Vagus
7 hours ago, Vagus said:

Loading Steam API...Failed to init SDL priority manager: SDL not found

That's not an error, that's just a warning.

7 hours ago, Vagus said:

ERROR! Failed to install app '565060' (No subscription)

Have you provided a steam account and password in the Docker template? If so, please remove them from there since it's not marked as required (only provide credentials if they are marked as required).

Edited by ich777

I am new to unraid and am trying to run a modded MinecraftBasicServer docker, and I have it working locally (I can connect to it via the 192.x.x.x address). However, I have a couple problems, the first is I can't connect to it from my external IP. I do have the port forwarded to the 192.x.x.x port. I don't see any option in the template to change to allow it to connect externally.

The second is that changing the port from the default 25565 makes it no longer able to connect regardless. I notice there is a port mapping on the docker tab which shows a 172.x.x.x address, and that port never changes off of 25565 when I change the port. I have changed the port in both the server.properties and on the docker template. The 192.x.x.x shows the port change on the port mapping, but the 172.x.x.x one never changes. I am guessing that this port mapping is also why I am unable to connect externally.

I've tried changing from Bridge to Host, all that did was remove the port mapping on the docker tab, it otherwise functions the same as above. As a side note, it shows the server pop with an X below it on the Internal connection (but still lets me connect), and on the External connection it just says it can't connect, and "connection refused:no further information" when I try to connect externally.

Edit: Changing to host instead of bridge allowed me to change the port now for the second issue. But I'm still unable to access the server externally. Ports in router were updated to reflect the changed port.

Edited by AnhedonicNeko
additional troubleshooting
7 hours ago, AnhedonicNeko said:

I am new to unraid and am trying to run a modded MinecraftBasicServer docker, and I have it working locally (I can connect to it via the 192.x.x.x address). However, I have a couple problems, the first is I can't connect to it from my external IP. I do have the port forwarded to the 192.x.x.x port. I don't see any option in the template to change to allow it to connect externally.

The second is that changing the port from the default 25565 makes it no longer able to connect regardless. I notice there is a port mapping on the docker tab which shows a 172.x.x.x address, and that port never changes off of 25565 when I change the port. I have changed the port in both the server.properties and on the docker template. The 192.x.x.x shows the port change on the port mapping, but the 172.x.x.x one never changes. I am guessing that this port mapping is also why I am unable to connect externally.

I've tried changing from Bridge to Host, all that did was remove the port mapping on the docker tab, it otherwise functions the same as above. As a side note, it shows the server pop with an X below it on the Internal connection (but still lets me connect), and on the External connection it just says it can't connect, and "connection refused:no further information" when I try to connect externally.

Edit: Changing to host instead of bridge allowed me to change the port now for the second issue. But I'm still unable to access the server externally. Ports in router were updated to reflect the changed port.

You don't have to change the network mode from the container.

A little explanation: The containers got an own network range and they NAT (network address translation) from their address to the host (in your case from 172.... to 192....). If you want another port you have to simply go into the template and change the port on the host side from 25565 to anything other that you like (I don't recommend that because some game server like NAT from one to another port).

If you do it like you did it (change also the port in your server.properties) you have to delete the port inside the template and create a new one (please choose the right protocoll TCP or UDP for minecraft i think it's TCP) with the container port and host port corresponding to your server.properties (this is the way i recommend).

For the first problem i can't really help you have to Port forward 192.... and the corresponding port in your router/firewall to allow traffic from outside.

I got many reports about that and i think many internet providers block specific ports (eg: my older ISP blocked for example 22, 23, 80, 443 and all ports from 1024 - 49151 no matter what you configured in your router i had to open a ticket that they open it for me)