[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

You don't have to change the network mode from the container.

A little explanation: The containers got an own network range and they NAT (network address translation) from their address to the host (in your case from 172.... to 192....). If you want another port you have to simply go into the template and change the port on the host side from 25565 to anything other that you like (I don't recommend that because some game server like NAT from one to another port).

If you do it like you did it (change also the port in your server.properties) you have to delete the port inside the template and create a new one (please choose the right protocoll TCP or UDP for minecraft i think it's TCP) with the container port and host port corresponding to your server.properties (this is the way i recommend).

For the first problem i can't really help you have to Port forward 192.... and the corresponding port in your router/firewall to allow traffic from outside.

I got many reports about that and i think many internet providers block specific ports (eg: my older ISP blocked for example 22, 23, 80, 443 and all ports from 1024 - 49151 no matter what you configured in your router i had to open a ticket that they open it for me)

So that first part worked for changing the port. Thanks for the instruction on that. As for the first problem, after some further testing, I do find it odd that indeed those ports do seem to be being blocked. Previously they worked just fine on baremetal before upgrading things to UnRaid, but even testing again on baremetal and a factory reset of the router did not change anything. So my ISP at some point either did a firmware update that broke port forwarding (tested with other non-upnp apps and same issue) or they are indeed blocking ports now. Unless, my motherboard has some sort of firewall built into it, other than UnRaid, that is the only other recent change to the network.

Edited by AnhedonicNeko
On 4/28/2020 at 10:52 PM, ich777 said:

That's not an error, that's just a warning.

Have you provided a steam account and password in the Docker template? If so, please remove them from there since it's not marked as required (only provide credentials if they are marked as required).

This worked! Thanks so much! I thought that since there wasn't a dedicated server in the Steam tools section you would need an account to make it run so I put in credientials to an account that owns the software!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, AnhedonicNeko said:

So that first part worked for changing the port. Thanks for the instruction on that. As for the first problem, after some further testing, I do find it odd that indeed those ports do seem to be being blocked. Previously they worked just fine on baremetal before upgrading things to UnRaid, but even testing again on baremetal and a factory reset of the router did not change anything. So my ISP at some point either did a firmware update that broke port forwarding (tested with other non-upnp apps and same issue) or they are indeed blocking ports now. Unless, my motherboard has some sort of firewall built into it, other than UnRaid, that is the only other recent change to the network.

I don't think that your motherboard has some kind of firewall built in... ;)

I think it's the ISP, try to open a ticket or contact someone at your ISP eventually this is free of charge. ;)

1 hour ago, Vagus said:

This worked! Thanks so much! I thought that since there wasn't a dedicated server in the Steam tools section you would need an account to make it run so I put in credientials to an account that owns the software!

Only put the credentials in if the are marked as required. ;)

8 hours ago, jpowell8672 said:

When one gets released, add a +1 for me. Thanks

& @DominionZA If a dedicated server comes out please feel free to contact me again and i will look into it. ;)

5 hours ago, Newtious said:

any luck on citadel: forged with fire?

Yep, made a container and released it by now, should be available in the next few hours in the CA App. ;)

Btw looks lika a fun game...

14 minutes ago, deaerator said:

How about a gui to control all these game server dockers?

You have Unraid...
Never intended to make a extra GUI, with Unraid you have all you need with all the extra plugins you can make automatic backups, custom cron jobs,...

I'm running the Basic Minecraft Server docker and its working fantastic! Excellent job! I spent a lot of time trying to get other Minecraft servers running before I found and started using your docker. Thank you!.

The one issue I'm currently having is that I cant get any additional java arguments to work. Putting any java flags in the "Extra Game Parameters:" prevents the server from starting, but if I go back and remove them it boots up just fine. Should I be putting java flags here?

Maybe my formatting on the string is incorrect?

java -Xms10G -Xmx10G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=8 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=”https://mcflags.emc.gs” -Daikars.new.flags=true -jar paperclip.jar nogui

I tried removing "-Xms10g -Xms10g" from the string as the XMS size is already in the docker template, but that had no effect. 

Thanks again fro all your hard work!

11 minutes ago, trackstarjc2003 said:

I'm running the Basic Minecraft Server docker and its working fantastic! Excellent job! I spent a lot of time trying to get other Minecraft servers running before I found and started using your docker. Thank you!.

The one issue I'm currently having is that I cant get any additional java arguments to work. Putting any java flags in the "Extra Game Parameters:" prevents the server from starting, but if I go back and remove them it boots up just fine. Should I be putting java flags here?

Maybe my formatting on the string is incorrect?

java -Xms10G -Xmx10G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=8 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=”https://mcflags.emc.gs” -Daikars.new.flags=true -jar paperclip.jar nogui

I tried removing "-Xms10g -Xms10g" from the string as the XMS size is already in the docker template, but that had no effect. 

Thanks again fro all your hard work!

Oh, you also need extra parameters, there is another variable that is not by default in the template.

Click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' at config type select 'Variable', at 'Key' you have to enter this exact string without qutes: 'EXTRA_JVM_PARAMS' and at 'Value' enter your extra parameters but please keep in mind that the Xms and Xmx are already by default in the template and should be entered there.

Oh and without the -jar and so on, since this is all handled by the other variables in the container.

If you're done it should look like this:

grafik.png.dc7390a916557791c785d418e4ca4aef.png

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Oh, you also need extra parameters, there is another variable that is not by default in the template.

Click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' at config type select 'Variable', at 'Key' you have to enter this exact string without qutes: 'EXTRA_JVM_PARAMS' and at 'Value' enter your extra parameters but please keep in mind that the Xms and Xmx are already by default in the template and should be entered there.

Oh and without the -jar and so on, since this is all handled by the other variables in the container.

If you're done it should look like this:

grafik.png.dc7390a916557791c785d418e4ca4aef.png

That did it! Thank you very much for your help and quick response. I'll be sure to donate!

• Like 1

I am having problems with the iw4x container, the game server runs fine about 3-5 minutes than crashes every tiem. because of some internal command failing

https://pastebin.com/EYpWYA5N

I have included the full log but the crash is at:

0009:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
0009:fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
0009:fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpWithHandleData
0009:fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpScanMemory
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0BCC5F08 at address 006B5FE0 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Can't attach process 0008: error 5

Edited by BoKKeR
removed big chunk
30 minutes ago, BoKKeR said:

I am having problems with the iw4x container, the game server runs fine about 3-5 minutes than crashes every tiem. because of some internal command failing

https://pastebin.com/EYpWYA5N

I have included the full log but the crash is at:

0009:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
0009:fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
0009:fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpWithHandleData
0009:fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpScanMemory
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0BCC5F08 at address 006B5FE0 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Can't attach process 0008: error 5

Have you installed any mods or plugins?

I had the same issue if i make some weird config, but that is a common issue from what i've read online when creating the container.

Or is everything with my vanilla configuration?

Edit: Since this container is running with WINE i can garantuee that everything work as expected, i will try it on my unraid server but if you report is as broken i will remove the container from my repository.

Edit2: Eventually the requester of the container @LionHeart can help.

Edited by ich777

This is awesome, didn't think I'd be able to run a dedicated DST server on unraid. I'm trying to run multiple servers on the same machine, but I'm confused on how to do it. I created another cluster and got a new token changed the ports in the .inis but I don't know how to get the docker to start the second server. 

3 hours ago, Craej said:

This is awesome, didn't think I'd be able to run a dedicated DST server on unraid. I'm trying to run multiple servers on the same machine, but I'm confused on how to do it. I created another cluster and got a new token changed the ports in the .inis but I don't know how to get the docker to start the second server. 

Can you please post a screenshot of your setting (both servers).

What exactly is the problem? Does the container start?

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you please post a screenshot of your setting (both servers).

What exactly is the problem? Does the container start?

image.thumb.png.641b4e274f6f1387d8f0d70957058a16.png

Sorry I'm kind of noob about this server stuff.  I'm trying to basically make two dedicated servers or two worlds in DST on one machine. I didn't change any of the default settings on the container.

I started one server with Cluster_1 which was what the docker created, very straight forward but I'm lost at how to run or start the second server on the same machine. I just kind of copy and pasted Cluster_1 and renamed it cluster_2 and changed the token that I got from the game hoping it would start when I restarted the container.  Would I have to somehow clone the docker and have a whole other docker running for it? Hopefully that makes sense. 

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Craej
24 minutes ago, Craej said:

Sorry I'm kind of noob about this server stuff.  I'm trying to basically make two dedicated servers or two worlds in DST on one machine. I didn't change any of the default settings on the container.

I started one server with Cluster_1 which was what the docker created, very straight forward but I'm lost at how to run or start the second server on the same machine. I just kind of copy and pasted Cluster_1 and renamed it cluster_2 and changed the token that I got from the game hoping it would start when I restarted the container.  Would I have to somehow clone the docker and have a whole other docker running for it? Hopefully that makes sense. 

Thanks for the help!

image.png

I would create a second server on Unraid since performance and system resource wise it makes barely no difference, i would do it as follows:

• Start the first docker as usual
  • Create/copy/redownload from CA App
  • Call the new created/copied/redownloaded second server something other then the first
  • Change the serverfiles directory to something like: /mnt/cache/appdata/dontstarve2/serverfiles
  • Change the ports (to every port +1 since the container won't start because you can't use the ports two times on the same IP)
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

I would create a second server on Unraid since performance and system resource wise it makes barely no difference, i would do it as follows:

• Start the first docker as usual
  • Create/copy/redownload from CA App
  • Call the new created/copied/redownloaded second server something other then the first
  • Change the serverfiles directory to something like: /mnt/cache/appdata/dontstarve2/serverfiles
  • Change the ports (to every port +1 since the container won't start because you can't use the ports two times on the same IP)

This worked!! Thanks so much, didn't know you can duplicate a container that easily. Only thing was I forgot to also change the token directory, as it kept pulling my old save file from the other folder but once I changed that it worked perfectly. It duplicates the mods folder but it's such a small footprint.  Thanks again! I also donated some money to the cause for all you do 👍

On 4/30/2020 at 1:53 PM, ich777 said:

I don't think that your motherboard has some kind of firewall built in... ;)

I think it's the ISP, try to open a ticket or contact someone at your ISP eventually this is free of charge. ;)

Turned out to be the router, I bought a real router instead of the ISP one and it works fine now. Now I just need to come up with a good way to update the modpack on the server side, though unless there is some miraculous curse integration option somewhere, I'm probably just going to have to manually update files the old way before Twitch supported server packs.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, AnhedonicNeko said:

Turned out to be the router, I bought a real router instead of the ISP one and it works fine now. Now I just need to come up with a good way to update the modpack on the server side, though unless there is some miraculous curse integration option somewhere, I'm probably just going to have to manually update files the old way before Twitch supported server packs.

Oh nice that it works now.

For the modpacks i can't help since i don't know how they exactly work but can't you specify a path to where the modpack is installed or downloaded?

3 hours ago, marionza said:

Trying to install CS 1.6. Any thoughts on this?

Have you installed a cache drive in your server? If so please change the path from '/mnt/user/appdat...' to '/mnt/cache/appdat...' like in this example:

grafik.thumb.png.ef3274ea546389d6ff6926e73f38aab3.png

If not you have to specify the disk on wich your appdata folder with the containing CS1.6 is instead of the cache.

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Oh nice that it works now.

For the modpacks i can't help since i don't know how they exactly work but can't you specify a path to where the modpack is installed or downloaded?

Hmm, not from Twitch, but if I can figure out how to share the twitch folder to UnRaid maybe I can change the docker's serverfiles parameter. I'm not really sure how to do that though since my Windows install is on a native NVMe drive being stubbed to the VM instead of using a Vdisk.

Edit: Well, turns out the twitch button is just a quick way to download the files, it isn't actually server management capability. So I would still have to do it the manual way anyway. No need then really to link the server files since it will take just as long anyway.

Edited by AnhedonicNeko
  • Thanks 1