[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you installed a cache drive in your server? If so please change the path from '/mnt/user/appdat...' to '/mnt/cache/appdat...' like in this example:

grafik.thumb.png.ef3274ea546389d6ff6926e73f38aab3.png

If not you have to specify the disk on wich your appdata folder with the containing CS1.6 is instead of the cache.

That solved it!

• Like 1

Ok, I'm trying to setup a server for Squad. I assume I do have to have a steam ID/PW, without steamguard, for this correct? Also, what do I set as the parameters? Does anything have to be changed/added in the parameters? Finally, how do I access the admin/setup for the actual server? (Is there a cheatsheet on all this, like what ports to forward, etc?) 

42 minutes ago, VampyreGTX said:

Ok, I'm trying to setup a server for Squad. I assume I do have to have a steam ID/PW, without steamguard, for this correct? Also, what do I set as the parameters? Does anything have to be changed/added in the parameters? Finally, how do I access the admin/setup for the actual server? (Is there a cheatsheet on all this, like what ports to forward, etc?) 

No, because the steam username and password are not marked as required so please don't provide a username or password, otherwise the download will fail.

All is set so the server will start up with the default configurationa, you have to only provide values where the fields are marked as required in the template and you're good to go.

What setup? It works like any other gameserver, configure the preference files and restart the container and it will load the new config, it works as a normal dedicated server on a linux machine.

You have the template, i also make the description of the ports say wich protocol to use (TCP or UDP).

Please read the description of all values and you're good to go.

It works like a normal gameserver on linux but now in a container and easy to use for unraid.

As like most of my containers it's easy as clickin on the app in the CA App and click apply.

Please also note that some games take a really long time to download and the log will tell the progress only every 3rd minute or so but you can monitor that also on the cpu usage.

Hi Ich777! Managed to get my Avorian server up and running successfully, but now I'm having difficulty running the Arma 3 server.

I am having some issues grabbing a log full log, but this is a snippet which I feel has the error that's stopping the server from running:

Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.
Logging in user 'ID_Removed' to Steam Public ...
Loaded client id: 6573464624208740381
Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Listening for connections on: 0.0.0.0:27036
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.
Logging in user 'ID_Removed' to Steam Public ...
Loaded client id: 6573464624208740381
Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Listening for connections on: 0.0.0.0:27036
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '233780' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---server.cfg found...
---Start Server---
15:52:40 Could not enable linux core dumps. Error 1 - �
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 54: 64 Segmentation fault ./arma3server ${GAME_PARAMS}
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
chmod: cannot access '/serverdata/.local/share/Arma 3': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/serverdata/.local/share/Arma 3 - Other Profiles': No such file or directory
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --

7 hours ago, Vagus said:

Hi Ich777! Managed to get my Avorian server up and running successfully, but now I'm having difficulty running the Arma 3 server.

I am having some issues grabbing a log full log, but this is a snippet which I feel has the error that's stopping the server from running:

Can you provide a screenshot from you template configuration?

Als did you have a cache drive installed in your server?

40 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you provide a screenshot from you template configuration?

Als did you have a cache drive installed in your server?

image.thumb.png.a84a5a69499f0dc8cd3725b3922ffd27.png

I don't have a cache drive, although I do sometimes get errors from the "Fix Common Problems" plugin stating an issue with Docker and the cache drive being set. I have mostly ignored it, since I do not have a cache drive.

For reference here is that error:

image.thumb.png.b80290db8f4c4356bb00ae1e7b1e2838.png

But I don't have a cache drive, and my appdata location is set to cache NO:

image.thumb.png.28972fa59a7c06251445166a8207143b.png

Not sure if that helps at all.

1 hour ago, Vagus said:

I don't have a cache drive, although I do sometimes get errors from the "Fix Common Problems" plugin stating an issue with Docker and the cache drive being set. I have mostly ignored it, since I do not have a cache drive.

For reference here is that error:

But I don't have a cache drive, and my appdata location is set to cache NO:

Not sure if that helps at all.

Oh, without a cache it's difficult to set up this container because you have to locate the files from the game on the physical disk please look if the files are really on disk1 (because your path is /mnt/disk1/... by default it's /mnt/cache/...) if the files are on disk1 which filesystem are you using on disk1?

If they are for example on disk3 please change the path from /mnt/disk1/... to /mont/disk3/... (also please make sure that they don't spread across multiple disks).

I would strongly recommend that you install a cache disk (change the path to /mnt/cache/...) or another disk with the Unassigned Drive plugin with the filesystem set to 'brtfs' (then change the path to /mnt/disks/THENAMEOFTHESHARE).

hello im having troubles setting up the csmm-7d2d docker and i have no idea what to set in the domain name area do i need to get my own domain or what do i need to do i have tried to set it to the example. but it aways fails do i need to set up a website for my 7d2d server to use this? sorry im new to both setting up servers and unraid. thanks for all the help and the awesome dockers!

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Starting MariaDB...---
---Starting Redis Server---
---Checking if CSMM is installed---
---Force Update activated, installing CSMM---
---CSMM successfully downloaded, please wait---

> [email protected] install /csmm-7dtd/CSMM/node_modules/uws
> node-gyp rebuild > build_log.txt 2>&1 || exit 0

> [email protected] postinstall /csmm-7dtd/CSMM/node_modules/core-js
> node -e "try{require('./postinstall')}catch(e){}"

[96mThank you for using core-js ([94m https://github.com/zloirock/core-js [96m) for polyfilling JavaScript standard library![0m

[96mThe project needs your help! Please consider supporting of core-js on Open Collective or Patreon: [0m
[96m>[94m https://opencollective.com/core-js [0m
[96m>[94m https://www.patreon.com/zloirock [0m

[96mAlso, the author of core-js ([94m https://github.com/zloirock [96m) is looking for a good job -)[0m

npm WARN [email protected] No license field.

added 1135 packages from 856 contributors and audited 5947 packages in 12.712s

1 package is looking for funding
run `npm fund` for details

found 481 vulnerabilities (72 low, 6 moderate, 401 high, 2 critical)
run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details
---Force Update finished, CSMM successfully installed---
---Prepare Server---
---Configuring Redis---
OK
OK
Background saving started
---Checking for old logs---
---Configuring CSMM---
---Checking if Databse is present---
---Database found, injecting, please wait---
---Start Server---
CSMM version: 1.12.0
debug: Please note: since `sails.config.session.cookie.secure` is set to `true`, the session cookie
debug: will _only_ be sent over TLS connections (i.e. secure https:// requests).
debug: Requests made via http:// will not include a session cookie!
debug:
debug: For more help:
debug: • https://sailsjs.com/config/session#?the-secure-flag
debug: • https://sailsjs.com/config/session#?do-i-need-an-ssl-certificate
debug: • https://sailsjs.com/config/sails-config-http#?properties
debug: • https://sailsjs.com/support
debug:
(node:270) [DEP0095] DeprecationWarning: timers.enroll() is deprecated. Please use setTimeout instead.
(node:270) [DEP0096] DeprecationWarning: timers.unenroll() is deprecated. Please use clearTimeout instead.

csmm-docker.png

Edited by jb93
7 hours ago, jb93 said:

hello im having troubles setting up the csmm-7d2d docker and i have no idea what to set in the domain name area do i need to get my own domain or what do i need to do i have tried to set it to the example. but it aways fails do i need to set up a website for my 7d2d server to use this? sorry im new to both setting up servers and unraid. thanks for all the help and the awesome dockers!

The log looks fine but i would use http instead of https for this container.

You have to set your domainname eg: http://csmm.yourdomainname.com or http://csmm.yourdomainname.duckdns.org (the domainname which you set at the Steam API Key creation because Steam will communicate with this domain.

No you don't have to setup a website because the container will just do that for you (I strongly recommend you to reverse proxy the port from the container - in your case 1337 - to your port 80 or 443) or you port forward the Web Port to port 80 or 443 (but that's very unsecure) in your router, but the last solution is really unsecure!

This container is not the best to start if you are new to this because it's a little difficulty to set up if you are not familar with this.

With the game containers it's a completely different story you just have to port forword the ports in your router and you're good to go, no further setup required.

Me and some friends have been playing Call of Duty 2, 4 and MW2 on LAN for years.

Now, I was thinking about setting up a dedicated server when I came across this:
https://github.com/bgauduch/call-of-duty-2-docker-server

My questions then:

Can this docker be set up/imported on unRaid?
If not.. any chance you could make a version for it/them? The games are all on steam now, I believe.

Thanks for all your excellent other gameservers. They are great.

20 minutes ago, DogeKitteh007 said:

Me and some friends have been playing Call of Duty 2, 4 and MW2 on LAN for years.

Now, I was thinking about setting up a dedicated server when I came across this:
https://github.com/bgauduch/call-of-duty-2-docker-server

My questions then:

Can this docker be set up/imported on unRaid?
If not.. any chance you could make a version for it/them? The games are all on steam now, I believe.

Thanks for all your excellent other gameservers. They are great.

I will take a look into that, but i think this container is not possible with unraid since docker-compose is necessary from what i've read and that is not available on unraid.

Give me some time, got not much spare time in the next few months, not everything is possible in the containers but very much (look at the DebianBuster-Nvidia container that i released recently for Steam In Home Streaming ;) ).

Thank you, appreciate that!

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I will take a look into that, but i think this container is not possible with unraid since docker-compose is necessary from what i've read and that is not available on unraid.

Give me some time, got not much spare time in the next few months, not everything is possible in the containers but very much (look at the DebianBuster-Nvidia container that i released recently for Steam In Home Streaming ;) ).

Thank you, appreciate that!

Nice! Was using my desktop (Manjaro) to stream to the NV Shield in my living room previously. Going to have a look at gamestreaming again when I get a more powerful server.

4 hours ago, boss89 said:

Trying to get minecraft working and im getting the following line

Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/runtime/jre1.8.0_241/bin/java': No such file or directory

any ideas ?

Is it possible that you have interupted the first startup of the container?

To solve this it should be enough that you stop the container delete the runtime directory in your appdata and restart the container.

This error apperas because it finds a java folder but it can't execute/find the java executable.

Hey guys! looking for a bit of help. i got the CSGO server spun up on a local unraid docker. i can access the game via the local network and will worry about port forwarding in a bit.. in the autoexe.cfg i've put the hostname and a password for the server which has no problem taking, but it just wont accept the rcon password. i have -usercon tag active, but every time i login to the server and set my rcon_address to the same address i use to connect to the server and the rcon_password to the password i set it say it cannot connect to the remote server. i tried to put the rcon password also in the server.cfg file but that doesn't work either. so not sure whats going on here.. 

41 minutes ago, Syaoran68 said:

Hey guys! looking for a bit of help. i got the CSGO server spun up on a local unraid docker. i can access the game via the local network and will worry about port forwarding in a bit.. in the autoexe.cfg i've put the hostname and a password for the server which has no problem taking, but it just wont accept the rcon password. i have -usercon tag active, but every time i login to the server and set my rcon_address to the same address i use to connect to the server and the rcon_password to the password i set it say it cannot connect to the remote server. i tried to put the rcon password also in the server.cfg file but that doesn't work either. so not sure whats going on here.. 

Can you post a screenshot from the variable 'TCP RCON' when you click on 'Edit'.

Also i recommend you using Meta-/Sourcemod much easier with the on screen menu.

What does the console say when you connect? How did you enter commands using rcon? Have you changed any ports? Please also provide a full screenshot from your template Docker configuration page in Unraid.

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you post a screenshot from the variable 'TCP RCON' when you click on 'Edit'.

Also i recommend you using Meta-/Sourcemod much easier with the on screen menu.

What does the console say when you connect? How did you enter commands using rcon? Have you changed any ports? Please also provide a full screenshot from your template Docker configuration page in Unraid.

Hi ICH777,

i've included the screenshot of the entire config here -> 53944d3f31.png

game params -> +game_type 0 -usercon +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_active +map de_dust2 -tickrate 128 +sv_setsteamaccount XXXXX

I'm just joining the game and using in game console trying to get rcon setup using rcon_server "localip:27015" along with rcon_password "setpassword". Then using rcon status. which is throwing me back the error saying cannot connect to remote server. 

I'll look into sourcemod but it doesn't look like there are any decent setups for docker containers or even an unraid app setup.

Edited by Syaoran68
16 minutes ago, Syaoran68 said:

Hi ICH777,

i've included the screenshot of the entire config here ->

game params -> +game_type 0 -usercon +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_active +map de_dust2 -tickrate 128 +sv_setsteamaccount XXXXX

I'm just joining the game and using in game console trying to get rcon setup using rcon_server "localip:27015" along with rcon_password "setpassword". Then using rcon status. which is throwing me back the error saying cannot connect to remote server. 

I'll look into sourcemod but it doesn't look like there are any decent setups for docker containers or even an unraid app setup.

Can you please attach a screenshot from the rcon port opened with the edit button (background is that i've got an error in the old template so that the port is translatet wrong).

localip? You have to enter the server ip eg: 192.168.1.1:27015

Source-/Metamod is really simple download it and extract it like the documentation says (you also need to create a .vdf file for the game you are using), then you can add your account to the serveradmins and then the last thing is that you bind a key to sm_admin in the CS:GO console, sounds like lot work but it's really not.

EDIT: I now tried it on my server and it works fine.

Edited by ich777
40 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you please attach a screenshot from the rcon port opened with the edit button (background is that i've got an error in the old template so that the port is translatet wrong).

localip? You have to enter the server ip eg: 192.168.1.1:27015

Source-/Metamod is really simple download it and extract it like the documentation says (you also need to create a .vdf file for the game you are using), then you can add your account to the serveradmins and then the last thing is that you bind a key to sm_admin in the CS:GO console, sounds like lot work but it's really not.

EDIT: I now tried it on my server and it works fine.

42374ea06d.png

Theres the edit button for the TCP rcon config.

i just got sourcemod/metamod installed.. still would like rcon access so i can change the game mode on the fly.. as well as kick bots and such.. so when you get a chance! thank you so much!

Edited by Syaoran68
2 hours ago, Syaoran68 said:

Theres the edit button for the TCP rcon config.

i just got sourcemod/metamod installed.. still would like rcon access so i can change the game mode on the fly.. as well as kick bots and such.. so when you get a chance! thank you so much!

Did you configured the container in Custom br0 (or something like that) network mode? I think it has something to do with your network config also please don't use the ip adress there only the port but if you configured it in Custom br0 mode that you don't need to expose ports because the container has it's own IP and expose all port by default.

If you configured it in Host mode you have to expose ports but also the port alone without a ip adress.

If you configured it in Bridge mode it should be the same as in Host mode.

You can do that by the sourcemod admin menu, no need to go back to the console and type in commands this is a screenshot from a TF2 admin menu but it's always the same (press the key that you've assigned to the sm_admin command and the menu pops up, don't forget to also add you as a admin in the admin file):

Rg3EXbEtboCXaAUfABGOKwrUVNz_HzdGDKNVmB5V

You have to dig through the logs if it says that the sm plugins are loaded.

I think this tutorial should work but keep in mind that you don't need ftp access to your server since we are using Unraid and can upload it directly in the folder click (was the first thing that i've found on google) ;)

(Don't forget to restart the container if you modify something)

Edited by ich777
27 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you configured the container in Custom br0 (or something like that) network mode? I think it has something to do with your network config also please don't use the ip adress there only the port but if you configured it in Custom br0 mode that you don't need to expose ports because the container has it's own IP and expose all port by default.

If you configured it in Host mode you have to expose ports but also the port alone without a ip adress.

If you configured it in Bridge mode it should be the same as in Host mode.

You can do that by the sourcemod admin menu, no need to go back to the console and type in commands this is a screenshot from a TF2 admin menu but it's always the same (press the key that you've assigned to the sm_admin command and the menu pops up, don't forget to also add you as a admin in the admin file):

Rg3EXbEtboCXaAUfABGOKwrUVNz_HzdGDKNVmB5V

You have to dig through the logs if it says that the sm plugins are loaded.

I think this tutorial should work but keep in mind that you don't need ftp access to your server since we are using Unraid and can upload it directly in the folder click (was the first thing that i've found on google) ;)

(Don't forget to restart the container if you modify something)

I'm currently using host mode on unraid. i've tried it with just the port itself if you look at the original post SS. it was just set the 27015. and still was having problems with it. 

i think that bot manager is an addon? i actually do not have it in my menu. i do have advanced admin commands from another plugin i downloaded. its just a bit easier to manage from rcon lols

c799affb5f.png

9 hours ago, Syaoran68 said:

I'm currently using host mode on unraid. i've tried it with just the port itself if you look at the original post SS. it was just set the 27015. and still was having problems with it. 

i think that bot manager is an addon? i actually do not have it in my menu. i do have advanced admin commands from another plugin i downloaded. its just a bit easier to manage from rcon lols

That's not a plugin, simply drop the attached file into your ...appdata\cstrikego\csgo\addons\sourcemod\configs restart the server and you have the new menu, is your plugin as simple as pressing a few buttons?

You have to rename the actual commands since they are in my case in german (google translate will help you out ;) ).

adminmenu_custom.txt

I think it's a pure network problem since it works fine on my server... Sorry but i can't help...

Edited by ich777
22 hours ago, ich777 said:

Is it possible that you have interupted the first startup of the container?

To solve this it should be enough that you stop the container delete the runtime directory in your appdata and restart the container.

This error apperas because it finds a java folder but it can't execute/find the java executable.

ive tried deleting the runtime folder via explorer from my main pc and it wont delete, any hints ?

4 hours ago, boss89 said:

ive tried deleting the runtime folder via explorer from my main pc and it wont delete, any hints ?

This can is the result of a permission issue but you can get arround this using this:

Open up a terminal from unraid and type in:

'cd /mnt/user/appdata/minecraftbasicserver' (if you have the minecraft folder there and it's named 'minecraftbasicserver')

Then you have to be CAREFUL!

'rm -R runtime' (if your minecraftfolder is named 'minecraftbasicserver')

Please be very carefull with this commands since you are dealing with serious commands and can delete something other too...

Can you also post a picture of what's in the folder of you minecraftbasicserver?

Edited by ich777