[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 5/12/2020 at 7:16 PM, deaerator said:

Curious how do I setup a Cluster and add Mods to your ARK Docker?

I don't know anything about clustering ARK or the mods for AKR, you can search this thread for cluster and you will find a few posts and someone who describes this.

But it should all be possible, it is the same as a linux dedicated server and mod installation and clustering should also be the same.

EDIT: I've seen you asked the questen already a year ago here is the answer:

Edited by ich777
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found

OK.
Logging in user 'XXXXXXXXXXXX' to Steam Public ...
Generated client id: XXXXXXXXX
Listening for IPv4 broadcast on: 27036
Listening for connections on: 0.0.0.0:27036
Received broadcast message from client XXXXXXXXXXXXX (DESKTOP-IAK4KNQ): xx.x.x.xx:27036
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found

OK.
Logging in user 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' to Steam Public ...
Loaded client id: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Logged in OK
Update state (0x0) : Timed out waiting for update to start, bailing.
Error! App '376030' state is 0x204 after update job.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

Been fighting getting and ark server up and running for hours now. When i fresh install it shows up in steam servers but as soon as i change O:\ark-se\ShooterGame\Config\defaultgame.ini of defaultgameusersettings.ini it stops showing up and never works again. Here is the latest log

Edited by TheSquigglyline
5 hours ago, TheSquigglyline said:

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.
Logging in user 'XXXXXXXXXXXX' to Steam Public ...
Generated client id: XXXXXXXXX
Received broadcast message from client XXXXXXXXXXXXX (DESKTOP-IAK4KNQ): xx.x.x.xx:27036
Logged in OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---

OK.
Logging in user 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' to Steam Public ...
Loaded client id: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Logged in OK
Update state (0x0) : Timed out waiting for update to start, bailing.
Error! App '376030' state is 0x204 after update job.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

Been fighting getting and ark server up and running for hours now. When i fresh install it shows up in steam servers but as soon as i change O:\ark-se\ShooterGame\Config\defaultgame.ini of defaultgameusersettings.ini it stops showing up and never works again. Here is the latest log

Are you logging in with Steam credentials in the container? If so don't do it for this container!

I think there must be an issue with the config itself, doese the log not say more if you do a fresh install (It should go on after the warning that it can't detect a running Steam Client).

5 hours ago, TheSquigglyline said:

as soon as i change O:\ark-se\ShooterGame\Config\defaultgame.ini of defaultgameusersettings.ini

What did you change? I don't understand what you want to say.

What did you change in the files, it should work as a normal ark linux dedicated server and should not be different.

23 hours ago, boss89 said:

ive tried deleting the runtime folder via explorer from my main pc and it wont delete, any hints ?

Doese it work now? Have you set the variable 'Accept EULA' in the Docker template to 'true' otherwise the server wont start.

From your screenshot i see that it creates all the necessary files.

Edited by ich777

Are you logging in with Steam credentials in the container? If so don't do it for this container!

I as using steam credentials. I just did a fresh install of the docker/steam-cmd/ark-se. here is my log

usermod: no changes
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Loaded client id: 7190745870286915205
Logged in OK
---Update Server---

OK.

Logged in OK
Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

What did you change? I don't understand what you want to say.

What did you change in the files, it should work as a normal ark linux dedicated server and should not be different.

I am changing the ark game server settings to match my desired server. Things like xp multipliers and tame timers. Things i should be able to change. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

I think there must be an issue with the config itself, doese the log not say more if you do a fresh install (It should go on after the warning that it can't detect a running Steam Client).

Things changed in the config: network type is br:0, console shell is bash, steamcmd and ark files file location changed to ark share stored on cache. That is all I have changed. Didn't enter in anything else that is blank.

4 hours ago, TheSquigglyline said:

I as using steam credentials. I just did a fresh install of the docker/steam-cmd/ark-se. here is my log

Don't use credentials since the download can fail or not work correctly.

Only use it when it's marked as required in the template.

I am changing the ark game server settings to match my desired server. Things like xp multipliers and tame timers. Things i should be able to change. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

This should work without any problem...

Things changed in the config: network type is br:0, console shell is bash, steamcmd and ark files file location changed to ark share stored on cache. That is all I have changed. Didn't enter in anything else that is blank.

What is the path exactly /mnt/user/... or /mnt/cache/... (It must be /mnt/cache/... if you have it on the cache).

Hi, I'm trying to use the NWN-EE server, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to:

• load games
  • save games
  • in general interact with the server manually

When using the official beamdog server, when running `docker attach DOCKERNAME`, once gets a CLI to the server itself, where calling `save`, `load`, etc. will perform the relevant actions. But not with this docker, right? How can I save the game when using this server?

Regarding loading, at first I thought that I could `load` the game using the `'GAME_PARAMS'='-load 9 -quiet'` docker environment variable. But this does not seem to work, the server does not load anything. Here is the `docker run` line:

docker run -d --name='NeverwinterNights-EE' --net='lsio' -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'LOG_LVL'='5' -e 'MOD_NAME'='The Aielund Saga Act II - Defender of the Crown' -e 'NWNEE_V'='latest' -e 'MAX_CLIENTS'='7' -e 'MINLEVEL'='1' -e 'MAXLEVEL'='40' -e 'PAUSEAPLAY'='1' -e 'PVP'='2' -e 'SERVERVAULT'='1' -e 'ELC'='0' -e 'ILR'='0' -e 'ONEPARTY'='0' -e 'DIFF'='3' -e 'AUTO_SAV_I'='15' -e 'SRV_NAME'='test' -e 'PPW'='testpwd' -e 'APWD'='adminDocker' -e 'PUBLIC_SRV'='0' -e 'RLD_W_E'='0' -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='-load 9' -e 'UID'='99' -e 'GID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='000' -p '5121:5121/udp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/nwnee':'/nwnee':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/nwnee-server'

And here is the docker log:

---Starting...---
---Starting MariaDB...---
---Starting Redis Server---
---Server Version Check---

---Server versions match! Installed: v8193.13 | Preferred: v8193.13---
---Binaries Version Check---

---Binaries versions match! Installed: v8193.13 | Preferred: v8193.13---
---Prepare Server---
---Checking if everything is in place---
---Configuring Redis---
OK
OK
Background saving started
---Checking for old logs---
Starting NWNX...
=========================================
Base address is: 0x000055ad3bf19000
g_pExoBase is: 0x000055ad3caf6580
Corrected 5967 ASLR addresses
Neverwinter Nights Server
Build: 8193.13 [3ba0f825]
Copyright BioWare Corp 1998-2004
Registering crash signal handlers.

Server: Loading...
N [22:13:25] [NWNX_Core] [NWNXCore.cpp:565] Loading NWNX.
Working Directory For Game Install Is: /nwnee
Working Directory For Your Resources Is: /nwnee/Neverwinter Nights
Server: Running...

Server: Loading module "The Aielund Saga Act II - Defender of the Crown"..................................................................................................................
Server: Module loaded

No loading is performed, as evident from the logs (a message 'loading something something' would appear otherwise).

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, OdinEidolon said:

Hi, I'm trying to use the NWN-EE server, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to:

• load games
  • save games
  • in general interact with the server manually

When using the official beamdog server, when running `docker attach DOCKERNAME`, once gets a CLI to the server itself, where calling `save`, `load`, etc. will perform the relevant actions. But not with this docker, right? How can I save the game when using this server?

Regarding loading, at first I thought that I could `load` the game using the `'GAME_PARAMS'='-load 9 -quiet'` docker environment variable. But this does not seem to work, the server does not load anything. Here is the `docker run` line:

docker run -d --name='NeverwinterNights-EE' --net='lsio' -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'LOG_LVL'='5' -e 'MOD_NAME'='The Aielund Saga Act II - Defender of the Crown' -e 'NWNEE_V'='latest' -e 'MAX_CLIENTS'='7' -e 'MINLEVEL'='1' -e 'MAXLEVEL'='40' -e 'PAUSEAPLAY'='1' -e 'PVP'='2' -e 'SERVERVAULT'='1' -e 'ELC'='0' -e 'ILR'='0' -e 'ONEPARTY'='0' -e 'DIFF'='3' -e 'AUTO_SAV_I'='15' -e 'SRV_NAME'='test' -e 'PPW'='testpwd' -e 'APWD'='adminDocker' -e 'PUBLIC_SRV'='0' -e 'RLD_W_E'='0' -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='-load 9' -e 'UID'='99' -e 'GID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='000' -p '5121:5121/udp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/nwnee':'/nwnee':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/nwnee-server'

And here is the docker log:

---Starting...---
---Starting MariaDB...---
---Starting Redis Server---
---Server Version Check---

---Server versions match! Installed: v8193.13 | Preferred: v8193.13---
---Binaries Version Check---

---Binaries versions match! Installed: v8193.13 | Preferred: v8193.13---
---Prepare Server---
---Checking if everything is in place---
---Configuring Redis---
OK
OK
Background saving started
---Checking for old logs---
Starting NWNX...
Base address is: 0x000055ad3bf19000
g_pExoBase is: 0x000055ad3caf6580
Corrected 5967 ASLR addresses
Neverwinter Nights Server
Build: 8193.13 [3ba0f825]
Copyright BioWare Corp 1998-2004
Registering crash signal handlers.

Server: Loading...
N [22:13:25] [NWNX_Core] [NWNXCore.cpp:565] Loading NWNX.
Working Directory For Game Install Is: /nwnee
Working Directory For Your Resources Is: /nwnee/Neverwinter Nights
Server: Running...

Server: Loading module "The Aielund Saga Act II - Defender of the Crown"..................................................................................................................
Server: Module loaded

No loading is performed, as evident from the logs (a message 'loading something something' would appear otherwise).

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!

Sorry but i can't really help since i don't know how things work but i've seen that you can save ingame or am i wrong?

If you report that the container is not workin properly then i will pull it from the CA App.

But somethin must work, this container has 3.8k pulls on it...

2 hours ago, deaerator said:

Wondering if this is a serious error and how do I fix this?

This is using the Ark Server Template.

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed

If you search for this specific line and add dedicated server in the searchengine of your choice or even search for line in this thread you will find the answer. ;)

This is actually only a warning.

The game simply can't find a running instance of the Steam client.

If you think of it this is totally normal because how would you run a instance of the Steam client on a headless machine...

Edited by ich777

I've never edited a docker before in console and i would like to edit the server.properties file in the minecraft bedrock addition docker. I run this for my kids but they keep getting lost. I've done a little research and the easiest way is to teleport to eachother. I have tried the command but it says that cheats are not enabled on this server. In properties, there are many options but they are all greyed out. Is there an easy way to enable those in the GUI? or should i simply edit the server.properties file? will that persist after an update?

I'm useless at console and know very little commands. i have tried vi but that doesn't work. what is the command to use?

many thanks for making an old fart look cool to their kids!

Edited by Ockingshay
1 hour ago, Ockingshay said:

I've never edited a docker before in console and i would like to edit the server.properties file in the minecraft bedrock addition docker. I run this for my kids but they keep getting lost. I've done a little research and the easiest way is to teleport to eachother. I have tried the command but it says that cheats are not enabled on this server. In properties, there are many options but they are all greyed out. Is there an easy way to enable those in the GUI? or should i simply edit the server.properties file? will that persist after an update?

I'm useless at console and know very little commands. i have tried vi but that doesn't work. what is the command to use?

many thanks for making an old fart look cool to their kids!

You don't have to edit the container in the console, if you have shared the directory in which you have the bedrockserver (usually the appdata folder) then just open it through smb or whatever you connect to your server and open the server.properties with a text editor of you choice and search for this line: 'allow-cheats' and change it from false to true like this: 'allow-cheats=true' save the file and restart the container.

I think for issuing this commands you have to be OP on the server.

Connect to the game console (in the description from the container is a described how to do this) and type in: '/op YOURMINECRAFTUSERNAME' then you have the ability to OP other players from the ingame chat/console or issue teleport or other 'cheat' commands.

I hope this makes it a bit clearer...

(all above commands without quotes)

Edited by ich777

thanks for the reply :)

I did a lot more reading and you're right on both accounts!

1) The easiest way to do this is to edit the server.properties with a file editor. I used notepad++ and browsed to the appdata folder in windows.

2) Changing my character to "operator" involved editing the "permissions.json" file and adding the following info:

[
{
        "permission": "operator",
        "xuid": "253327479523894"
    }
]

2a) To find one's xuid, you simply click on the log icon in the dockers tab in unraid webgui next to the Minecraft docker and then start playing minecraft. When you join the server it tells you who just joined and what their xuid is!

Seems i'm going to be getting very familiar with the inner workings of this game over the next few years, haha!

44 minutes ago, Ockingshay said:

thanks for the reply :)

I did a lot more reading and you're right on both accounts!

1) The easiest way to do this is to edit the server.properties with a file editor. I used notepad++ and browsed to the appdata folder in windows.

2) Changing my character to "operator" involved editing the "permissions.json" file and adding the following info:

[
{
        "permission": "operator",
        "xuid": "253327479523894"
    }
]

2a) To find one's xuid, you simply click on the log icon in the dockers tab in unraid webgui next to the Minecraft docker and then start playing minecraft. When you join the server it tells you who just joined and what their xuid is!

Seems i'm going to be getting very familiar with the inner workings of this game over the next few years, haha!

Actually for 2 the way by connecting to the console is way easier... ;)

But now that you're OP you can OP other players from the ingame console/chat.

Nice to hear that everything works as expected. ;)

On 5/14/2020 at 11:27 PM, ich777 said:

Sorry but i can't really help since i don't know how things work but i've seen that you can save ingame or am i wrong?

If you report that the container is not workin properly then i will pull it from the CA App.

But somethin must work, this container has 3.8k pulls on it...

Tanks for the reply!

Yes, I believe you can save ingame if you login as admin, but i'm not sure that's true. I can't find how to do it anyway.

What we did when using the beamdog official docker is use docker attach, which would give us a console in which to type commands.

Now I found out that we could do that thanks to the -dit Docker options (I'm a docker noob, sorry), so adding them to your container works as well.

However, I still think the GAME_PARAMS variable seems to do nothing. I pass '-load 9' as value (without quotes) and still game number 9 is not loaded (and nothing to that effect is logged).

Could you help me please, whats wrong with my setup ?
I have read the whole tread in the last 5 hours but i couldn't find the fix.

My problem:
I have one running server, (this is cool, thank you for the template) now i want to create a second running server on another map.
As the first step, tried to start it on the same map, as a test but the second server is not visible in ARK game, or it does not work correctly.
I tried to use the recommended ports (Server game instance 2 7779 7780 27016 27021) from here, then i tried to use different ports (3320x) based on a few screenshots from this thread. 

And i tried to use the the same appdata/ark-se folder in Server2 too. 

(Port forwarding triple checked too.. ) 

Do you have an idea ? :)
Thank you!

ArcCluster.png

Edited by Sin
On 5/14/2020 at 12:17 AM, TheSquigglyline said:

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

OK.

Logged in OK
---Update Server---

OK.

Logged in OK
Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

Don't change things inside defaultgame/defaultgameusersettings.ini for starters. Shootergame/saved/config/linuxserver/game.ini (or the same path for gus.ini) is where you should do such things.

2 hours ago, Sin said:

Could you help me please, whats wrong with my setup ?
I have read the whole tread in the last 5 hours but i couldn't find the fix.

My problem:
I have one running server, (this is cool, thank you for the template) now i want to create a second running server on another map.
As the first step, tried to start it on the same map, as a test but the second server is not visible in ARK game, or it does not work correctly.
I tried to use the recommended ports (Server game instance 2 7779 7780 27016 27021) from here, then i tried to use different ports (3320x) based on a few screenshots from this thread. 

And i tried to use the the same appdata/ark-se folder in Server2 too. 

(Port forwarding triple checked too.. ) 

Do you have an idea ? :)
Thank you!

ArcCluster.png

Some quick questions: 

1.  Are you trying to access to second map from a VM on the same UnRaid server, another machine in the LAN, or from an external source?

2.  What ports are your internal config files pointed to on your second map?

• Like 1

Terraria 1.4.0.2 just came out and I put it in the docker config and its showing as up to date in the console (on 1.4.0.1) so just wondering where does it check the version and download the files from?

Edited by solojazz
Added info
50 minutes ago, solojazz said:

Terraria 1.4.0.2 just came out and I put it in the docker config and its showing as up to date in the console (on 1.4.0.1) so just wondering where does it check the version and download the files from?

My container cannot find or open /serverdata/serverfiles/terraria-server-1402.zip. I think the container is having an issue finding the latest server exe for terraria.

1 hour ago, solojazz said:

I am having the same issue as well, but the workaround I came up with in the meantime was to stop the docker, download the 1.4.0.2 server files and copy them to the appdata folder that the game files download to, and start the docker. The server launches just fine as 1.4.0.2. Just make sure the version number is the same in the docker settings. From the active log it was saying that it couldn't rm some serverfiles or unzip the new update.