[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Oh sorry looked into the template, no you don't have to use a steamaccount (it's not marked as required - I think for Killing Floor you need to provide a valid steam account).

Actually only a few games need a steam account and a few of them the game bought.

Alright thanks! Maybe a suggestion: You can specify explicitly which server would require a valid steam account(or/and even with that particular game bought).

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, PzrrL said:

Alright thanks! Maybe a suggestion: You can specify explicitly which server would require a valid steam account(or/and even with that particular game bought).

The games who need a steam account have the fields username and password marked as required and also a text in the discription.

The games who need the game in the account itself are the same with a notice in the discription.

18 minutes ago, darkslyde said:

any chance for an updated Terraria w/ Tshock pre8 for 1.4? or a "how to" update the docker you have with the pre-release tshock?

You can update the container but it will fail to start since it's using Mono and i think because it's a pre alpha version.

Just let the container do it's thing for the first time and let it start up and then shut it down.

Download the TShock mod of your choice and extract it in the main directory (overwrite the existing files), then start the container again.

The last time someone/I tried this it failed to start up.

yeah, its stuck on a crash loop. even with dumping official tshock files, gonna see how ryshe/terraria/ managed to implement it. also, is journey mode disabled in your build? 

EDIT: I had to add: -autocreate 2 -seed XXXXXX to GAME_PARAMS so I could re-create a seeded Journey world cause relying on the serverconfig.txt autocreate & difficulty wouldn't.

Edited by darkslyde
added info
14 hours ago, darkslyde said:

yeah, its stuck on a crash loop. even with dumping official tshock files, gonna see how ryshe/terraria/ managed to implement it. also, is journey mode disabled in your build? 

EDIT: I had to add: -autocreate 2 -seed XXXXXX to GAME_PARAMS so I could re-create a seeded Journey world cause relying on the serverconfig.txt autocreate & difficulty wouldn't.

I assume this is what your getting??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------W A R N I N G--------------------------------------
---The variable Prefered Version doesn't work anymore for Version 1.4.0.2 and up----

---The conatainer will always pull the latest version if set to 1.4.0.2 or higher---

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Version Check---

---Terraria Version up-to-date---

---Version Check of TShock Mod---

---TShock Mod Version up-to-date---

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Checking for old logs---
---Start Server---
at Terraria.RecipeGroup..ctor (System.Func`1[TResult] getName, System.Int32[] validItems) [0x0000d] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Recipe.SetupRecipeGroups () [0x00009] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Recipe.SetupRecipes () [0x00004] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Main.Initialize_AlmostEverything () [0x001b1] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Main.Initialize () [0x00136] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Main.DedServ () [0x0005c] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame (System.String[] args, System.Boolean monoArgs) [0x000ac] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0

Please send crashlog.txt to [email protected]
Terminated
[?1l>[39;49m

2 minutes ago, Natcoso9955 said:

I assume this is what your getting??

---------------------------------W A R N I N G--------------------------------------
---The variable Prefered Version doesn't work anymore for Version 1.4.0.2 and up----

---The conatainer will always pull the latest version if set to 1.4.0.2 or higher---

---Version Check---

---Terraria Version up-to-date---

---Version Check of TShock Mod---

---TShock Mod Version up-to-date---

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Checking for old logs---
---Start Server---
at Terraria.RecipeGroup..ctor (System.Func`1[TResult] getName, System.Int32[] validItems) [0x0000d] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Recipe.SetupRecipeGroups () [0x00009] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Recipe.SetupRecipes () [0x00004] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Main.Initialize_AlmostEverything () [0x001b1] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Main.Initialize () [0x00136] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Main.DedServ () [0x0005c] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame (System.String[] args, System.Boolean monoArgs) [0x000ac] in <00f37d15da2a4e5eba21c9d37c478226>:0

Please send crashlog.txt to [email protected]
Terminated
[?1l>[39;49m

Yep.

Don't know if it's a pre release version thing or something else but the default release version work fine with mono...

Edited by ich777
On 5/24/2020 at 7:34 PM, Malbolgia said:

Will test it as soon as the players are off the server. Thx again.

Update: I tried the update within the docker but it does not get to the latest version if you run it. Could be that the files are in use of course and the download during running the server is not the ideal situation. So I copied my items from the saved arks location to my local pc and removed the folders within the Shootergame folder and run the docker again with validate true option.

All the files got downloaded again but was starting with the old version again 310.68 which got me confused again. I don't think this is the docker issue but the issue on steam like you stated so I am contacting the arksurvive team.

Will do an isntall on a windows system just to see if that is working and also will test on a virtual machine with linux on it. Will update the post if I checked it if anybody also has an issue.

Update again: And found a post https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/532482-linux-server-the-new-update-is-not-available/&tab=comments#comment-2886406 this seems to be normal at the moment. :(

Checked on the update today in the docker. It is now running version 310.111 so restart your servers and it will get updated. Thx for support ich777

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Malbolgia said:

Checked on the update today in the docker. It is now running version 310.111 so restart your servers and it will get updated. Thx for support ich777

So i literally had this error 5 hours ago, all i did to fix was rename appdata, recreate and working now.

So i can get the server to boot, however when i try and connect says its a different version. client is 1.4.0.4, thats what i put in docker..... any way to 100% check?

Thanks ich777

Edited by Natcoso9955
40 minutes ago, Malbolgia said:

So everything is working now?

38 minutes ago, Natcoso9955 said:

So i literally had this error 5 hours ago, all i did to fix was rename appdata, recreate and working now.

So i can get the server to boot, however when i try and connect says its a different version. client is 1.4.0.4, thats what i put in docker..... any way to 100% check?

Thanks ich777

Don't understand the question...

Can you post the log output and wich version does it say in the log?

EDIT: Malbolgia is writing about the ARK Container and I think you are writing about the Terraria Container or am I wrong?

The ARK Conter functions completely different and there was an issue with the linux files on SteamCMD.

Edited by ich777
1 hour ago, Natcoso9955 said:

Thanks ich777

If you pulled ich777's tshock docker and edit the version to 1.4.0.4 before running it all the way, you will bonk the installation. You have to keep it at 1.3.5.3 and let it run its course (you can always check by looking at the end of the log to see what server version you are running). After it has completed its thing, stop the docker, change the version.

"The variable Prefered Version doesn't work anymore for Version 1.4.0.2 and up". Btw, that's the same error you get when running the tmodloader version of ich777 so whatever is common between the two is the culprit.

I'm currently running the ryshe/terraria docker with tshock pre-release8 that works with 1.4.0.4 

31 minutes ago, darkslyde said:

If you pulled ich777's tshock docker and edit the version to 1.4.0.4 before running it all the way, you will bonk the installation. You have to keep it at 1.3.5.3 and let it run its course (you can always check by looking at the end of the log to see what server version you are running). After it has completed its thing, stop the docker, change the version.

"The variable Prefered Version doesn't work anymore for Version 1.4.0.2 and up". Btw, that's the same error you get when running the tmodloader version of ich777 so whatever is common between the two is the culprit.

I'm currently running the ryshe/terraria docker with tshock pre-release8 that works with 1.4.0.4 

Thats not an error, i've baked that in so that everyone can see if you set to version 1.4.0.2 it will always download the newest version.

But i will think i drop support for this container and also pull it from CA App with TShock...

EDIT: One thing, I've now tried it and it work OOB if i set it at the beginning to 1.4.0.2

Edited by ich777
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

So everything is working now?

EDIT: Malbolgia is writing about the ARK Container and I think you are writing about the Terraria Container or am I wrong?

The ARK Conter functions completely different and there was an issue with the linux files on SteamCMD.

Yes everything is working now! 😁

Binaries were updated from linux point of view.

I have one additional question. If you click on the log of the docker server you will get this overview:

dockerlog.png.d74585fb0863daa13bebc2229db1ea93.png

Is it possible to get a date and time stamp shown for each command shown in there?

• Thanks 1

Yes and no.

I cann add timestamps at my commands (checking if steamcmd is up to date, checking if the game is up do date)

For the ark console itself it is a game specific question since the container puts out the log from the gameconsole itself if the game itself supports it and can activated by some startup parameter.

There are other ways around this but that means i had to completely redo the container...

EDIT: I think there is some other command so that you will see the actual output from the ARK console.

Edited by ich777
12 hours ago, ich777 said:

EDIT: One thing, I've now tried it and it work OOB if i set it at the beginning to 1.4.0.2

Hmm, short of blowing the app away and pulling again, when i clear appdata and restart with 1.4.0.4 as version. It says it downloads that version, but then after generating world says its an older version. (See attachment)

Ill have a play tonight and see what the template is doing.

masterLog.0

Just now, Natcoso9955 said:

Hmm, short of blowing the app away and pulling again, when i clear appdata and restart with 1.4.0.4 as version. It says it downloads that version, but then after generating world says its an older version. (See attachment)

Ill have a play tonight and see what the template is doing.

masterLog.0 553.25 kB · 0 downloads

That's actually the TShock Mod. ;)

Can you send me a screenshot from your Terraria folder?

Also I currently have pulled Terraria TShock from the CA App since I personally don't own the game and can't test anything (will drop support and also pull it from the CA App for every game that I don't own and can't test if someone reports an error).

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

That's actually the TShock Mod. ;)

Can you send me a screenshot from your Terraria folder?

Also I currently have pulled Terraria TShock from the CA App since I personally don't own the game and can't test anything (will drop support and also pull it from the CA App for every game that I don't own and can't test if someone reports an error).

OH, hahaha (thats embarrassing. lol)
Im guessing the terraria-1404 is the file you where looking for.

Also id be willing to help pay for some of these games. (if im needing help getting it working, for instance, Terraria is only $15) 

2020-05-28 18_57_58-terraria-tshock - root@lupus - WinSCP.png

2020-05-28 18_59_45-Terraria_ You sand bro_.png

8 hours ago, Natcoso9955 said:

Terraria is only $15

Don't get me wrong but if I had to buy every game...

Get not much Donations and without them I won't be able to support it and don't want to get a headache if I had to write with someone that's not in my timezone... :D

But if this file is in the main directory version 1.4.0.4 is installed, I think this has something to do with the TShock mod that it displays it wrong...

Im going to try and install manually (place zip in root and see what happens.)

If you only place it in the directory nothing will happen.

Same issue,

I think it's the TShock mod as i said. ;)

It reports always this verision...

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

But if this file is in the main directory version 1.4.0.4 is installed, I think this has something to do with the TShock mod that it displays it wrong...

If you only place it in the directory nothing will happen.

I think it's the TShock mod as i said. ;)

It reports always this verision...

I deleted all the files (except the world, and tshock folder) your script does a check for the terraria files, because it wasn't there but the zip was it extracts the zip.

Even the zip from terraria website gave me the version mismatch error. (In game when trying to join from client)

I am contemplating using the same zip but the windows version on my PC and seeing if I still get error if so, then I think it's a terraria issue.

Will keep you posted.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I'm using the RUST docker, I set it up and start it up and everything works. But when I want to use the RCON, I can't activate the rcon.password, in the log it says : Command 'rcon.password' not found

It is added in the line of Game parameters: +server.maxplayers 100 -rcon.port 28016 -rcon.web 1 -rcon.password *****

What could be the fault?

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Fran.S said:

Hi,

I'm using the RUST docker, I set it up and start it up and everything works. But when I want to use the RCON, I can't activate the rcon.password, in the log it says : Command 'rcon.password' not found

It is added in the line of Game parameters: +server.maxplayers 100 -rcon.port 28016 -rcon.web 1 -rcon.password *****

What could be the fault?

Thank you!

The command line options look good to me.

You could try to set it in the config file instead of the command line.

33 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The command line options look good to me.

You could try to set it in the config file instead of the command line.

I've also tried the configuration file, but it won't load.
RUST, does not execute certain commands in the configuration file, it only executes them in the game parameters.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Fran.S said:

I've also tried the configuration file, but it won't load.
RUST, does not execute certain commands in the configuration file, it only executes them in the game parameters.

Thank you!

I will look into it as soon as I got a little bit more time.

But it shouldn't be different from a normal linux dedicated server...

Hi,

I am trying to route the Minecraft Server traffic through my letsencrypt reverse proxy but I just don't get it to work. I already made cnames for my domain and for my cloudflare dns but I think I am failing at the *.subdomain.conf file in the proxy-confs folder inside of nginx.

Is anyone running his/her server with an lets encrypt reverse proxy and can send or tell me what I have to set in the minecraft.subdomain.conf file?

I already read in this article that it's possible:

But no conf file example there.