[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, Natcoso9955 said:

You can enter the steamGuard code into the console of steamcmd, but i dont know how you would incorporate that into the docker container.
killing floor has the same thing.

That's not how I designed the Container and simply can't work (since the container tries to download the game, then it fails and goes to the next step and tries to start the game but can't find the executable so it will error out and the container will restart and now it is in a endless loop).

For Killing Floor this is a whole different story since the Steam account that is used to download the game dosen't has to have the game in the library, it only has to be a valid Steam account so you simply can create a Steam account for dedicated servers.

For Project Cars the Steam account that is used to download it has to have the game in it's library.

I recommend for such games that needs the game in the library to create a dedicated account with a really strong password and with SteamGuard disabled otherwise it simply can't work (I've allready tried a few methodes to circumvent this but none of them worked really well one locked me out of my Steam account for 1 hour...).

1 hour ago, Natcoso9955 said:

Just wondering if you could pre-generate and put the code in a template variable to get around it.

Sorry but this is from a security perspectice worse than a passworde, aren't these the backup codes for the steamguard?

Also this is net how i designed the containers...

I recommend everytime to create a dedicated steam account for dedicated server with a strong password.

On 6/8/2020 at 6:48 PM, Myleslewis said:

Thanks, take all the time you need :)

Instagib is a server side mod that removes all weapons apart from the rail gun, it's one shot one kill mechanic making for a fast paced game environment.

A link to the mod can be found here: https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-4518/InstaGib-1-29h

To play single player you extract the files into a folder in the same directory as baseq3 in your Q3 install, not sure how you'd do it on the server though.

Thanks for looking into it for me :)

I've now tried this, but without any luck, I find so many different informations about how to start the mod.

Is there not a real tutorial on how to do this?

Eventually it's because this is the basic dedicated server from id software itself and not ioquake?

Sorry my Quake times are long over... :D

If you can hook me up with some kind of tutorial or something i really would appriciate that ;)

Really appreciate these game servers! :D

I'm having trouble accessing the terraria server from outside the local network. I can connect on the local ip but when friends try to connect from outside the house it never even shows in the logs. 

I've added the port into the port forwarder on the router. I tried adding the ip into the config file and didnt seem to help. Also tried adding steam and or lobby lines in and neither of those seemed to do anything for me either. 

Feel like its something simple I'm missing. I poked through the pages here and didn't see any relevant info. Thanks for any help anyone might be able to provide.  

49 minutes ago, Liquidbings said:

Really appreciate these game servers! :D

I'm having trouble accessing the terraria server from outside the local network. I can connect on the local ip but when friends try to connect from outside the house it never even shows in the logs. 

I've added the port into the port forwarder on the router. I tried adding the ip into the config file and didnt seem to help. Also tried adding steam and or lobby lines in and neither of those seemed to do anything for me either. 

Feel like its something simple I'm missing. I poked through the pages here and didn't see any relevant info. Thanks for any help anyone might be able to provide.  

Is everything setup correctly?

Are other services from outside your network reachable?

Are you using a DNS service?

Wich port did you forwarard to what and also wich IP?

Have you left everything at default or did you change something in the config/template?

Please don't use this lines...

Some ISP's actually block some ports and you have to contact them to hopefully open the ports.

On 6/7/2020 at 11:04 PM, Mizerka said:

This is vanilla, I tried few more versions since, but could only get it to generate a 1.3.5.3 world. Tried few more modes, small medium large, all giving the same error, I'm not great at reading syntax but seems like it's just expecting a integer early on probably from some variable, or from initial error where some var is just not set at all.

All Terraria Containers are now fixed and should be working as usual. ;)

14 minutes ago, Augmentum said:

Ok so, I figured out how to create a second container for terraria, Could anyone direct me in creating a world that's Large, Master, Crimson in the settings? I can't seem to figure this out.

Create it on your local computer and copy it over.

Before you do that look in your serversettings.txt on the server to find out what the name of the world is that your server uses (usually world.wld or world1.wld)

And then create a world with that name or you can also change the serversetting.txt but note that you have to change the worldname and the autoload path accordingly to match the worldname that you've created (but please don't change the path)

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Create it on your local computer and copy it over.

Before you do that look in your serversettings.txt on the server to find out what the name of the world is that your server uses (usually world.wld or world1.wld)

And then create a world with that name or you can also change the serversetting.txt but note that you have to change the worldname and the autoload path accordingly to match the worldname that you've created (but please don't change the path)

Do i keep using the

-config serverconfig.txt in GAME_PARAMS?

So I just change the .wld file name to world transfer it over to the "Worlds" folder and start the server? what about the server config txt file that was included in the files? When I don't use the serverconfig.txt file it just prompts me in the logs to create a new world.

19 minutes ago, Augmentum said:

Do i keep using the

-config serverconfig.txt in GAME_PARAMS?

So I just change the .wld file name to world transfer it over to the "Worlds" folder and start the server? what about the server config txt file that was included in the files? When I don't use the serverconfig.txt file it just prompts me in the logs to create a new world.

Sorry I have to ask this question...

Have you even looked or searched how this works? This is a totally game specific question.

Yes you have to keep this, this is why the container is working. The container has to be fully automated even on startup because you can't enter anything at starup.

No you have to create a world with the name 'world' or 'world1' like it's named in your serverconfig.txt OR you can also create a world with another name and change the serverconfig.txt accordingly to the name of the world that you've created.

Just copy over the world without any files (the server config txt is created automatically on your local machine and is for your local machine - like the serverconfig.txt in my container this is specific!!!).

This is because what I've said above, everything has to be automated and loaded with the serverconfig.txt from the container (if you already deleted it in the container directory than just restart the container and it will download it again).

34 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry I have to ask this question...

Have you even looked or searched how this works? This is a totally game specific question.

Yes you have to keep this, this is why the container is working. The container has to be fully automated even on startup because you can't enter anything at starup.

No you have to create a world with the name 'world' or 'world1' like it's named in your serverconfig.txt OR you can also create a world with another name and change the serverconfig.txt accordingly to the name of the world that you've created.

Just copy over the world without any files (the server config txt is created automatically on your local machine and is for your local machine - like the serverconfig.txt in my container this is specific!!!).

This is because what I've said above, everything has to be automated and loaded with the serverconfig.txt from the container (if you already deleted it in the container directory than just restart the container and it will download it again).

I have, that's why i'm asking you a question. I thought you would know better since you've created these amazing containers. I found my solution however. Thanks for the help anyway. Have a good day

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Augmentum said:

I have, that's why i'm asking you a question. I thought you would know better since you've created these amazing containers. I found my solution however. Thanks for the help anyway. Have a good day

That was only a question. ;)

Would be nice if you share the solution, since these are only guessings or at least I think that must work this way because it wouldn be not logical otherwise.

Also I don't play Terraria (or most of the games, I try to keep them working and help if someone doesn't know how).

Hi Ich777,

First off, thanks for helping us gamers who want to serve on unraid. :) Your work on these dockers is very much appreciated! Bare with me as I'm pretty technical in the windows arena and with client and server hardware, but am quite a neophyte with unraid/linux in general.

Like many others who love the low low price of free, I installed Ark Survival on Epic as opposed to Steam because it's hard to say no to free (Steam, wanted $50 for it). I played it with a friend on a non-dedicated server and we decided to setup a dedicated server. Well that turned out to be quite a chore in windows and so I checked community apps for a docker and boom! I installed yours. I can see it under servers in Steam (under view | servers | LAN), but can't when running Ark Survival in Epic (chose unofficial servers and see password protected servers). I have the ports needed to run the dedicated server forwarded on my router for my unraid server, but I don't own the game on steam (I left the steam credentials blank when setting up the docker for the server). Do I need to own a client copy on steam in order to join my hosted server via your super helpful Ark Survival server docker container on unraid? Is there a way for me to host this game in your docker and see it with an Epic client install of Ark Survival? We can continue to play via an un-dedicated server in windows through Epic on Windows 10, but like the idea of a perpetual server running regardless if my gaming PC is on or not (plus Linux FTW!). I suppose I could create a Windows 10 VM and tinker with running a dedicated server that way on top of unraid, but like the low overhead and reliability of running it via docker if possible. Thanks again for your work on this thus far!

Thinking on this further, if steam only shows my docker server under LAN, does that mean the game isn't being seen outside of my network? I had the ports open on my Windows 10 gaming system and we managed to connect to one another remotely (we had hamachi off) and it worked fine that way through Epic via a non-dedicated server. I moved those port forwarding rules to my unraid server's IP to no avail.

-Neil

Edited by realdiel
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, realdiel said:

Hi Ich777,

First off, thanks for helping us gamers who want to serve on unraid. :) Your work on these dockers is very much appreciated! Bare with me as I'm pretty technical in the windows arena and with client and server hardware, but am quite a neophyte with unraid/linux in general.

Like many others who love the low low price of free, I installed Ark Survival on Epic as opposed to Steam because it's hard to say no to free (Steam, wanted $50 for it). I played it with a friend on a non-dedicated server and we decided to setup a dedicated server. Well that turned out to be quite a chore in windows and so I checked community apps for a docker and boom! I installed yours. I can see it under servers in Steam (under view | servers | LAN), but can't when running Ark Survival in Epic (chose unofficial servers and see password protected servers). I have the ports needed to run the dedicated server forwarded on my router for my unraid server, but I don't own the game on steam (I left the steam credentials blank when setting up the docker for the server). Do I need to own a client copy on steam in order to join my hosted server via your super helpful Ark Survival server docker container on unraid? Is there a way for me to host this game in your docker and see it with an Epic client install of Ark Survival? We can continue to play via an un-dedicated server in windows through Epic on Windows 10, but like the idea of a perpetual server running regardless if my gaming PC is on or not (plus Linux FTW!). I suppose I could create a Windows 10 VM and tinker with running a dedicated server that way on top of unraid, but like the low overhead and reliability of running it via docker if possible. Thanks again for your work on this thus far!

-Neil

Appreciated. :)

I have to look this up since I'm not familar with the Epic game store and how things work there.

Please give me some time since weekend is family time for me.

Write me a short private message and I respond back if I got a little bit of spare time. ;)

So I was trying to start an ark server last night and was having issues getting it to run on ports other than the default ones. Come to find out it's because the SERVER_NAME env variable gets inserted into the startup params for the server and if the SERVER_NAME contains a space it will break all server params passed after the SERVER_NAME declaration in the params (so in my case I was passing the Port and QueryPort in the Game Parameters which gets appended to the end of the params string which then gets ignored).

I don't think you can actually specify a server name with spaces on the server params. The correct way to set SessionName so it can have spaces is to do it within GameUserSettings.ini for the server. Can we get an update that instead places the SessionName into this file instead of using the launch options? That or make it so SessionName only gets applied to the server params if it is actually set and place a note in the Unraid template explaining that server name defined via ENV variables cannot contain spaces (I prefer the first option but honestly either one will get it so I can have spaces in my SessionName/Server Name).

And lastly.. Can we get a version of the ark server with arkmanager? I really like how easy arkmanager makes managing servers (such as handling mod installing/updates automatically for you).

Thanks for the great containers btw :)

On 6/7/2020 at 3:45 AM, ich777 said:

Please update the container, error is now resolved and all is working again. ;)

Hey man, thanks for looking at the PA container!

However, the issue now is it seems to be looking for a GPU when starting up. is there a way to fix that as well?

11 hours ago, Skylord123 said:

So I was trying to start an ark server last night and was having issues getting it to run on ports other than the default ones. Come to find out it's because the SERVER_NAME env variable gets inserted into the startup params for the server and if the SERVER_NAME contains a space it will break all server params passed after the SERVER_NAME declaration in the params (so in my case I was passing the Port and QueryPort in the Game Parameters which gets appended to the end of the params string which then gets ignored).

Yep thats why the description of ther SERVER_NAME says you can't pass a servername with a space through the variable, also it should be possible if you leave this field empty to specify your own in the GameUserSettings.ini

At least it was possible when I created the container, they updated the game and changed very much (never ending story with this game).

11 hours ago, Skylord123 said:

And lastly.. Can we get a version of the ark server with arkmanager? I really like how easy arkmanager makes managing servers (such as handling mod installing/updates automatically for you).

I don't know nothing about that, can you give me a little bit of insight? I always thought this was a windows server manager and not for linux...

8 hours ago, spacecops said:

However, the issue now is it seems to be looking for a GPU when starting up. is there a way to fix that as well?

You mean the error at startup? That's pretty normal since you're on a dedicated server and this should be a warning (I know it's printed in red but that's a Unraid log thing).

The container should just work fine, tested it if I can connect and it was fine (please let me know if it doesn't work for you). ;)

3 hours ago, BlackHornet said:

When I run the docker: ich777/steamcmd:scp-secretlaboratory for the first time I get an error in the logs. 

---Installing MultiAdmin---
wget: missing URL
Usage: wget [OPTION]... ...

Thank you for the Error Report! :)

Fixed the URL's and it should work now (haven't tested it yet since weekend is family time and I got only spare time to fix this and rebuild the container, will test it tomrorrow).

Please update the container in Unraid and it should hopefully work. ;)

Edited by ich777

Hey ich777, sorry to bother you but I am stupid and don't know where to find the config files for my SCP:SL server and I have tried everything like even trying to see if it uses the configtemplates but it don't. Don't know if you can help but if you can that would be very appreciated.

On 6/12/2020 at 10:56 AM, ich777 said:

All Terraria Containers are now fixed and should be working as usual. ;)

Thanks, however still not having it for me :(

Now it it's stuck on downloading worlds, looks like it pulled a complete .zip but then does nothing with it by the looks, extracting it manually and restarting container, just goes back to the same error as before.

new container from template;

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---

---Terraria not found, downloading!---
---Successfully downloaded Terraria---
---Prepare Server---
---No serverconfig.txt found, downloading...---
---No World found, downloading---

restarted;

Session terminated, killing shell...�'---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---

---Terraria Version up-to-date---

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Checking for old logs---
---Start Server---
Error Logging Enabled.

�[?1h�=�[6n�[H�[JTerraria Server v1.4.0.5

�[H�[J
Server crash: 6/14/2020 6:09:07 PM
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Terraria.Main.WriteFancyWorldLoadErrorToConsole () [0x00005] in <0ebea07e9a804a06a9f1dd17904b9c9c>:0
at Terraria.Main.DedServ () [0x00b21] in <0ebea07e9a804a06a9f1dd17904b9c9c>:0
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame (System.String[] args, System.Boolean monoArgs) [0x000ac] in <0ebea07e9a804a06a9f1dd17904b9c9c>:0

Please send crashlog.txt to [email protected]
Terminated

edit;

okay, so I just though it might be doing some magic is background and not outputting into logs, so I left it for like 15minutes and it generated 1.4.0.5 world as expected, hmmm I'll try a few more and see if it likes it.

Also, master mode? can I just set difficulty 2?

edit2;

Hmm... so it didn't work again, not sure why it worked before I guess.

edit3;

Okay, so looks like it downloads ideantical world, named world.wld server config specifies a world1.wld, renaming makes it work. but this doesn't generate new worlds.... it just uses whatever one it downloads. Commenting out world load so it creates one doesn't work either, get's stuck with below;

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Checking for old logs---
---Start Server---
Error Logging Enabled.

[?1h=[6nTerraria Server v1.4.0.5

1 world
n New World
d <number> Delete World

Copying a locally created world doesn't work either and spams the same errors as before object reference not set

Edited by Mizerka

Hey,

I tried to setup ARK game server and encountered the following error. Any pointers or hints?

Update state (0x301) stopping, progress: 0.00 (0 / 12824264928)
 Update state (0x301) stopping, progress: 0.00 (0 / 12824264928)
Error! App '376030' state is 0x602 after update job.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 71: ./ShooterGameServer: No such file or directory

Hello all,

First and foremost: Thank you for your time and work on this docker. My first ARK server has been working great.

Now, to the issue; I tried to make a second server, but it is not showing up in the server browser. I created a new container using the first server as template. It is still set to bridge. I chose a different folder for the Server files and kept the same steamCMD folder. I deleted all port fields and created new ones with the new ports for the server. 

Am I missing something? I know the new ark server was created and installed, by looking at the files in the appdata folder. Nothing shows up in ARK server browser.

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Atomic Bomb said:

Hey ich777, sorry to bother you but I am stupid and don't know where to find the config files for my SCP:SL server and I have tried everything like even trying to see if it uses the configtemplates but it don't. Don't know if you can help but if you can that would be very appreciated.

Thank you @ich777 for resolving the wget URL issue. I am able to start the SCP server now. One other issue @Atomic Bomb mentioned above, I have noticed is that the config files in appdata\scp-secretlaboratory\ConfigTemplates are only read once during docker creation, or recreation. If you reboot the server, any changes to these files are not read. The workaround is to edit the docker template, and once applied these files are read from. 

Is there a different location we should be editing the configs?

SteamCMD: /mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd

Container Path: /serverdata/steamcmd

ServerFiles: /mnt/cache/appdata/scp-secretlaboratory

Container Path: /serverdata/serverfiles

EDIT:

It looks like MultiAdmin pulls from the ConfigTemplates folder initially, but you need to edit scp_multiadmin.cfg to point to a specific config location. I then created \appdata\scp-secretlaboratory\Config and rebooted the container.

Edit the content of scp_multiadmin.cfg:

config_location: "Config"

How to configure MultiAdmin:

https://github.com/ServerMod/MultiAdmin

Now changes to the server config files take after a reboot! 

Edited by BlackHornet
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Mizerka said:

okay, so I just though it might be doing some magic is background and not outputting into logs, so I left it for like 15minutes and it generated 1.4.0.5 world as expected, hmmm I'll try a few more and see if it likes it.

Also, master mode? can I just set difficulty 2?

I think there must be something wrong with the download of the world.

Okay, so looks like it downloads ideantical world, named world.wld server config specifies a world1.wld, renaming makes it work. but this doesn't generate new worlds.... it just uses whatever one it downloads. Commenting out world load so it creates one doesn't work either, get's stuck with below;

Have you generated the world with the same name as in the serverconfig.txt? It has to be the same!

Copying a locally created world doesn't work either and spams the same errors as before object reference not set

That's likely because you've created the world with another name as in the serverconfig.txt and can't find it.

I have to look into it another day...

3 hours ago, datosh said:

Hey,

I tried to setup ARK game server and encountered the following error. Any pointers or hints?

This is simply because the game isn't downloaded and it can't find the executable.

Have you filled in the steam credentials in the template? If so, please delete them and restart the container.

54 minutes ago, chalas said:

Now, to the issue; I tried to make a second server, but it is not showing up in the server browser. I created a new container using the first server as template. It is still set to bridge. I chose a different folder for the Server files and kept the same steamCMD folder. I deleted all port fields and created new ones with the new ports for the server. 

Have you also changed the ports in the variables/configfiles to the corresponding variables of the newly created ones?