[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

50 minutes ago, BlackHornet said:

EDIT:

It looks like MultiAdmin pulls from the ConfigTemplates folder initially, but you need to edit scp_multiadmin.cfg to point to a specific config location. I then created \appdata\scp-secretlaboratory\Config and rebooted the container.

Edit the content of scp_multiadmin.cfg:

config_location: "Config"

How to configure MultiAdmin:

https://github.com/ServerMod/MultiAdmin

Now changes to the server config files take after a reboot! 

So it is now working I think?

@Atomic Bomb that's your solution I think. ;)

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think there must be something wrong with the download of the world.

Have you generated the world with the same name as in the serverconfig.txt? It has to be the same!

That's likely because you've created the world with another name as in the serverconfig.txt and can't find it.

I have to look into it another day...

World generation still isn't working in any way, it only downloads it once if path is missing.

World I tried with was different name originally (just renamed file to match serverconfig.txt), I'll give that a try.

1 minute ago, Mizerka said:

World generation still isn't working in any way, it only downloads it once if path is missing.

World I tried with was different name originally (just renamed file to match serverconfig.txt), I'll give that a try.

Yes because it's broken in the game itself when you specify it in the serverconfig.txt (and that's why i had to do it that way, otherwise I had to pull the container of the CA APP).

You must match the world to that name that is in the serverconfig.txt or you rename it in the serverconfig.txt.

Just now, ich777 said:

Yes because it's broken in the game itself when you specify it in the serverconfig.txt (and that's why i had to do it that way, otherwise I had to pull the container of the CA APP).

You must match the world to that name that is in the serverconfig.txt or you rename it in the serverconfig.txt.

Hmm, so they match otherwise as you said it'd complain about it missing, but still fails to starts, fwiw I'm generating local worlds on windows client. If I just copy it over it goes back to the same error as before, when run straight parameters from container instead of using -config x.txt I get that weird n world, d <number> delete world in log, left it for 30mins and nothing happened.

Just now, Mizerka said:

Hmm, so they match otherwise as you said it'd complain about it missing, but still fails to starts, fwiw I'm generating local worlds on windows client. If I just copy it over it goes back to the same error as before, when run straight parameters from container instead of using -config x.txt I get that weird n world, d <number> delete world in log, left it for 30mins and nothing happened.

It will nothing happen because you have to input something and because it's a container it wouldn't work.

You can also create it on OSX and it will work.

Create a world on your windows machine named 'world' and with your preferred options, then i recommend deleting the whole container including the created directory in appdata.

Then redownload the container from the CA App wait for it to fully startup, then stop it and delte the two files in your Worlds folder and replace it with the 'world.wld' file generated from your windows machine.

28 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It will nothing happen because you have to input something and because it's a container it wouldn't work.

You can also create it on OSX and it will work.

Create a world on your windows machine named 'world' and with your preferred options, then i recommend deleting the whole container including the created directory in appdata.

Then redownload the container from the CA App wait for it to fully startup, then stop it and delte the two files in your Worlds folder and replace it with the 'world.wld' file generated from your windows machine.

Okay, ye so that worked, didn't know actual world name during generation mattered. got  3 instances running side by side now without issues. If you get some time it'd be nice to sort that downloading delay though, world is 2mb, but takes it good 10mins before it proceeds to extract it

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mizerka said:

Okay, ye so that worked, didn't know actual world name during generation mattered. got  3 instances running side by side now without issues. If you get some time it'd be nice to sort that downloading delay though, world is 2mb, but takes it good 10mins before it proceeds to extract it

No problem here, clicked on download in the CA App and everything works fine within 30 seconds:

log.txt

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is simply because the game isn't downloaded and it can't find the executable.

Have you filled in the steam credentials in the template? If so, please delete them and restart the container.

Thanks for the quick answer!

No I have not put in my steam credentials. I think I have not put in any additional information, and just launched the template as is.

Also, I have changed nothing and I get a different error now

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
./ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libEOSSDK-Linux-Shipping.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This error is repeating several times after restarts...

I this actually expected behavior that the container is failing and restarting several times to download all the missing peaces or is something broken on my end?

2 minutes ago, datosh said:

Thanks for the quick answer!

No I have not put in my steam credentials. I think I have not put in any additional information, and just launched the template as is.

Also, I have changed nothing and I get a different error now

This error is repeating several times after restarts...

I this actually expected behavior that the container is failing and restarting several times to download all the missing peaces or is something broken on my end?

I think something isn't working while downloading the game.

Can you please remove the container completely (also the created directory in the appdata folder) and readownload it from the CA App.

The error repeats because I set the container to restart everytime it is failing or closed (because if you shutdown the server by accident in the game console you don't have to restart it manually from the Unraid Docker page).

19 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you also changed the ports in the variables/configfiles to the corresponding variables of the newly created ones?

The only thing I found was the RCON TCP port in the user settings in, I fixed it and it still doesn't show

5 minutes ago, chalas said:

The only thing I found was the RCON TCP port in the user settings in, I fixed it and it still doesn't show

Then it won't work since the game can't guess wich ports you have choosen to be forwarded. ;)

You have to physically enter the ports in the corresponding files or you enter it in the Game Params with the right format.

I think this should do the trick:

?Port=7780?QueryPort=7781

if you have the port set to 7780 and query to 7781

EDIT: LINK

Edited by ich777
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Can you please remove the container completely (also the created directory in the appdata folder) and readownload it from the CA App.

That seem to have fixed it! 

Now I observe one other quirk. When I set the password in `ark-se\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxServer\GameUserSettings.ini` the server ignores the password and resets it to blank. 

The file itself seems to be read, since it actually sets the server name as specified...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, datosh said:

That seem to have fixed it! 

Now I observe one other quirk. When I set the password in `ark-se\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxServer\GameUserSettings.ini` the server ignores the password and resets it to blank. 

The file itself seems to be read, since it actually sets the server name as specified...

I recommend to set the Servername and Password in the variables from the container.

That should work.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Then it won't work since the game can't guess wich ports you have choosen to be forwarded. ;)

You have to physically enter the ports in the corresponding files or you enter it in the Game Params with the right format.

I think this should do the trick:

?Port=7780?QueryPort=7781

if you have the port set to 7780 and query to 7781

EDIT: LINK

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Thank you.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Smackover said:

Is anyone still using the Insurgency Sandstorm docker? I used to work great and now it seems like the server never accepts any connections.

I will take a look at it when I'm home from work.

EDIT: I now downloaded the container and tested if I can connect and see it and this works just fine (since I'm not owning the game I can't test if I can connect to the server).

grafik.thumb.png.1c96c5c484d150609036dc9a4ef60c19.png

Edited by ich777

So based on your screenshot I manually connected via IP from withing Insurgency and also included the port. I was able to successfully connect. Previously I didn't need to include the port. I also noted that the server isn't showing up in the community server browser as it was before. Pretty sure my port forwarding is correct, as it hasn't changed. I'll have to dig into it some more.

EDIT: I'm a moron. My Steam GSLT was expired... Thanks for the help and the great dockers!

Edited by Smackover
  • Like 1
  On 6/13/2020 at 7:25 PM, Skylord123 said:

And lastly.. Can we get a version of the ark server with arkmanager? I really like how easy arkmanager makes managing servers (such as handling mod installing/updates automatically for you).

I don't know nothing about that, can you give me a little bit of insight? I always thought this was a windows server manager and not for linux...

I believe he is referring to this Linux ark server manager. FezVrasta's ark server tools. https://github.com/FezVrasta/ark-server-tools

• Thanks 1
On 6/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, AinsWorth said:

I just joined ich777s steam group waiting for a response. I will probably gift the game if it's not owned already.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I see there's still no Empyrion dedicated server available as an app for Unraid. Is it possible to create one?

Edited by thenoots
34 minutes ago, thenoots said:

I see there's still no Empyrion dedicated server available as an app for Unraid. Is it possible to create one?

Sadly not.

I think they haven't released the dedicated server for linux yet (I tried it through WINE but I don't remember if it was horrible or if it was simply not possible but I think it was the last).

Look at this thread: Click

On 6/13/2020 at 6:05 PM, realdiel said:

Hi Ich777,

First off, thanks for helping us gamers who want to serve on unraid. :) Your work on these dockers is very much appreciated! Bare with me as I'm pretty technical in the windows arena and with client and server hardware, but am quite a neophyte with unraid/linux in general.

Like many others who love the low low price of free, I installed Ark Survival on Epic as opposed to Steam because it's hard to say no to free (Steam, wanted $50 for it). I played it with a friend on a non-dedicated server and we decided to setup a dedicated server. Well that turned out to be quite a chore in windows and so I checked community apps for a docker and boom! I installed yours. I can see it under servers in Steam (under view | servers | LAN), but can't when running Ark Survival in Epic (chose unofficial servers and see password protected servers). I have the ports needed to run the dedicated server forwarded on my router for my unraid server, but I don't own the game on steam (I left the steam credentials blank when setting up the docker for the server). Do I need to own a client copy on steam in order to join my hosted server via your super helpful Ark Survival server docker container on unraid? Is there a way for me to host this game in your docker and see it with an Epic client install of Ark Survival? We can continue to play via an un-dedicated server in windows through Epic on Windows 10, but like the idea of a perpetual server running regardless if my gaming PC is on or not (plus Linux FTW!). I suppose I could create a Windows 10 VM and tinker with running a dedicated server that way on top of unraid, but like the low overhead and reliability of running it via docker if possible. Thanks again for your work on this thus far!

Thinking on this further, if steam only shows my docker server under LAN, does that mean the game isn't being seen outside of my network? I had the ports open on my Windows 10 gaming system and we managed to connect to one another remotely (we had hamachi off) and it worked fine that way through Epic via a non-dedicated server. I moved those port forwarding rules to my unraid server's IP to no avail.

-Neil

Hi,

if you still have that problem, adding -crossplay to "Extra Game Parameters" solved it for me.

I also left the steam credentials blank.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, m0bb said:

Hi,

if you still have that problem, adding -crossplay to "Extra Game Parameters" solved it for me.

I also left the steam credentials blank.

Yes we already solved the "problem".

Anyways thank you for your answer, appreciated... ;)

Edited by ich777