[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 6/11/2020 at 9:13 PM, ich777 said:

I've now tried this, but without any luck, I find so many different informations about how to start the mod.

Is there not a real tutorial on how to do this?

Eventually it's because this is the basic dedicated server from id software itself and not ioquake?

Sorry my Quake times are long over... :D

If you can hook me up with some kind of tutorial or something i really would appriciate that ;)

Apologies for the VERY slow reply, working from home so by the end of the day I'm tired and not been on PC much lately to worry about the quake server.

Thanks for looking into that for me, I did have some playing around with it after coming across this website: http://www.3dgw.com/guides/q3a/index.php3?page=configs.htm

What I want to do is I guess quite a niche set up, instagib server with rail jump and being able to configure rail shooting speed but it's such an old game type I'm not sure files are even out there to be able to do so perhaps.

Thanks,

Myles

10 hours ago, DovahDovolom said:

Here is a game suggestion: Neos VR 

I know nothing about making dockers but here is their wiki on installing their server version through steamCMD: http://wiki.neosvr.com/subdom/wiki/index.php?title=Headless_Client/Server

I will look into this but can take some time, my time is very limited at the moment.

10 hours ago, Myleslewis said:

Apologies for the VERY slow reply, working from home so by the end of the day I'm tired and not been on PC much lately to worry about the quake server.

Thanks for looking into that for me, I did have some playing around with it after coming across this website: http://www.3dgw.com/guides/q3a/index.php3?page=configs.htm

What I want to do is I guess quite a niche set up, instagib server with rail jump and being able to configure rail shooting speed but it's such an old game type I'm not sure files are even out there to be able to do so perhaps.

Thanks,

Myles

The 'problem' with Quake III Server is that not much documentation is out there and also a few mod executables fly around or the documentation is now outdated.

I even don't know if it is possible with my server but I think so, since I'm not really familar with Quake III Server it's hard for me to get it working.

I've invested 2 hours to try and get it to run with the mod but without any luck (no documentation and also different not very well documented releasenotes are the main problem)...

3 hours ago, jpowell8672 said:

Can you make a Miscreated game server docker?

I've already tried it with WINE but performance was horrible and also it crashed very often most of the times at startup.

The problem with dedicated servers is when there is not native Linux version of the dedicated server it is very complicated to get it to run for example DayZ or Space Enigeneers, these games where designed without Linux in mind and they need so much native Windows librarys that the games simply won't run with WINE.

4 minutes ago, althe3rd said:

I was wondering how much work and how long it takes to update the Minecraft Bedrock server container after a large update to minecraft bedrock like the one it just got. Anything I can do to help with that? I appreciate how much work goes into those things.

https://hub.docker.com/r/ich777/minecraftbedrockserver/

Thanks!

I think you don't read the instructions or better speaking the description of the container how to update.

Simply restart the container and it will install the latest version.

My server is already running the latest version 1.16.0.2

grafik.png.fb49f4ce80e2723fcf0012778ffc2a94.png

11 hours ago, althe3rd said:

You are right, I was just confused. I kept seeing the older version in my console. I was able to force unraid to redownload the image and now all is fine. Thanks!

No, you don't have to force unraid to redownload the image, i take a different approach, most of my containers download or update the app or gameserver on the start or restart of the container.

Next time you have only to click on the container and restart it, then it will install the latest update if there is any.

EDIT: I manly did this because if something big changes or the dev haven't got time to update the container, that the container game/application can update itself and everything works as expected, only a restart of the container is required.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:28 PM, DovahDovolom said:

Here is a game suggestion: Neos VR 

I know nothing about making dockers but here is their wiki on installing their server version through steamCMD: http://wiki.neosvr.com/subdom/wiki/index.php?title=Headless_Client/Server

I think this might be a little too complicated, I've looked into this and you have to enter a beta key to actually get the client and or the server version, since I don't have such a key I can't create a server.

Apologies for asking but is there an "idiots guide" to hosting a game server on an unRaid system?

More specifically I am wanting to host a server for 7 Days To Die but I know literally nothing about game servers and how they work!

I've installed the SteamCMD for 7DtD but have no idea how to actually use it - I did the install, having disabled Steam Guard as instructed (putting my Steam name and password in the required fields!) and it appears to have installed OK - although there is a warning that the first install would take ages but mine seems to have finished almost immediately? (I'm sure I've done something wrong already!)

How do I go about setting up the game parameters and giving it a name and password so me and my friends can join it? (and again, I'm sorry for not knowing anything at this point!)

Thanks for any help to make me not quite so dim!

3 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Apologies for asking but is there an "idiots guide" to hosting a game server on an unRaid system?

More specifically I am wanting to host a server for 7 Days To Die but I know literally nothing about game servers and how they work!

I've installed the SteamCMD for 7DtD but have no idea how to actually use it - I did the install, having disabled Steam Guard as instructed (putting my Steam name and password in the required fields!) and it appears to have installed OK - although there is a warning that the first install would take ages but mine seems to have finished almost immediately? (I'm sure I've done something wrong already!)

How do I go about setting up the game parameters and giving it a name and password so me and my friends can join it? (and again, I'm sorry for not knowing anything at this point!)

Thanks for any help to make me not quite so dim!

Please don't disable steam guard on your main account, you risk to loose youre account!!!!

Steam recommends to create a dedicated account for gameservers.

Also.

Please note that you only have to input your steam credentials if the are marked as required and I think you don't need it for 7DtD, just leave it empty.

Try to delete the whole container and also the created directory in your appdata folder and redownload it from the CA App.

Also if you then got any problems please include the log.

But I think the main problem is that you've entered steam credentials.

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please don't disable steam guard on your main account, you risk to loose youre account!!!!

Steam recommends to create a dedicated account for gameservers.

Also.

Please note that you only have to input your steam credentials if the are marked as required and I think you don't need it for 7DtD, just leave it empty.

Try to delete the whole container and also the created directory in your appdata folder and redownload it from the CA App.

Also if you then got any problems please include the log.

But I think the main problem is that you've entered steam credentials.

Thanks for the tip!

I've created another Steam account, removed the container and deleted the steamcmd folder from in my appdata folder (via Krusader - I presume this is the right way to do it?)

So when I reinstall the 7DtD steamcmd for the CA App, do I need to change any of the pre-applied settings? (specifically if I'm leaving the username and password blank, where do I need to put the new Steam account info in?)

And moreover, what happens then? I mean how do I actually "create" the game server?

Thanks for any help - I love the unRaid system but it's almost criminal how much I really have no idea what I'm doing!

*edit*

while I at it, what sort of specs would I need in my server to host a game like this? Mine is an "Intel Xeon E31260L" with "16GiB DDR3 Single-bit ECC RAM" - is this even sufficient for hosting a game?

Edited by stevep94
24 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Thanks for the tip!

I've created another Steam account, removed the container and deleted the steamcmd folder from in my appdata folder (via Krusader - I presume this is the right way to do it?)

So when I reinstall the 7DtD steamcmd for the CA App, do I need to change any of the pre-applied settings? (specifically if I'm leaving the username and password blank, where do I need to put the new Steam account info in?)

And moreover, what happens then? I mean how do I actually "create" the game server?

Thanks for any help - I love the unRaid system but it's almost criminal how much I really have no idea what I'm doing!

You don't have to create an account for this game I think, as I said, only when it's marked as required you have to fill in the credentials.

My container was initially designed only for a few games where you needed an account but for this game not.

The container is also designed so that if you download it from the CA App and click on apply it will do everything for you without any input.

You can simply browse into your appdata directory with smb if you shared it on the shares page (I did that with the hide option) and delete it from there, in my opinion the simplest way.

These are the steps:

Go into the CA App

Choose the app and click on download

(Enter the steam credentianls if mentioned in the description of the container - otherwise leave the fields empty or the download will fail)

Click on apply

Then the container will download the container (only the basic dependencies) after that it will start the download of steamcmd and after that the container will download the gameserver and then it will start the gameserver.

Edit: Always keep an eye on the logs of the container there you see the status, sometimes it takes some time that it outputs something especially if the download is runing (but you will see that it needs a bit of cpu power on the docker page)

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

These are the steps:

Go into the CA App

Choose the app and click on download

(Enter the steam credentianls if mentioned in the description of the container - otherwise leave the fields empty or the download will fail)

Click on apply

Then the container will download the container (only the basic dependencies) after that it will start the download of steamcmd and after that the container will download the gameserver and then it will start the gameserver.

Edit: Always keep an eye on the logs of the container there you see the status, sometimes it takes some time that it outputs something especially if the download is runing (but you will see that it needs a bit of cpu power on the docker page)

OK, removed the 1st installation and the folder in my appdata folder - clicked to re-download the container and it seemed to work fine - how do I check on the progress of steamcmd and the gameserver?

Also, I can pull up the log but have literally zero idea of that it is I'm looking for?

Assuming this all works, what are the next steps to configure the game server and, I presume browse to it from within the game? (ideally with a password!)

Edited by stevep94
5 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

OK, removed the 1st installation and the folder in my appdata folder - clicked to re-download the container and it seemed to work fine - how do I check on the progress of steamcmd and the gameserver?

Also, I can pull up the log but have literally zero idea of that it is I'm looking for?

Assuming this all works, what are the next steps to configure the game server and, I presume browse to it from within the game?

What does the log say (you know how to open it? Click on the text on the most right of the container or the noteblock on the most right side of the container, depending what view you've enabled).

I can't tell you how to configure the game since I don't own the game itself but you can search for it in gamepedia or the site of your preference it's the same as a standard linux dedicated server except that everything is in the created appdata directory.

Edit: you also have to port forward everything yourself.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What does the log say (you know how to open it? Click on the text on the most right of the container or the noteblock on the most right side of the container, depending what view you've enabled).

I can't tell you how to configure the game since I don't own the game itself but you can search for it in gamepedia or the site of your preference it's the same as a standard linux dedicated server except that everything is in the created appdata directory.

Edit: you also have to port forward everything yourself.

Not sure if this is what you need but the log says this:

2020-06-27T20:54:48 0.377 INF Not running in Big Picture Mode, no on-screen keyboard available
2020-06-27T20:54:48 0.378 INF Starting PlayerInputManager...
2020-06-27T20:54:48 0.401 INF InControl (version 1.6.17 build 9143, native module = False, XInput = False)
2020-06-27T20:54:49 0.533 INF Starting UserProfileManager...
2020-06-27T20:54:49 0.586 INF Occlusion: Awake
2020-06-27T20:54:49 0.589 INF Texture quality is set to 3
2020-06-27T20:54:49 0.653 INF [MODS] No mods folder found
2020-06-27T20:54:49 0.664 INF Loading permissions file at '/serverdata/serverfiles/Saves/serveradmin.xml'
2020-06-27T20:54:49 0.684 INF Loading permissions file done.
2020-06-27T20:54:49 1.126 INF UMA Overlay loading took 268 ms
2020-06-27T20:54:49 1.129 INF UMA Slot loading took 2 ms
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'ShadowCaster' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - All passes removed
2020-06-27T20:54:50 1.552 INF WorldStaticData.Init() needed 0.418s
2020-06-27T20:54:50 1.562 INF Started Telnet on 8081
2020-06-27T20:54:50 1.562 INF Awake done in 1482 ms
2020-06-27T20:54:50 1.597 INF NET: Starting server protocols
2020-06-27T20:54:50 1.598 INF [NET] Disabling protocol: SteamNetworking
Fallback handler could not load library /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Mono/libKernel32
Fallback handler could not load library /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Mono/libKernel32.so
Fallback handler could not load library /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Mono/Kernel32
Fallback handler could not load library /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Mono/libKernel32
Fallback handler could not load library /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Mono/libKernel32.so
2020-06-27T20:54:50 1.643 INF NET: LiteNetLib server started
2020-06-27T20:54:50 1.648 INF StartGame
2020-06-27T20:54:50 1.896 INF Persistent GamePrefs saved
GamePref.AdminFileName = serveradmin.xml
GamePref.AirDropFrequency = 72
GamePref.AirDropMarker = False
GamePref.AutopilotMode = 0
GamePref.BedrollDeadZoneSize = 15
GamePref.BedrollExpiryTime = 45
GamePref.BlockDamageAI = 100
GamePref.BlockDamageAIBM = 100
GamePref.BlockDamagePlayer = 100
GamePref.BloodMoonEnemyCount = 8
GamePref.BloodMoonFrequency = 7
GamePref.BloodMoonRange = 0
GamePref.BloodMoonWarning = 8
GamePref.BuildCreate = False
GamePref.ConnectToServerIP = 127.0.0.1
GamePref.ConnectToServerPort = 26900
GamePref.ControlPanelEnabled = False
GamePref.ControlPanelPort = 8080
GamePref.CraftTimer =
GamePref.CreateLevelDim = 8
GamePref.CreateLevelName = My Level
GamePref.CreativeMenuEnabled = False
GamePref.DayCount = 3
GamePref.DayLightLength = 18
GamePref.DayNightLength = 60
GamePref.DebugMenuEnabled = False
GamePref.DebugMenuShowTasks = False
GamePref.DebugStopEnemiesMoving = False
GamePref.DropOnDeath = 1
GamePref.DropOnQuit = 0
GamePref.DynamicSpawner =
GamePref.EACEnabled = True
GamePref.EnemyDifficulty = 0
GamePref.EnemySpawnMode = True
GamePref.FavoriteServersList =
GamePref.FragLimit = 20
GamePref.GameDifficulty = 2
GamePref.GameGuidClient =
GamePref.GameMode = GameModeSurvival
GamePref.GameName = My Game
GamePref.GameNameClient = My Game
GamePref.GameVersion = Alpha 18.4
GamePref.GameWorld = Navezgane
GamePref.HideCommandExecutionLog = 0
GamePref.JoiningOptions = True
GamePref.LandClaimCount = 1
GamePref.LandClaimDeadZone = 30
GamePref.LandClaimDecayMode = 0
GamePref.LandClaimExpiryTime = 7
GamePref.LandClaimOfflineDelay = 0
GamePref.LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier = 4
GamePref.LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier = 4
GamePref.LandClaimSize = 41
GamePref.LastGameResetRevision = 0
GamePref.LastLoadedPrefab =
GamePref.LastLoadedPrefabSize =
GamePref.LootAbundance = 100
GamePref.LootRespawnDays = 30
GamePref.LootTimer =
GamePref.MatchLength = 10
GamePref.MaxSpawnedAnimals = 50
GamePref.MaxSpawnedZombies = 64
GamePref.MaxUncoveredMapChunksPerPlayer = 131072
GamePref.NoGraphicsMode = True
GamePref.OptionsAA = 1
GamePref.OptionsAllowController = True
GamePref.OptionsAmbientVolumeLevel = 1
GamePref.OptionsAudioOcclusion = False
GamePref.OptionsBackgroundGlobalOpacity = 0.75
GamePref.OptionsControllerVibration = True
GamePref.OptionsDeferredLighting = True
GamePref.OptionsDisableChunkLODs = False
GamePref.OptionsDynamicMusicDailyTime = 0.3
GamePref.OptionsDynamicMusicEnabled = False
GamePref.OptionsFieldOfView = 65
GamePref.OptionsFieldOfViewNew = 65
GamePref.OptionsForegroundGlobalOpacity = 1
GamePref.OptionsGamma = 0.375
GamePref.OptionsGfxBloom = True
GamePref.OptionsGfxDOF = False
GamePref.OptionsGfxMotionBlur = 1
GamePref.OptionsGfxOcclusion = True
GamePref.OptionsGfxSSAO = True
GamePref.OptionsGfxSSReflections = 1
GamePref.OptionsGfxSunShafts = True
GamePref.OptionsGraphicsQuality = 2
GamePref.OptionsGrassDistance = 1
GamePref.OptionsHudOpacity = 1
GamePref.OptionsHudSize = 2
GamePref.OptionsInterfaceSensitivity = 0.75
GamePref.OptionsInvertMouse = False
GamePref.OptionsJournalPopup = True
GamePref.OptionsLODDistance = 0.5
GamePref.OptionsMenuMusicVolumeLevel = 0.7
GamePref.OptionsMicVolumeLevel = 0.75
GamePref.OptionsMouseSensitivity = 0.5
GamePref.OptionsMusicVolumeLevel = 0.2
GamePref.OptionsObjectQuality = 3
GamePref.OptionsOverallAudioVolumeLevel = 1
GamePref.OptionsPlayChanceFrequency = 3
GamePref.OptionsPlayChanceProbability = 0.983
GamePref.OptionsPlayerModel = playerMale
GamePref.OptionsPlayerModelTexture = Player/Male/Player_male
GamePref.OptionsPOICulling = 1
GamePref.OptionsReflectedShadows = False
GamePref.OptionsReflectionBounces = 0
GamePref.OptionsReflectionCullList = Default
GamePref.OptionsReflectionFarClip = 3000
GamePref.OptionsReflectionQuality = 1
GamePref.OptionsReflectionRefreshMode = ViaScripting
GamePref.OptionsReflectionRefreshRate = 0
GamePref.OptionsReflectionShadowDistance = 60
GamePref.OptionsReflectionTimeSlicingMode = IndividualFaces
GamePref.OptionsResolution = 0
GamePref.OptionsScreenBoundsValue = 1
GamePref.OptionsShadowDistance = 1
GamePref.OptionsShowCompass = True
GamePref.OptionsShowCrosshair = True
GamePref.OptionsStabSpawnBlocksOnGround = True
GamePref.OptionsStreamingMipmapsBudget = 4096
GamePref.OptionsStreamingMipmapsEnabled = True
GamePref.OptionsTempCelsius = False
GamePref.OptionsTerrainQuality = 3
GamePref.OptionsTextureFilter = 1
GamePref.OptionsTextureQuality = 1
GamePref.OptionsTreeDistance = 4
GamePref.OptionsUMATextureQuality = 1
GamePref.OptionsViewDistance = 6
GamePref.OptionsVoiceChatEnabled = True
GamePref.OptionsVoiceVolumeLevel = 0.75
GamePref.OptionsVsync = 1
GamePref.OptionsWaterParticleLimiter = 0.5
GamePref.OptionsWaterQuality = 1
GamePref.OptionsZoomMouseSensitivity = 0.5
GamePref.PartySharedKillRange = 100
GamePref.PersistentPlayerProfiles = False
GamePref.PlayerAutologin = False
GamePref.PlayerId =
GamePref.PlayerKillingMode = 3
GamePref.PlayerName = Player
GamePref.PlayerSafeZoneHours = 5
GamePref.PlayerSafeZoneLevel = 5
GamePref.PlayerToken =
GamePref.RebuildMap = False
GamePref.SaveGameFolder = /serverdata/serverfiles/Saves
GamePref.SelectionContextMode = 0
GamePref.SelectionOperationMode = 0
GamePref.ServerAdminSlots = 0
GamePref.ServerAdminSlotsPermission = 0
GamePref.ServerDescription = A 7 Days to Die server
GamePref.ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols = SteamNetworking
GamePref.ServerIP =
GamePref.ServerIsPublic = True
GamePref.ServerLoginConfirmationText =
GamePref.ServerMaxAllowedViewDistance = 12
GamePref.ServerMaxPlayerCount = 8
GamePref.ServerMaxWorldTransferSpeedKiBs = 512
GamePref.ServerName = My Game Host
GamePref.ServerPort = 26900
GamePref.ServerReservedSlots = 0
GamePref.ServerReservedSlotsPermission = 100
GamePref.ServerVisibility = 2
GamePref.ServerWebsiteURL =
GamePref.ShowFriendPlayerOnMap = True
GamePref.TelnetEnabled = True
GamePref.TelnetFailedLoginLimit = 10
GamePref.TelnetFailedLoginsBlocktime = 10
GamePref.TelnetPort = 8081
GamePref.TerminalWindowEnabled = True
GamePref.UNUSED_OptionsBloom =
GamePref.UNUSED_OptionsDOF =
GamePref.UNUSED_OptionsImageEffects =
GamePref.UNUSED_OptionsMotionBlur =
GamePref.UNUSED_OptionsObjectBlur =
GamePref.UNUSED_OptionsSSAO =
GamePref.UNUSED_OptionsSunShafts =
GamePref.UserDataFolder = /serverdata/serverfiles/User
GamePref.WorldGenSeed = asdf
GamePref.WorldGenSize = 4096
GamePref.XPMultiplier = 100
GamePref.ZombieBMMove = 3
GamePref.ZombieFeralMove = 3
GamePref.ZombieMove = 0
GamePref.ZombieMoveNight = 3
GamePref.ZombiePlayers = True
GameStat.AirDropFrequency = 0
GameStat.AirDropMarker = False
GameStat.AllowedViewDistance = 12
GameStat.AnimalCount = 0
GameStat.AutoParty = False
GameStat.BedrollExpiryTime = 45
GameStat.BlockDamagePlayer = 100
GameStat.BloodMoonDay = 0
GameStat.BloodMoonEnemyCount = 8
GameStat.BloodMoonWarning = 8
GameStat.ChunkStabilityEnabled = True
GameStat.CraftTimer =
GameStat.CurrentRoundIx = 0
GameStat.DayLightLength = 18
GameStat.DayLimitActive = False
GameStat.DayLimitThisRound = 0
GameStat.DropOnDeath = 1
GameStat.DropOnQuit = 0
GameStat.EnemyCount = 0
GameStat.EnemyDifficulty = Normal
GameStat.EnemySpawnMode = True
GameStat.FragLimitActive = False
GameStat.FragLimitThisRound = 0
GameStat.GameDifficulty = 2
GameStat.GameDifficultyBonus = 1
GameStat.GameModeId = 0
GameStat.GameState = 0
GameStat.GlobalMessageToShow =
GameStat.IsCreativeMenuEnabled = False
GameStat.IsFlyingEnabled = False
GameStat.IsPlayerCollisionEnabled = True
GameStat.IsPlayerDamageEnabled = True
GameStat.IsResetMapOnRestart = False
GameStat.IsSaveSupplyCrates = True
GameStat.IsSpawnEnemies = True
GameStat.IsSpawnNearOtherPlayer = False
GameStat.IsTeleportEnabled = False
GameStat.IsVersionCheckDone = False
GameStat.LandClaimCount = 1
GameStat.LandClaimDeadZone = 30
GameStat.LandClaimDecayMode = 0
GameStat.LandClaimExpiryTime = 3
GameStat.LandClaimOfflineDelay = 0
GameStat.LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier = 32
GameStat.LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier = 32
GameStat.LandClaimSize = 41
GameStat.LoadScene =
GameStat.LootTimer =
GameStat.OptionsPOICulling = 0
GameStat.PartySharedKillRange = 100
GameStat.PlayerKillingMode = KillStrangersOnly
GameStat.ScoreDiedMultiplier = -5
GameStat.ScorePlayerKillMultiplier = 1
GameStat.ScoreZombieKillMultiplier = 1
GameStat.ShowAllPlayersOnMap = False
GameStat.ShowFriendPlayerOnMap = True
GameStat.ShowSpawnWindow = False
GameStat.ShowWindow =
GameStat.ShowZombieCounter = False
GameStat.TimeLimitActive = False
GameStat.TimeLimitThisRound = 0
GameStat.TimeOfDayIncPerSec = 20
GameStat.XPMultiplier = 100
GameStat.ZombieHordeMeter = False
2020-06-27T20:54:50 1.996 INF StartAsServer
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'ShadowCaster' has no vertex shader
2020-06-27T20:54:57 8.559 INF Block IDs with mapping
2020-06-27T20:54:57 8.560 INF BlockIDs from Mapping
2020-06-27T20:55:00 11.810 INF Item IDs with mapping
2020-06-27T20:55:00 11.810 INF ItemIDs from Mapping
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Setting to default shader.
HDR Render Texture not supported, disabling HDR on reflection probe.

(Filename: ./Runtime/Camera/ReflectionProbes.cpp Line: 269)

2020-06-27T20:55:14 25.762 INF createWorld: Navezgane, My Game, GameModeSurvival
2020-06-27T20:55:14 25.763 INF Occlusion: Disabled
2020-06-27T20:55:14 25.821 INF Started thread ChunkRegeneration
2020-06-27T20:55:14 25.821 INF Started thread ChunkCalc
2020-06-27T20:55:14 25.927 INF World.Load: Navezgane
2020-06-27T20:55:14 25.950 INF BloodMoon SetDay: day 7, last day 0, freq 7, range 0
2020-06-27T20:55:18 30.332 INF Started thread GenerateChunks
2020-06-27T20:55:19 30.732 INF Loading dtm raw file took 349ms
2020-06-27T20:55:19 30.920 INF Biomes image size w= 3072, h = 3072
2020-06-27T20:55:19 31.167 INF Loading and creating biomes took 435ms
2020-06-27T20:55:21 33.138 INF Loading and creating shader control textures took 1970ms
2020-06-27T20:55:22 33.867 INF Loading and parsing of generator took 728ms
2020-06-27T20:55:22 33.920 INF Started thread SaveChunks /serverdata/serverfiles/Saves/Navezgane/My Game/Region
2020-06-27T20:55:24 35.521 INF [DECO] read 0/0
2020-06-27T20:55:24 36.007 INF AstarManager Init
2020-06-27T20:55:25 36.744 INF Weather Packages Created FROM BIOMES
2020-06-27T20:55:25 36.744 INF createWorld() done
2020-06-27T20:55:25 36.745 INF Calculating world hashes
2020-06-27T20:55:25 36.748 INF Loading players.xml
2020-06-27T20:55:25 36.838 INF Loaded player
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.053 INF [EAC] Starting EAC server
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.071 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [SetLogCallback] Procedure: 0x410f1ca0 LogLevel: Verb.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.071 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Initialize] ServerName: '7 Days To Die' RegisterTimeout: 60.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.072 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Cerberus] [RegisterEvent] EventID: 1h EventName: 'game_round_start' Parameters: { map_name (string) }.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.072 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Cerberus] [RegisterEvent] EventID: 2h EventName: 'game_round_end' Parameters: { winning_team_id (uint32) }.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.072 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Cerberus] [RegisterEvent] EventID: 3h EventName: 'player_spawn' Parameters: { player (client), team_id (uint32), character_id (uint32) }.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.072 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Cerberus] [RegisterEvent] EventID: 4h EventName: 'player_despawn' Parameters: { player (client), player_death (uint32), player_killer (client) }.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.072 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Cerberus] [RegisterEvent] EventID: 5h EventName: 'player_revive' Parameters: { player_revived (client), player_reviving (client) }.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.072 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Cerberus] [RegisterEvent] EventID: 6h EventName: 'player_tick' Parameters: { player (client), player_position (vec3f), player_viewrotation (quat), player_health (uint32), player_tickflags (uint32) }.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.072 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Cerberus] [RegisterEvent] EventID: 7h EventName: 'player_useweapon' Parameters: { player (client), player_position (vec3f), player_viewrotation (quat), player_fov (uint32), weapon_id (uint32), melee_attack (uint32) }.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.072 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Cerberus] [RegisterEvent] EventID: 8h EventName: 'player_takedamage' Parameters: { player_victim (client), player_victim_position (vec3f), player_victim_viewrotation (quat), player_attacker (client), player_attacker_position (vec3f), player_attacker_viewrotation (quat), player_attacker_fov (uint32), weapon_id (uint32), hitbone_id (uint32), damage_taken (uint32), damage_flags (uint32) }.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.072 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Cerberus] [RegisterEvent] EventID: 9h EventName: 'player_downed' Parameters: { player_victim (client), player_attacker (client) }.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.072 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Cerberus] [RegisterEvent] EventID: Ah EventName: 'player_death' Parameters: { victim (client), victim_shots_fired (uint64), victim_shots_landed (uint64), attacker (client), attacker_shots_fired (uint64), attacker_shots_landed (uint64) }.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.072 INF [EAC] Log: [EAC Server] [Info] [Cerberus] [RegisterEvent] EventID: Bh EventName: 'game_round_start_v2' Parameters: { map_name (string), mode_name (string), round_time_seconds (uint32), start_frame_number (uint64), start_delta_seconds (uint32) }.
2020-06-27T20:55:25 37.175 INF StartGame done
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 251570
2020-06-27T20:55:26 37.627 INF [Steamworks.NET] GameServer.Init successful
2020-06-27T20:55:26 37.633 INF [Steamworks.NET] Making server public
2020-06-27T20:55:26 38.333 INF [Steamworks.NET] GameServer.LogOn successful, SteamID=90136624704875526, public IP=147.147.140.176
2020-06-27T20:55:31 43.020 INF Calculating hashes took 6275 ms (world size 683 MiB)

As far as the rest of your message goes it's a bit beyond me I'm afraid!

I can see a file called "serverconfig.xml" in the "7dtd" folder which looks like it has the various game parameters in it - do I just edit these myself and save the changes? (ie. put my own game name in and a password to enter?)

And I'm afraid port forwarding is also a bit beyond me! 🤥 (bet you are glad you stopped by to help aren't you! 😉)

14 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

As far as the rest of your message goes it's a bit beyond me I'm afraid!

Thats actually the output of the game itself. ;)

You can see that everything is fine by the last ~3 lines.

do I just edit these myself and save the changes? (ie. put my own game name in and a password to enter?)

Exactly, you have to look up gamepedia or some kind of forum to know what that all is.

Search for 7dtd dedicated linux server configuration (don't forget to include dedicated server).

And I'm afraid port forwarding is also a bit beyond me! 🤥 (bet you are glad you stopped by to help aren't you! 😉)

Yes but there I really can't help, there are some good tutorials out there how to do that also on youtube there are much tutorials (eventually setup duckdns from @linuxserver.io also youtube tutorials out there how to do that).

It's not that complicated and the ports you have to forward are in the template including the protocol. It's all not that difficult. ;)

Yes, its already late here and have to go to sleep now, my son is getting up early in the morning... :P

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Yes, its already late here and have to go to sleep now, my son is getting up early in the morning... :P

Can't thank you enough - I'll do some reading up and try and fill in some of the blanks!

Enjoy your night's sleep - you've earned it!

• Thanks 1

Hi, I had the two dedicated don't starve together servers running on my one unit thanks to your suggestion on how to do it. But unfortunately on my longer running world it no longer starts up anymore. The log shows this 

[00:00:03]: Passworded: true
[00:00:03]:
==> /serverdata/serverfiles/cavesLog.0 <==
worldgenmain.lua. Skipping.
[00:00:01]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Loading modmain.lua
[00:00:01]: ModIndex:GetModsToLoad inserting moddir, workshop-378160973
[00:00:01]: ModIndex:GetModsToLoad inserting moddir, workshop-1207269058
[00:00:01]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Loading modworldgenmain.lua
[00:00:01]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping.
[00:00:01]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Loading modmain.lua
[00:00:01]: Event data unavailable: lavaarena_event_server/lavaarena_achievement_quest_defs
[00:00:02]: LOADING LUA SUCCESS
[00:00:02]: Registering mod namespace "workshop-1207269058"
[00:00:02]: Registering mod namespace "workshop-378160973"
[00:00:02]: PlayerDeaths could not load morgue
[00:00:02]: PlayerHistory could not load player_history
[00:00:02]: ServerPreferences could not load server_preferences
[00:00:02]: bloom_enabled false
[00:00:02]: loaded saveindex
[00:00:02]: OnFilesLoaded()
[00:00:02]: OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete
[00:00:02]: Klump load on boot started.
[00:00:02]: Klump files loaded: 0
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Registering prefabs
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Registering prefab file: prefabs/globalposition_classified
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) globalposition_classified
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Registering prefab file: prefabs/smoketrail
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) smoketrail
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Registering prefab file: prefabs/globalmapicon_noproxy
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) globalmapicon_noproxy
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Registering prefab file: prefabs/worldmapexplorer
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) worldmapexplorer
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Registering prefab file: prefabs/pings
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) ping_generic
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) ping_omw
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) ping_danger
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) ping_explore
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) ping_gohere
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Registering default mod prefab
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Registering prefabs
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Registering prefab file: prefabs/dychealthbar
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) dyc_damagedisplay
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) dyc_healthbarchild
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) dyc_healthbar
[00:00:02]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Registering default mod prefab
[00:00:03]: Load FE
[00:00:03]: Load FE: done
[00:00:03]: THREAD - started 'FilesExistAsyncThread' (661961536)
[00:00:03]: FilesExistAsyncThread started (15750 files)...
[00:00:03]: Check for write access: TRUE
[00:00:03]: Check for read access: TRUE
[00:00:03]: ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.
[00:00:03]: Reset() returning
[00:00:03]: ... FilesExistAsyncThread complete
[00:00:03]: [200] Account Communication Success (6)
[00:00:03]: Received (KU_tvX4yN0y) from TokenPurpose
[00:00:03]: Starting Dedicated Server Game
[00:00:03]: Network tick rate: U=15(2), D=0
[00:00:03]: About to start a server with the following settings:
[00:00:03]: Dedicated: true
[00:00:03]: Online: true
[00:00:03]: Passworded: true
[00:00:03]: Se
==> /serverdata/serverfiles/masterLog.0 <==
ServerPort: 11000
[00:00:03]: SteamAuthPort: 8768
[00:00:03]: SteamMasterServerPort: 27018
[00:00:03]: ClanID: false
[00:00:03]: ClanOnly: false
[00:00:03]: ClanAdmin: false
[00:00:03]: LanOnly: false
[00:00:03]: FriendsOnly: false
[00:00:03]: EnableAutosaver: true
[00:00:03]: EncodeUserPath: true
[00:00:03]: PVP: false
[00:00:03]: MaxPlayers: 6
[00:00:03]: GameMode: survival
[00:00:03]: OverridenDNS:
[00:00:03]: PauseWhenEmpty: true
[00:00:03]: IdleTimeout: 1800s
[00:00:03]: VoteEnabled: true
[00:00:03]: InternetBroadcasting: true
[00:00:03]: Intent: cooperative
[00:00:03]: Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_workshop-1207269058
[00:00:03]: Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_workshop-378160973
[00:00:03]: Online Server Started on port: 11000
[00:00:03]: Collecting garbage...
[00:00:03]: lua_gc took 0.04 seconds
[00:00:03]: ~ShardLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~cEventLeaderboardProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~ItemServerLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~InventoryLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~NetworkLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~SimLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: lua_close took 0.04 seconds
[00:00:03]: ReleaseAll
[00:00:03]: ReleaseAll Finished
[00:00:03]: cGame::StartPlaying
[00:00:03]: LOADING LUA
[00:00:03]: DoLuaFile scripts/main.lua
[00:00:03]: DoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/main.lua
[00:00:04]: taskgrouplist: default Together
[00:00:04]: taskgrouplist: classic Classic
[00:00:04]: taskgrouplist: cave_default Underground
[00:00:04]: taskgrouplist: lavaarena_taskset The Forge
[00:00:04]: taskgrouplist: quagmire_taskset The Gorge
[00:00:04]: running main.lua

[00:00:04]: unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-378160973
[00:00:04]: unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-1207269058
[00:00:04]: loaded modindex
[00:00:04]: ModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence for dedicated server.

[00:00:04]: modoverrides.lua enabling workshop-378160973
[00:00:04]: modoverrides.lua enabling workshop-1207269058
[00:00:04]: ModIndex:GetModsToLoad inserting moddir, workshop-378160973
[00:00:04]: ModIndex:GetModsToLoad inserting moddir, workshop-1207269058
[00:00:04]: Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_workshop-378160973
[00:00:04]: Loading mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Version:1.7.3
[00:00:04]: Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_workshop-1207269058
[00:00:04]: Loading mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Version:2.12
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Loading modworldgenmain.lua
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping.
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Loading modmain.lua
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Loading modworldgenmain.lua
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping.
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Loading modmain.lua
[00:00:04]: Event data unavailable: lavaarena_event_server/lavaarena_achievement_quest_defs
[00:00:04]: LOADING LUA SUCCESS
[00:00:04]: Registering mod namespace "workshop-1207269058"
[00:00:04]: Registering mod namespace "workshop-378160973"
[00:00:04]: PlayerDeaths could not load morgue
[00:00:04]: PlayerHistory could not load player_history
[00:00:04]: ServerPreferences could not load server_preferences
[00:00:04]: bloom_enabled false
[00:00:04]: loaded saveindex
[00:00:04]: OnFilesLoaded()
[00:00:04]: OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete
[00:00:04]: [string "scripts/saveindex.lua"]:303: SaveIndex:GetSaveData: Encoded Savedata is empty on load [session/7F15F36DEFC27C59/0000000814]
LUA ERROR stack t
rverPort: 11001
[00:00:03]: SteamAuthPort: 8769
[00:00:03]: SteamMasterServerPort: 27019
[00:00:03]: ClanID: false
[00:00:03]: ClanOnly: false
[00:00:03]: ClanAdmin: false
[00:00:03]: LanOnly: false
[00:00:03]: FriendsOnly: false
[00:00:03]: EnableAutosaver: true
[00:00:03]: EncodeUserPath: true
[00:00:03]: PVP: false
[00:00:03]: MaxPlayers: 6
[00:00:03]: GameMode: survival
[00:00:03]: OverridenDNS:
[00:00:03]: PauseWhenEmpty: true
[00:00:03]: IdleTimeout: 1800s
[00:00:03]: VoteEnabled: true
[00:00:03]: InternetBroadcasting: true
[00:00:03]: Intent: cooperative
[00:00:03]: Online Server Started on port: 11001
[00:00:03]: Collecting garbage...
[00:00:03]: lua_gc took 0.03 seconds
[00:00:03]: ~ShardLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~cEventLeaderboardProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~ItemServerLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~InventoryLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~NetworkLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: ~SimLuaProxy()
[00:00:03]: lua_close took 0.04 seconds
[00:00:03]: ReleaseAll
[00:00:03]: ReleaseAll Finished
[00:00:03]: cGame::StartPlaying
[00:00:04]: LOADING LUA
[00:00:04]: DoLuaFile scripts/main.lua
[00:00:04]: DoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/main.lua
[00:00:04]: taskgrouplist: default Together
[00:00:04]: taskgrouplist: classic Classic
[00:00:04]: taskgrouplist: cave_default Underground
[00:00:04]: taskgrouplist: lavaarena_taskset The Forge
[00:00:04]: taskgrouplist: quagmire_taskset The Gorge
[00:00:04]: running main.lua

[00:00:04]: unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-378160973
[00:00:04]: unloading prefabs for mod MOD_workshop-1207269058
[00:00:04]: loaded modindex
[00:00:04]: ModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence for dedicated server.

[00:00:04]: modoverrides.lua enabling workshop-378160973
[00:00:04]: modoverrides.lua enabling workshop-1207269058
[00:00:04]: Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_workshop-378160973
[00:00:04]: Loading mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Version:1.7.3
[00:00:04]: Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_workshop-1207269058
[00:00:04]: Loading mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Version:2.12
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Loading modworldgenmain.lua
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping.
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-378160973 (Global Positions) Loading modmain.lua
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Loading modworldgenmain.lua
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Mod had no modworldgenmain.lua. Skipping.
[00:00:04]: Mod: workshop-1207269058 ( Simple Health Bar DST) Loading modmain.lua
[00:00:04]: Event data unavailable: lavaarena_event_server/lavaarena_achievement_quest_defs
[00:00:04]: LOADING LUA SUCCESS
[00:00:04]: Registering mod namespace "workshop-1207269058"
[00:00:04]: Registering mod namespace "workshop-378160973"
[00:00:04]: PlayerDeaths could not load morgue
[00:00:04]: PlayerHistory could not load player_history
[00:00:04]: ServerPreferences could not load server_preferences
[00:00:04]: bloom_enabled false
[00:00:04]: loaded saveindex
[00:00:04]: OnFilesLoaded()
[00:00:04]: OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete
[00:00:04]: [string "scripts/saveindex.lua"]:303: SaveIndex:GetSaveData: Encoded Savedata is empty on load [session/2DC484CEEF499556/0000000814]
LUA ERROR stack tra
==> /serverdata/serverfiles/masterLog.0 <==
raceback:
=[C]:-1 in (global) assert (C) <-1--1>
scripts/saveindex.lua:303 in (upvalue) OnLoadSaveDataFile (Lua) <294-313>
file = session/7F15F36DEFC27C59/0000000814
cb = function - scripts/gamelogic.lua:909
load_success = true
str =
scripts/saveindex.lua:317 in () ? (Lua) <316-318>
load_success = true
str =
=[C]:-1 in (method) GetPersistentString (C) <-1--1>
scripts/saveindex.lua:316 in (method) GetSaveDataFile (Lua) <315-319>
self =
data = table: 0xa78b600
current_slot = 1
scripts/saveindex.lua:335 in (method) GetSaveData (Lua) <321-340>
self =
data = table: 0xa78b600
current_slot = 1
slotnum = 1
scripts/gamelogic.lua:917 in (upvalue) DoLoadWorld (Lua) <908-918>
saveslot = 1
onload = function - scripts/gamelogic.lua:909
scripts/gamelogic.lua:960 in (upvalue) LoadSlot (Lua) <954-966>
slot = 1
scripts/gamelogic.lua:1029 in (upvalue) DoResetAction (Lua) <977-1069>
scripts/gamelogic.lua:1079 in (local) complete_callback (Lua) <1071-1080>
scripts/upsell.lua:13 in (global) UpdateGamePurchasedState (Lua) <11-15>
complete_callback = function - scripts/gamelogic.lua:1071
scripts/gamelogic.lua:1103 in (local) callback (Lua) <1082-1104>

[00:00:04]: [string "scripts/saveindex.lua"]:303: SaveIndex:GetSaveData: Encoded Savedata is empty on load [session/7F15F36DEFC27C59/0000000814]
LUA ERROR stack traceback:

[00:00:04]: Check for write access: TRUE
[00:00:04]: Check for read access: TRUE
[00:00:04]: ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.
[00:00:04]: Reset() returning
[00:00:04]: Warning: Widget:SetFocusFromChild is happening on a widget outside of the screen/widget hierachy. This will cause focus moves to fail. Is ScriptErrorWidget not a screen?
[00:00:04]: stack traceback:
scripts/widgets/widget.lua:605 in (method) SetFocusFromChild (Lua) <602-627>
scripts/widgets/widget.lua:624 in (method) SetFocusFromChild (Lua) <602-627>
scripts/widgets/widget.lua:656 in (method) SetFocus (Lua) <629-665>
scripts/widgets/menu.lua:83 in (method) SetFocus (Lua) <74-85>
scripts/widgets/scripterrorwidget.lua:109 in (method) OnUpdate (Lua) <102-119>
scripts/update.lua:90 in () ? (Lua) <33-129>

ceback:
file = session/2DC484CEEF499556/0000000814
load_success = true
str =
load_success = true
str =
self =
data = table: 0xa6ea600
current_slot = 1
self =
data = table: 0xa6ea600
current_slot = 1
slotnum = 1
saveslot = 1
onload = function - scripts/gamelogic.lua:909
slot = 1
complete_callback = function - scripts/gamelogic.lua:1071

[00:00:04]: [string "scripts/saveindex.lua"]:303: SaveIndex:GetSaveData: Encoded Savedata is empty on load [session/2DC484CEEF499556/0000000814]
LUA ERROR stack traceback:

[00:00:04]: Check for write access: TRUE
[00:00:04]: Check for read access: TRUE
[00:00:04]: ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.
[00:00:04]: Reset() returning
[00:00:04]: Warning: Widget:SetFocusFromChild is happening on a widget outside of the screen/widget hierachy. This will cause focus moves to fail. Is ScriptErrorWidget not a screen?
[00:00:04]: stack traceback:
scripts/widgets/widget.lua:605 in (method) SetFocusFromChild (Lua) <602-627>
scripts/widgets/widget.lua:656 in (method) SetFocus (Lua) <629-665>
scripts/widgets/menu.lua:83 in (method) SetFocus (Lua) <74-85>
scripts/widgets/scripterrorwidget.lua:109 in (method) OnUpdate (Lua) <102-119>
scripts/update.lua:90 in () ? (Lua) <33-129>

But my other dedicated world is running just fine. My server has had a few reboots in the past couple weeks, don't know if that has anything to do with it.  I really do not want to lose all the hours on that one world.

I've tried restarting the docker, stopping and starting it, force updating it. I don't know what else to try.

2 hours ago, Craej said:

[00:00:02]: Registering mod namespace "workshop-1207269058"
[00:00:02]: Registering mod namespace "workshop-378160973"

This is from the Caves: First I would try to disable these two mods, just in case...

2 hours ago, Craej said:

This is from the Main Server: As said above try first to disable these mods.

2 hours ago, Craej said:

This is also from the Main Server: This is the line that makes me a little bit worry, eventually it has something to do with the mods above but I can't tell for sure.

Have you installed the Plugin CA Backup? If so, you should have a backup from the old save files.

2 hours ago, Craej said:

At the Caves Log it's again the same...

Is this the complete log? Also first thing I would try is to disable/delete the workshop items and then I would try to start it up again.

What do you mean with reboots, normal reboots or hard reboots (without gracefully shutting down the server)?

It is also possible that a reboot happened while the container was saving the game but chances for that are relatively small.

Having issues getting the latest beta on 7d2d- kinda like what happened with alpha 18.  I try to do the -beta latest_experimental game parameters and it doesn't load the new build.  I was hoping it was just something simple but even if I wipe the whole thing and redownload it- is just loads the 18.4 version that is in the main branch.  Maybe they changed something again and threw your docker off?  I can provide logs if needed.

Can anyone help with the forest server? I run a few game servers, all allow my friends to connect fine with the appropriate firewall rules in place but the forest will not work. 

i have check everything firewall wise and its all good. 

Works locally but its almost like it doesnt have a gateway set

logs

dbus[118]: arguments to dbus_connection_send_with_reply_and_block() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file ../../../dbus/dbus-connection.c line 3544.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
wine: Assertion failed at address 00001507204B57BB (thread 0027), starting debugger...
005e:fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
0050:fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt SO_SNDBUF ignoring request to disable send buffering
0050:fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt SO_SNDBUF ignoring request to disable send buffering
Connected to Steam successfully
The Forest Server is not VAC Secure!
Game server SteamID:90136686949038083
CoopSteamManager Initialize
CoopLobby.LeaveActive instance=
0009:fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
CoopPlayerCallbacks::BoltStartBegin CoopVoice.VoiceChannel:[UdpChannelName Voice:1]
0062:err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04b8.

thanks 

Edited by dfox1787
20 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is from the Caves: First I would try to disable these two mods, just in case...

This is from the Main Server: As said above try first to disable these mods.

This is also from the Main Server: This is the line that makes me a little bit worry, eventually it has something to do with the mods above but I can't tell for sure.

Have you installed the Plugin CA Backup? If so, you should have a backup from the old save files.

At the Caves Log it's again the same...

Is this the complete log? Also first thing I would try is to disable/delete the workshop items and then I would try to start it up again.

What do you mean with reboots, normal reboots or hard reboots (without gracefully shutting down the server)?

It is also possible that a reboot happened while the container was saving the game but chances for that are relatively small.

So right before you posted this, I was studying the log more and it worried me the same thing you said about the save file being empty.  So I checked the file 0000000814 in the save directory and it was 0kb. So hoping for the best I just deleted all the 0000000814 empty files including the ones in the caves folder, hoping it would revert to the next save file. Thank goodness it did and my server booted up normally.

20 hours ago, ich777 said:

Hard reboots, I've been dealing with hardware issues on my rig. I'm thinking my PSU is dying. But I think it's exactly what you said the unfortunate case of the game saving the world right when I had a hard reboot causing an empty save file.

8 hours ago, jordanmw said:

Having issues getting the latest beta on 7d2d- kinda like what happened with alpha 18.  I try to do the -beta latest_experimental game parameters and it doesn't load the new build.  I was hoping it was just something simple but even if I wipe the whole thing and redownload it- is just loads the 18.4 version that is in the main branch.  Maybe they changed something again and threw your docker off?  I can provide logs if needed.

Where did you fill in -beta latest_experimental at the grafik.png.819fd3df8cb36c57869703cf3038065c.png?

You have to fill it in at: grafik.png.b766e1974ee9080b53e6afe6c587e798.png.

I don't think they've changed anything that breaks the container, if so it has to be a big change on Steam's end if it doesn't download the game properly...

The GAME_PARAMS and the GAME_ID are two completely different commands.

With the GAME_ID you choose which game to download through SteamCMD and also you can add for example your option -beta latest_experimental (in your case this should be: '294420 -beta latest_experimental' wihtout quotes).

The GAME_PARAMS are startup commands for the game itself.

It's a bit difficult for me to troubleshoot this game since I'm not personally owning it, but I hope this helps. ;)

7 hours ago, dfox1787 said:

Can anyone help with the forest server? I run a few game servers, all allow my friends to connect fine with the appropriate firewall rules in place but the forest will not work. 

i have check everything firewall wise and its all good. 

Works locally but its almost like it doesnt have a gateway set

logs

Connected to Steam successfully
The Forest Server is not VAC Secure!
Game server SteamID:90136686949038083
CoopSteamManager Initialize
CoopLobby.LeaveActive instance=
0009:fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
CoopPlayerCallbacks::BoltStartBegin CoopVoice.VoiceChannel:[UdpChannelName Voice:1]
0062:err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04b8.

thanks 

I will look into that when I got home from work but the errors that you see are mostly from WINE (since there is no native linux dedicated server, correct me if the dev's already released one).

Have you forwarded all ports with the corresponding protocoll?

3 hours ago, Craej said:

So right before you posted this, I was studying the log more and it worried me the same thing you said about the save file being empty.  So I checked the file 0000000814 in the save directory and it was 0kb. So hoping for the best I just deleted all the 0000000814 empty files including the ones in the caves folder, hoping it would revert to the next save file. Thank goodness it did and my server booted up normally.

Hard reboots, I've been dealing with hardware issues on my rig. I'm thinking my PSU is dying. But I think it's exactly what you said the unfortunate case of the game saving the world right when I had a hard reboot causing an empty save file.

Nice, I strongly recommend you to install the plugin 'CA Appdata Backup/Restore v2' and make daily backups (you don't have to stop the container when a backup is running - there is an option on the bottom of the plugin where you can enable that it don't stops).

In my case I've set it up to make a daily backup at night and to keep a copy of every day for 7 days long and then it automatically deletes it. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1