[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

8 hours ago, stevep94 said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to do an automated backup of a game server on the 7 Days to Die server?

We have been playing but one of the group took on a mission that involved a barn that we subsequently had demolished and made into another structure and as if by magic the barn re-appeared, taking our new building with it! 😬

I can find the save game folder - although there is one called "mygame" and another with the name of the server so I'm not sure which is the right one!

All I'm thinking is if I can somehow set the game to backup the save overnight in a new location, if anything like this happens again, we can just revert to the previous day's game state?

Thanks for any advice...

Yep, I also do it with the CA Backup plugin like @Varean said, you could also use the User Scripts Plugin and do it with a Cron job.

9 hours ago, Varean said:

I personally use a plugin called CA Backup/Restore Appdata. It'll allow you to backup the entire Appdata share (or only specific apps). You can't do just individual files with it tho, but you can schedule it. Other than that some people might suggest setting up a cron job or a different Plugin, it's just what I found to work for me.

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yep, I also do it with the CA Backup plugin like @Varean said, you could also use the User Scripts Plugin and do it with a Cron job.

Thanks for the replies guys - I'll have a look at CA Backup - mainly because "you could also use the User Scripts Plugin and do it with a Cron job" flew so far over my head it nearly hit a passing 747! 😁

Am I right in saying I could basically set a nightly backup at 3am of the entire "appdata" folder and in the event of a catastrophic in-game error, simply copy the "7dtd" folder back into the appdata and overwrite the existing folder to revert back to the previous days state?

Will CA Backup let me do an incremental backup or will it just overwrite the existing data each night?

6 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Am I right in saying I could basically set a nightly backup at 3am of the entire "appdata" folder and in the event of a catastrophic in-game error, simply copy the "7dtd" folder back into the appdata and overwrite the existing folder to revert back to the previous days state?

Sort of, you can recover the data also with the CA Backup Plugin ;)

6 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Will CA Backup let me do an incremental backup or will it just overwrite the existing data each night?

I can't tell you if this also is possible, I keep copys of the entire appdata folder (in an archive that creates CA Backup) for 7 days and then CA automatically deletes the older ones (this is totaly how you set it up).

Since I'm doing this on a drive that is mounted with Unassigned Devices I'm not keeping an eye on that... :D

But you could ask that question in the CA Backup help thread ;)

1 hour ago, stevep94 said:

Thanks for the replies guys - I'll have a look at CA Backup - mainly because "you could also use the User Scripts Plugin and do it with a Cron job" flew so far over my head it nearly hit a passing 747! 😁

A "Cron" job is just basically a scheduled Task in Linux, like "Perform X command at Y date and time"

But yes, I personally use it to keep a backup of all my Dockers in the AppData directory, but if you just specifically wanted 7dtd you could exclude everything else. 

1 hour ago, stevep94 said:

I also agree with @ich777, I use it to back the entire thing up once a week, and it deletes the old backup every week as well, but the way its worded it sounds like just overwrites the old one, but the CA Backup thread would provide clarity on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Varean said:

also agree with @ich777, I use it to back the entire thing up once a week, and it deletes the old backup every week as well, but the way its worded it sounds like just overwrites the old one, but the CA Backup thread would provide clarity on it.

Oh sorry for my poor explanation, I backup my appdata directory every day and then after 7 days it deletes the oldest backup file.

• Like 1

Right, I've set up an auto backup at 3am every morning but I've set it to just backup the "saves" folder (and presumably all folders within?) within the 7dtd folder - the only thing I'm wondering is, will the game state need anything other than just the saves information or should I just backup the entire 7dtd folder?

I'm also going to set up a weekly backup of the entire appdata folder - seems like a sensible idea!

1 minute ago, stevep94 said:

Right, I've set up an auto backup at 3am every morning but I've set it to just backup the "saves" folder (and presumably all folders within?) within the 7dtd folder - the only thing I'm wondering is, will the game state need anything other than just the saves information or should I just backup the entire 7dtd folder?

No, just the entire saves folder and all subfolders if there are any. ;)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, just the entire saves folder and all subfolders if there are any. ;)

Thanks!

One further query, as I mentioned above, within the "saves" folder there is a folder called "navesgane" and then within that one there is one called "stevesserver" (which is what I called the server I set up) but there is also a folder called "mygame" - any idea which is the server game? (I assume the one with the server name on it that I chose but I'm not sure what the "mygame" folder is??)

4 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Thanks!

One further query, as I mentioned above, within the "saves" folder there is a folder called "navesgane" and then within that one there is one called "stevesserver" (which is what I called the server I set up) but there is also a folder called "mygame" - any idea which is the server game? (I assume the one with the server name on it that I chose but I'm not sure what the "mygame" folder is??)

I think this is the savegame that the container initially creates since the standard name for the game is 'mygame'. But since I'm not familar with the game (created it only on a user request without actually owning the game) I really can't tell what this is... :D

You can try to move the folder out to another location and start the server and see if everything works.

• Like 1

Can you try to set the permissions again?

1. Stop the container
  2. Open up a terminal in unraid (not the container)
  3. type in: 'cd /mnt/user/appdata/atlas' (please change 'atlas' at the end to your foldername in your appdata directory
  4. and then type in: 'chown -R nobody:users *'
  5. and also type in: 'chmod -R 777 *'

(all without quotes)

20 minutes ago, killerbad21 said:

still looping with the same error

"ErrorMessage: Cannot open file '/serverdata/serverfiles/@extDB3\addons\extdb3'"

i think its funny because its not having problem  with the life_server file

Sorry, I don't know nothing about ATLAS since I don't own the game, eventually something is wrong with the files or with the configuration itself...

3 hours ago, killerbad21 said:

found this out with extdb3 on linux. any idea.

I've added this library to the container, please update the container manually and try if it works now.

EDIT: Space Engineers is a game that was created without Linux in mind and I simply can't create a Container for this game.

5 hours ago, daan said:

This is the place to request servers right, if it is not please tell me. 

Could your look in to a Citizen:IV game server? 

Yes this is the place. :D

The wiki for the dedicated server says that you need a windows machine for the server and there is currently no linux version.

Hi Ich777, 

i just tried your acc docker and can get it to works. thanks

one quick question, can we run multiple ac or acc server with 1 docker?

is it possible to make automobilista 2 server docker?

thank you very much

Edited by daniz24
On 3/21/2020 at 10:34 PM, ich777 said:

Container is now updated please delete the whole container from your template page (you don't have to delete the folder in the appdata folder) and redownload it from the CA App (please keep in mind it takes a few hours so that the new template with the added options are available).

If you see this section in the template you are good to go, just set the variable Install Stracker to 'true' (without quotes) and it will install it:

grafik.thumb.png.ddca8b15a8064de210586c94d1b2c143.png

hi, is it possible to include the built in server manager ui, or this one from racedepartment?

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-server-manager.25683/

2 hours ago, daniz24 said:

Hi Ich777, 

i just tried your acc docker and can get it to works. thanks

one quick question, can we run multiple ac or acc server with 1 docker?

is it possible to make automobilista 2 server docker?

thank you very much

Have you read the description of the container itself?

You have to put the dedicated server exe from your game into the main directory of the created container in your appdata folder.

Sorry but I don't create gameservers for games that I don't own anymore, that makes troubleshooting impossoble for me.

But as far as I've discovered this gamehas only a windows dedicated server and some posts say that the dedicated server for linux is released with the v1.0 release of the game, is the game already at v1.0?

Hey Ich777, promise this is my last question (for a long while). 

On the info page in CA (hit the little i icon) it says to connect to the console, open a terminal and type 'screen -xS SCP'

When I click on the SCP icon on my docker page and hit 'Console' and type that in, I get 'There is no screen to be attached matching SCP'

When I try and run it on the unraid terminal, I just get -bash: screen: command not found. Am I doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, Varean said:

Hey Ich777, promise this is my last question (for a long while). 

On the info page in CA (hit the little i icon) it says to connect to the console, open a terminal and type 'screen -xS SCP'

When I click on the SCP icon on my docker page and hit 'Console' and type that in, I get 'There is no screen to be attached matching SCP'

When I try and run it on the unraid terminal, I just get -bash: screen: command not found. Am I doing something wrong?

No problem... ;)

This is the old description, have to update it... Must have missed this container.

This is the right command, but you have to issue it from the unraid console, not the container console: 'docker exec -u steam -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS SCP'