[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

3 hours ago, Newtious said:

LOL   remember some time ago when I suggested making a list of games that wont work? lol....

This could me get in real trouble since some games added support for linux later on (Satisfactorio and Astroneer should be such two games) but I can't keep track of all this, so I'm answering the questions here. ;)

31 minutes ago, chickey said:

Anyone have issues with minecraft bedrock server, i notice they have released a 1.16.2 client update which has been auto pushed out but the server repo is on 1.16.1 still

https://hub.docker.com/r/ich777/minecraftbedrockserver/

Have you restarted the container yet?

My container will update the server version on restart of the container (sometimes there are problems to resolve the right version so it falls back to 1.16.1 - have now updated the script that it downloads version 1.16.20.03 if it can't grab the latest version - please update the container if a restart doesn't fix the issue).

I will release a fix in the next few days that will hopefully fix that...

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you restarted the container yet?

My container will update the server version on restart of the container (sometimes there are problems to resolve the right version so it falls back to 1.16.1 - have now updated the script that it downloads version 1.16.20.03 if it can't grab the latest version - please update the container if a restart doesn't fix the issue).

I will release a fix in the next few days that will hopefully fix that...

Thanks for looking, i had restarted the docker multiple times to no avail.  I've just tried restarting a few times again but it's not updating, i wonder if it's something on my end.  It has updated fine in the past like the previous big april update. 

This is the log on the server when i restart the docker

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.
stop
[2020-08-12 09:25:09 INFO] Server stop requested.
[2020-08-12 09:25:09 INFO] Stopping server...
Quit correctly
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Starting...---
---Can't get latest version from Minecraft Bedrock falling back to v 1.16.1.02---
---Minecraft Bedrock Server Version up-to-date---
---Preparing Server---
---Checking for 'server.properties'---
---'server.properties' found...
---Checking for old logs---
---Starting Server---
NO LOG FILE! - Failed to up file descriptor limit Operation not permitted
NO LOG FILE! - setting up server logging...
[2020-08-12 09:25:18 INFO] Starting Server
[2020-08-12 09:25:18 INFO] Version 1.16.1.2
[2020-08-12 09:25:18 INFO] Session ID 1eb6a64b-9867-459f-94e4-64c25e8fffc0
[2020-08-12 09:25:18 INFO] Level Name: Survival Server
[2020-08-12 09:25:18 INFO] Game mode: 0 Survival
[2020-08-12 09:25:18 INFO] Difficulty: 2 NORMAL
[2020-08-12 09:25:19 INFO] opening worlds/Survival Server/db
[2020-08-12 09:25:23 INFO] IPv4 supported, port: 19132
[2020-08-12 09:25:23 INFO] IPv6 not supported
[2020-08-12 09:25:23 INFO] IPv4 supported, port: 47706
[2020-08-12 09:25:23 INFO] IPv6 not supported
[2020-08-12 09:25:25 INFO] Server started.

1 minute ago, chickey said:

---Can't get latest version from Minecraft Bedrock falling back to v 1.16.1.02---

This is the error, I don't know why but the Microsoft website sometimes doesn't return a value and that's why it's falling back to, now the old version that I've hard coded.

Update the container itself and it will pull the new version.

I update the container in the next few days so that this shouldn't happen again in the future. ;)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chickey said:

Thank you so much it's now working.  Summer holidays here and two 6 year olds can now continue their building 🙂

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will update the container in the next few days again and then this shouldn't happen again... ;)

Anyways thank you for reporting that, try to solve such issues as soon as possible. ;)

Hi! First off thanks for all these images! They've been super useful. I'm trying to get the Ark: Survival Evolved container going but am having issues with downloading mods.  There is a game param `-automanagedmods` that i added to Extra Game parameters however it causes this

```Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110
LowLevelFatalError [File:F:\build\Live312Jenkins\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Linux\LinuxPlatformProcess.cpp] [Line: 652]
FLinuxPlatformProcess::WaitForProc: waitid for pid -1 failed (errno=22, Invalid argument)
Signal 11 caught.
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 71: 61 Segmentation fault ./ShooterGameServer ${MAP}?listen?SessionName=${SERVER_NAME}?ServerPassword=${SRV_PWD}?ServerAdminPassword=${SRV_ADMIN_PWD}${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_```

Do you know why it wouldn't work? If i remove that param it works fine but then i can't download the mods

11 minutes ago, Smegpot said:

Hi! First off thanks for all these images! They've been super useful. I'm trying to get the Ark: Survival Evolved container going but am having issues with downloading mods.  There is a game param `-automanagedmods` that i added to Extra Game parameters however it causes this

```Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110
LowLevelFatalError [File:F:\build\Live312Jenkins\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Linux\LinuxPlatformProcess.cpp] [Line: 652]
FLinuxPlatformProcess::WaitForProc: waitid for pid -1 failed (errno=22, Invalid argument)
Signal 11 caught.
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 71: 61 Segmentation fault ./ShooterGameServer ${MAP}?listen?SessionName=${SERVER_NAME}?ServerPassword=${SRV_PWD}?ServerAdminPassword=${SRV_ADMIN_PWD}${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_```

Do you know why it wouldn't work? If i remove that param it works fine but then i can't download the mods

I found this, does this help?

Click

58 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I found this, does this help?

Click

Im getting confused on where to symlink since there are two installations of steamCMD. the on in appdata that was created form the docker image and the one in the server files under thirdparty.  Which one is actually being used?

EDIT: I think i figured it out. It's currently downloading the mods now. Thanks!

Edited by Smegpot
8 hours ago, aterfax said:

Does this docker have any support for accessing the running console of the game through screen or tmux?

I cannot see any documented way to access the running console to run server commands?

Which container?

8 hours ago, akyros66 said:

/mnt/cache/appdata/nwnee

Try to change ot to /mnt/user/appdata/nwnee

9 hours ago, Smegpot said:

Im getting confused on where to symlink since there are two installations of steamCMD. the on in appdata that was created form the docker image and the one in the server files under thirdparty.  Which one is actually being used?

EDIT: I think i figured it out. It's currently downloading the mods now. Thanks!

What have you linked and how? I think this is only a linking issue.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Try to change ot to /mnt/user/appdata/nwnee

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

---Version missmatch v8193.13 installed, installing v8193.14---
---Sucessfully downloaded NWN:EE Binaries---
Archive: /nwnee/binaries/NWNX-EE.zip
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Administration.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Appearance.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Area.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Chat.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_CombatModes.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Core.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Creature.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Damage.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Data.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Dialog.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_DotNET.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_ELC.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Effect.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Encounter.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Events.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Experimental.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Feedback.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Item.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_ItemProperty.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Lua.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_MaxLevel.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Metrics_InfluxDB.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Object.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Optimizations.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Player.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Profiler.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Race.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Redis.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Regex.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Rename.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Reveal.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Ruby.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_SQL.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_ServerLogRedirector.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_SkillRanks.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_SpellChecker.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_ThreadWatchdog.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Time.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Tracking.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Tweaks.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Util.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Visibility.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_Weapon.so
inflating: Binaries/NWNX_WebHook.so
---Prepare Server---
---Checking if everything is in place---
---Configuring Redis---
OK
OK
Background saving started
chmod: cannot access '/nwnee/.fuse_hidden000119e90000001e': No such file or directory
/nwnee/bin/linux-x86/nwserver-linux: error while loading shared libraries: libsndio.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
---Starting...---
---Starting MariaDB...---
---Starting Redis Server---
---Server Version Check---
---Server versions match! Installed: v8193.14 | Preferred: v8193.14---
---Binaries Version Check---
---Binaries versions match! Installed: v8193.14 | Preferred: v8193.14---
---Prepare Server---
---Checking if everything is in place---
---Configuring Redis---
OK
OK
Background saving started
chmod: cannot access '/nwnee/.fuse_hidden00018b0900000020': No such file or directory
/nwnee/bin/linux-x86/nwserver-linux: error while loading shared libraries: libsndio.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Now it's stuck in a loop trying to start up.

Edited by akyros66
Shorten length
3 minutes ago, akyros66 said:

Can you edit your post and shorten the log output, it's always the same because it's looping.

Can you delete the whole container and also the folder created in your appdata?

I will try it on my 6.8.3 dev server if I can reproduce the error.

4 hours ago, akyros66 said:

Container now fixed, I think they also made it necessary in a recent version to have the library 'libsndio6.1'.

Please update the container, but I would recommend that you delete it completely and also the created folder in the appdata directory and redownload it from the CA App.

I also attached a log from my dev machine that runs on 6.8.0 (I made a few empty lines after it says that no modules are found because I simply put the module in the folder and restarted the container).

Tested it with 'Contest Of Champions 0492':

nwnee.log

13 minutes ago, aterfax said:

Any of the source servers e.g. left4dead2 which now appears to be stuck in a bootloop.

Only those that have no easy way of access the console via rcon.

Can you be a bit more specific about what is exactly looping and since when (attach a log or something please).

Ah right - could I recommend launching all servers inside a screen or a tmux as an enhancement?

As for the error with left4dead - I purged and reinstalled twice leaving it to validate the second time and it resulted in the following (part of why I wanted the console):

Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem

Thu 13 Aug 2020 10:48:24 PM BST: Server restart in 10 seconds

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 222860

Using breakpad crash handler

Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load

Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient

Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit

Segmentation fault

More debug -
Further debug log output -

/serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: 1: /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: gdb: not found
WARNING: Please install gdb first.
goto http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 222860
Using breakpad crash handler
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Segmentation fault
Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Thu 13 Aug 2020 11:59:30 PM BST: Server restart in 10 seconds
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Enabling debug mode
/serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: 178: ulimit: error setting limit (Operation not permitted)
/serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: 1: /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: gdb: not found
WARNING: Please install gdb first.
goto http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.

12 hours ago, aterfax said:

Ah right - could I recommend launching all servers inside a screen or a tmux as an enhancement?

I will build a script that you can use so that you could launch it inside a screen session, really don't understand the usecase for that (there are so many apps on the mobile phone or even software on windows/linux so that you can connect to rcon)...

Here is the finished script: l4d2.sh

Please download it and place it in your appdata folder (I don't recommend to place it in the same folder as L4D2.

Then go to the template page and create a new Path (update the 'Host Path' where your script physically is - please not that you have to type in 'user.sh' at 'Container Path' and 'l4d2.sh' at 'Host Path' at the end):

screenshot.png.f3a37987602ec4fc21be577cf987c447.png

This script should work for most of the 'srcds' containers you can also customize it to your liking (please note that I also included a script for the termination handler - the termination handler is only included in the newer builds and I update the containers in the near future to support this - at the time you can leave the script as it is but please note that if you end the screen session the container will NOT automatically restart if the termination handler is not implemented). EDIT: Updated the L4D2 container to support the termination handler... :D

After the container started entirely you can then connect to the screen session by opening a console window for that container and type in: 'su $USER -c "screen -xS &USER"' or simply 'su steam -c "screen -xS steam"' (put also a message in the log how to do that).

If you got further questions feel free to contact me. ;)

12 hours ago, aterfax said:

As for the error with left4dead - I purged and reinstalled twice leaving it to validate the second time and it resulted in the following

I will look into that.

EDIT: No problem here, also attached the log: l4d2.log

Have you changed something in the template itself?

On which Unraid version are you? Have you installed a cache drive in your system? Can you try to change the 'ServerFiles' path to '/mnt/user/appdata/l4d2' (stop the container and delete the old folder for left4dead in the appdata directory befor doing that...)

11 hours ago, aterfax said:

More debug -

That doesn't work, gdb isn't installed in the containers so there is no output.

But I don't need that output.

11 hours ago, Uleepera said:

Is it possible to load this to command prompt using JsDos?

You want only to bring up the command line?

This should be possible, I will look into it but jsDOS is designed to load a zip file and then start the executable inside the zip, don't know if it would work the way you would like to use it.