[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 8/17/2020 at 1:58 PM, ich777 said:

Here is the restart script for the MinecraftBasicServer: minecraftbasicserver.sh

Read a few posts above how to attach it to the container (in your case 'minecraftbasicserver.sh' has to be the path '/opt/scripts/user.sh' in the container - read below or better speaking above how to do this):

If you got any further questions feel free to ask. ;)

So this script let me to a restart every day, is it possible to add muilitple times per day ?

or the best way to say, i added another command "save-all" It works, but i want the server to execute this command all 30 mins. (its a command to save the world from Ram -> Disk)

thanks for your help

-Joey

On 8/18/2020 at 7:14 PM, ich777 said:

Please update the container or delete and repull it from the CA App, now it should work without any issues.

I think I made a mistake the last time I updated the container and deleted one line in the startup script... :P

Please report back.

Still looks to be having issues, updated container, deleted games files, let it download again, and this is what im getting (sorry its been a few days)

arma_log.txt

23 hours ago, Natcoso9955 said:

Still looks to be having issues, updated container, deleted games files, let it download again, and this is what im getting (sorry its been a few days)

arma_log.txt 5.02 kB · 0 downloads

Sorry but I can't reproduce this error...

The segmentation fault is normaly a sign that something isn't right with the physical paths to your game directory.

Here is my log, this is from complete fresh install: arma3.log

On 8/24/2020 at 4:13 PM, Cornflake said:

So this script let me to a restart every day, is it possible to add muilitple times per day ?

or the best way to say, i added another command "save-all" It works, but i want the server to execute this command all 30 mins. (its a command to save the world from Ram -> Disk)

thanks for your help

-Joey

Should be no problem, do you need a script that it reboots it at midnight and runs this command every 30 minutes or just the command every 30 minutes?

EDIT: If you want to add the command every 30 minutes then append the following to the user.sh if you want to use every 30 minutes saving then replace the content (except for '#!/bin/bash) with the following:

if [ ! -f /opt/scripts/save.sh ]; then
	echo 'while true; do
	sleep 30m
	echo 'su $USER -c "screen -S Minecraft -X stuff 'save-all^M'" >/dev/null'
done' | tee /opt/scripts/save.sh
	chmod +x /opt/scripts/save.sh
	/opt/scripts/save.sh &
else
	/opt/scripts/save.sh &
fi

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Should be no problem, do you need a script that it reboots it at midnight and runs this command every 30 minutes or just the command every 30 minutes?

EDIT: If you want to add the command every 30 minutes then append the following to the user.sh if you want to use every 30 minutes saving then replace the content (except for '#!/bin/bash) with the following:

echo "while true; do
	sleep 30m
	echo 'su $USER -c "screen -S Minecraft -X stuff 'save-all^M'" >/dev/null'
done" | tee /opt/scripts/save.sh
	/opt/scripts/save.sh &
else
	/opt/scripts/save.sh &
fi

Thanks i will try this now.

yes the reboot should stay, in addition the save-all command should run.

• Like 1

Hi @ich777, I might have found a bug in the new NWN docker.

In the latest commits, you introduced a SIGTERM handler in start.sh.

However, this means you background the started server. This detaches STDIN.

The NWN server requires an attached STDIN to give it commands (load, save, set options, etc.). This is detailed in the Beamdog docker as well. Thus, with this update which detaches STDIN, one cannot control the server directly anymore. Would you be able to fix it? Reverting the addition of the handler would be enough.

Thanks!

Edited by OdinEidolon
40 minutes ago, OdinEidolon said:

Hi @ich777, I might have found a bug in the new NWN docker.

In the latest commits, you introduced a SIGTERM handler in start.sh.

However, this means you background the started server. This detaches STDIN.

The NWN server requires an attached STDIN to give it commands (load, save, set options, etc.). This is detailed in the Beamdog docker as well. Thus, with this update which detaches STDIN, one cannot control the server directly anymore. Would you be able to fix it? Reverting the addition of the handler would be enough.

Thanks!

If you look at the commits in my github repo it was also backgrounded in the old release.

In my case everything works as expected if I enter the variables.

It's true that my container is different from beamdogs.

Another possibility is to run nwnee in a screen session and connect to that.

What is the goal that you want to accomplish?

Save should be no problem since you can specify a autosave intervall.

Which options are required?

EDIT: can you send me a link or tutorial how loading a game works?

3 hours ago, Fdirckx said:

Hi ich777,

First thanks for all servers.

and is it posble to create a memories for mars server docker file

Thanks

The server is done but I have no way of testing it since I don't own the game personally...

EDIT: Container is now done and will be available in the next few hours in the CA App ;)

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Thanks i will try this now.

yes the reboot should stay, in addition the save-all command should run.

Here is the new code, this works in my case ;)

echo -e "while true; do
\tsleep 30m
\tsu $USER -c \"screen -S Minecraft -X stuff 'save-all^M'\" >/dev/null
done" | tee /opt/scripts/save.sh
	/opt/scripts/save.sh &
else
	/opt/scripts/save.sh &
fi

And here is the full script: minecraftbasicserver.sh

I moved over my Minecraft world and it loaded up with no issues. The only thing I cannot figure out is why cheats is not working and the game loaded in creative mode. The settings are locked, so I can not change anything.  My server.properties file seems to be working fine. My only guess is the game is loading me in as a player and not an admin?

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

13 minutes ago, Twisted said:

I moved over my Minecraft world and it loaded up with no issues. The only thing I cannot figure out is why cheats is not working and the game loaded in creative mode. The settings are locked, so I can not change anything.  My server.properties file seems to be working fine. My only guess is the game is loading me in as a player and not an admin?

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you enabled cheats in the server properties? That with the creative and survival is a common problem if speak of Minecraft Bedrock Edition.

You can set you as an admin if you connect to the console of the container and enter the command to op you.

A description how to connect to the console is in the discription of the container.

EDIT: I think the right command to op you is: '/op YOURNAME' but I'm not 100% sure...

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

You can set you as an admin if you connect to the console of the container and enter the command to op you.

A description how to connect to the console is in the discription of the container.

Yes, I do have cheats enabled and it is the Bedrock Edition. I have never connected to the console of the container. Are there any guides on this out there?

4 minutes ago, Twisted said:

Yes, I do have cheats enabled and it is the Bedrock Edition. I have never connected to the console of the container. Are there any guides on this out there?

Yes, as I said, in the discription of the container is how to connect to the Server console and just google: OP Minecraft Bedrock Server

That's it.

Please read my above post again, everything should be in there.

Edit: You have to be OP that the ingame commands/cheats work

Thank you for the clarification. I am still learning and that helped. I log into the console and when I type op (my gamer tag) I get the folloing error message:

Syntax error: Unexpected "First Word": at "p First Word >>Second Word<<"

I thought maybe because my gamer tag has a space, it may be causing issues, so I tried my XUID and received the same error.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

10 minutes ago, Twisted said:

Thank you for the clarification. I am still learning and that helped. I log into the console and when I type op (my gamer tag) I get the folloing error message:

Syntax error: Unexpected "First Word": at "p First Word >>Second Word<<"

I thought maybe because my gamer tag has a space, it may be causing issues, so I tried my XUID and received the same error.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

If your gamertag has a space in it you are invisible to commands even ingame it won't work.

Please remove the space from your gamertag and it should work.

This applies or can apply also to other games...

Edit: try to put your name in betwenn of " like '/op "YOUR NAME"'

4 minutes ago, Twisted said:

Same Error message. It only sees my name if i put a space and no "

Try it without / (eventually you need it only from within the game)

Look at this (the syntax section):

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Commands/op

And also this:

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/303358/my-name-includes-space-how-do-i-enter-my-username-when-typing-command

5 minutes ago, Twisted said:

Thank you for the links. I get the same errors on the console and in game. I'm stuck on this one.

Ingame can't work beacause you have to op you first in the serverconsole.

I think there must be also a op.txt or json or something like this.

If it's empty you aren't op.

Try to restart the container and try again.

Try to change your name to something without a space ifmpossible.

For the life of me I can not get an ARK server to be visible on the Steam server list. I can see and connect to my server on LAN. I have searched this topic and Google but just can't get it to be visible.

My server sits behind a pfSense router and I have the ports open.
image.thumb.png.f97abbd553b5496b76f231f469c84dd6.png

The docker is setup with default settings the only thing I changed is to add ?serverPVE=True. However, no network information is shown under port mappings. I have also tried this with the default "Bridge" network type, it did show network mappings but still had the same problem. I could connect on LAN but it wouldn't show in Steam

image.thumb.png.d68568e9b4dbe80a37479f24225e8797.png

This is what it shows in the log when the server starts.
image.png.d537f6d05c750bb7c5952e5fd81c353d.png

Any help getting this working would be appreciated. Also, is a dedicated Steam account needed? I setup the server without an account because it wouldn't download the server if I had my account credentials in the docker settings.