[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

8 hours ago, Mobious said:

For the life of me I can not get an ARK server to be visible on the Steam server list. I can see and connect to my server on LAN. I have searched this topic and Google but just can't get it to be visible.

My server sits behind a pfSense router and I have the ports open.

The docker is setup with default settings the only thing I changed is to add ?serverPVE=True. However, no network information is shown under port mappings. I have also tried this with the default "Bridge" network type, it did show network mappings but still had the same problem. I could connect on LAN but it wouldn't show in Steam

This is what it shows in the log when the server starts.

Any help getting this working would be appreciated. Also, is a dedicated Steam account needed? I setup the server without an account because it wouldn't download the server if I had my account credentials in the docker settings.

From what I've see in the logs the server is just running fine.

Have you tried to search it in the steam server browser woth your local ip and the query port (not the ingame one).

Have you also turned on private servers in the ingame server browser, also please note that you have to make it reachable from outside that it shows up in the ingame server browser (I think there ia a special startup paramater to make it lan visible only).

8 hours ago, Twisted said:

Tried to find an OP file and could not find one. I then tried to create one as well, with no luck.

Can you send me a message and i will give you an IP and try to OP you and we can also try the same on your server.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

From what I've see in the logs the server is just running fine.

Have you tried to search it in the steam server browser woth your local ip and the query port (not the ingame one).

Have you also turned on private servers in the ingame server browser, also please note that you have to make it reachable from outside that it shows up in the ingame server browser (I think there ia a special startup paramater to make it lan visible only).

Can you send me a message and i will give you an IP and try to OP you and we can also try the same on your server.

I searched the ARK wiki and added the following command line parameters. ?serverPVE=True?listen?alwaysNotifyPlayerJoined=True?alwaysNotifyPlayerLeft=True?AllowFlyerCarryPve=True. It's been up for about an hour now and the external ip still shows as not responding. I will DM you with the connection info.

37 minutes ago, Mobious said:

I searched the ARK wiki and added the following command line parameters. ?serverPVE=True?listen?alwaysNotifyPlayerJoined=True?alwaysNotifyPlayerLeft=True?AllowFlyerCarryPve=True. It's been up for about an hour now and the external ip still shows as not responding. I will DM you with the connection info.

Try to set the parameters back to default, eventually there is an error...

The ?list? command looks suspicious.

As I said I see the game in the Steam server browser and will try later to connect...

Just now, Mobious said:

Do you mean the ?listen command? It is listed in the ARK wiki and says it is required for multiplayer servers. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

The server works OOB without adding anything. the ?listen? command is already applied in the container by default.

Please try it with the default settings, have you even tried to connect with the default settings?

This is the startup command: Click

I try to make the containers to use easy as possible without adding anything to it.

• Like 1

Hi @ich777 - I am just in the process of downloading the server files for an Ark Survival dedicated server but during the docker installation it failed because one of the ports was already reserved - it was the "UDP Steam" port which defaulted to 27015 but I was (am) already using this port for my 7 Days to Die server and so I've changed it to be 27016 - will this still work or do I need to do something different?

Just now, stevep94 said:

Hi @ich777 - I am just in the process of downloading the server files for an Ark Survival dedicated server but during the docker installation it failed because one of the ports was already reserved - it was the "UDP Steam" port which defaulted to 27015 but I was (am) already using this port for my 7 Days to Die server and so I've changed it to be 27016 - will this still work or do I need to do something different?

You have to delete the entry and create a new UDP one with the container and the host port set to 27016 and you have to set it in your settings file to 27016 or you do it like that:

grafik.png.4b6118a14bd6d0dc7318e4db5529f36d.png

(simply add '?QueryPort=27016' without quotes, this should do the trick)

You have to delete and create a new entry because Steam query ports doesn't work if you map it from one to another port, they have to be the same...

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to delete the entry and create a new UDP one with the container and the host port set to 27016 and you have to set it in your settings file to 27016 or you do it like that:

grafik.png.4b6118a14bd6d0dc7318e4db5529f36d.png

(simply add '?QueryPort=27016' without quotes, this should do the trick)

You have to delete and create a new entry because Steam query ports doesn't work if you map it from one to another port, they have to be the same...

I deleted the 27015 entry and added a new container port for 27016 and I have also now added the "?QueryPort=27016" as shown in your message and updated the container.

Is there a "server settings file" that I can edit to set the server preferences? (to name the server, set a password etc) - the 7DtD server has a serverconfig.xml to set this sort of stuff?

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think it is 'GameUserSettings.ini', see here: Click

Link doesn't work for me?

I've located a file called "GameUserSettings.ini" in the folder ark-se/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer - is this the right one?

If it is I've had a look at it and while there is a field for ServerPassword, I can't see anywhere to name my actual server!?!? - Any ideas?

Also, in terms of forwarding the right ports in my router, the only ports I can see in the docker container are 27020 (TCP), 7777 (UDP), 7778 (UDP) and the amended 27016 (UDP) - do all of these need forwarding in my router??

Thanks....

Just now, stevep94 said:

Link doesn't work for me?

I've located a file called "GameUserSettings.ini" in the folder ark-se/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer - is this the right one?

If it is I've had a look at it and while there is a field for ServerPassword, I can't see anywhere to name my actual server!?!? - Any ideas?

Also, in terms of forwarding the right ports in my router, the only ports I can see in the docker container are 27020 (TCP), 7777 (UDP), 7778 (UDP) and the amended 27016 (UDP) - do all of these need forwarding in my router??

Thanks....

For me it does work fine: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration#GameUserSettings.ini

I think this should be the right one, please note that these are completely game specific questions and since I don't play ARK I can't answer them but what I know for sure is that you have to add the values (there are plenty of them that are not in by default).

Yes all of them, also a game specific question, please try if the link again... all answers are in there...

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

For me it does work fine: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration#GameUserSettings.ini

I think this should be the right one, please note that these are completely game specific questions and since I don't play ARK I can't answer them but what I know for sure is that you have to add the values (there are plenty of them that are not in by default).

Yes all of them, also a game specific question, please try if the link again... all answers are in there...

Great stuff - many thanks! (my VPN was stopping the page loading for some reason!)

I'll have a read through - thanks again for all of you efforts!

• Like 1

I think I've done the ini file correctly (there was a superb link to creating a new ini file on that page you linked!) - we've made the necessary amendments and replaced the ini file but so far have been unable to find the server in the in-game server list!?!?

I've opened ports 27020, 7777, 7778 and 27016 (both TCP and UDP)

Any ideas @ich777 ??

Just now, stevep94 said:

I think I've done the ini file correctly (there was a superb link to creating a new ini file on that page you linked!) - we've made the necessary amendments and replaced the ini file but so far have been unable to find the server in the in-game server list!?!?

I've opened ports 27020, 7777, 7778 and 27016 (both TCP and UDP)

Any ideas @ich777 ??

Are you sure that you ticked the right boxes (private servers...) can you send me a private message with the IP so that I can try to connect?

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure that you ticked the right boxes (private servers...) can you send me a private message with the IP so that I can try to connect?

I've got the in-game search set to look for "Unofficial Servers" - I couldn't see anything that mentions private - let alone a way to search by IP address? (not sure how to send a PM by the way or what IP address you'd need!)

Just now, stevep94 said:

I've got the in-game search set to look for "Unofficial Servers" - I couldn't see anything that mentions private - let alone a way to search by IP address? (not sure how to send a PM by the way or what IP address you'd need!)

Is your server not reachable from outside (your Ip to the outside world, by default it has to be reachable from outside otherwise it won't show up)?

Do you find it in the Steam server browser (View -> Server then click on Favourites then on Add Server then enter your IP:27016 click ok and then lastly click on Refresh).

You can send me a message if you click on my name and then private message.

5 hours ago, Mobious said:

Do you mean the ?listen command? It is listed in the ARK wiki and says it is required for multiplayer servers. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

image.thumb.png.6e6afb4f4068d1dea1fb2d7717a760ee.png

Hi @Mobious - Did you manage to get your Ark server working? I've been having a go this afternoon and I can it to show in the server list and can connect but whenever I start/restart the docker container, the GameUserSettings.ini file in ask-se/Shootergame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer seems to reset itself back to the default settings?

I used the ini file creator here and no matter how much I overwrite the original file, it simply refuses to stay with the settings on my created file!?!? (in fact the two .ini files are very different in terms of content!)

28 minutes ago, skumse said:

When trying to get the Project Zomboid server to run, I keep getting this error in the log:

---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/ProjectZomboid64': No such file or directory

What am I missing?

What Unraid version are you running?

Have you a cache drive installed in your server?

You need to specify the real path to your installation not '/mnt/user/appdata/...' the right path is '/mnt/cache/appdata/...' or '/mnt/disk3/appdata/...' depending on where the gamefiles are.

I also downloaded the container and installed it on my Unraid server and it starts and runs perfectly fine.

Oh I forgot have you entered Steam credentials? If so delete them, you only have to enter the fields are marked as required.

I attached the log of a full startup of the container:

ProjectZomboid.log

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

What Unraid version are you running?

Version: 6.8.3

Have you a cache drive installed in your server?

Yes. A pool of two SSDs as cache.

You need to specify the real path to your installation not '/mnt/user/appdata/...' the right path is '/mnt/cache/appdata/...' or '/mnt/disk3/appdata/...' depending on where the gamefiles are.

Server files are in '/mnt/cache/appdata/projectzomboid'

(Steamcmd is in '/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd' though. Not sure if that matters?)

Oh I forgot have you entered Steam credentials? If so delete them, you only have to enter the fields are marked as required.

I did not. I might have tried it the first time, but I since removed and re-installed the docker as part of my troubleshooting, and have not used steam credentials since.

The docker is running, according to Unraid, but I cannot connect to it, and as mentioned, the docker log just ends in this (no errors or warnings, otherwise):

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Success! App '108600' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Setting up Environment---
---Looking for server configuration file---
---Server configuration files found!---
---Checking for old logs---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/ProjectZomboid64': No such file or directory

Edited by skumse
Just now, skumse said:

The dockers is running, according to Unraid, but I cannot connect to it, and as mentioned, the docker log just ends in this (no errors or warnings, otherwise):

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Success! App '108600' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Setting up Environment---
---Looking for server configuration file---
---Server configuration files found!---
---Checking for old logs---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

The error message at the bottom tells you that the container can't find the executable, you are right the container is running but the gameserver inside of it not.

Please also try to remove the created folder for the container inside your appdata directory.

First stop the container remove it and then delete the 'projectzomboid' folder from your appdata directory and after that redownload it from the CA App.

Are you sure that your appdata directory at the share settings is set to Use Cache Only or Prefer? Otherwise the files will be transfered to your array and that's not the physical path to the gamefiles.

Another thing you can try is to set the path from /mnt/cache/appdata/... to /mnt/user/appdata/... (but I think this will not work since this game needs the physical path to the gamefiles otherwise your error occours).

Btw only the server files needs the physical path SteamCMD works fine if you use /mnt/user/appdata/...

15 minutes ago, skumse said:

I'm in the process of running through your suggestions, but one thing that I wondered, was... Whenever I reinstall the docker image, the GAME_ID is 380870, but according to https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Dedicated_Servers_List   it should be 108600 (?), and as such, I have been using this ID every time. Not sure if it's even relevant, though.

Have you even seen my logs?

The server works just fine and please look here:

https://steamdb.info/app/380870/

This is totaly a problem that the container can't find the files because it's not pointed to the right physical location.

EDIT: if you lookup 108600 this is the game itself.

The page that you've linked is not always up to date.

EDIT2: i now see what you've done you changed the game id to 108600 that's the problem.

Please note that all my containers are ready to play and you don't have to change anything.

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The page that you've linked is not always up to date.

EDIT2: i now see what you've done you changed the game id to 108600 that's the problem.

Please note that all my containers are ready to play and you don't have to change anything.

Ahh. Makes sense.  I'm sorry for the confusion, then.

I guess that Igot so focused on checking every parameter, that this number-discrepancy threw me for a ride. :(

• Like 1