[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

9 hours ago, BadCo. said:

Just to be sure, I have read through all the Squad Dedicated Server documentation on the wiki, and tried searching for the warnings, but haven't found anything related.

As you wrote, these are warnings and not errors.

Not read all of them but most game servers are some sort of stripped down versions of the game and the all warn about not having a GUI, input methodes,...

36 minutes ago, t33j4y said:

Umm... huh? Version not available?

1073872503_Screenshot2020-10-01at19_19_32.thumb.png.e58d9acbdbcc4cd4384d8ae3f3b934b1.png

Try to enable the advanced settings on the docker page and force an update.

EDIT: Also this is not trivial since the container handles the updates and the container itself must not be updated or better speaking I only update it if something isn't working in the startup script because the ARK devs changed something or I update the baseimage.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Try to enable the advanced settings on the docker page and force an update.

EDIT: Also this is not trivial since the container handles the updates and the container itself must not be updated or better speaking I only update it if something isn't working in the startup script because the ARK devs changed something or I update the baseimage.

Went into the advanced settings and tweaked a password setting to trigger an update. It re-did the container, but still shows up with no version number. Strange.

5 minutes ago, t33j4y said:

Went into the advanced settings and tweaked a password setting to trigger an update. It re-did the container, but still shows up with no version number. Strange.

No not there... :D

On the docker page there is a switch on the upper right corner that says 'Basic View' click on it and it enables 'Advanced View' now you got a blue text under it that's saying 'force update' click on that and Unraid will force an update of the container.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No not there... :D

On the docker page there is a switch on the upper right corner that says 'Basic View' click on it and it enables 'Advanced View' now you got a blue text under it that's saying 'force update' click on that and Unraid will force an update of the container.

Ah!! Stupid me!

That did the trick!

Thank you so much - it was messing with my OCD :D

• Like 1

Hi guys

I've been trying to create an Astroneer server in docker and having no luck. I've never setup a SteamCMD server before. I've tried using ich777's csgo docker as a template to an extent but learning quickly that I might be in a little over my head. Is there any guides on setting up SteamCMD servers and what variables I need? Any help would be great :)

Or would it just be easier for me to request an Astroneer docker from ich777?

27 minutes ago, MEEXXX said:

I've been trying to create an Astroneer server in docker and having no luck. I've never setup a SteamCMD server before. I've tried using ich777's csgo docker as a template to an extent but learning quickly that I might be in a little over my head. Is there any guides on setting up SteamCMD servers and what variables I need? Any help would be great :)

Yep, I'm also waiting on that game to drop for Linux...

27 minutes ago, MEEXXX said:

Or would it just be easier for me to request an Astroneer docker from ich777?

I will do a container for that game but only if they release it for Linux.

Since the dedicated server is released only for Windows it's nearly impossible to do it on Linux since they use so much Windows librarys that the game won't run or won't run right on Linux.

Tried already creating one with WINE but without any luck.

EDIT: If they release a dedicated server verison for the game feel free to contact me again.

Statement from the devs:

We don't currently have a linux version of the dedicated server software

• Like 1

Hello, I just updated minecraft container to the latest version and from that point forward my server doesn't start:
Each time container is started: instead of launching provided jar file - the jar file gets deleted and as result masterlog ends up containing only one entry:
Error: Unable to access jarfile /serverdata/serverfiles/forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2847-universal.jar

Even if i try copy jar file when container is started, at next retry jar file gets deleted again causing the same result.
Whats happening? can I somehow downgrade the version to previous one?

Edited by Viki
26 minutes ago, Viki said:

Hello, I just updated minecraft container to the latest version and from that point forward my server doesn't start

Nothing changed, I just updated it because i created a ARM64 and a ARMhf version of the container.

27 minutes ago, Viki said:

Error: Unable to access jarfile /serverdata/serverfiles/forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2847-universal.jar

Wouldn't it be better to rename the forge file to just 'forge' and not the whole version number?

28 minutes ago, Viki said:

Even if i try copy jar file when container is started, at next retry jar file gets deleted again causing the same result.

The container doesn't delete something on it's own, when something is deleted Forge itself has to do it.

Can you provide a screenshot of your template page in Unraid?

Have you set the GAME_VERSION to 'custom'?

• I did tried renaming it to forge.jar but got same deletion/outcome (Error: Unable to access jarfile /serverdata/serverfiles/forge.jar).
    • Having version names are more convenient for me when juggling with multiple instances and renaming them its just additional unnecessary step. And in this case it helped me identify which version of jar I could copy over again without rebuilding whole server.
  • It's the first time I'm hearing about GAME_VERSION variable, added it now manually, but outcome was the same.
  • container also seems to always download server.jar. (not sure if this behavior is intended)
  • Screen-shot attached.

mci2.png

Edited by Viki
10 minutes ago, Viki said:
  • I did tried renaming it to forge.jar but got same deletion/outcome (Error: Unable to access jarfile /serverdata/serverfiles/forge.jar).
    • Having version names are more convenient for me when juggling with multiple instances and renaming them its just additional unnecessary step. And in this case it helped me identify which version of jar I could copy over again without rebuilding whole server.
  • It's the first time I'm hearing about GAME_VERSION variable, added it now manually, but outcome was the same.
  • container also seems to always download server.jar. (not sure if this behavior is intended)
  • Screen-shot attached.

Created a new template a few months ago.

Sorry my bad it's GAME_V

I changed a little thing in the dockerfile now it should work again as intended.

Please force an update of the container (turn on 'Advanced View' on the Docker page on the upper right corner and press 'force update' at the container).

EDIT: Btw thank you for reporting that! ;)

Looking for a way to get ARKSurvivalEvolved Docker setup to run multiple maps.  Currently I have two instances of the docker up and running.  The first map has been up and running for quite some time without any problems.  Now when setting up the second docker for another map I cannot seem to connect to it.  Took me quite a while just to get both instances visible on the in game server browser at the same time.  Now they are both visible but when I try to connect to the second map I get a connection timeout or lost connection error.  I am using different ports for each server and have those ports forwarded to my server in my router.

Not sure what I'm missing but was wondering if anyone had a guide to setting up cluster servers using the ARKSurvivalEvolved Docker.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 minutes ago, DBone-Unraid said:

Looking for a way to get ARKSurvivalEvolved Docker setup to run multiple maps.  Currently I have two instances of the docker up and running.  The first map has been up and running for quite some time without any problems.  Now when setting up the second docker for another map I cannot seem to connect to it.  Took me quite a while just to get both instances visible on the in game server browser at the same time.  Now they are both visible but when I try to connect to the second map I get a connection timeout or lost connection error.  I am using different ports for each server and have those ports forwarded to my server in my router.

Not sure what I'm missing but was wondering if anyone had a guide to setting up cluster servers using the ARKSurvivalEvolved Docker.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How have you done the port change (since you can't multiple containers with the same IP on the same ports)? Have you deleted the ports and created new ones and also changed the server ports in the GAME_PARAMS and in your settings file?

The ports of these game servers doesn't like it if they are translate from one to another port.

Actually yes there was a discussion in this thread a while ago about clustering (simply click on search enter 'cluster' and select 'this topic'):

This Post should give you a good starting point (don't know exactly if you have to click forward or backwards (I personally don't use ARK anymore and also not in this config)... :D

I've been troubleshooting this on and off for the past 2 weeks. would love to work it out by myself but am turning here for help in the end.

I'm new to pfsense so I assumed it was an issue with my knowledge there, but I think it's down to checking that the docker is working on my end properly. I'm having some issues getting the server connected from external IP's. I'm sure it's a port issue. I can access the game if I use the local address 192.168.0.101:26900, but can't using the external one.

Using the diagnostics from the router it seems the docker isn't actually listening on port 26901/26092/26093/27015. Is that right?

I opened the ports listed in this wiki page: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/7_Days_to_Die_Dedicated_Server#Firewall_Ports as I couldn't find anything concrete specific to the docker container, and it correlates with the container ports

Screenshot_2020-10-04 Tower UpdateContainer.png

Screenshot_2020-10-04 pfSense local lan - Firewall NAT Port Forward.pngScreenshot_2020-10-04 pfSense local lan - Diagnostics Test Port(1).pngScreenshot_2020-10-04 Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router.pngScreenshot_2020-10-04 pfSense local lan - Diagnostics Test Port(2).pngScreenshot_2020-10-04 pfSense local lan - Diagnostics Test Port.pngScreenshot_2020-10-04 Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router(1).png

output_log.txt

Edited by tuna83
3 hours ago, tuna83 said:

I've been troubleshooting this on and off for the past 2 weeks. would love to work it out by myself but am turning here for help in the end.

I'm new to pfsense so I assumed it was an issue with my knowledge there, but I think it's down to checking that the docker is working on my end properly. I'm having some issues getting the server connected from external IP's. I'm sure it's a port issue. I can access the game if I use the local address 192.168.0.101:26900, but can't using the external one.

Using the diagnostics from the router it seems the docker isn't actually listening on port 26901/26092/26093/27015. Is that right?

I opened the ports listed in this wiki page: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/7_Days_to_Die_Dedicated_Server#Firewall_Ports as I couldn't find anything concrete specific to the docker container, and it correlates with the container ports

output_log.txt 23.29 kB · 0 downloads

Is it possible that your ISP blocks some ports?

It's better to test it with the Steam Server Browser since you can also type in your public IP and the port like: '123.123.123.123:27015'.

If you can reach it from your local network and connect to it then there is a problem with pfSense (something like NAT reflection or something I thinkg, can't rembember exactly).

Have you also tried it from a remote computer that is not inside your local network?

On 9/29/2020 at 6:36 AM, ich777 said:

As you wrote, these are warnings and not errors.

Not read all of them but most game servers are some sort of stripped down versions of the game and the all warn about not having a GUI, input methodes,...

Found the problem, NAT reflection for anyone else not able to view their dedicated servers on the same network.

In pfsense, I set the port forward rules to be 'Pure'

https://paste.hardnet.nz/?1cbf9acb427e7875#2RAEoCYZMZz8kzuv9Qg286gQSQKNEmKZgAHq3ScBRXQx

• Like 1
On 10/3/2020 at 9:57 AM, ich777 said:

How have you done the port change (since you can't multiple containers with the same IP on the same ports)? Have you deleted the ports and created new ones and also changed the server ports in the GAME_PARAMS and in your settings file?

The ports of these game servers doesn't like it if they are translate from one to another port.

Actually yes there was a discussion in this thread a while ago about clustering (simply click on search enter 'cluster' and select 'this topic'):

This Post should give you a good starting point (don't know exactly if you have to click forward or backwards (I personally don't use ARK anymore and also not in this config)... :D

Thank you for the response.  Yes I did delete the ports and enter new ones.  After that I was only able to see 1 server at a time and when I hit the refresh button on the in game server browser it would toggle between the two servers only showing 1 at a time.  When I tried to start the other server with a completely different map it loaded up the original server and map. 

In order for me to see both servers at the same time I had to put the ports in the Game Parameters line but then I just deleted them from the template all together, didn't think to try putting them in the template and having them in the game parameters.  I will give that a try next and check out that other post.

For the "SteamCMD" setting, I should be able to use the same directory for all my servers correct?  Do I need to use a different directory for the "ServerFiles" setting or can all my servers use the same directory?

Thanks again for your help and keep up the good work!

On 9/13/2020 at 9:07 AM, ich777 said:

Yes, this has removed the management console.

The managememt window was only a bonus with the windows version (the old version of the container).

I think there is no management window in the limux version (could also be wrong).

@DSandyGuy eventually @Spectral Force can help? I'm not too familar with ARK and mods...

I'm very late to the party, haven't been checking the forums but I've never run an Ark server.  7DTD is my area.

11 hours ago, DBone-Unraid said:

For the "SteamCMD" setting, I should be able to use the same directory for all my servers correct?  Do I need to use a different directory for the "ServerFiles" setting or can all my servers use the same directory?

I think there is a missunderstanding, yes it's true that you can use the same directory for SteamCMD but...

You have to use different folders for ServerFiles (on the HOST) otherwise the config get's always overwritten and the second container will always grab the files from the first container and vice versa...

5 hours ago, Spectral Force said:

I'm very late to the party, haven't been checking the forums but I've never run an Ark server.  7DTD is my area.

No problem here, did I mention you in a wrong post?

Sorry about that...