[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think there is a missunderstanding, yes it's true that you can use the same directory for SteamCMD but...

You have to use different folders for ServerFiles (on the HOST) otherwise the config get's always overwritten and the second container will always grab the files from the first container and vice versa...

No problem here, did I mention you in a wrong post?

Sorry about that...

Im also trying to make this work.

• So far i have setup another docker with the same SteamCMD directory and for the server files they are under SteamCMD/ArkSurvival/ArkSurvivalValguero/ -And- SteamCMD/ArkSurvival/ArkSurvivalCrystalIsles/, etc...
  • I have setup new ports within the docker, Deleting UDP 1 and making a new one
    • Using 7780 for UDP 2
    • Using 7779 for UDP 1 (this is the only one i deleted and remade)
    • Using 27016 for UDP Steam
    • Using 27021 for RCON TCP
    • All the Container ports are set to the defaults, only changing the host ports as it looks like Unraid is assigning different internal IPs to the different dockers (Not sure if this is correct?)
  • I changed the RCONPort in GameUserSettings.ini to match 27021
  • I cant seem to find any game settings file that holds the actual game port of 7777 or 7778

The server seems to start fine when looking at the logs and i can see it in the steam game browser, and the ark server browser but when i try to connect it times out. Not sure what i messed up here but i would appreciate any help you guys might have!

4 minutes ago, cwrivers said:

All the Container ports are set to the defaults, only changing the host ports as it looks like Unraid is assigning different internal IPs to the different dockers (Not sure if this is correct?)

Nope, this is not correct, this is why you get the timeout error. The gameports especially the steamports don't like it when the translated from lets say 27015 to 27016 or something else.

You have to delete them and create new ones and also change the ports in your configuration.

Another thing you can do is that you change the network mode from 'bridge' to 'custom' and assign every container a static IP in your local network, if you do it like this you can leave the ports as they are.

7 minutes ago, cwrivers said:

So far i have setup another docker with the same SteamCMD directory and for the server files they are under SteamCMD/ArkSurvival/ArkSurvivalValguero/ -And- SteamCMD/ArkSurvival/ArkSurvivalCrystalIsles/, etc...

Don't understand this.

Your SteamCMD folder is on the host on /mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd and then the other directories should be in /mnt/user/appdata/ark1, ark2,... (or whatever).

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Nope, this is not correct, this is why you get the timeout error. The gameports especially the steamports don't like it when the translated from lets say 27015 to 27016 or something else.

You have to delete them and create new ones and also change the ports in your configuration.

Another thing you can do is that you change the network mode from 'bridge' to 'custom' and assign every container a static IP in your local network, if you do it like this you can leave the ports as they are.

Thanks for the speedy reply!!!

Im trying the custom network setting and seeing if that works with the server that has been running. I like that idea much better anyway.

If i set the other servers up this way, what would my port forwarding look like?

How would i forward the same port to multiple IPs? Or would they just stay the same? All ports forwarded to the main unraid server?

Forgive me here, i have never used the custom network settings.

Don't understand this.

Your SteamCMD folder is on the host on /mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd and then the other directories should be in /mnt/user/appdata/ark1, ark2,... (or whatever).

The way this formatted in the post looks goofy, hopefully thats all thats wrong with it.

This is the server that has been running

/serverdata/steamcmd/   <>   mnt/disks/SSD_500/SteamCMD/
/serverdata/serverfiles/   <>   mnt/disks/SSD_500/SteamCMD/ArkSurvival/ArkSurvivalValguero

This is the server that im trying to get to run

/serverdata/steamcmd/   <>   mnt/disks/SSD_500/SteamCMD/
/serverdata/serverfiles/   <>   mnt/disks/SSD_500/SteamCMD/ArkSurvival/ArkSurvivalCrystalIsles

1 minute ago, cwrivers said:

/serverdata/serverfiles/   <>   mnt/disks/SSD_500/SteamCMD/ArkSurvival/ArkSurvivalValguero

This should be:

/serverdata/serverfiles/   <>   mnt/disks/SSD_500/ArkSurvival/ArkSurvivalValguero

/serverdata/serverfiles/   <>   mnt/disks/SSD_500/ArkSurvival/ArkSurvivalCrystalIsles

OOB it's also not in the SteamCMD directory...

2 minutes ago, cwrivers said:

Im trying the custom network setting and seeing if that works with the server that has been running.

If you try it with this option you don't have to expose the ports again, the container has then all ports exposed. ;)

9 minutes ago, cwrivers said:

How would i forward the same port to multiple IPs?

Like you did it with the Unraid IP but then you have to forward the IP's of the containers.

I think the only real issue is the steamport here, you have to set it in the config to another port otherwise it simply won't work.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This should be:

/serverdata/serverfiles/   <>   mnt/disks/SSD_500/ArkSurvival/ArkSurvivalValguero

/serverdata/serverfiles/   <>   mnt/disks/SSD_500/ArkSurvival/ArkSurvivalCrystalIsles

OOB it's also not in the SteamCMD directory...

Will this hurt anything? I like having the additional directory layer.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If you try it with this option you don't have to expose the ports again, the container has then all ports exposed. ;)

Like you did it with the Unraid IP but then you have to forward the IP's of the containers.

I think the only real issue is the steamport here, you have to set it in the config to another port otherwise it simply won't work.

I dont know if anyone outside the network will be able to connect, but somehow both servers are running right now, and i havent changed any settings in the router. Both servers are visible thru steam and ark.

As far as the steam port goes, do i only need to change that in the docker settings or is there a .ini file somewhere with it as well? That is the 20715 port right?

Just now, cwrivers said:

Will this hurt anything? I like having the additional directory layer.

Additional layer? :D

You dont have to put the files in the files because the files are in the files... :D :D

Or something like this...

If an update of SteamCMD is rolling out it could mess up your installation (but it's mostly unlikely but it can happen).

I dont know if anyone outside the network will be able to connect, but somehow both servers are running right now, and i havent changed any settings in the router. Both servers are visible thru steam and ark.

Can you also connect to it?

As far as the steam port goes, do i only need to change that in the docker settings or is there a .ini file somewhere with it as well? That is the 20715 port right?

You can do it in the GameParams oder in the config (do it one way not both ;) )

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Additional layer? :D

You dont have to put the files in the files because the files are in the files... :D :D

Or something like this...

If an update of SteamCMD is rolling out it could mess up your installation (but it's mostly unlikely but it can happen).

Yo dawg i heard you like folders so we put folders in your folders so you can have folders in your folders... Like that? 🤣

Can you also connect to it?

Yeah i was able to connect and play on both, But i am also using the assigned IPs and both using port 27015

You can do it in the GameParams oder in the config (do it one way not both ;) )

Sorry for the circular conversation here.... Im irritating myself so i can only imagine how you're feeling right now...

You mention "in the config" are you talking in the docker template in the UDP Steam variable or a separate config file?

If i use the Game Parameters variable then the addition to it would look like this? "?Port=27015" (Without quotes ofc)

(Most of the servers i have set up are edited all in a config file somewhere and dont have to communicate with steam I.E. Minecraft)

I really do appreciate all the help here, if there was a way i could show my appreciation other than throwing trophies at your posts i would!

Yo dawg i heard you like folders so we put folders in your folders so you can have folders in your folders... Like that? 🤣

Yep a little like that... ;)

"in the config"

Is for me the config file itself (but don't ask me where it is in the ARK container - here you should find both ways Click).

3 minutes ago, cwrivers said:

If i use the Game Parameters variable then the addition to it would look like this? "?Port=27015" (Without quotes ofc)

Exactly.

4 minutes ago, cwrivers said:

(Most of the servers i have set up are edited all in a config file somewhere and dont have to communicate with steam I.E. Minecraft)

Yep, that's right but Steam has it's own 'thing' for that and are sometimes not available or reachable if those ports are not reachable from Steam itself (eventually ARK isn't such a game anymore).

5 minutes ago, cwrivers said:

I really do appreciate all the help here, if there was a way i could show my appreciation other than throwing trophies at your posts i would!

It's enough if you report me bugs or if something isn't working (with that many containers I can't test all on my own :D ).

I'm a one man developer show with, I think about 110 containers here... :P

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Is for me the config file itself (but don't ask me where it is in the ARK container - here you should find both ways Click).

That's the config file i couldn't find... Ill use the game params method.

It's enough if you report me bugs or if something isn't working (with that many containers I can't test all on my own :D ).

I'm a one man developer show with, I think about 110 containers here... :P

That's impressive! Ark is the only one that i am using so far, but considering how easy it was to setup the first time, ill definitely keep an eye out for any others i need that are authored by you.

This should get me on my way until i can get someone to test outside connectivity. Thanks again! You and your work are amazing!!

• Like 1

Hello, @ich777.

Thanks so much for the excellent MinecraftBasicServer docker for Unraid and all the great support you provide.

I have just installed the docker. I allowed it to run as instructed, then I stopped the docker and replaced the jar with the latest jar. I also copied my old minecraft world files into the folder including the server.properties file which points to that old world.

Lastly, I forwarded the ports (25565 and 25575) in my router.

The server appears to launch just fine.

When I look for the server in the Minecraft Launcher, I cannot find it.

I'm sure I just missed something simple. Is there a way for me to figure out what I missed?

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, kennelfort said:

I have just installed the docker. I allowed it to run as instructed, then I stopped the docker and replaced the jar with the latest jar. I also copied my old minecraft world files into the folder including the server.properties file which points to that old world.

Are you running vanilla Minecraft?

You don't have to replace the latest.jar if it's vanilla, the container will pull always the latest image that's availble. ;)

14 minutes ago, kennelfort said:

When I look for the server in the Minecraft Launcher, I cannot find it.

Have you got a log output? Can you reach it from your local network with 'YOURMINECRAFTSERVERIP:25565' and press join (Start the game and click on multiplayer and then on direct connection I think - could be a little different in english)?

If you can't reach it please post a picture of your minecraft server directory itself, and your template configuration in Unraid (eventually the log output).

Are you running vanilla Minecraft?

You don't have to replace the latest.jar if it's vanilla, the container will pull always the latest image that's availble. ;)

Have you got a log output? Can you reach it from your local network with 'YOURMINECRAFTSERVERIP:25565' and press join (Start the game and click on multiplayer and then on direct connection I think - could be a little different in english)?

If you can't reach it please post a picture of your minecraft server directory itself, and your template configuration in Unraid (eventually the log output).

Yes. Running vanilla Minecraft.

I replaced the jar because the launcher wasn't seeing the server and perhaps the update had failed.

Logs are attached. The TXT file is the Unraid Docker log output.

The other two are today's logs from \appdate\minecraft\logs

Let me know if you need anything else. FYI, this is a very old world I'm running. I think I ran it successfully with this docker last year, but honestly I can't recall if I ever got it running (too many things happened at once and I never got to play).

Thanks again.

Legolad Server Log.txt 2020-10-06-1.log.gz 2020-10-06-2.log.gz

16 minutes ago, kennelfort said:

Yes. Running vanilla Minecraft.

I replaced the jar because the launcher wasn't seeing the server and perhaps the update had failed.

Logs are attached. The TXT file is the Unraid Docker log output.

The other two are today's logs from \appdate\minecraft\logs

Let me know if you need anything else. FYI, this is a very old world I'm running. I think I ran it successfully with this docker last year, but honestly I can't recall if I ever got it running (too many things happened at once and I never got to play).

Thanks again.

The logs look good, eventually something else isnt working.

It can be also possilbe that if you don't update the world from version to version (better speaking skipping a few major version) something breaks.

Eventually you can send over your world and I try if I get it to work (if you need a place were you can upload the files please write me a PM).

Oh one thing, I don't connect to Multiplayer servers from the launcher (don't even know that this is possible... :D ) but try it with my methode above.

• Like 1

The logs look good, eventually something else isnt working.

It can be also possilbe that if you don't update the world from version to version (better speaking skipping a few major version) something breaks.

Eventually you can send over your world and I try if I get it to work (if you need a place were you can upload the files please write me a PM).

Oh one thing, I don't connect to Multiplayer servers from the launcher (don't even know that this is possible... :D ) but try it with my methode above.

Thank you very much. I will test a few more things and see if I can figure it out. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, cwrivers said:

That's the config file i couldn't find... Ill use the game params method.

That's impressive! Ark is the only one that i am using so far, but considering how easy it was to setup the first time, ill definitely keep an eye out for any others i need that are authored by you.

This should get me on my way until i can get someone to test outside connectivity. Thanks again! You and your work are amazing!!

Whelp i was wrong.... I still cant figure this out.

I set everything up on a custom network and was able to run 3 servers at the same time on my LAN and connect between all 3. But when my buddy tried to get on, he couldnt connect to any of them.

I changed all the ports to the following and he was connecting to my external IP using the UDP Steam port but his connection was timing out.

I also forwarded all the following ports to the corresponding IPs.

image.png.62672f47161735e276f0193f4a37d2d9.png

Im thinking that there is an issue not allowing external connections on the custom network? or what am i still missing?

8 hours ago, cwrivers said:

OK, so I am learning a lot here.  Thank you all so much for your input and hard work on this.  I understand the folders now so that is sorted out.  I like the idea of just doing a custom network setup and then just assigning a static IP to each Server Docker I want to setup, then I don't have to mess with changing the ports in the docker template or parameters.  My next problem is that if I leave the ports the same for each server I want to run my router will not let me forward the same port to multiple IP addresses.  How do I go about that or am I not quite fully understanding what you are saying?

Again, thank you so much for your help and advice, it is truly appreciated.

18 minutes ago, DBone-Unraid said:

OK, so I am learning a lot here.  Thank you all so much for your input and hard work on this.  I understand the folders now so that is sorted out.  I like the idea of just doing a custom network setup and then just assigning a static IP to each Server Docker I want to setup, then I don't have to mess with changing the ports in the docker template or parameters.  My next problem is that if I leave the ports the same for each server I want to run my router will not let me forward the same port to multiple IP addresses.  How do I go about that or am I not quite fully understanding what you are saying?

Again, thank you so much for your help and advice, it is truly appreciated.

I tried to do the custom network and separate IPs but no matter what i did for ports, none of the servers were accessible from outside the network. Just FYI.

Not sure what i did wrong but that was the result i got. Now im back to troubleshooting with everything on bridge network and not having much luck.

20 minutes ago, cwrivers said:

I tried to do the custom network and separate IPs but no matter what i did for ports, none of the servers were accessible from outside the network. Just FYI.

Not sure what i did wrong but that was the result i got. Now im back to troubleshooting with everything on bridge network and not having much luck.

Ok, I just had some success!

Here is what I did.

Server1 - Original server left this set to bridge and left all ports as default.  Forwarded the correct ports in my router to the unraid IP address (because of the bridge)

Server2 - The new server.  Set to custom network and gave it a static IP address on my network.  Completely removed all 4 ports in the docker template (using the "Remove" button so they no longer exist on the template).  In the Game Parameters I entered the ports I wanted it to use with this line:
?listen?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017

Went into my router and forwarded the correct ports to my new custom Static IP.  In my case they are:  7779, 7780, 27017 & 27021 for RCON

Added the following code to the appropriate sections in the file "ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/GameUserSettings.ini".  I don't know that this is necessary but I figured it wouldn't hurt.
Under [ServerSettings]:

RCONEnabled=True
RCONPort=27021

Under [SessionSettings]:

QueryPort=27017

I started both servers and went into ARK and was able to see both servers at the same time and successfully connected to each.

I was unable to test outside connections but this should work since my router is forwarding the correct ports to the proper IP addresses now.  Also, I did not test RCON to see if that works yet either, I'm just happy to have them both up and running and able to connect to them at this point.

Hope you are able to get yours working too!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DBone-Unraid said:

Ok, I just had some success!

Here is what I did.

Server1 - Original server left this set to bridge and left all ports as default.  Forwarded the correct ports in my router to the unraid IP address (because of the bridge)

Server2 - The new server.  Set to custom network and gave it a static IP address on my network.  Completely removed all 4 ports in the docker template (using the "Remove" button so they no longer exist on the template).  In the Game Parameters I entered the ports I wanted it to use with this line:
?listen?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017

Went into my router and forwarded the correct ports to my new custom Static IP.  In my case they are:  7779, 7780, 27017 & 27021 for RCON

Added the following code to the appropriate sections in the file "ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/GameUserSettings.ini".  I don't know that this is necessary but I figured it wouldn't hurt.
Under [ServerSettings]:

RCONEnabled=True
RCONPort=27021

Under [SessionSettings]:

QueryPort=27017

I started both servers and went into ARK and was able to see both servers at the same time and successfully connected to each.

I was unable to test outside connections but this should work since my router is forwarding the correct ports to the proper IP addresses now.  Also, I did not test RCON to see if that works yet either, I'm just happy to have them both up and running and able to connect to them at this point.

Hope you are able to get yours working too!

This is what i did to get it working. It works outside the network too. Apparently i needed to add the ports into the params as well as reassigning the ports in the variables.

Not sure if this helps but it worked for me!

Ark Settings.JPG

9 minutes ago, cwrivers said:

This is what i did to get it working. It works outside the network too. Apparently i needed to add the ports into the params as well as reassigning the ports in the variables.

Not sure if this helps but it worked for me!

Ark Settings.JPG

Sweet!  I was actually wondering if that was what I had to do but figured I would try the command line by itself first and since it is working I'm going to leave it alone.  I did test RCON and that is working too!

Thank you so much for creating this docker @ich777 and thank you @ich777 & @cwrivers and all others who contributed to this post to help get this working.  I truly appreciate it.  Keep up the great work!

Edited by DBone-Unraid
not finished typing
  • Like 1