[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 10/6/2020 at 4:48 PM, ich777 said:

The logs look good, eventually something else isnt working.

It can be also possilbe that if you don't update the world from version to version (better speaking skipping a few major version) something breaks.

Eventually you can send over your world and I try if I get it to work (if you need a place were you can upload the files please write me a PM).

Oh one thing, I don't connect to Multiplayer servers from the launcher (don't even know that this is possible... :D ) but try it with my methode above.

Hi @ich777,

Here is a quick update. I figured it out!!!!

My problem was I was thinking old school Minecraft launcher. It's been a while since I played regularly and this whole bedrock vs basic thing is new to me.

I had assumed there was only 1 minecraft launcher.

However, today I saw this in my GeForce Experience screen:

image.png.221e8543ba1ef7af798f72260f7c5dc8.png

I had been launching Minecraft from the Windows Start menu where I only have 1 listing and it does not say whether it is Java or Windows 10:

image.png.2f16a08679d66226a3b0337f7c104666.png

So when I saw these 2 listings in GeForce I launched them. The Windows 10 link opens the launcher that does not see the Minecraft Basic Docker.

But the Java link opens a different launcher that is specifically for Java servers. 

I had no idea the launchers could be different. *eyeroll*

Anyway, it's fixed. I can now play in my old world from your server and it's a beautiful thing!!!!

Thanks for all your help. I hope this helps others who - like me - don't really know what they are doing. 🙂

• Like 1

@ich777 Thank you for your work on this project! You should have some beverages on me. I started running an ARK for our local group, which quickly evolved into a server cluster, then I figured out and added the dynamic configuration capabilities and all is going well. I am in the process of cleaning up my
kludgy design to make it replicable by others. 

image.thumb.png.670e323778de8b402a239ea68f063c32.png

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Cyd said:

Thank you for your work on this project!

Appreciate that. ;)

1 hour ago, Cyd said:

I started running an ARK for our local group, which quickly evolved into a server cluster

Nice.

1 hour ago, Cyd said:

I am in the process of cleaning up my
kludgy design to make it replicable by others. 

That would be cool if you could make a tutorial or something how to do that since I'm not very familar with ARK clustering and can't help anyone with such a problem or question... :P

Pardon my newbiness here, web searches haven't been useful (probably am not searching with the right criteria), Is there a way to add an expansion to a game that is supported here?

I have Conan Exiles running on UNRAID (it works amazingly btw, thank you so much for this), however at some point I'd like to also host an Isle of Siptah (expansion to Conan Exiles) server on my UNRAID box as well. This may not be possible to implement, if it is no worries, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks again for all the hard work you put in getting these game servers up! Love lanning games with the wife!

Edited by metabyte
5 minutes ago, metabyte said:

Pardon my newbiness here, web searches haven't been useful (probably am not searching with the right criteria), Is there a way to add an expansion to a game that is supported here?

I have Conan Exiles running on UNRAID (it works amazingly btw, thank you so much for this), however at some point I'd like to also host an Isle of Siptah (expansion to Conan Exiles) server on my UNRAID box as well. This may not be possible to implement, if it is no worries, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks again for all the hard work you put in getting these game servers up! Love lanning games with the wife!

Should be possible. But I don't know what that exactly is... :D
I don't play that game personally...

You can install something extra to the game yes but have you got somewhere a tutorial how to do that on a dedicated server?
If yes I can look into it and give you a basic explanation how to do that.

The containers are not different than other linux servers except for the path's and variables.

Is there anyone that could give me a hand with the Left4Dead2 container? I'm trying to get things set up properly, but I have about 0 XP with linux and can't really find a good tutorial on how to get this running. The logs are showing me this as of now:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '222860' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 222860
Using breakpad crash handler
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.
Using breakpad crash handler
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 550

Help please!

7 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

Is there anyone that could give me a hand with the Left4Dead2 container?

Here I am... :D

8 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

This line tells you that the server is running and waiting for connections. ;)

8 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

0 XP with linux and can't really find a good tutorial on how to get this running.

With my containers you don't have to have thens of thousands of XP, the containers are click and play (basically). ;)

The container is now basically running as I said above.

Have you changed anything in the template? Can you see it from the SteamServer browser?

58 minutes ago, Remy Lind said:

Hey,

Could you make a container with RLCraft dedicated server for Minecraft?

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/rlcraft/files

Thanks.

You can do that yourself, I designed the MinecraftBasicServer in that way that you can install any ModServer yourself and run it.

Download Forge, go to your template and change 'server' to the name of your forge jar that you have to place in the minecraftbasicserver folder and start up the container, now you are running a custom version of Minecraft. ;)

I would strongly recommend that you redownload the template from the CA App and name it differently like 'Minecraft-Forge-Server' and also change the path on your Unraid server from /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraftbasicserver to something like /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraftforgeserver

Hey ich777,

After installing the Insurgency Sandstorm container, I can't seem to find the config files.

The NWI documentation states the configs should be in "Linux: Insurgency/Saved/Config/LinuxServer" but the only folder I have in there is CrashReportClient.

Any tips?

54 minutes ago, BadCo. said:

Hey ich777,

After installing the Insurgency Sandstorm container, I can't seem to find the config files.

The NWI documentation states the configs should be in "Linux: Insurgency/Saved/Config/LinuxServer" but the only folder I have in there is CrashReportClient.

Any tips?

Someone set up a tutorial on how to host a server: Click

There are also the configfiles in there ;)

Since my container is doing all from the command line (you set it basically in the template) it doesn't need to create the files. :)

On 10/10/2020 at 12:13 AM, Cyd said:

We are going to start with getting -UseDynamicConfig working and talking to our config file rather than the Official one out at http://arkdedicated.com/dynamicconfig.ini , I know it feels like that should come last but bear with me.

First we have a simple http server running by itself serving up the "dynamicconfig.ini" on port 80 on its container, this is mapped out to the host on 8080 and is not really needed but makes it easy to take a quick glance at tower:8080 to see what the settings are. I ran this container first so that it would receive a predictable IP address (172.17.0.2:80) that is then used in the configurations of the remaining containers to add an entry to the hosts file (--add-host=arkdedicated.com:172.17.0.2) so that requests to http://arkdedicated.com/dynamicconfig.ini in the game servers are pointed to the container running at 172.17.0.2. If you don't want or care to use the dynamic configs, omit the ARK0 container and remove -UseDynamicConfig from the "Extra Game Parameters" of all subsequent ARK's you deploy.

Hey there,

first thank u a lot for sharing ur xml files and also ich777 for all the Docker containers. They helped me extremly. Going crazy for 2 days cause i could not get multiple servers running.

But now to my question. How can i change the dynamicconfig.ini? If i want a higher harvesting rate for example. If i want to save it, i cant overwrite the existing one. 

Second how can i add Mods now? do i need to write into every GameUserSettings "ActiveMods=849372965,895711211,1831041877,1891446920,1999447172" or is there an easier option for that?

On 10/15/2020 at 8:07 AM, ich777 said:

Here I am... :D

This line tells you that the server is running and waiting for connections. ;)

With my containers you don't have to have thens of thousands of XP, the containers are click and play (basically). ;)

The container is now basically running as I said above.

Have you changed anything in the template? Can you see it from the SteamServer browser?

Hey,

sorry for the late reply back to you. I was able to get everything running. I confirmed that I can connect locally (I can easily get external access working). Now what I'm trying to accomplish is get some custom maps downloaded. Specifically this particular map/addon:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2032670332

I tried running this command:
"force_install_dir "/serverdata/serverfiles/lef4dead2/maps" +workshop_download_item 222860 2032670332"

After I did this I was prompted with this error:

"/data/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (4312) : Assertion Failed: m_vecInstallBaseFolders.Count() > 0"

What would be the best way to get that workshop item added to the dedicated server container?

On 10/16/2020 at 8:10 AM, ich777 said:

You can do that yourself, I designed the MinecraftBasicServer in that way that you can install any ModServer yourself and run it.

Download Forge, go to your template and change 'server' to the name of your forge jar that you have to place in the minecraftbasicserver folder and start up the container, now you are running a custom version of Minecraft. ;)

I would strongly recommend that you redownload the template from the CA App and name it differently like 'Minecraft-Forge-Server' and also change the path on your Unraid server from /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraftbasicserver to something like /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraftforgeserver

Thanks for that. I also ended up manually creating admin config and map rotation.

5 hours ago, Morikami said:

But now to my question. How can i change the dynamicconfig.ini? If i want a higher harvesting rate for example. If i want to save it, i cant overwrite the existing one. 

Second how can i add Mods now? do i need to write into every GameUserSettings "ActiveMods=849372965,895711211,1831041877,1891446920,1999447172" or is there an easier option for that?

Sorry you have to wait for @Cyd since I'm not very into ARK modding, I'm sure he can help ;)

4 hours ago, ss1gohan13 said:

What would be the best way to get that workshop item added to the dedicated server container?

Actually really simple, open a console for the container and type ine '$USER' then the command line prompt should say that you be steam (something like steam@VARIOUSNUMBERSANDLETTERS) and then do this:

'${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +workshop_download_item 222860 2032670332 +quit'

(without quotes)

Then it should start to download it.

(Quick explanation: ${STEAMCMD_DIR} is a variable handed to the container that tells it where SteamCMD lives the same goes for ${SERVER_DIR} - these are the gamefiles - I'm not 100% sure if the command is right for workshop items but at least I think it should work)

2 hours ago, BadCo. said:

Thanks for that. I also ended up manually creating admin config and map rotation.

So everything is working for you?

Sorry for that, I could implement that the container downloads template files for this but the risk that it messes something up is rather high...

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Actually really simple, open a console for the container and type ine '$USER' then the command line prompt should say that you be steam (something like steam@VARIOUSNUMBERSANDLETTERS) and then do this:

'${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +workshop_download_item 222860 2032670332 +quit'

(without quotes)

Then it should start to download it.

(Quick explanation: ${STEAMCMD_DIR} is a variable handed to the container that tells it where SteamCMD lives the same goes for ${SERVER_DIR} - these are the gamefiles - I'm not 100% sure if the command is right for workshop items but at least I think it should work)

Awesome! I might need a little bit more personal assistance with the command you provided. I thought I had done this, but I was mistaken and had to reinstall the container because I tried to install the workshop mod and overwrote the map folder. Here is what I had originally tried using for my command. I feel like im very close:
'force_install_dir "/serverdata/serverfiles/lef4dead2/maps" +workshop_download_item 222860 2032670332'

After I ran that, I was then prompted with this:
/data/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (4312) : Assertion Failed: m_vecInstallBaseFolders.Count() > 0'

11 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

Awesome! I might need a little bit more personal assistance with the command you provided. I thought I had done this, but I was mistaken and had to reinstall the container because I tried to install the workshop mod and overwrote the map folder. Here is what I had originally tried using for my command. I feel like im very close:
'force_install_dir "/serverdata/serverfiles/lef4dead2/maps" +workshop_download_item 222860 2032670332'

After I ran that, I was then prompted with this:
/data/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (4312) : Assertion Failed: m_vecInstallBaseFolders.Count() > 0'

Have you even tried my command?

I think you should never use anything else than $SERVER_DIR (/serverdata/serverfiles) as the install directory

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Have you even tried my command?

I think you should never use anything else than $SERVER_DIR (/serverdata/serverfiles) as the install directory

I honestly thought that $SERVER_DIR was a place holder for whatever my dir was. My apologies, I misunderstood you.

I tried the command that you had suggested. This was the output:

Steam>root@Tower:~# docker exec -it Left4Dead2 sh
# ${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +workshop_download_item 222860 2032670332 +quit
Redirecting stderr to '/root/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
/tmp/dumps is not owned by us - delete and recreate
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API.../data/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (4149) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
/data/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (4149) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
/data/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (4312) : Assertion Failed: m_vecInstallBaseFolders.Count() > 0
OK.

/data/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (4312) : Assertion Failed: m_vecInstallBaseFolders.Count() > 0
Downloading item 2032670332 ...
ERROR! Download item 2032670332 failed (No match).#   

Is it not finding the workshop item? I'm certain that I have the correct ID number for the workshop item. For context, here is workshop item I'm trying to install:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2032670332&searchtext=helms

Edited by ss1gohan13
Extra context and info
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

I honestly thought that $SERVER_DIR was a place holder for whatever my dir was. My apologies, I misunderstood you.

I tried the command that you had suggested. This was the output:

Steam>root@Tower:~# docker exec -it Left4Dead2 sh
# ${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +workshop_download_item 222860 2032670332 +quit
Redirecting stderr to '/root/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
/tmp/dumps is not owned by us - delete and recreate
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API.../data/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (4149) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
/data/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (4149) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
OK.

Downloading item 2032670332 ...
ERROR! Download item 2032670332 failed (No match).#   

Is it not finding the workshop item? I'm certain that I have the correct ID number for the workshop item. For context, here is workshop item I'm trying to install:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2032670332&searchtext=helms

I would do it this way:

1. Connect to your server via SSH or open the web terminal window.
  2. Type in 'docker exec -ti Left4Dead2 /bin/bash'
  3. Type in '$USER' <- I think this part you forgot to type in and that's also important so that you are the user 'steam' and not 'root'
  4. And then give the command a try '${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +workshop_download_item 550 2032670332 +quit'

I think the right app id for L4D2 is: 550 Click

222860 is the dedicated server itself