[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

20 hours ago, Cyd said:

@Cornflake that looks like a successful launch to me. Take a look at your tower/docker page and look at the memory usage for the container, it should be spooling up. It seems to me that shootergameserver has the last message held in a queue. If you open the console in the container and look in ShooterGame/Content/Mods/ you should see all of the .mod meta files there and available. 

@ich777 understood, we have indeed been living in interesting times.

Hey,

i got it figured out.

so my steps i did for the Workshop without to do a Symlinc etc.

My How to in 3 steps: (Adding Auto Workshop download to your Ark Survival Server)

Step 1:    I added  "-automanagedmods" to the ExtraGameParameters.

Step 2:   I put my desired mods in the GUS.ini under ActiveMods=123456,123457,....

Step 3: I added 3 Path mounts in Docker

Container path:    /serverdata/serverfiles/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/

Host path:           /mnt/cache/appdata/steamcmd/

Container path:   /serverdata/Steam/steamapps/workshop/

Host path:          /mnt/cache/appdata/steamcmd/workshop/

Container path:  /serverdata/serverfiles/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/steamapps/workshop

Host path:         /mnt/cache/appdata/steamcmd/workshop/

works fine for me.

Edited by Cornflake
Put in the Name of the Game, so other know what game it is about
3 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Step 2:   I put my desired mods in the GUS.ini under ActiveMods=123456,123457,....

You can add them to the command line GAME_PARAMS ?GameModIds=${MODIDS} and not have to modify either of the ini files.

I like the volume mount ideas, I will test them out.

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think SteamCMD is installed because it tries to update itself but can't (steamcmd.sh is in there and that should be enough).

The log says that it's trying to update but after multiple failed attempts it gives up.

I don't know why it couldn't update steamcmd. but I've got a work around.

If anyone else is having this problem you can try this:

- Build an Ubuntu VM. (Or your preferred linux distro)

- Install steamcmd manually using the instructions found here (I did the 'manual' method) - https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

- Run ./steamcmd.sh and it should update.

- Copy the contents of the "Steam" directory from the VM to your appdata/steamcmd directory.

- Install the game docker container.

- Delete the Ubuntu VM.

Not sure what the deal is with steamcmd not updating from the docker container (I can install and update it from a linux box and even the windows version), but at least this seems to be working and since steamcmd is only needed once it should be okay for other containers right?

1 hour ago, Hoof said:

If anyone else is having this problem you can try this:

- Build an Ubuntu VM. (Or your preferred linux distro)

- Install steamcmd manually using the instructions found here (I did the 'manual' method) - https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

- Run ./steamcmd.sh and it should update.

- Copy the contents of the "Steam" directory from the VM to your appdata/steamcmd directory.

- Install the game docker container.

- Delete the Ubuntu VM.

This is really strange. I've now tried this on my dedicated Dev server and it works without a problem. Everythin installs just fine...

1 minute ago, OdinEidolon said:

Just FYI

The NWN server is broken if using the 'latest' NWN because the new 'latest' download is not

https://github.com/nwnxee/unified/releases/download/buildlatest/NWNX-EE.zip

but

https://github.com/nwnxee/unified/releases/download/latest/NWNX-EE.zip

Thanks for reporting that, I will fix that as soon as possible, did they change the link I think...

EDIT: If I try both links the work just fine. Am I doing something wrong?

7 minutes ago, OdinEidolon said:

Just FYI

The NWN server is broken if using the 'latest' NWN because the new 'latest' download is not

https://github.com/nwnxee/unified/releases/download/buildlatest/NWNX-EE.zip

but

https://github.com/nwnxee/unified/releases/download/latest/NWNX-EE.zip

Oh, I now get it, the renamed the latest release to 'latest' that's why it doesn't work... :D

I will make a issue on github, I think that's not how it should be...

9 hours ago, Killersplace said:

but now to the problem no one outside can see the ARK server

Are you sure that you have forwarded the right ports in your router/firewall with the right protocoll tcp/udp?

Also does your ISP eventually block some ports that are required to connect to the game?

Are you all on the steam version or the epic version?

22 hours ago, Killersplace said:

Hi all.

I installed the ARK docker and everything works fine and I can find it under LAN in the game, but now to the problem no one outside can see the ARK server ( docker )

I have opened all the nessecery ports 7777 27015 27020 

and i tryed to reed the posts here but I cant find the solution

dont forget to also forward 7778udp as well.

thx for the Replay

we ar all on the Steam platform version of ARK 

dont know if the ISP blocks eanything but i dont think so

i Opend the 7778 and now weating for replay from my frends if they can see the server 

my server name is Killersplace if eany one can see if they find it its Password protected

Edited by Killersplace
50 minutes ago, HellraiserOSU said:

I am getting this on the Neverwinter Nights docker. I removed it and had it added the container again and still am getting this:
image.png.272e3a349b9f12289ff48a2204775352.png

Please update the container itself and try it again, should now work just fine. ;)

Sorry for the inconvenience.. :/

If you change the default directory for ServerFiles from the default "/mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft" to say something like "/mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft/dan" the Minecraft docker will fail to launch. I spent 4 hours trying to figure out why if I moved it to a sub directory the server started having problems. Made a new one with a subdirectory within the minecraft one with a new docker setup just for it to not even launch. I couldn't tell you why though.

5 minutes ago, GyroDragona said:

If you change the default directory for ServerFiles from the default "/mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft" to say something like "/mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft/dan" the Minecraft docker will fail to launch. I spent 4 hours trying to figure out why if I moved it to a sub directory the server started having problems. Made a new one with a subdirectory within the minecraft one with a new docker setup just for it to not even launch. I couldn't tell you why though.

MinecraftBasicServer or MincraftBedrockServer?

13 minutes ago, GyroDragona said:

If you are talking about the MinecraftBasicServer it works just fine:

Bildschirmfoto_2020-11-10_13-05-00.png.c69be95219726c16e1cb12ccb86a8642.png

Bildschirmfoto_2020-11-10_13-05-22.thumb.png.956d80a06b25d7c513ced9d6a9d9f05f.png

As you can see I renamed it like you posted it above.

Please share the log from your container and also screenshots from your template, otherwise I can't help.

first thank you for all the work on the projects.  This is regarding Assetto Corsa Competizione server set up.  three hours looking for the GAMEDIRECTORY to move the accserver.exe file as instructed but I clearly am doing something wrong as I cannot locate that exe file anywhere in my unraid file system using binhex-krusader.  Also just curious if the ACC update a day or two ago might be affecting things?  supposedly the server has been separated from the game?  Again this is most likely my failing and any help is appreciated.  Thank you 

6 hours ago, hackspy679 said:

I cannot locate that exe file anywhere in my unraid file system using binhex-krusader.

Yep, because you have to put it from your local computer (gamedirectory - look at step one where it's located on your local computer Click) to your Unraid system.

The gamedirectory is meant on your local computer, should change the description a little bit and then copy it over to the server to: '/mnt/cache/appdata/assettocorsacompetizione'.

• Like 1

so i'm having issues with the 7 Days to Die server. Everything is set up corrrectly as I managed many rented servers. Everything installed fine, set up the server using a seperate steam account that has a copy of the game, waited for everything to load and was able to get in with the adjust settings to the serverconfig and serveradmin xml files. with file verification turned off, every time the server is restarted, the game reloads with a default map (originally changed to PREGEN01) and I lose all admin rights. All other settings seem to stick. Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Reapergrrimm said:

so i'm having issues with the 7 Days to Die server. Everything is set up corrrectly as I managed many rented servers. Everything installed fine, set up the server using a seperate steam account that has a copy of the game, waited for everything to load and was able to get in with the adjust settings to the serverconfig and serveradmin xml files. with file verification turned off, every time the server is restarted, the game reloads with a default map (originally changed to PREGEN01) and I lose all admin rights. All other settings seem to stick. Am I missing something?

Sorry I really can't help or give you an advice how to solve this since I don't own the game.

Eventually @Spectral Force can help you.

You have to use the settings file that you specified in the Docker template that's the only thing I can tell or say to you...