[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

14 minutes ago, Reapergrrimm said:

i double checked that as well. I even tried renaming the file just to see if it would make a difference. It didn't.

Are you hosting more than 1 server? Are you using the default settings in the template?  If you use discord, I run one explicitly for 7D server owners and admins to provide help.  You can join here if you like https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h,  I am more readily available on there as well as my staff to provide help.

• Like 1
On 11/11/2020 at 1:18 AM, ich777 said:

Yep, because you have to put it from your local computer (gamedirectory - look at step one where it's located on your local computer Click) to your Unraid system.

The gamedirectory is meant on your local computer, should change the description a little bit and then copy it over to the server to: '/mnt/cache/appdata/assettocorsacompetizione'.

Ahhh, ok i was really feeling like a total idiot.  thank you very much for helping a newb out.  best wishes 

• Like 1
On 10/16/2020 at 4:45 AM, ich777 said:

Someone set up a tutorial on how to host a server: Click

There are also the configfiles in there ;)

Since my container is doing all from the command line (you set it basically in the template) it doesn't need to create the files. :)

Can you provide an example of how you use the docker template to do that?

5 hours ago, iserrano said:

Can you provide an example of how you use the docker template to do that?

After some further inverstigatin (a few posts down from what you quoted), you have to put the files from the link in the right spot.

What do you need exactly?

6 hours ago, hackspy679 said:

Ahhh, ok i was really feeling like a total idiot.  thank you very much for helping a newb out.  best wishes 

No problem, I also have to change description a little bit so that it is easier to understand. ;) I

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

After some further inverstigatin (a few posts down from what you quoted), you have to put the files from the link in the right spot.

What do you need exactly?

No problem, I also have to change description a little bit so that it is easier to understand. ;) I

Sorry, it may be my misunderstanding.  What I want to do is configure the server making changes via the Game.ini, have motd (welcome messages), and add mods.  But I can't figure out how to do that.

6 hours ago, iserrano said:

Sorry, it may be my misunderstanding.  What I want to do is configure the server making changes via the Game.ini, have motd (welcome messages), and add mods.  But I can't figure out how to do that.

My apologies for that, I should have been a little bit clearer on that because I think this was solved in a PM afterwards.

You have to download the files manually and place them in the directory that is Quoted down below:

On 10/16/2020 at 11:50 AM, BadCo. said:

Hey ich777,

After installing the Insurgency Sandstorm container, I can't seem to find the config files.

The NWI documentation states the configs should be in "Linux: Insurgency/Saved/Config/LinuxServer" but the only folder I have in there is CrashReportClient.

Any tips?

Then everything should work just as expected.

6 hours ago, Juanre889 said:

Hi, how i can enter a command in the csgo server console? 

Never used the console directly, try to use RCON (there are many apps out there for directly connecting to RCON with your mobile phone - iOS & Android and also for windows there are tools out there).

I have to build in screen or something like that but I want to avoid that if that's possible, please tell me if my posted solution will be suitable for you...

im stuck in a boot loop on 7daystodie. i created the server and seems to work fine, i then imported an existing save, changed the config (server name and so on) and started the server again.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Success! App '294420' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---SaveGameFolder location correct---
---Savegame location found---
---UserDataFolder location correct---
---UserDataFolder location found---
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/serverconfig.xml': Operation not permitted
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Success! App '294420' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---SaveGameFolder location correct---
---Savegame location found---
---UserDataFolder location correct---
---UserDataFolder location found---
chmod: changing permissions of '/serverdata/serverfiles/serverconfig.xml': Operation not permitted
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64

I fixed the permissions in a try before that wasnt the error so we can ignore this for now :)

49 minutes ago, Wuast94 said:

I fixed the permissions in a try before that wasnt the error so we can ignore this for now

How have you copied over the files with sftp or over smb?

What have you changed in the serverconfig.xml itself?

The container tries to modify a few lines and if the not found and point to the right directories the server can't start...

@ich777 Could you possibly make a Dark and Light docker?

It's not available on linux server so I think a WINE setup would be needed like Conan Exiles, but the rest of the setup could be copied from an Ark Survival Evolved docker. The steam app ID is 630230, and it would need the same map name variable like the ark survival evolved docker. 

1 hour ago, JPATE11 said:

It's not available on linux server so I think a WINE setup would be needed like Conan Exiles, but the rest of the setup could be copied from an Ark Survival Evolved docker. The steam app ID is 630230, and it would need the same map name variable like the ark survival evolved docker. 

I will look into this if that is even possible in the next few days. ;)

• Like 1

HI @ich777. We have really enjoyed getting back into Minecraft thanks to your excellent MincraftBedrockEdition docker. We owe you a big THANKS!

One small question:

I have Game Version set to "latest" so I think that means it should be on bedrock-server-1.16.100.04. But it is still loading a previous version (bedrock-server-1.16.40).

Is it possible for us to update to the latest server ourselves or do we need to wait for a docker update from you?

Many thanks!

8 minutes ago, kennelfort said:

HI @ich777. We have really enjoyed getting back into Minecraft thanks to your excellent MincraftBedrockEdition docker. We owe you a big THANKS!

One small question:

I have Game Version set to "latest" so I think that means it should be on bedrock-server-1.16.100.04. But it is still loading a previous version (bedrock-server-1.16.40).

Is it possible for us to update to the latest server ourselves or do we need to wait for a docker update from you?

Many thanks!

Just restart the container, it should update itself.

My containers update the application on each start/restart of the container itself (I take have a differnt approach to the updates than most container developers).

EDIT: I checked it on my Unraid box and the container updated itself:

grafik.thumb.png.2c646d02844b39acdb9ec6b84ce8e05c.png

On 11/17/2020 at 9:39 PM, JPATE11 said:

Tried my best but couldn't get it to run, isn't there a Linux version planed? Since this is based on UnrealEngine (at least I think) it should be easier if we wait for the Linux dedicated server version.

Feel free to contact me agin when you know more... ;)

On 11/15/2020 at 10:53 PM, ich777 said:

My apologies for that, I should have been a little bit clearer on that because I think this was solved in a PM afterwards.

You have to download the files manually and place them in the directory that is Quoted down below:

Then everything should work just as expected.

Thanks,  ich777. That worked!

Just one more thing. For Sandstorm, outside of the default ports 27102 and 27131 (also forwarded on my firewall), I am able to connect to my server on the LAN, but when I connect via WAN and enter the my server pwd, it appears to connect then fails.  Is there anything special for Sandstorm that I need to configure to connect to it via the WAN?

On 11/15/2020 at 10:53 PM, ich777 said:

Never used the console directly, try to use RCON (there are many apps out there for directly connecting to RCON with your mobile phone - iOS & Android and also for windows there are tools out there).

I have to build in screen or something like that but I want to avoid that if that's possible, please tell me if my posted solution will be suitable for you...

5 hours ago, iserrano said:

Just one more thing. For Sandstorm, outside of the default ports 27102 and 27131 (also forwarded on my firewall)

Are you also sure that you have forwarded the right ports with the right protocol?

I have to look into this but if it is reachable from the LAN and you forwarded all ports correctly in your router it should be also reachable from WAN.

22 hours ago, ich777 said:

Tried my best but couldn't get it to run, isn't there a Linux version planed? Since this is based on UnrealEngine (at least I think) it should be easier if we wait for the Linux dedicated server version.

Feel free to contact me agin when you know more... ;)

I haven't seen any plans for a linux version, just a bunch of people asking for it with no response from devs. This guy said he got his running with WINE so I figured I'd ask the expert since I know very little about dockers. Thanks for trying though!!

19 minutes ago, JPATE11 said:

I haven't seen any plans for a linux version, just a bunch of people asking for it with no response from devs. This guy said he got his running with WINE so I figured I'd ask the expert since I know very little about dockers. Thanks for trying though!!

Yep I've also read that, but this post is now pretty old and WINE can be a mess... :D

Sorry to not have better news. If they release some time a linux dedicated server feel free to contact me again. ;)

36 minutes ago, Nelinski said:

Is there a way to auto update the Assetto Corsa Competizione server (accserver.exe) you have to manually include? There have been quite a few updates to it recently so it means my server is always out of date.

You have to manually put the file everytime a update happens in the gameserver directory I think, I personally don't own the game so I can't test any other possibility.

The only thing that I can imagine is that you create a dedicated account with AC:Competizione in it and then the container can download it every time it is started/restarted but for that I have to customize the containainer, the downside to this is also that the whole windows game is downloaded and updated on your server since the developers include the server executable with the game and not seperately as far as I know.

• Thanks 1