[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

I will test this out after the weekend if that's ok for you, weekends are family time for me.

Ya, of course that's fine. It's your time. I'm not going to tell you how to spend it. Frankly I'm thankful that you spend any of your time making these dockers for us much less supporting them. I'm working with a fresh docker for testing getting a Java update in place so it would not interfere with the ones I already have going so it's not causing me any immediate problems. Have a good weekend. :)

• Thanks 1
On 12/4/2020 at 11:11 AM, GyroDragona said:

I went to https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jdk11-downloads.html and got "Linux x64 Compressed Archive" droped into SSH and navigated to the runtime directory (where I put the downloaded file), ran "tar -xf ./jdk-11.0.9_linux-x64_bin.tar.gz" tried changing "Runtime Name" to "jdk-11.0.9". I did check that the ownership and permissions were correct after unpacking Java 11 and they look correct.

I went to this site and downloaded the Java Development Kit 15 (since I don't wanted to create a dedicated account for Java 11 to download).

These are the steps I did:

1. Download the app from the CA App
  2. Changed the serverfilename to: 'paper-1.16.4-318'
  3. Changed accept EULA to: 'true'
  4. Let the container start and download the runtime
  5. Put the file that I downloaded above in the runtime directory
  6. Extracted the file in the runtime directory and deleted the .tar.gz file
  7. Changed the runtime name to: 'jdk-15.0.1' and restarted the container
  8. Waited for the EULA accept and that the world was generated and everything works

I attached also the log (papermc.log) and two screenshots:

mc1.thumb.png.b4758ca6c7f28f7286b5262dd91da3f4.png

mc0.png.7c2f190278b7d97250bdbaeccd214429.png

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

I went to this site and downloaded the Java Development Kit 15 (since I don't wanted to create a dedicated account for Java 11 to download).

These are the steps I did:

1. Download the app from the CA App
  2. Changed the serverfilename to: 'paper-1.16.4-318'
  3. Changed accept EULA to: 'true'
  4. Let the container start and download the runtime
  5. Put the file that I downloaded above in the runtime directory
  6. Extracted the file in the runtime directory and deleted the .tar.gz file
  7. Changed the runtime name to: 'jdk-15.0.1' and restarted the container
  8. Waited for the EULA accept and that the world was generated and everything works

Oh, I specifically went with Java 11 because it is the only current Long Term Support version that is out right now. I'll give it another go with Java 11 and the steps you used and see if things work out any differently this time around.

1 hour ago, GyroDragona said:

Oh, I specifically went with Java 11 because it is the only current Long Term Support version that is out right now.

Java 11 should also work but I don't tried it because I don't wanted to make a dedicated Oracle account for that...

EDIT: Just be sure to also remove the .tar.gz file from the runtime folder.

@ich777 I was thinking about docker networking and administrative access... Is there a particular reason that the bridged option is used rather than host? 

Host mode networking could be useful to optimize performance, as it does not require network address translation (NAT), and no “userland-proxy” would be created for each port.

And If Host mode were used the port information could be passed into the containers via variables to be plugged into the server startup command line, then any needed changes could be done from the GUI without having to delete and recreate port entries. 

4 minutes ago, Cyd said:

@ich777 I was thinking about docker networking and administrative access... Is there a particular reason that the bridged option is used rather than host? 

Host mode networking could be useful to optimize performance, as it does not require network address translation (NAT), and no “userland-proxy” would be created for each port.

And If Host mode were used the port information could be passed into the containers via variables to be plugged into the server startup command line, then any needed changes could be done from the GUI without having to delete and recreate port entries. 

It's up to the user which network mode is used, I always use bridged to avoid confusion, but I would strongly recommend you to give it a static IP via the Custom network.

You always have to look at it at a developer perspective or at least a non experienced user view, if I'm using host mode and the user has already a port assigned on the host that is already assigned to this docker this will cause a lot of headache...

That's why I recommend Custom mode, to give it a dedicated IP and also all ports are exposed.

Anyone know how to roll back a beta version of 7DTD? I put in -beta latest_experimental in the game ID and it seemed to update fine, but I nor anyone else can connect to the server and I want to roll back for the time being.  

I tried removing the -beta tag to see if it'd pick up the latest public release and it didn't.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, KillahPwnz said:

Anyone know how to roll back a beta version of 7DTD? I put in -beta latest_experimental in the game ID and it seemed to update fine, but I nor anyone else can connect to the server and I want to roll back for the time being.  

I tried removing the -beta tag to see if it'd pick up the latest public release and it didn't.

Thanks!

Here's the error that pops up each time I or anyone tries to connect

image.png.3ea45d61d7fc3de3c4b7112394c71fd1.png

43 minutes ago, KillahPwnz said:

Thanks!

I've tried removing the container with image and redownloading, it still seems to pull the latest beta 19.3 (not 19.2)

Getting some strangeness on theforest docker- seems to show up in steam server browser, but clients can't connect- even local area.  One of the errors before the server launches is:

0089:err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 05fc

other than that, it seems to start.  Could this be causing my connection issues? It prompts for my password but never lets the client in. Removed and re-downloaded, manually dumped all the files and still no luck.

noticed a few other errors on startup:

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

0009:fixme:d3d_shader:shader_sm4_read_instruction_modifier Unhandled modifier 0x80020302.
0009:fixme:d3d_shader:shader_sm4_read_instruction_modifier Unhandled modifier 0x00199983.
0009:fixme:d3d_shader:shader_sm4_read_instruction_modifier Unhandled modifier 0x800000c2.
0009:fixme:d3d_shader:shader_sm4_read_instruction_modifier Unhandled modifier 0x00155543.
0009:fixme:d3d_shader:shader_sm4_read_instruction_modifier Unhandled modifier 0x800000c2.
0009:fixme:d3d_shader:shader_sm4_read_instruction_modifier Unhandled modifier 0x00155543.
0009:fixme:d3d_shader:shader_sm4_read_instruction_modifier Unhandled modifier 0x80020302.
0009:fixme:d3d_shader:shader_sm4_read_instruction_modifier Unhandled modifier 0x00199983.
0009:fixme:d3d_shader:shader_sm4_read_instruction_modifier Unhandled modifier 0x80000202.
002d:fixme:d3d:context_apply_draw_state OpenGL implementation does not support framebuffers with no attachments.
002d:fixme:d3d:context_apply_draw_state OpenGL implementation does not support framebuffers with no attachments.
ALSA lib confmisc.c:767:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1246:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5047:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
ALSA lib confmisc.c:767:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1246:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5047:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\SteamworksManaged.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\SteamworksManaged.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\AmplifyOcclusion.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\AmplifyOcclusion.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.ClipperLib.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.ClipperLib.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.JsonFx.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.JsonFx.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Poly2Tri.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Pathfinding.Poly2Tri.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\bolt.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\bolt.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\bolt.user.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\bolt.user.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\udpkit.common.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\udpkit.common.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\udpkit.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\udpkit.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\RestSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\RestSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\TheForest.Commons.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\TheForest.Commons.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\TheForest.Modding.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\TheForest.Modding.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\PlayMaker.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\PlayMaker.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Rewired_Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Rewired_Core.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Rewired_Windows_Lib.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\Rewired_Windows_Lib.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in 0.286 seconds
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
OnLevelWasLoaded was found on FocusLostAudio
This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

(Filename: Line: 376)

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on RoomLoader
This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on PlaneCrashAudioState

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on SwitchGrassSettings

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on MenuMain

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on PlayerInventory

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on DeathMPTut

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on PlayerPreferences

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on DebugConsole

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on JSONLevelLoader

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on PauseMenuAudio

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on LevelLoader

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on PlayMakerFSM

0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0x7 not supported for render target 4.
0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0x7 not supported for render target 5.
0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0x7 not supported for render target 6.
0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0x7 not supported for render target 7.
0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0 not supported for render target 4.
0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0 not supported for render target 5.
0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0 not supported for render target 6.
0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0 not supported for render target 7.
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'VR System') is missing!

(Filename: Line: 1744)

UnloadTime: 3.697800 ms
Starting dedicated server
Dedicated server info:
IP:10.0.0.147, steamPort:8766, gamePort:27015, queryPort:27016
players:4, admin password:'yes', password:'yes', autosave interval:15
Game setup: Standard Multiplayer Server, New Normal game, slot Slot1
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'ropeRight') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'ropeLeft') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'BillBoardSheen') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'BillBoardPickUp') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'axleRotate') is missing!

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0x7 not supported for render target 4.
0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0x7 not supported for render target 5.
0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0x7 not supported for render target 6.
0009:fixme:d3d11:d3d_blend_state_create Color mask 0x7 not supported for render target 7.
UnloadTime: 5.248300 ms
Skipping Steam initialization
DS configurations tests: Start tests
Fallback handler could not load library Z:/serverdata/serverfiles/TheForestDedicatedServer_Data/Mono/libc
Fallback handler could not load library Z:/serverdata/serverfiles/TheForestDedicatedServer_Data/Mono/.\libc
Fallback handler could not load library Z:/serverdata/serverfiles/TheForestDedicatedServer_Data/Mono/libc
You configure ip address as 10.0.0.147 but your host IP seens to be 172.17.0.2

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
DS configurations tests: Host fail network configurations tests. Please check error log and your configuration.

Unloading 14 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 62400.
Total: 34.588600 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.454600 ms CreateObjectMapping: 5.614500 ms MarkObjects: 26.246000 ms DeleteObjects: 0.266200 ms)

Steam Manager Started.
0009:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({47a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc6f}, 0x13f007240, 0x13f059578, 0x13f059570) stub.
0009:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({58a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc70}, 0x13f007240, 0x13f0595b0, 0x13f0595a8) stub.
0009:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({3fa9201e-73b0-43fe-9821-7e145359bc6f}, 0x13f007240, 0x13f059540, 0x13f059538) stub.
0009:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({1432afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b433}, 0x13f007240, 0x13f0595e8, 0x13f0595e0) stub.
0009:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({4372afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b519}, 0x13f007240, 0x13f059620, 0x13f059618) stub.
007b:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
007b:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 000000006775DD00, 0000000012697E20, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 0000000000000000, 0x00000000
007b:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 000000006775DD00
0028:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
0073:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x29b50610, overlapped 0x29b50618): stub
0028:fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl The DISK_PARTITION_INFO and DISK_DETECTION_INFO structures will not be filled
007b:fixme:wbemprox:enum_class_object_Next timeout not supported
GameServer init success. Port: 27015
Set a Logon
dbus[118]: arguments to dbus_connection_send_with_reply_and_block() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file ../../../dbus/dbus-connection.c line 3544.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
wine: Assertion failed at address 000014B20224F7BB (thread 0028), starting debugger...
007f:fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
0073:fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt SO_SNDBUF ignoring request to disable send buffering
0073:fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt SO_SNDBUF ignoring request to disable send buffering
Connected to Steam successfully
The Forest Server is not VAC Secure!
Game server SteamID:85568392922644123
CoopSteamManager Initialize
CoopLobby.LeaveActive instance=
Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak

(Filename: Line: 371)

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak

0009:fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
CoopPlayerCallbacks::BoltStartBegin CoopVoice.VoiceChannel:[UdpChannelName Voice:1]
0089:err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 05fc.
InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_object_castclass (object,intptr)
at UdpKit.UdpEvent.As[UdpEventStartDone] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BoltCore.PollNetwork () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BoltCore.Poll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BoltPoll.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Got logged out of Steam
The Forest Server is not VAC Secure!
Game server SteamID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

another attempt:

GameServer init success. Port: 27015
Set a Logon
0074:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x2aa00610, overlapped 0x2aa00618): stub
The Forest Server is VAC Secure!
Game server SteamID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CoopSteamManager Initialize
CoopLobby.LeaveActive instance=

0009:fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
CoopPlayerCallbacks::BoltStartBegin CoopVoice.VoiceChannel:[UdpChannelName Voice:1]
007d:err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 05a4.
InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_object_castclass (object,intptr)
at UdpKit.UdpEvent.As[UdpEventStartDone] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BoltCore.PollNetwork () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BoltCore.Poll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BoltPoll.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Edited by jordanmw
3 hours ago, jordanmw said:

Getting some strangeness on theforest docker- seems to show up in steam server browser, but clients can't connect- even local area.  One of the errors before the server launches is:

0089:err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 05fc

other than that, it seems to start.  Could this be causing my connection issues? It prompts for my password but never lets the client in. Removed and re-downloaded, manually dumped all the files and still no luck.

First of all please put the log in something like pastebin or a textfile and post it here, only to not spam this thread. :)

Have you changed any port or another setting within the template or the game settings itself?

This is a WINE specific error and should not affect the container itself, I will try to setup the container on my own and report back.

Tested it out, you have to create a game specific token and enter it to your GAME_PARAMS, I updated the template with this information, hope it is sufficient enough:

WARNING: You have to create a token to play Online or in your LAN, you can obtain your token here: https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers put it into your GAME_PARAMS like this 'serverSteamAccount YOURTOKEN' (without quotes).

30 minutes ago, jordanmw said:

I do have the token setup- does it need a dash before the serverSteamAccount? I have attached a text log.  I do have the token in the config also.

forest.txt 24.67 kB · 1 download

forest2.txt 146.16 kB · 0 downloads

No it doesn't need a dash, just like I've wrote it.

Please only insert 'serverSteamAccount YOURTOKEN' to the GAME_PARAMS and not in two different locations.

Please send me a screenshot from your template, also please keep in mind that you have to open the ports to make it publicly available so that it works.

2 minutes ago, jordanmw said:

It is in the GAME_PARAMS and in the .cfg file at the serverSteamAccount entry, should I remove it from the .cfg file?

Yes please remove it from the config file, are you sure that you opened all ports so that is reachable from outside?

I tested it yesterday and it worked just fine.

If you want to I can set it up again and you can try to connect.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jordanmw said:

No, that's fine, I really appreciate the testing and immediate responses.  I am sure something is not right on my end, I'll figure it out eventually. 

I would recommend deleting the whole container (also deleting the folder from the container in the appdata directory) and start from scratch, you can enter your token right when you are creating the container.

Please keep me updated. ;)

If you change your mind and I should setup a instance to test for you please also hook me up with a short message ;)

The unturned server does not seem to be working. I've set it up with a steam username and password on an account with the game purchased, and steam guard disabled. The server seems to loop itself though, never actually starting up. I've looked through the logs, but can't seem to identify anything specific that's going wrong. Maybe I'm missing a necessary game parameter? I kept everything other than the steam creds the default as they're provided by CA. Appreciate any input. Thanks!

3 hours ago, swallace said:

I've set it up with a steam username and password on an account with the game purchased, and steam guard disabled.

You don't have to do this in case of that game, if you do this where it isn't necessary the server simply won't start (only enter Steam credentials when the fields are marked as required).

Btw isn't Unturned free?

3 hours ago, swallace said:

Maybe I'm missing a necessary game parameter?

No they changed something that prevent's the dedicated server from starting.

Please update the container (or delete and redownload it from the CA App) and try it again.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

You don't have to do this in case of that game, if you do this where it isn't necessary the server simply won't start (only enter Steam credentials when the fields are marked as required).

Btw isn't Unturned free?

Thats what I thought. Yeah, Unturned is free, I just tried this in the course of troubleshooting. Thought it might be why the server would not start. 

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

No they changed something that prevent's the dedicated server from starting.

Please update the container (or delete and redownload it from the CA App) and try it again.

Good to know! Appreciate your looking into it. Also glad I wasnt crazy when trying to setup. I'll update the container and post back

• Thanks 1

Hey @ich777 thanks for your apps!

I tried looking for any repo I could just push a fix for this but couldn't find it. Either way, your mindustry "app" says the following:

CONSOLE: To connect to the console open up the terminal for this docker and type in: 'docker exec -u terraria -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS Mindustry' (without quotes).

The user is "mindustry" actually. :)

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, pmcnano said:

Hey @ich777 thanks for your apps!

I tried looking for any repo I could just push a fix for this but couldn't find it. Either way, your mindustry "app" says the following:

CONSOLE: To connect to the console open up the terminal for this docker and type in: 'docker exec -u terraria -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS Mindustry' (without quotes).

The user is "mindustry" actually. :)

Thank you for the heads up, already updated the description (will take a few hours to update in the CA App).