[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

29 minutes ago, Scotty3118 said:

I feel like this is a really dumb question but I have searched everywhere for the answer. How do I make changes to the game.ini file? Every time I edit the file and restart the server it overwrites it with an empty file.

About which game are you talking about... :D

Hi - is it possible to make a docker for Urban Terror?  Looking to get our work's guys playing again and don't want to configure a VPN just for that.  I see it's been done as a docker on the docker hub, but I've never got my head around non-Unraid dockers.

(if it's easy to install from the hub and I'm just being stupid, don't put yourself out :) )

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Just restart the container and it will download the latest version if you set the versionnumber to latest.

Oh I get what you're saying, I have to make a variable GAME_V and set to latest. I saw it before in the thread but I thought you were talking about the container version. /me *derp* 🤦‍♂️

Thanks bro

Edit - No notes or anything in my template, is mine possibly outdated or something?

Edited by rjlan
15 minutes ago, rjlan said:

Oh I get what you're saying, I have to make a variable GAME_V and set to latest. I saw it before in the thread but I thought you were talking about the container version. /me *derp* 🤦‍♂️

Thanks bro

Edit - No notes or anything in my template, is mine possibly outdated or something?

You probably got a really old version of the template itself, I implemented the automatic update on a container start/restart after half a year after the release of the container.

This is how the template should look like (you can redownload it from the CA App, just be sure to set the gamepath and also the other parameters to the same as the old ones):

grafik.thumb.png.2786f2ccc190c22cf0dfe4b1d78d336d.png

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I am currently trying to setup a csgo server but I have currently issues and the search function couldn't help me to resolve the issue.

I installed the csgo docker and entered all the game_params I wanted and the first thing I noticed that my log doesn't get to the point of showing the public ip:

image.png.fa5b213bb8d90406c8641c5c3611dea7.png

My startup Parameters are as follows:

+game_type 0 -usercon -net_port_try 1 +game_mode 0 +mapgroup mg_active +map de_dust2 +sv_setsteamaccount 65DAB752xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx +hostname "CSGO Server" +sv_lan 0 +sv_password "XXX" +rcon_password "XXX"

When I am looking in the community browser, the server is not showing up in the LAN tab. Funny enough when I connect via the connect command to the unraid ip and the game_port, I can connect to the server.

I entered the port forwarding in the router, but friends can not connect to the server.

I tried

https://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v0001?addr=<MYIP>&format=json

and get following results:

{
  "response": {
    "success": true,
    "servers": [
      {
        "addr": "XX.XXX.XX.XX:27015",
        "gmsindex": -1,
        "appid": 730,
        "gamedir": "csgo",
        "region": -1,
        "secure": true,
        "lan": false,
        "gameport": 27015,
        "specport": 0
      }
    ]
  }
}

So the port forwarding should work fine. Am I missing something?

Also weird enough, I am currently using Bridge Mode because when using custom mode and entering a static IP, the Docker Container doesn't show the custom ip:

image.png.8c54c5bef09fe880e6690f069d03208c.png

image.png.4ff3237e5b04e239ae48de0221da59e7.png

image.png.523738ccad05dbfdbcf9dc814ebd6ce6.png

But it is still reachable via the connect command with the static ip.

Sorry, I am all new to unraid and docker and couldn't find anything via google to help with those issues.

Thank all of you for any help.

Edited by aetek5
1 hour ago, aetek5 said:

My startup Parameters are as follows

These parameters seem right to me.

1 hour ago, aetek5 said:

When I am looking in the community browser, the server is not showing up in the LAN tab. Funny enough when I connect via the connect command to the unraid ip and the game_port, I can connect to the server.

This is just a normal behavoir since it's not a LAN game, it's a dedicated server these are two different things.

A LAN game is if somebody is playing the game and hosting it so that other players can play with him.

1 hour ago, aetek5 said:

So the port forwarding should work fine. Am I missing something?

Yes the port forwarding is working if you can reach it from outside and others can connect than everything is fine.

1 hour ago, aetek5 said:

I noticed that my log doesn't get to the point of showing the public ip

Does CS:GO show the public IP? I don't think so...

You can add the server simply by going into your 'Favourites' and then click 'Add Server' enter the PUBLICIP:PORT (or LANIP:PORT), click on 'Add' and click on 'Referesh' you should now see the server.

1 hour ago, aetek5 said:

Also weird enough, I am currently using Bridge Mode because when using custom mode and entering a static IP, the Docker Container doesn't show the custom ip

This isn't weird, the explanation is simple.

If you use it in bridge mode you define a containerport and a hostport and Unraid shows the portmapping with the IP's (because you mapped the port in the template).

If you choose the custom network Unraid looks for exposed ports from the Dockerfile, but in the SteamCMD I see no reason why I should expose a port in the Dockerfile because in a Custom Network all ports are exposed because the container get's his own IP.

1 hour ago, aetek5 said:

Thank all of you for any help.

Hope this all makes sense to you.

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is just a normal behavior since it's not a LAN game, it's a dedicated server these are two different things.

A LAN game is if somebody is playing the game and hosting it so that other players can play with him.

You can add the server simply by going into your 'Favourites' and then click 'Add Server' enter the PUBLICIP:PORT (or LANIP:PORT), click on 'Add' and click on 'Referesh' you should now see the server.

Oh okay, that makes sense. I added the Server via the local IP and it is now showing in my favorites. Awesome, thanks.

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This isn't weird, the explanation is simple.

If you use it in bridge mode you define a containerport and a hostport and Unraid shows the portmapping with the IP's (because you mapped the port in the template).

If you choose the custom network Unraid looks for exposed ports from the Dockerfile, but in the SteamCMD I see no reason why I should expose a port in the Dockerfile because in a Custom Network all ports are exposed because the container get's his own IP.

Wait so the reason why it is showing for pihole is because those ports are exposed? What about the Port 27015 for the CSGO container?

image.png.eed3807ddfb879aeaa867038d7973869.png

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Does CS:GO show the public IP? I don't think so...

But how should my friends join the server if there is no public IP? Like it is so weird that the Steam API is returning a success message with the right IP and the Server showing. When they try to connect they only get the Message "Retrying public(XX.XXX.XX.XX:27015) ..." Besides Portforwarding, do I need to check something else?

Thanks a lot for your help.

37 minutes ago, aetek5 said:

Wait so the reason why it is showing for pihole is because those ports are exposed? What about the Port 27015 for the CSGO container?

No, sorry, wrong explanation, english it not my native language... :D

I as a developer can expose in the Dockerfile while creating a container, I don't do this in my SteamCMD containers because I see no reason for this because if you give it a static IP address in the custom network all ports are exposed. Think the other way around, if someone else is using the container and put it in the custom network and give the container another port let's say for example Port 27019 and not 27015 and I expose the port 27015 in the Dockerfile, Unraid will display that the port 27015 is exposed, but actually that's not true because all ports are exposed. These values simply came from the Dockerfile itself and doesn't restrict any port, even if the line is empty.

But how should my friends join the server if there is no public IP? Like it is so weird that the Steam API is returning a success message with the right IP and the Server showing.

I recommend using duckdns.org or some other kind of DynDNS if you don't have a static public IP. So that your friends can connect for example with 'myawesomserver.duckdns.org:27015'

I don't understand the last sentence what is the 'right IP' your internal or your external IP and what do you mean the server is not showing?

When they try to connect they only get the Message "Retrying public(XX.XXX.XX.XX:27015) ..." Besides Portforwarding, do I need to check something else?

No, then there is something wrong with the port forwarding I think (some ISP's block for example port 80, 443, 22 and other common ports).

Have you edited any other setting in the 'server.cfg' file?

Can your friends see your server if they enter your public IP and the port?

I would also recommend to try it with bridge and not br0

I can only try to connect to your server if you want to, if you want a proof that the container is working you can connect to my server if you want to.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, sorry, wrong explanation, english it not my native language... :D

I as a developer can expose in the Dockerfile while creating a container, I don't do this in my SteamCMD containers because I see no reason for this because if you give it a static IP address in the custom network all ports are exposed. Think the other way around, if someone else is using the container and put it in the custom network and give the container another port let's say for example Port 27019 and not 27015 and I expose the port 27015 in the Dockerfile, Unraid will display that the port 27015 is exposed, but actually that's not true because all ports are exposed. These values simply came from the Dockerfile itself and doesn't restrict any port, even if the line is empty.

Ah okay got it. Now I know what you mean.

I don't understand the last sentence what is the 'right IP' your internal or your external IP and what do you mean the server is not showing?

So right now, the steamAPI is picking up my Server with the Success Message I posted in my first Comment. So that would tell me that the port forwarding should be working without issues. But when trying to connect with my public ip and the port, I get the error messages mentioned.

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I would also recommend to try it with bridge and not br0

Okay I will try this and see if it works.

Again thank you so much for your time and help.

1 minute ago, aetek5 said:

But when trying to connect with my public ip and the port, I get the error messages mentioned.

You try that from your internal network am I right?

Have you a way of trying it from somewhere else or a friend of yours, eventually your router doesn't support NAT reflection that means that you have to use your internal IP in your network and from 'outside' you have to use your external IP.

If you want to get your public IP adress you can click here: Click

Just now, ich777 said:

You try that from your internal network am I right?

Yeah I see my fault.

Just now, ich777 said:

Have you a way of trying it from somewhere else or a friend of yours

I just asked a friend to try and he said he could join with no issues.

I feel quite stupid now. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you so much for your work and thanks for your help.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, aetek5 said:

I feel quite stupid now. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you so much for your work and thanks for your help.

No worries, if you are quite new to this this is just a normal thing that can happen. :)

Glad to hear that everything works now, hope you have fun with the container. ;)

Hey!

I'm trying to install a "Valhelsia 2" (or 3 doesn't matter) onto my Minecraft server. I've startet the server on my windows pc so all files and folders get created and then copied them all over to my unraid server in the mincraft folder.

Thats what im getting in a loop:

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Checking for 'runtime' folder---
---'runtime' folder found---
---Checking if Runtime is installed---
---Runtime found---
---Checking for Minecraft Server executable ---
---Preparing Server---
---Checking for 'server.properties'---
---'server.properties' found...
---Checking for old logs---
---Starting Server---
---Waiting for logs, please stand by...---
[17Dez2020 14:41:39.036] [Server thread/INFO] [minecolonies/]: Finished discovering lucky oreBlocks
[17Dez2020 14:41:39.036] [Server thread/INFO] [minecolonies/]: Finished discovering recruitment costs
[17Dez2020 14:41:39.038] [Server thread/INFO] [minecolonies/]: Finished discovering diseases
[17Dez2020 14:41:39.039] [Server thread/INFO] [minecolonies/]: Finished initiating sifter config
[17Dez2020 14:41:39.050] [Server thread/INFO] [minecolonies/]: Finished discovering food
[17Dez2020 14:41:39.091] [Server thread/INFO] [minecolonies/]: Finished discovering fuel
[17Dez2020 14:41:39.552] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.world.server.ChunkManager/]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM1): All chunks are saved
[17Dez2020 14:41:39.554] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.world.server.ChunkManager/]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM-1): All chunks are saved
[17Dez2020 14:41:39.554] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.world.server.ChunkManager/]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (midnight): All chunks are saved
[17Dez2020 14:41:39.555] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.world.server.ChunkManager/]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (atum): All chunks are saved
Terminated
usermod: no changes
---Starting...---
---Runtime found---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting...---
---Runtime found---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---

Any ideas?

Johannes :)

Hey ich777,

I'm using your DontStarveTogether Docker Image, but when starting the server after putting the token stuff in place the startup always hangs at:

Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
 Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Error! App '343050' state is 0x202 after update job.
---Prepare Server---
---No Caves/server.ini found, downloading template...---
---Sucessfully downloaded 'caves_server.ini'---
---No Caves/worldgenoverride.lua found, downloading template...---
---Sucessfully downloaded 'caves_worldgenoverride.lua'---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 155: cd: /serverdata/serverfiles/bin: No such file or directory
==> /serverdata/serverfiles/masterLog.0 <==
Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/bin/dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer': No such file or directory

==> /serverdata/serverfiles/cavesLog.0 <==
Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/bin/dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer': No such file or directory

Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the image?

Edited by skyril
13 minutes ago, skyril said:

Error! App '343050' state is 0x202 after update job.

This line tells you that something is wrong with the download itself and that it actually doesn't download the game, that's why the server doesn't start.

I will take a look at this and keep you updated.

• Thanks 1

This line tells you that something is wrong with the download itself and that it actually doesn't download the game, that's why the server doesn't start.

I will take a look at this and keep you updated.

I'm actually just stupid. My Cache was full and the error-code is for not enough space! Sorry that I bothered you haha

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Megahomer said:

Hey!

I'm trying to install a "Valhelsia 2" (or 3 doesn't matter) onto my Minecraft server. I've startet the server on my windows pc so all files and folders get created and then copied them all over to my unraid server in the mincraft folder.

Thats what im getting in a loop:

Any ideas?

Johannes :)

Can you send me the files that you are using?

Looks like a dependencie is missing, if this is a Forge server/mod note that there are sometimes different server .jar's and plugins available for Linux and Windows.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you send me the files that you are using?

Looks like a dependencie is missing, if this is a Forge server/mod note that there are sometimes different server .jar's and plugins available for Linux and Windows. Folder looks like this (foto)

I've got the server files from here https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/valhelsia-2

As i said, unpacked and ran the start.bat file on my windows pc then copied everything

grafik.thumb.png.fc40345a07b1e4024812f4477213b9e0.png