[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 minute ago, Megahomer said:

I've got the server files from here https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/valhelsia-2

As i said, unpacked and ran the start.bat file on my windows pc then copied everything

I'm not too familar with forge but shouldn't it be enough if you put the files in the main directory and then run it without running it on Windows before putting it in the container?

I've tried it: hes missing server.properties and eula, so after i copied the files over i startet the server on my pc and copied only the missing two files. Now im getting: "Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/runtime/jre1.8.0_261': Permission denied".....

Edited by Megahomer
19 minutes ago, Megahomer said:

I've tried it: hes missing server.properties and eula, so after i copied the files over i startet the server on my pc and copied only the missing two files. Now im getting: "Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/runtime/jre1.8.0_261': Permission denied".....

Please delete the runtime folder enteirely...

23 minutes ago, nikaiwolf said:

is there a guide available for setting up an Ark SE cluster using your docker?

A few sites back @Cyd posted a guide.

27 minutes ago, Megahomer said:

It's working now! Thank you so much! Schönen Abend und danke für deine ganze Arbeit! :)

Nice.

Kein Problem, gerne geschehen.

10 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

Space Engineers

This is a game without Linux in mind and tried already a few times but never get it to run or at least run stable.

11 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

Ive seen some linux based docker containers for that but none in community applications so far.

Can you give me a link to those? Are you sure that they are Linux based and working for at least more than 10 minutes?

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is a game without Linux in mind and tried already a few times but never get it to run or at least run stable.

Can you give me a link to those? Are you sure that they are Linux based and working for at least more than 10 minutes?

i have never tested the containers i found so i cant really tell if they are any good, i just thought the existence of them seem to indicate that it could work but now that you say that one of them says the performance sucks.

Ill probably run the original files in a Window VM instead to avoid any problems.

2 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

i have never tested the containers i found so i cant really tell if they are any good, i just thought the existence of them seem to indicate that it could work but now that you say that one of them says the performance sucks.

Have you links to the containers?

It would be very interesting how they run Space Engineers for me.

10 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

I will look into the first one but the other 3 doesn't work "the right" way, looked a bit on the issues and none of them seem to work or at least good...

EDIT: I now saw that the first one is 4 years old...

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

I will look into the first one but the other 3 doesn't work "the right" way, looked a bit on the issues and none of them seem to work or at least good...

EDIT: I now saw that the first one is 4 years old...

yea none of these are properly maintained sadly but on the bright side that means you could have the one up to date and functional space engineers docker container.

Just now, Pixel5 said:

yea none of these are properly maintained sadly but on the bright side that means you could have the one up to date and functional space engineers docker container.

I think that, if I remember correctly, it doesn't work anymore because they changed a few years ago something or the switched to a dependencie that is not fully supported in WINE and that's why no container is available for that game for Linux.

Hey @ich777, having issues with the Mordhau game server docker. Have setup and hosted the server in the past no problem. But recently trying to launch it I get these warnings in the log:

[2020.12.20-18.59.41:601][865]LogNet: IpNetDriver_3 IpNetDriver_3 IpNetDriver listening on port 15000
[2020.12.20-18.59.41:601][865]LogNetVersion: Checksum from delegate: 502013394
[33m[2020.12.20-18.59.41:634][868]LogMordhauGameInstance: Warning: Ping France: failed (Timeout)
[0m[33m[2020.12.20-18.59.41:634][868]LogMordhauGameInstance: Warning: Ping Germany: failed (Timeout)
[0m[33m[2020.12.20-18.59.41:655][869]LogMordhauGameInstance: Warning: Ping UK: failed (Timeout)
[0m[33m[2020.12.20-18.59.41:669][870]LogMordhauGameInstance: Warning: Ping Poland: failed (Timeout)
[0m[33m[2020.12.20-18.59.41:686][871]LogMordhauGameInstance: Warning: Ping Russia: failed (Timeout)
[0m[33m[2020.12.20-18.59.41:701][872]LogMordhauGameInstance: Warning: Ping US_East: failed (Timeout)
[0m[33m[2020.12.20-18.59.41:717][873]LogMordhauGameInstance: Warning: Ping US_Central: failed (Timeout)
[0m[33m[2020.12.20-18.59.41:717][873]LogMordhauGameInstance: Warning: Ping US_West: failed (Timeout)
sh: 1: ping: not found

Ports are forwarded correctly and all that. Could a recent update to the game be causing issues?

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, DirkDiggler531 said:

Hey @ich777, having issues with the Mordhau game server docker. Have setup and hosted the server in the past no problem. But recently trying to launch it I get these warnings in the log:

Ports are forwarded correctly and all that. Could a recent update to the game be causing issues?

Will push a fix in a few minutes to the container.

This message should be no problem since the game only wants to ping the servers and ping simply isn't installed by default in my containers.

28 minutes ago, Marcowich said:

Great work! Have anybody installed sourcemod on it, if so, how did you do it? :D

Are you talking about CS:Source, CS:GO or any other game that supports sourcemod?

It's not different than a normal dedicated server just be sure to download the linux version of sourcemod and place it in the right directory and restart the server.

I got a CS:Source and CS:GO server running with sourcemod installed.

Hi here :)
Awesome work, thanks a lot!
I tried to setup a Garry's Mod server using your Docker. With all values set to the default, the server won't start and I get the following error log:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Update state (0x1) running, progress: 100.00 (2192100224 / 2192100224)
Success! App '4020' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Auto detecting CPU
Using default binary: ./srcds_linux
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 4000
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded 'steamclient.so' OK.
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 57 milliseconds to initialize
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser020 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded 'steamclient.so' OK.
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 2 milliseconds to initialize

I suspect "[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser020 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded." is the problem here.

Any idea what is causing this?

10 minutes ago, Denzel said:

Hi here :)
Awesome work, thanks a lot!
I tried to setup a Garry's Mod server using your Docker. With all values set to the default, the server won't start and I get the following error log:

I suspect "[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser020 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded." is the problem here.

Any idea what is causing this?

I don't see a trivial error there.

This is just a infromation... Think of it the other way around, Steam isn't running on a dedicated server...

This line tells you that the server has started up suscessfully:

14 minutes ago, Denzel said:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 4000

I have also setup the container for testing and I can reach it from the Steam Server Browser.

• Like 1

Is there a post or some walkthrough information someone could point me towards to get a dedicated Rust server set up?

My knowledge is limited in setting up a couple of 7DtD servers but there was a "config" file that could be edited for the salient information but I can't see the same for Rust?

Thanks...

1 hour ago, stevep94 said:

Is there a post or some walkthrough information someone could point me towards to get a dedicated Rust server set up?

Here is a guide from Valve itself:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Rust_Dedicated_Server

Just append the command line parameters to the Game Parameters and you should be good to go.

Keep in mind that this is not that different to a Linux Dedicated Server.

• Thanks 1