[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

44 minutes ago, key_sick said:

i would like a docker for metin2, i cant manage to install freebsd on a vm to run a server off of it, but a docker would be easier?

If I recall correctly FreeBSD is a Unix based system and not Linux and if the game is only designed to run on Unix based systems it would not be possible...

I can't really find guides on how to setup the server have you a link to a dedicated server guide?

46 minutes ago, key_sick said:

is there any guide to use your rust docker and also make it visible online? the ip given connect me to official servers but not to mine as supposed

It's not different so a Dedicated Server on a Dedicated root server but without the hassle to set all up and download everything this is the job of my Containers.

It should be enough to forward the ports with the right protocol in your router/firewall and you should be good to go, but please make sure that your ISP isn't blocking any ports also make sure that you can connect from your LAN to the server first, everything is working and then do any further steps in your router/firewall.

Some games also need a Token from Steam itself but that should be in the description of the Container itself and also how you create the Token.

On 1/7/2021 at 4:53 AM, ich777 said:

I don't think that this is possible since most dedicated servers are even doesn't require a dedicated GPU and are not designed to use a GPU at all.

I don't think that TheForest Dedicated Server is capable of utilizing a GPU.

Coolio, 

Was just wondering as the things that are built in game every now and then disappear.  A few reboots of the container and it will come back. 

Thanks Agian.

3 hours ago, JamJar said:

Was just wondering as the things that are built in game every now and then disappear.  A few reboots of the container and it will come back. 

What that shouldn't happen.

But I only can think of a game problem since the container only downloads the game and starts it.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

If I recall correctly FreeBSD is a Unix based system and not Linux and if the game is only designed to run on Unix based systems it would not be possible...

I can't really find guides on how to setup the server have you a link to a dedicated server guide?

https://metin2.dev/board/topic/72-how-to-install-an-metin2-server-on-freebsd-9-64-bit/

https://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/metin2-pserver-guides-strategies/3544065-how-prepare-freebsd-metin2.html

those are the main steps to setup the OS to run metin2 serverfiles... dunno if it could be possible on linux, or the possibility to make a vm under a container? im kinda new to this world and wanted to get my self a e5 2697v3 to run couple rust and metin2 server our of it... but no success yet

10 hours ago, key_sick said:

dunno if it could be possible on linux, or the possibility to make a vm under a container?

A VM under a container is not possible, I think if it's based on Unix there is a chance it can run but no guarantee.

10 hours ago, key_sick said:

rust

What is the problem? Can you connect to the servers? Have you ever run a RUST server on a dedicated machine?

7 hours ago, wyattbest said:

Thanks for all the work @ich777. I've successfully setup Rust and Ark servers thanks to you.

Appreciated and very glad to hear that everything is working. :)

7 hours ago, wyattbest said:

Any chance you could setup one for Pixark?

I will look into it but it can take some time... I will report back.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

What is the problem? Can you connect to the servers? Have you ever run a RUST server on a dedicated machine?

the problem is i cannot manage to connect to the ip.
9c4e0160563120432caa61d56a118b1b.png

62e0529a87c22625f8128166868943c4.png

df2dfa24af0580b416540ade298ffc17.png

i supposed that i would connect to the displayed ip address as 172.17.0.2 with the port 28015... but cant connect trough rust console (f1) or neither find the server on rust as modded or community... i had a rust server before but paid to gameservers to host it, and as im using unraid i was planning to skip the step to pay to a 3rd company instead.

EDIT: this is what happens when i try to connect 974f284e82516d7e5c2fedce51630ca4.jpg

Edited by key_sick
18 minutes ago, key_sick said:

the problem is i cannot manage to connect to the ip.

This is only the internal IP within the container but you have to connect to your server IP because it's routed to your servers IP if you use bridge mode (use always the IP that i displayed on the right and not on the left).

Try to connect to: 192.168.1.128 and it will work just fine... ;)

Absolutely loving Unraid in the 3 months I've been using it, especially all these ready to go servers!

There's only one that has been driving me batty with a few little things I can't figure out, Barotrauma dedicated server.

I've gone through all the config files I could find and much google-fu (may be weak!), but I can't seem to get it to keep a campaign game going nor have admin access when I'm remotely connected.

Basically what happens is this:

- Launch server from Unraid and enter command for it to create a campaign game with a few bots.

- I can see it as campaign and join it *once* from LAN or remote.

- Quit to menu when I'm done.

- I can no longer join without shutting down the server, relaunching and forcing it to a campaign game (losing the old one if I forgot the name), Since there's no remote access to Unraid (?), this is an issue if I'm not at home and playing, or friends want to hot-join when I'm not available.

- System message says game already in progress if I try to rejoin otherwise.

- I've followed guides for giving myself admin access using Steam unique ID, so it *should* work when I connect from anywhere, but doesn't seem to like it from outside my network. Never run in to this issue before.

TL;DR:

I'm trying to get Barotrauma dedicated server to run as Campaign 24/7 so I or friends can join whenever. From what I've searched, it's supposedly possible.

Server admin doesn't seem to work if I'm not on the same LAN as Unraid. A problem when not at home, or want to give friends admin. I can connect and play remotely, so port forwarding worked.

46 minutes ago, DrKrieger said:

I'm trying to get Barotrauma dedicated server to run as Campaign 24/7 so I or friends can join whenever. From what I've searched, it's supposedly possible.

Server admin doesn't seem to work if I'm not on the same LAN as Unraid. A problem when not at home, or want to give friends admin. I can connect and play remotely, so port forwarding worked.

I will look into this ASAP, weekends are usually family time for me...

• Thanks 1

Hello, I have an odd issue with my 7 Days To Die server. For some reason some mods are getting a permissions error when trying to apply. So end results is I have some mods that work, but others that do not. 
image.png.33542a3251cbf76f3d4c6346f975ce2b.png
These are the mods I've added. The ones that aren't working are the Crafting Queue, 30K Item Stack and vehicle storage is questionable. 

image.thumb.png.d9acdfb4a7455899298df9b4c73f9f53.png

Here is my container log. 

Seeing the permissions errors in there, I tried doing a chmod 777 -R /mnt/user/appdata/7dtd/ and a chmod 777 -R /mnt/user/appdata/7dtd/Mods to no result. 

Any suggestions?

8 minutes ago, Mister Pipps said:

Coooool okay so that got rid of the writing issue however, the mod is still not working. Will try removing all mods and replacing.

I'm really not into 7DtD since I personally don't own the game, eventually @Spectral Force can help or someone else that owns the game and run a server.

It should not be any different to a normal Linux dedicated server, don't know if there are differnt mods for different platforms (Windows/Linux) are available or if the path (upper case and lower case) makes any difference.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I'm really not into 7DtD since I personally don't own the game, eventually @Spectral Force can help or someone else that owns the game and run a server.

It should not be any different to a normal Linux dedicated server, don't know if there are differnt mods for different platforms (Windows/Linux) are available or if the path (upper case and lower case) makes any difference.

Yeah mods are weird for 7DtD. It doesn't support steam workshop so it won't natively pull from Steam. You have to download individual mods from sources like nexus and paste them into the mods folder. From what I've seen, most quality of life mods tend to just be XML files that change the game files without actually editing the base config.... something to that effect. 

On 1/8/2021 at 7:59 PM, ich777 said:

What that shouldn't happen.

But I only can think of a game problem since the container only downloads the game and starts it.

I managed to resolve the issue. The steamcmd directory had changed ownership when i moved it from a HDD to an SSD. So ran the docker folder permission an that solved the issue. 

Another question, i'm trying to pull up the console but am struggeling to do so. Even after inputting the admin PW when logging in. 

Out of curiosity, is there a way to copy the saved game form docker to a windows server. 

13 hours ago, JamJar said:

I managed to resolve the issue. The steamcmd directory had changed ownership when i moved it from a HDD to an SSD. So ran the docker folder permission an that solved the issue. 

Yes, if you move files around you also have to change the permissions or copy it with the files.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to copy the saved game form docker to a windows server.

This is totally doable because the container is running the Windows version since the developers never released a Linux dedicated server version for the game, that's why it's marked as beta because the container runs it with WINE

Another question, i'm trying to pull up the console but am struggeling to do so.

Where did you want to pull up the console ingame or in the container?

21 hours ago, DrKrieger said:

Can you give me the link to a guide on how to do that, eventually a parameter is wrong so it prevents joining a game if it's currently running or something like that it pauses the game if nobody is on the server.

21 hours ago, DrKrieger said:

Server admin doesn't seem to work if I'm not on the same LAN as Unraid.

Have you read that you can actually connect to the games console with this in the description of the container itself:

CONSOLE: To connect to the console from Unraid itself and type in: 'docker exec -u steam -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS Barotrauma' (without quotes), to disconnect from the console simply close the window.

19 hours ago, key_sick said:

ive tried but no success

Please give me a little bit more information, can you post the log output from RUST is the server even correctly running?

I think it can only be a little problem because @wyattbest wrote a few posts above that he has a working RUST server.

On 1/8/2021 at 3:35 AM, GOODWINML said:

Actually both would be AWESOME. Halo PC more for stock maps. Halo CE more for custom maps. Thanks for taking the time when you can.

Looked now into it and can't get the servers to run correctly, think it has something to do because I have to run it through WINE because there is no native Linux Dedicated Server app available.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you give me the link to a guide on how to do that, eventually a parameter is wrong so it prevents joining a game if it's currently running or something like that it pauses the game if nobody is on the server.

Have you read that you can actually connect to the games console with this in the description of the container itself:

Please give me a little bit more information, can you post the log output from RUST is the server even correctly running?

I think it can only be a little problem because @wyattbest wrote a few posts above that he has a working RUST server.

For server:
https://barotrauma.gamepedia.com/Serversettings.xml
gamemodeidentifier  Sandbox/Mission/Campaign (String) - Sets game mode

It will only ever start as sandbox, despite being set to Campaign unless forced from console.

Connecting to console from Unraid is fine when I'm at home since I can just tab out and fix things, but if our campaign gets messed up / we wipe etc., when I'm not playing at home, that's a problem as I can't do anything without going back home.

Attached my settings file if that'll help.

serversettings.xml

7 hours ago, DrKrieger said:

Connecting to console from Unraid is fine when I'm at home since I can just tab out and fix things, but if our campaign gets messed up / we wipe etc., when I'm not playing at home, that's a problem as I can't do anything without going back home.

To solve this issue you can setup OpenVPN so that you can connect directly with your home network and also connect to Unraid, there are many options out there, you can do a reverse proxy with a strong password,...

7 hours ago, DrKrieger said:

gamemodeidentifier  Sandbox/Mission/Campaign

I'm really not much into Barotrauma and I will take a look at this ASAP

9 hours ago, Ossito said:

Hi everyone and happy new year

i tried to install don't start together but doen't work

i had my token but server can't find "main.lua" file

can you help me?

I will look into this ASAP, can you post a screenshot of your Docker template from the container?

Also have you a cache drive installed in your server?