[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hello

I've installed the Assetto Corsa gameserver docker on my Unraid server using a new dedicated Steam account, and have forwarded ports on my router. I can see all of the game and files in the appdata share.

Now what? There is no web interface as part of the docker, so how do I configure the server?

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, furtive said:

Great, many thanks all sorted now. It might be worth adding a link to the WebUI from the Docker container?

Don't understand what you mean exactly.

Have you enabled Stacker? If so, this is optional and also the description says how to connect to it.

Some people only configure it over the config files and the WebUI isn't necessary by default, that's why it's not in there.

Other Docker apps have a WebUI option under the menu (see attached image). I just thought it would be useful to have a link to the Assetto Corsa Server WebUI (serverIP:8772) so you can access it directly from the Docker image. I had to try and figure out how to access it once I had installed the Docker image.

I don't have Stacker enabled.

webui.jpg

7 minutes ago, furtive said:

Other Docker apps have a WebUI option under the menu (see attached image). I just thought it would be useful to have a link to the Assetto Corsa Server WebUI (serverIP:8772) so you can access it directly from the Docker image. I had to try and figure out how to access it once I had installed the Docker image.

I don't have Stacker enabled.

I did this by intention because there are two interfaces that are more or less "mods", I enabled Assetto-Server-Manager by default, this was done by accident, will change this in the template...

Most people prefer Stacker over Assetto-Server-Manager.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Ossito said:

But can you explain me why if /mnt/user/ doesn't work and /mnt/cache does?

A few applications gameservers need the physical path where the application and the files for the application are and not the "virtual" path.

For example TeamFortress2 and GarrysMod are the same and needs the path to the physical location.

That's why I put always the '/mnt/cache' path in my templates to the gamefiles and the '/mnt/user' path for SteamCMD because SteamCMD doesn't need the physical path to the files because it only downloads the files or checks for updates.

Even if you install the container you see that the CA App actually fills depending if you own a cache drive or not the physical path to your appdata directory:

grafik.png.d072553977bbd330f7f0eea37ec582e9.png

If you are using a UnassignedDevices disk the path is for example '/mnt/disks/DISKNAME/SHARENAME' or if it's located on the array then the path has to be '/mnt/disk2/SHARENAME' (the array path is dependent on the disk where the files are but keep in mind that if someone uses it on the array the files can't be split over multiple disks!)

Also some other Containers are in the CA App that needs also the physical path that are not from me, this is completely application dependent.

Hope that makes sense to you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Most people prefer Stacker over Assetto-Server-Manager.

Hi again. Thanks for all of your support. Because of your message above, I removed the Docker image and deleted everything and reinstalled it to replace Server Manager with Stracker. However I am not able to connect to the Stracker UI via port 50041. Looking at the logs, everything is ok on startup, and this is the only message I am getting that indicates there may be a problem:

"tail: cannot open '/serverdata/serverfiles/stracker.log' for reading: No such file or directory"

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

1 hour ago, furtive said:

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

You are doing nothing worng but the container does, please delete one more time the container and also the directory for AssetoCorsa in your appdata directory and redownload it from the CA App.

I've now updated the container, one download points to the wrong place...

Sorry for that and thank you that you brought that up. ;)

• Thanks 1

Heya!

I sadly have a problem with the MinecraftBasicServer that i dont get fixed.

Starting the server the first time gives me an error (first picture). I dont know what this means really? There is nothing there on the server, so should i install something there?

After i convert the server to a forge one i get this start error (second pic). I tried getting into the console through the screen but it says that there are no screens for this docker( i used "docker exec -u minecraft -ti Mods screen -xS Minecraft"). If i put the "-Dfml.queryResult=confirm" into the start parameter, it doesnt help and still shows this error.

Could somebody help me please with that?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2021-01-16 113226.png

Screenshot 2021-01-16 114514.png

59 minutes ago, Kurtchen said:

Starting the server the first time gives me an error (first picture). I dont know what this means really? There is nothing there on the server, so should i install something there?

Have you eventually shut the container down or restarted it on the very first start, because this looks not like the really first start, you have to wait at the very first a little longer since it downloads the runtime.

Please try to delete the folder 'runtime' in your minecraftbasicserver folder.

1 hour ago, Kurtchen said:

If i put the "-Dfml.queryResult=confirm" into the start parameter, it doesnt help and still shows this error.

Where did you put this command in?

It seems also that you have mods already added...

The log says something or better speaking that a dependencie or something in your savegame is missing (keep in mind there are different versions for windows and linux out there) and that you have to confirm that.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you eventually shut the container down or restarted it on the very first start, because this looks not like the really first start, you have to wait at the very first a little longer since it downloads the runtime.

Please try to delete the folder 'runtime' in your minecraftbasicserver folder.

I will reinstall it then and try that. Maybe there is my error.

EDIT: i tried to delete that folder but it reappears instantly?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Where did you put this command in?

It seems also that you have mods already added...

The log says something or better speaking that a dependencie or something in your savegame is missing (keep in mind there are different versions for windows and linux out there) and that you have to confirm that.

In Extra Game Parameters and then Extra JVM Parameters to test which works.

I put in my backup from my old server so it would start the old world on the new server. Thats why mods and a save is already in.

Edited by Kurtchen
6 minutes ago, Kurtchen said:

EDIT: i tried to delete that folder but it reappears instantly?

Stop the container and try to delete it and then to start it up again then it should say that the runtime isn't found and it will redownload it.

7 minutes ago, Kurtchen said:

I put in my backup from my old server so it would start the old world on the new server.

Is this also a Linux machine?

Try for troubleshooting reasons to delete the savegame for now then this issue should be resolved.

Sorry can't test it until tomorrow evening, weekend is family time for me... Eventually I find some spare time then I will respond earlier.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Stop the container and try to delete it and then to start it up again then it should say that the runtime isn't found and it will redownload it.

The docker was removed and i cant delete it.

I now installed it in a different instalationpath. This worked perfectly now!

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is this also a Linux machine?

Try for troubleshooting reasons to delete the savegame for now then this issue should be resolved.

Sorry can't test it until tomorrow evening, weekend is family time for me... Eventually I find some spare time then I will respond earlier.

Yes it is/was.

Okay, i will do that.

No worries please. Its just a game and not a life relevant service or so :)

Have fun!

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

@Kurtchen Can you eventually send me the server as a zip archive from your previous machen so that I can try it on my own?

Eventually write me a short private message. :)

If you dont mind. The Problem is solved now! :D

Used another folder path to install the docker and now i can connect to the screen and everything. runtime was installed propperly and the forge server runs now too. Since i could connect to the screen, i could put in the command per hand.

Thank you very much!
Even though it was just my stupidity :D

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Kurtchen said:

If you dont mind. The Problem is solved now! :D

Used another folder path to install the docker and now i can connect to the screen and everything. runtime was installed propperly and the forge server runs now too. Since i could connect to the screen, i could put in the command per hand.

Thank you very much!
Even though it was just my stupidity :D

Nice, glad to hear that it works now. :)

• Thanks 1

Trying to run Atlas server, all i'm getting in the log is:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910
Signal 11 caught.
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 119: 77 Segmentation fault ./ShooterGameServer ${MAP_NAME}${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Success! App '1006030' already up to date.
---Starting Redis Server---
---Prepare Server---
---Searching for grid files...---
---'ServerGrid.jpg' found!---
---'ServerGrid.json' found!---
---'ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json' found!---
---Configuring Redis---
OK
OK
Background saving started
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

46 minutes ago, RedSpider said:

Trying to run Atlas server, all i'm getting in the log is:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910
Signal 11 caught.
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 119: 77 Segmentation fault ./ShooterGameServer ${MAP_NAME}${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Success! App '1006030' already up to date.
---Starting Redis Server---
---Prepare Server---
---Searching for grid files...---
---'ServerGrid.jpg' found!---
---'ServerGrid.json' found!---
---'ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json' found!---
---Configuring Redis---
OK
OK
Background saving started
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

Have you installed a cache drive in your server?

Where is your appdata folder located?

I will look into it after the weekend. ;)

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you installed a cache drive in your server?

Where is your appdata folder located?

I will look into it after the weekend. ;)

Thank you :)

I have a separate cache pool that is exclusively for Docker containers, the appdata is:

/mnt/docker/appdata
/mnt/docker/appdata/atlas
/mnt/docker/appdata/atlas/steamcmd

Edited by RedSpider